OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me find... (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 40]

skywalkersaga

tinyumbrellas wrote:
ETA: I've felt reluctant to sign up in the past, simply because I don't really own hard any 'high end' dolls, let alone actual BJD's, so would feel like maybe I'm intruding or something...
Not intruding at all! Heaps of members there don’t yet own their first BJD, it’s a learning resource as well for those who are interested in the hobby! The more the merrier as long as you are polite and don’t post pics of off-topic or banned dolls (the former are things like action figures and are ok in the Brigadoon section, the latter are bootlegs and will get you kicked out)

There are cheap and expensive BJDs and just like in the 1:6 world quality varies greatly, I wouldn’t call some of them high end, and most of us aren’t snobs about it! Wink there are certainly 1:6 figures that are more expensive than some BJDs and/or higher quality, I think the market is really opening up in both directions

Thanks for the reassurance -- I'll have another look over there. Smile

tinyumbrellas

Good luck in your modding search! I’m Psycholily on DoA, say hello if you drop by Smile

skywalkersaga

tinyumbrellas wrote:Good luck in your modding search! I’m Psycholily on DoA, say hello if you drop by Smile

Thanks, will do! : )

SanjiSasuke

Hi all, hoping this is a good place for this question (figured I'd try this before my own topic)

I'm trying to make King from King of Fighters to go with my Phicen Athena (and future Mai). I was just wondering...does anyone have suggestions on the best way to buy or even make her outfit?

I'm shooting for either her look with the small reddish-purple vest (preferred) or her reddish purple jacket, or both if possible. (Cant post a link, search for her 2002 and XIV outfits for reference)

I've got a good head and phicen base body in mind already, so clothes are the main issue. The vest alone is seemingly tough to find, let alone a purple one.

tinyumbrellas

tinyumbrellas
Hey SanjiSasuke, I had to quickly google the character, but I think I saw something earlier today on toy anxiety, search that site for ‘pink vest’ and ‘pink jacket’ I know it’s not purple but very easy to dye it? It’s not open at the back either but not sure if that bothers you. Not sure Even if I have the character reference right

https://toyanxiety.com/pop-toys-office-lady-business-suits-pink-vest/

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hi, SanjiSasuke, welcome! And yes, this is the perfect thread for that question. Smile

tinyumbrellas is definitely on the right track, as imo PopToys make some of the better 1/6 suits out there. I'm not 100% sure if I have the character you are looking for in mind either, though, so bear with me if I'm not making the right suggestions....

Here are some other outfits with suit jacket type tops. None in purple, but these in grey and red could maybe be modified and dyed the right colour:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POPTOYS-X30-1-6-Scale-POP-COSTUME-Office-Lady-Female-Suit-Pants-Ver-A-Red/143378791428?hash=item21620abc04:g:6GwAAOSwfDtdZk0s

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POPTOYS-X30-1-6-Scale-POP-COSTUME-Office-Lady-Female-Suit-Pants-Ver-B-Grey/153847996422?hash=item23d20e2006:g:~1AAAOSwqEZdZk0g

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POPTOYS-X29-1-6-Scale-POP-COSTUME-Office-Lady-Female-Suit-Skirt-Ver-A-Red/164100692251?hash=item263529d91b:g:l70AAOSwoDVeMuWK

And here's an outfit set that has a bolero type jacket with it:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-FLIRTY-GIRL-FGC2018-SPACE-OFFICER-Female-Cosplay-Clothing-Sexy-Suit-Set-Toys/142865498324?hash=item21437280d4ⓂmQmF0CQTo37jRJ3XC8XJMjA

These are the main ones I could think of off the top of my head, and perhaps you've already encountered them.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This is King from King of Fighters if anyone wants a better idea of how to help:

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 15 55d7f510
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 15 1eb69c10
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 15 05386410

Welcome aboard, SanjiSasuki. Very Happy

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 15 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, Stryker -- all I could find was highly pixelated images from the game, so that does help. ;D

SanjiSasuke

Wow awesome stuff here! Tiny umbrellas suggestion is pretty much perfect for her vest look, and skywalkersaga has some great suggestions for thr remaining items (I had seen many of them but hadn't even considered using that flirty space officer jacket to make her jacket).

Thank you Stryker2011 for the images!

I guess now I'll just need to figure out dyeing to get the colors just right. Thanks again to everyone!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh no, she reminds me of Marcy D'Arcy from Married with Children. Smile

tinyumbrellas

tinyumbrellas
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know of a figure or outfit set produced in 1:6 that would be suitable to make a Joseon era Korean nobleman? Especially the Gat/hat as I really don't want to make one that small! They can be bought in 1:4 and 1:3 from korean doll company Dollmore but not in 1:6...

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 15 18205210

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
GubernatorFan wrote:The only sixth-scale version I have is the Sideshow, and it is very very good (even if the little compartments open perhaps a little too easily). If you do get that one, careful with the little serving trey attachment, the components could easily break apart if you are a bit careless. I have a faint notion that there was some discussion of an electronic version that is about the right size for sixth-scale. It would be less detailed and functional, but it would be able to move around on its own. Being a robot, however, you are likely to be able to get a lot (look-wise) from a more basic version.

Sphero is the brand of the actual RC Artoo, it is slightly underscale I believe but very nice to have an actual robot version

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
skywalkersaga wrote:Question about 1/6 scale R2-D2's.... I'm hoping to find one that is on the cheap or at least not-hideously-expensive side, though obviously still want it to be more or else 'to-scale' when standing next to 1/6 figures. I've considered everything from the old Kenner PotF figure from 1997, to Sideshow ones [though those are obvs. not cheap, lol], and more. Wondering if there are other 1/6 scale versions of him out there that I might not be aware of, since I'm guessing there are probably more recent 'toy line' type figures I have missed in my studious avoidance of most Disney merch. ;p

I think I even saw some app-controlled 'robot' versions advertised somewhere, though I don't necessarily need anything that fancy. As long as his 'legs' move into the basic standing or moving positions and he's the right scale, that would be enough.  

Eventually I'd be happy to own a high-end 1/6 version, but would be fine with something a bit more basic to use as a stand-in in the meantime. Suggestions are welcome. Smile 

[Insert all the 'droid you're looking for' jokes here Razz ]

Hasbro did one in "close enough to" 1:6 in their recent "titan hero series" along with a different astromech in a tripple pack with C-3P0 and BB8, Sphero did the RC one which again is underscale but maybe close enough, Disney parks have one that is more a statue that acts as a sweet container, 7-11 in Japan also did a 1:6 astromech droid that again opens as a container. IIRC there may have also been an R2 soy sauce dispenser but dont remember how close it was scale wise

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
tinyumbrellas wrote:Just out of curiosity, does anyone know of a figure or outfit set produced in 1:6 that would be suitable to make a Joseon era Korean nobleman? Especially the Gat/hat as I really don't want to make one that small! They can be bought in 1:4 and 1:3 from korean doll company Dollmore but not in 1:6...

I can picture exactly the sort of thing you are talking about, but, via a cursory search just now, can't find one in 1/6 either.  :/

Unsurprisingly, all I could find were some Korean warrior types from various different eras -- aside from this figure, which of course is not what you were looking for:

https://www.urbansamuraihobbies.com/iminime-byung-hun-lee-masquerade-south-korean-movie-figure/

Finding pre-made historical clothing for noblemen/women [or even peasants] in 1/6 scale is difficult, regardless of the culture or time period, since so many 1/6 action figure companies focus on either soldiers/warriors, or on replicating movie or tv characters, so the pool of what is out there is often limited to that kind of thing. Otherwise I would have a gazillion 1/6 scale female figures in all my favourite historical outfits by now, sigh. ;p

That said, it seems a quite iconic type of hat, so maybe there is some figure I am overlooking.

Wondering if a fez type of hat could be modd'd to look like one...

jaztermareal-- thanks so much for the additional info on the various R2's out there, really appreciate it! Smile

tinyumbrellas

tinyumbrellas
Thanks @skywalkersaga,
I’ve been watching a lot of dramas set in that era so thought there may have been a movie set I was missing! I’ve seen figures of Kpop idols and there is one of the kings: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10257432

The gat needs to be see through so I think I will have to suck it up and make the entire thing! After I finish modding something else

ETA: I can’t find many South Asian or Indian headsculpts for another kitbash either...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
tinyumbrellas wrote:Thanks @skywalkersaga,
I’ve been watching a lot of dramas set in that era so thought there may have been a movie set I was missing! I’ve seen figures of Kpop idols and there is one of the kings: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10257432

The gat needs to be see through so I think I will have to suck it up and make the entire thing! After I finish modding something else

I think the figure of that king looks like the same guy I linked to above...?

And there could indeed be something else based on a movie or show, but I may just not be aware of it -- even if there is, though, might be tough to find it parted out...

Good luck with your search and/or with making it! Smile

tinyumbrellas

tinyumbrellas
Oops yes it is sorry! I’m on my phone so I’m just skimming posts til I wake up so I didn’t click it yet

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
tinyumbrellas wrote:Oops yes it is sorry! I’m on my phone so I’m just skimming posts til I wake up so I didn’t click it yet

No worries! Just thought maybe I was not seeing things correctly. ;'D

tinyumbrellas

tinyumbrellas
No it’s definitely me being a lazy jerk Wink you said it wouldn’t work for what I was after so I just went ehhh I’ll click it later on a big screen lol

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's fine! I'm really curious how you'll do the gat ...hope you'll post pics once you make it. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Apart from the occasional custom (with a husband and wife pair sculpted by Peter the Painter?), the only one I could think of would be the Amir Khan head (search for 1/6 Amir Khan head on eBay). There seems to be a missed opportunity there, and I wonder how much of this is China and India being well... not too friendly.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I know that gooboo (a member here) is currently trying to create a custom female Indian-looking head sculpt via 3D printing .... maybe you contact them about it?

tinyumbrellas

tinyumbrellas
@gubernatorfan Amir Khan is way too handsome for the character I have in mind lol!!

@skywalkersaga interesting, thanks! I need a male head and am quite particular about looks, but lack the budget for custom sculpt so I do wonder if I could find an .stl somewhere and scale and print myself!

How many in this community use 3D printing for props? Resolution could be iffy at this scale but I bet you could make a rad R2-D2!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Several members here have utilised 3D printing for their own various purposes, and I do see people elsewhere online using it for both 1/6 heads and accessories/props. I think it’s still hard to access and expensive for a lot of people though, plus there is extra work involved in order to make the items useable (sanding, etc), so it’s perhaps not as prevalent as it could be, yet.

Here’s AerynDiana’s current thread about trying out 3D printing:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2492-3d-printing-projects-in-1-6

Diana

Diana
FYI - I'd be happy to print anything at cost if you provide the file. Wink

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
tinyumbrellas wrote:Thanks @skywalkersaga,

ETA: I can’t find many South Asian or Indian headsculpts for another kitbash either...

there was a 1:6 doll line called Bollywood legends years back, some heads could work with repaint I think

edit: pic
https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5566/14553804261_f7acd70fdf_b.jpg

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:Several members here have utilised 3D printing for their own various purposes, and I do see people elsewhere online using it for both 1/6 heads and accessories/props. I think it’s still hard to access and expensive for a lot of people though, plus there is extra work involved in order to make the items useable (sanding, etc), so it’s perhaps not as prevalent as it could be, yet.

Here’s AerynDiana’s current thread about trying out 3D printing:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2492-3d-printing-projects-in-1-6

3D printing is so fascinating. I wish I had the skills and time to go deeper into that vein. Luckily we have some good people here with those skills. Will be itneresting what else they do with it!

tinyumbrellas

tinyumbrellas
Thanks jaztermareal, unfortunately not quite what I am looking for. I wish I could find some good reference pics even! Will keep hunting.

Valiarde it definitely takes time to fine tune the output of a printer, but you can tinker a little with 3D modelling and send the file off for someone else to deal with all the bed adhesion issues, jamming, retraction problems etc. Wink

Valiarde

Valiarde
tinyumbrellas wrote:

Valiarde it definitely takes time to fine tune the output of a printer, but you can tinker a little with 3D modelling and send the file off for someone else to deal with all the bed adhesion issues, jamming, retraction problems etc. Wink

Hmm, but tinkering with 3D modelling already sounds like you need to learn some new stuff Smile I don't have the energy right now for that

I will keep an eye on the different 3D printer threads though Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum