OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me find... (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 40]

Valiarde

I think 3R stands for 3rd Reich?

Skippy

Valiarde wrote:I think 3R stands for 3rd Reich?

Yes, their official website doesn't even try to hide it.

https://www.3reich.us/

They lump the Japanese in there with the SS, as to the Chinese in particular the Japanese from the 1930s and into the war are regarded as 'devils'.

CFC_Panzer12

Cheers for the replays much appreciated

CFC_Panzer12

Asta wrote:This is the official UK DiD/3R retailer:

http://www.modellersloft.co.uk/

They sell both full and parted out sets.

Excellent thank you

shazzdan

shazzdan
My father has a Nazi flag that was given to him by a friend who was a prisoner in WW2. He stole the flag from the prison flagpole after he was liberated to give the finger to those who held him captive. The Nazi flag, in general, is a symbol of white supremacy but that specific Nazi flag is a symbol of resistance to oppression.

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
shazzdan wrote:My father has a Nazi flag that was given to him by a friend who was a prisoner in WW2. He stole the flag from the prison flagpole after he was liberated to give the finger to those who held him captive. The Nazi flag, in general, is a symbol of white supremacy but that specific Nazi flag is a symbol of resistance to oppression.

Hopefully nobody gives your father a weird look for having it. A co-worker's grandfather willed him a complete Allgemeine SS uniform that he took from a hotel room near the town of Berchtesgaden which included a Totenkopfring. He wore it to a bar once and nearly got into a brawl with some patrons that recognize what it was. He was calmly explained his grandfather's story to them which calmed them down and they had a few rounds together after that swapping their relatives stories on the war. After that he never wore it again.

After I met him, I helped him out by trying to find out whose uniform it belonged to. Two years later, even the curator at the National Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington DC can't positively identify it since the individual's name of the Party Pin's number was erased from the records that were captured by the Allies. He's narrowed it down to possibility of two, all of which were convicted War Criminals.

Currently it's still being held for safe keeping and he's considering loaning it to the Holocaust Museum at the request of the curator. I agree with that decision since, in my opinion, it belongs in that type of Museum so the next generations can learn of the darkest chapter of human history to make sure its never not repeats itself.

Here is a picture of it:
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 27 Ss_uni10

657Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 27 Empty 1/6 Fallout items on Shapeways??? Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:33 pm

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
Hitting a dead end here so maybe someone can help. I've found some AER Laser Rifles and the Gatling Gin, but looking to see if the 10mm Pistol has been done on Shapeways. Anyone seen any?

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
As for 3d models i bet thingieverse and yeggi should have several.if you own fallout new vegas or fallout 4, you could get them models via nifscope and convert them into .stl files. Almost every item i printed of the classic weaponry, like the m72 gauss rifle and wattz laser rifle, was obtained that way.

Its been ages since i bought something from shapeways, as far as i remember you could upload models and have them print it. Though i might be mistaken on that part.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Tjolnir wrote:As for 3d models i bet thingieverse and yeggi should have several.if you own fallout new vegas or fallout 4, you could get them models via nifscope and convert them into .stl files. Almost every item i printed of the classic weaponry, like the m72 gauss rifle and wattz laser rifle, was obtained that way.

Its been ages since i bought something from shapeways, as far as i remember you could upload models and have them print it. Though i might be mistaken on that part.

From my understanding, if you send them the 3D models, yes, you can get them made.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 27 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This is a bit of an odd question, but I'm trying to find some kind of hinge or ball joint that can either rotate or at least move in multiple directions. It doesn't have to be as small as a 1/6 scale figure's joint, but it would still have be somewhat unobtrusive in that scale. I'm hoping to be able to use it to create a wide range of movement on something, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about what is out there to even know where to start looking. Any suggestions?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sky, have you thought of sending a PM to shovelchop? He should be able to help you as our resident master of cobbling things together put of random bits.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
You probably need the standard Hasbro hand articulation in 1:6 form.  Here’s one of the Marvel Legends Tigre’s hands:

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 27 9ab3c810

It’s not a ball joint per se, but once you pop the hand into the forearm socket, you have 360 degree rotation, and then the hinge for up and down movement.

Now that you mention it, I’m realizing that I may not have any 1/6 figures with hinges (once again, my amazing powers of observation at work).  How odd.

Ovy

Ovy
I am thinking about lego technic/bionicle stuff or that old brand k'nex. There is probably more from lego but I am a bit out of the loop haha. I used some on an old skeleton, maybe will take a look tomorrow.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker -- ah, yeah, of course, he was 'MIA' for so long, I'm still geting used to the fact that he's currently around. If I can't figure something out, I'll pick his brain. ;p

Xavion2004 and Ovy, thanks both for the suggestions, will keep thinking on it as well...

teamweapon

Im not really all that versed in what TBL clothes are available as its generally not my bag, even though i have a couple stashed in a draw [one of which is DEATHLY white and dont think i will even find any head to match it???] but i have looked a few times for a dress similair to this.Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 27 Black_10
I have yet to find much of anything, most dresses have no sleeves.
i have also looked for barbie dresses but no luck there either.
I am not in a particular hurry to finish this project [haha so far its been in a draw for at least 3 years, im not the speediest of crafters haha]. I am also TIGHT so going to hedgemony is right out the question Smile
anything anyone can point me in the direction of would be GREATLY APPRECIATED

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
There is this, in several colors, for the taller TBLeague bodies (I used it on a petite S25B, which is why I've folded parts over) -- but it has very wide sleeves. It is marketed as a princess dress.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3756-the-legend-of-valentine-s-day

MX-V

MX-V
Sky, try looking for 'Grappling Ball Joints" or "Double Ball Joints".
Amazon has some Hobby ball joints that you might be able to use.
Hope that helps.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
MX-V wrote:Sky, try looking for 'Grappling Ball Joints" or "Double Ball Joints".
Amazon has some Hobby ball joints that you might be able to use.
Hope that helps.

Wow, thanks so much, those look really promising! It's hard to tell the size as there isn't much by way of description, but I'm guessing they are small enough, since they say they are 'hobby' ball joints?

ETA: nevermind, I found a review of them....size seems fine. Thanks again! Smile

teamweapon

GubernatorFan wrote:There is this, in several colors, for the taller TBLeague bodies (I used it on a petite S25B, which is why I've folded parts over) -- but it has very wide sleeves. It is marketed as a princess dress.

The large sleeves i could probably do something with but i really wanted a plunge V-neck line on it which i dont think i could futz out of the that dress?
as i say i have been casually browsing for a similar dress for quite some time but nothing seems to come even close Smile
thanks for the tip though Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
teamweapon wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:There is this, in several colors, for the taller TBLeague bodies (I used it on a petite S25B, which is why I've folded parts over) -- but it has very wide sleeves. It is marketed as a princess dress.

The large sleeves i could probably do something with but i really wanted a plunge V-neck line on it which i dont think i could futz out of the that dress?
as i say i have been casually browsing for a similar dress for quite some time but nothing seems to come even close Smile

Have you checked Etsy or aliexpress? I’d also look at 13” Fashion Royalty items.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, try fashion doll clothing. You can look on Etsy.... search for Poppy Parker, Fashion Royalty, and even Made-to-Move barbie clothing.

teamweapon

Stryker2011 wrote:
teamweapon wrote:

Have you checked Etsy or aliexpress? I’d also look at 13” Fashion Royalty items.

skywalkersaga wrote:Yes, try fashion doll clothing. You can look on Etsy.... search for Poppy Parker, Fashion Royalty, and even Made-to-Move barbie clothing.
i will give all of those a stab! i have tried etsy but not with those search terms. i shall report back with my overly fussy findings haha, thanks for the help Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Was it Wonderpants who was looking for seamless black fishnet tights?

I think I found some of the FireGirl tights available:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373657156928?hash=item56ffb3bd40:g:ap4AAOSwOWtg-SJD

Wonderpants

Seen all those but thanks.
The Firegirl ones are seamless but may be too dark, while all the others have seams, so it’s tough making a choice

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I have those FireGirl ones, they seem fine to me?

Honestly, you're not going to get any better than that in terms of what you are looking for.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Can anyone recommend a 1/6 bra that will fit an S10D or S12D well, underneath tight clothing, without leaving an obvious outline of the bra underneath the clothing?  Stretchy fabrics look great on the figure, but they can get a thin around the bust line, and I’ve even noticing some possible fading on a multicam top from it.

I’ve done searches on eBay, Toy Axiety, Monkey Depot, etc., so I have a pretty good idea of what’s out there.  I’m just hoping that someone can give me a first hand recommendation.

As far as bodies go, I know there are other choices with smaller bust lines, but I tend to stick with S10Ds and S12Ds because they seem to be the best overall fit when it comes to third party clothing.

First fishnets, now bras. This can be a very strange hobby at times. Very Happy

Kallor8

Xavion, just so I know what I'm looking for so I can potentially help out - is the purpose to compress the breasts so they don't appear as large? Or multiple layers of fabric to offset visible nipples? Maybe the look requires visible straps on the shoulders?

I only ask because I'm assuming there is a purpose you're trying to achieve that her going bra-less wouldn't solve, and I've come up with some interesting solutions over the years to stuff like that.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL, indeed. I once expressed the opinion that if it is going to be covered up anyway, it is not necessary. And I was corrected in no uncertain terms by completists, who just wanted to know it is there. Smile Unfortunately, I have persevered in my heresy, and can offer no true constructive perspective... Hope someone else does.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
It’s a nipple issue on the two VeryCool Jenners, and then on the figure I’m working on, she’s got a black top on, but the fabric is a bit thin, and it’s a little too sheer for my tastes.  Not terrible, but noticeable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum