OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me find... (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 40]

jaztermareal

tinyumbrellas wrote:Thanks @skywalkersaga,
I’ve been watching a lot of dramas set in that era so thought there may have been a movie set I was missing! I’ve seen figures of Kpop idols and there is one of the kings: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10257432

The gat needs to be see through so I think I will have to suck it up and make the entire thing! After I finish modding something else

ETA: I can’t find many South Asian or Indian headsculpts for another kitbash either...

there was a 1:6 doll line called Bollywood legends years back, some heads could work with repaint I think

edit: pic
https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5566/14553804261_f7acd70fdf_b.jpg

Valiarde

skywalkersaga wrote:Several members here have utilised 3D printing for their own various purposes, and I do see people elsewhere online using it for both 1/6 heads and accessories/props. I think it’s still hard to access and expensive for a lot of people though, plus there is extra work involved in order to make the items useable (sanding, etc), so it’s perhaps not as prevalent as it could be, yet.

Here’s AerynDiana’s current thread about trying out 3D printing:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2492-3d-printing-projects-in-1-6

3D printing is so fascinating. I wish I had the skills and time to go deeper into that vein. Luckily we have some good people here with those skills. Will be itneresting what else they do with it!

tinyumbrellas

Thanks jaztermareal, unfortunately not quite what I am looking for. I wish I could find some good reference pics even! Will keep hunting.

Valiarde it definitely takes time to fine tune the output of a printer, but you can tinker a little with 3D modelling and send the file off for someone else to deal with all the bed adhesion issues, jamming, retraction problems etc. Wink

Valiarde

tinyumbrellas wrote:

Valiarde it definitely takes time to fine tune the output of a printer, but you can tinker a little with 3D modelling and send the file off for someone else to deal with all the bed adhesion issues, jamming, retraction problems etc. Wink

Hmm, but tinkering with 3D modelling already sounds like you need to learn some new stuff Smile I don't have the energy right now for that

I will keep an eye on the different 3D printer threads though Wink

tinyumbrellas

tinyumbrellas
Lots of free models online already in that case Wink check out myminifactory or thingiverse. But I get what you mean!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
tinyumbrellas wrote:Lots of free models online already in that case Wink check out myminifactory or thingiverse. But I get what you mean!

Also Shapeways will make stuff for you if you upload a file — not for free, however.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 16 C8485110

tinyumbrellas

tinyumbrellas
AerynDiana that’s so generous of you Smile

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Hey all, curious if anyone has ever seen a 1/6 snubnose .38 with removable shells. I've tried drilling out the chambers on one myself with pretty disastrous results. Anything close I see with removable shells is the break open as opposed to swing out type. If anyone HAS one they'd be willing to part with for a reasonable price, that would be incredible, but I'd be happy if anyone pointed me in the right direction or even confirmed if anyone has ever seen one made. Appreciate the help!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hmm. Found a swing out cylinder snub nose, but it doesn’t have removable bullets.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-DRAGON-38-357-SNUB-NOSE-REVOLVER-SMITH-WESSON-COLT-RUGER-SWAT-POLICE-BBI-/223235137920

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:Hmm. Found a swing out cylinder snub nose, but it doesn’t have removable bullets.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-DRAGON-38-357-SNUB-NOSE-REVOLVER-SMITH-WESSON-COLT-RUGER-SWAT-POLICE-BBI-/223235137920

Yeah, that's about as close as I've found as well. I tried drilling out the cylinder on a similar one this weekend to make my own chambers and completely destroyed it. Requires a level of precision and control beyond me I think. Thanks for looking though! If anyone else has any suggestions, please send my way.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ReverendSpooky wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Hmm. Found a swing out cylinder snub nose, but it doesn’t have removable bullets.

Yeah, that's about as close as I've found as well.  I tried drilling out the cylinder on a similar one this weekend to make my own chambers and completely destroyed it.  Requires a level of precision and control beyond me I think.  Thanks for looking though!  If anyone else has any suggestions, please send my way.  

What did you use to do the drilling? Maybe that's the problem. I would be using a pin vise as opposed to any powered tool. I would also do the drilling from the muzzle end rather than the breech end as there are already holes (chambers) started.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:

Yeah, that's about as close as I've found as well.  I tried drilling out the cylinder on a similar one this weekend to make my own chambers and completely destroyed it.  Requires a level of precision and control beyond me I think.  Thanks for looking though!  If anyone else has any suggestions, please send my way.  

What did you use to do the drilling?  Maybe that's the problem.  I would be using a pin vise as opposed to any powered tool. I would also do the drilling from the muzzle end rather than the breech end as there are already holes (chambers) started.  

Yeah, the right tools probably make all the difference. I used a dremel and started with a smaller drill bit than I needed, and was planning to widen the hole as I went, but I managed to make a mess before I got that far. I'd started all my holes with a file before I started drilling, but still managed to screw it up.

tinyumbrellas

tinyumbrellas
I’ve seen some awesome pinfire miniature guns and since they actually fire little blanks they will have chambers already but you are looking at $$ and I don’t know if anyone makes a snub nose...

MerylAkiba

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 16 ShotgunWeaponSet3-Front

How about the BBI pilot Viper? I think he had a snub nose with bullets

it looks removable

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-US-ARMY-APACHE-PILOT-EQUIPMENT-AND-VEST-LOT-FROM-BBI/264675645184?hash=item3d9fe5d700:g:6Z8AAOSwL9pedtZ5

I am not sure if I post this here or start a new topic. Is there a way to disassemble HT War Machine Mark I carefully. Compared to the new Iron Man Diecast VII, Plastic War Machine Mark I is 1 inch short. I want to take it apart and add height without using a saw and add many guns

Is their a way to remove those little plugs that cover the screw sockets in HT without hacking? He has them all over the bicep and thigh area.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Shovelchop would be the one to ask about War Machine, but he’s been busy doing other projects and hasn’t been around. You could always send him a PM and see if he responds.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
jaztermareal wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Question about 1/6 scale R2-D2's.... I'm hoping to find one that is on the cheap or at least not-hideously-expensive side, though obviously still want it to be more or else 'to-scale' when standing next to 1/6 figures. I've considered everything from the old Kenner PotF figure from 1997, to Sideshow ones [though those are obvs. not cheap, lol], and more. Wondering if there are other 1/6 scale versions of him out there that I might not be aware of, since I'm guessing there are probably more recent 'toy line' type figures I have missed in my studious avoidance of most Disney merch. ;p

I think I even saw some app-controlled 'robot' versions advertised somewhere, though I don't necessarily need anything that fancy. As long as his 'legs' move into the basic standing or moving positions and he's the right scale, that would be enough.  

Eventually I'd be happy to own a high-end 1/6 version, but would be fine with something a bit more basic to use as a stand-in in the meantime. Suggestions are welcome. Smile 

[Insert all the 'droid you're looking for' jokes here Razz ]

Hasbro did one in "close enough to" 1:6 in their recent "titan hero series" along with a different astromech in a tripple pack with C-3P0 and BB8, Sphero did the RC one which again is underscale but maybe close enough, Disney parks have one that is more a statue that acts as a sweet container, 7-11 in Japan also did a 1:6 astromech droid that again opens as a container. IIRC there may have also been an R2 soy sauce dispenser but dont remember how close it was scale wise

I finally dug out the ones I mentioned and snapped some pics:

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 16 49709015641_2a9b9afd4b_bIMG_2125 by kraggy2011, on Flickr
Left to right: Hasbro Titan Hero line 3 pack astromech, Disney Park sweet box R2, Sphero R2(shop display model attached to base), 7-11 Japan Astromech container, Hasbro Titan Hero R2.
Hasbro Titan BB8, 3PO and hunter figures for scale.

Sphero:
quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 16 49709015601_9473ed4b86_bIMG_2126 by kraggy2011, on Flickr

With the Disney Park container and Hasbro R2:
quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 16 49709015526_6fe73cedf4_bIMG_2127 by kraggy2011, on Flickr

Both Hasbro on left, containers on right:
quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 16 49708479638_d042d822d6_b
IMG_2128 by kraggy2011, on Flickr

These are handy for storage:
quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 16 49708479593_12d51f6bc3_bIMG_2129 by kraggy2011, on Flickr

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, thank you so much for the photos and detailed info — really appreciate you taking the time to do so!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
Nice, really like those tiny cans. 

I was obsessed with astromechs as a kid for a while. Still have a first grade homework diary somewhere, where I made little astromech drawings on the bottom of each page. I think it were 250, I counted them before we officially learned there was a number as high as 250.

That was my skill peak in math, only got worse after that...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice gang of R2s and other droids you have put together. That Sphero version looks really sleek with the chrome dome.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, thank you so much for the photos and detailed info — really appreciate you taking the time to do so!

You are welcome, hope it helped!

Ovy wrote:Nice, really like those tiny cans. 

I was obsessed with astromechs as a kid for a while. Still have a first grade homework diary somewhere, where I made little astromech drawings on the bottom of each page. I think it were 250, I counted them before we officially learned there was a number as high as 250.

That was my skill peak in math, only got worse after that...

I think I share your math skills haha! yeah, my old school work (well, college since I never had formal education pre- 16 years old) was filled with doodles of Boba Fett and Aliens... my imagination wandered!

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice gang of R2s and other droids you have put together. That Sphero version looks really sleek with the chrome dome.

It is quite nice indeed! I only have a store display one so non functional but plan on picking up all the Sphero RC droids as they are pretty nice indeed Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Another 'I waited too long to buy a headsculpt and now they are all gone' post.... ;p

I'd been hoping to pick up the Super Duck 'Wolf Girl' head -- the one with the black hair -- but the seller I wanted to get it from disappeared for a while during the pandemic in China back in January, and when the sculpt was finally available again later on, I'd used up my budget for that month and had to wait a bit. Now, when I've gone looking for it again, it seems to be all sold out from the usual parted-out sellers. If anyone comes across it, please do let me know.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Another 'I waited too long to buy a headsculpt and now they are all gone' post.... ;p

I'd been hoping to pick up the Super Duck 'Wolf Girl' head -- the one with the black hair -- but the seller I wanted to get it from disappeared for a while during the pandemic in China back in January, and when the sculpt was finally available again later on, I'd used up my budget for that month and had to wait a bit. Now, when I've gone looking for it again, it seems to be all sold out from the usual parted-out sellers. If anyone comes across it, please do let me know.

Is that the one that’s supposed to be Laura grown up?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Another 'I waited too long to buy a headsculpt and now they are all gone' post.... ;p

Is that the one that’s supposed to be Laura grown up?

It's supposed to the X-Men character... apologies I don't remember her name. :3

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, it’s this one, all I could find so far was the full set:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Duck-1-6-Wolf-Lady-Womens-Clothing-Head-Set-for-Phichen-TBLeague-Body/114077506030?hash=item1a8f8c99ee:g:MGoAAOSwtctdlJMg

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the link -- even the full sets weren't showing up for me. Though perhaps I wasn't searching the right words. I'll bookmark it in case I can't ever find the head on its own again.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here’s another full set:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERDUCK-SET020-1-6-X-23-Wolverine-Laura-Kinney-Head-Clothes-Set-In-Stock/173852424497?hash=item287a697931:g:0RMAAOSwTXdcmzK3

I couldn’t find anymore, but if you can’t find the exact one you’re looking for — here’s a slightly comparable alternative:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-SUPER-DUCK-SDH015D-Head-Carving-Sculpt-Model-F-12-Female-Body/283790576951?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160811114145%26meid%3D02fcc73f225f41a793abff3af07f7f05%26pid%3D100667%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D8%26mehot%3Dnone%26sd%3D312238428053%26itm%3D283790576951%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2334524&_trksid=p2334524.c100667.m2042

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Belated thanks for the links, Stryker! 

Ok, I feel like I'm having deja vu, since last year I was looking for male DamToys wrist pegs, but now I'm in need of a pair of female DamToys wrist pegs -- decidedly harder to come by... in loose form, at least.

I haven't had any luck, but just putting it out there....

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Ok, maybe omeone here can help me. OneSixthOutfitters had this great Dr Strange Book of Cagliostro up for a while.

https://www.onesixthoutfitters.com/products/1-6-scale-book-of-cagliostro?_pos=4&_sid=7d7f34ca9&_ss=r&variant=31316940521610

The one that came with the 1st Dr Strange figure goes for stupid money now, so I was excited to see a 3rd party making one. But I'm an idiot, and hesitated to grab it, and now it's sold out. The weird part is, I haven't seen it listed ANYWHERE else. Has anyone run into it in their travels??

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Check this one, Rev:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-BOOK-OF-CAGLIOSTRO-Readable-Illustrated-Miniature-Book-Strange-Marvel-/173868969822

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum