OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Of friends and buddies

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Of friends and buddies  Empty Of friends and buddies Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:08 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

It's been a while, I think. This past easter I decided to go on the hunt for some of my old figures to see which ones I could use to make some stuff, among them I found this guy, a GIJOE Valor vs. Venom Cobra B.A.T.S, a really cool figure and one of my all time favorites, sadly like most things plastic it didn't fare too well and it's socket joints broke down, thankfully however the socket in which the joints go into are compatible with the more common hasbro/gijoe arm joints, so after some hot water and a bit of pulling I got them out and then replaced them, after that I cut the ball joint in the middle drilled some holes and that was it, at least for now I'm happy with it but I would like to completely replace the joints for something a bit more robotic along with making some other improvements to the figure. Here are some pics of those joints.
Of friends and buddies  5IpsDmJ
Of friends and buddies  MPa7MbR
The plastic of the joints was very brittle and at the time I feared that other parts of the figure were equally brittle but thankfully no other parts were and surprisingly the head has not hardened yet, the only part that has become very hard are his hands which makes it close to imposible to have him hold anything other than round objects.
Of friends and buddies  QgzSWCM
The basic hasbro/gijoe joints, I'm happy that I never threw out the old hasbro bodies from the star wars figures because otherwise I would have never gotten some of these joints.
With that little behind the scenes here's a short story and more pics of this robo buddy and his friend.

A new way of policing

The SFPD has never really been afraid of adopting new technologies and making use of them, from drones to facial recognition to remote controlled defense turrets installed in public spaces, the SFPD has always sought it all even if it's expensive and ends up not being used longer than a few years. Recently the SFPD has acquired some new robots, far more modern than the "drones" one typically see being used at factories, construction sites and chemical plants these guys are completely autonomous and capable of split second decisions. So far the SFPD has bought twenty of these at a price of fifty million each which has caused some people to protest and get quite angry at the use of public funds, there are those that also question the moral and ethical dilema of giving a robot weapons and allowing them to make decisions on their own, some, mostly anti-technology groups and conspiracy theorists believe this will lead to more unnecessary deaths and injuries at the hands of the SFPD with the clear distinction that now the "officer" will not face any sort of punishment other than a systems reset. Because of this the SFPD has been carrying out some training exercises with these new officers to ensure they are working as they should, the training is being done at the San Felipe Police Department's training grounds in their main headquarters, the SFPD is also looking forward to start moving these officers out onto the field and hopes that the general public will feel safer and protected.
Of friends and buddies  7hXsGio
Of friends and buddies  La60aYU
Of friends and buddies  AOQ2d1a
Of friends and buddies  A5soqAO
Of friends and buddies  QASFiso

And that's all for today, got some more figures on the way including some new alt-history ones (who would have thought!) but they are set in the cold war this time around, and if I manage to whip myself into finishing it some new backdrops too and some props but we'll see, until then have a good week, have fun and stay safe.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Of friends and buddies  1f60e

2Of friends and buddies  Empty Re: Of friends and buddies Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:23 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Interesting character and combination of parts. Sad to see so many of our old toys decay with time (much like we ourselves), but at least salvaging parts is still a viable option.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Of friends and buddies  1f10

3Of friends and buddies  Empty Re: Of friends and buddies Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Cool! I hope we get to se more of this character.

4Of friends and buddies  Empty Re: Of friends and buddies Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:06 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice job with these characters and salvaging the old toy. And thanks for explaining SF stood for San Felipe -- I was imagining San Francisco and these poor guys having to deal with a whole different level of trouble! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum