OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where Bikini Chicks Dare

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Where Bikini Chicks Dare Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:32 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
A recurring theme in MiskatonickNick's photos are photos showing an ambush about to be sprung. In homage to him, I present this image.  Use the link at the bottom of the page to Seen Nick's original, which inspired this image.  

Where Bikini Chicks Dare 53001255648_0b24285f5e_b
Where Bikini Chicks Dare by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Michiko leads the Bikini Chick Commandos on a daring raid against Dr. Diablos HQ in the "Schloss Schnookstaffel."

https://www.flickr.com/photos/toyville/14512479611/in/faves-35531831@N02/

Share your own version of Nick's photo, if you dare! Use whatever figures you have available; modern, WWII, Sci-fi or a mix...so long as the bushwhackers have a hand grenade, dynamite bundle, satchel charge, anarchist's bomb or something else that explodes..

2Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:16 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
The only time a potato masher can be used on meat. Nice ambush shot, and that link is like a treasure throve of cool little scenes, no promises but I'll try and make something.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Where Bikini Chicks Dare 1f60e

3Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:57 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Theboo-bomb wrote:The only time a potato masher can be used on meat. Nice ambush shot, and that link is like a treasure throve of cool little scenes, no promises but I'll try and make something.

The late MiskatonickNick had a tremendous sense of humour, which you see pop up in virtually all of his photos.  They are worth looking at over and over.  Would love to see a contribution from you.

AS a side note, I originally shot the photo with Michiko holding a modern M67 frag grenade, but it wasn't prominent enough with this framing and looks rather like a green baseball. I decided the potato masher would look a lot better. I think I made the right choice.

4Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:36 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Excellent shot, Gary!

5Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:37 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Great photo, Gary! I would be fun to stage something like that myself...

6Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:48 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Randam Hajile wrote:Great photo, Gary! I would be fun to stage something like that myself...

By all means, give it your best shot!

7Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:06 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
This is certainly an interesting challenge....hmmmm
Them bikini chicks either have superpowers or are wildly confident their get-up will see them through this mission !! Very Happy

8Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:43 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Allotropos wrote:This is certainly an interesting challenge....hmmmm
Them bikini chicks either have superpowers or are wildly confident their get-up will see them through this mission !! Very Happy

I am eager to see what you can come up with.

9Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:14 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
I really thought long and hard about this challenge, I didn't want to push something out that was done on a whim, so after conversations with the regulars of Ammo's chat, I opted to play to my strengths and go with dinosaurs! This is without the largest free standing set I've made to date!

Where Bikini Chicks Dare 53007208227_994810a0f0_c

10Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:21 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Great photo, Dal. Thanks for participating

11Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:27 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Great photo, Dal. Thanks for participating

Cheers Gary! Happy to play along, its a great idea for a thread to get folks involved bounce . I really hope more folks play along! bounce bounce

12Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:02 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice photos and set up, guys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Where Bikini Chicks Dare 1f10

13Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Cowgirl And Aliens Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:13 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Cowgirl and Alien

Where Bikini Chicks Dare 53009455849_2dbf982c5f_b
Cowgirl and Alien by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

14Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:14 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Another great shot Gary! I wonder who will shoot first??

15Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:24 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
I love the idea of having one source pic and everyone doing their own homage to it. We should have more threads like that in the future.
Also great memorial for MiskatonicNick and his awesome work. His posing is outstanding I have to say.

That said, I really your takes on it so far. The anti nazi girl squad is a cool twist and the scene is well crafted. The walls and lighting are cool Smile

Really cool to see the Dinosaurs together with Dals other trademark: the colorful plants. So nice and a real "Dal". bom

I'm eager to see more interpretations from all of you.

Smile

16Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:18 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Valiarde wrote:I love the idea of having one source pic and everyone doing their own homage to it. We should have more threads like that in the future.
Also great memorial for MiskatonicNick and his awesome work. His posing is outstanding I have to say.

That said, I really your takes on it so far. The anti nazi girl squad is a cool twist and the scene is well crafted. The walls and lighting are cool  Smile  

Really cool to see the Dinosaurs together with Dals other trademark: the colorful plants. So nice and a real "Dal".  bom

Smile

This challenge is open to all who want to give it a go, so if you'd like to take a crack at it yourself and post a pic, that would be awesome.

17Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:43 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Another entry (well two!) Spy vs. Spy!

Where Bikini Chicks Dare 53011492672_66526f4fda_c

Where Bikini Chicks Dare 53012079551_15653735b8_c

18Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:43 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Cowgirl and Alien

Cowgirl and Alien by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Where Bikini Chicks Dare 1f60b that is a fun take on "Alien". I love the backdrop, makes the figures really pop like in spotlight

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Valiarde wrote:I love the idea of having one source pic and everyone doing their own homage to it. We should have more threads like that in the future.

That said, I really your takes on it so far. The anti nazi girl squad is a cool twist and the scene is well crafted. The walls and lighting are cool  Smile  

Really cool to see the Dinosaurs together with Dals other trademark: the colorful plants. So nice and a real "Dal".  bom

Smile
This challenge is open to all who want to give it a go, so if you'd like to take a crack at it yourself and post a pic, that would be awesome.
thanks, already have an idea that I will post later on.

BAMComix wrote:Another entry (well two!) Spy vs. Spy!
Another nice spy view. So many possible different scenes with a simple "pose". Both version work for me and I always like the details like the posters..

19Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:52 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Valiarde wrote:thanks, already have an idea that I will post later on.

BAMComix wrote:Another entry (well two!) Spy vs. Spy!

Another nice spy view. So many possible different scenes with a simple "pose". Both version work for me and I always like the details like the posters..

Thanks Simon! really pleased you liked the new shots. I always loved the old Spy vs. Spy comic shorts bounce .
I'm really looking forward to seeing your entry!

20Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:18 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Great concept, Dal. very amusing.

21Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:46 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Great concept, Dal. very amusing.

Very Happy , Thanks Gary!

22Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:16 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Ok here is my version I threw together last night. I call it 

"Assassins versus Machines"  

and it depicts sth I wanted to do for longer - I thematically like everything terminator or machine wars. So this idea popped into my head right away when thinking about what to do in this challenge. 
Yeah I did a bit of image editing on the colors, but that is my style Smile .

Where Bikini Chicks Dare KP3lIGSh

23Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:25 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice work!
Dal, how did your spies manage to switch positions without eliminating each other in the process? Those are some skills!
Simon, this is beautiful. I don't know if it was intentional, but it looks like the highest end of drawn/painted sci fi illustration.

24Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:31 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Valiarde wrote:Ok here is my version I threw together last night. I call it 

"Assassins versus Machines"  

and it depicts sth I wanted to do for longer - I thematically like everything terminator or machine wars. So this idea popped into my head right away when thinking about what to do in this challenge. 
Yeah I did a bit of image editing on the colors, but that is my style Smile .

That is just so cool Simon! Amazing work!  bounce  bounce

GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice work!
Dal, how did your spies manage to switch positions without eliminating each other in the process? Those are some skills!
Simon, this is beautiful. I don't know if it was intentional, but it looks like the highest end of drawn/painted sci fi illustration.

lol!  @ Ian! Pleased you enjoyed the pics!

25Where Bikini Chicks Dare Empty Re: Where Bikini Chicks Dare Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:54 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Excellent work, Simon. Thanks for contributing. Beautiful figures, background and lighting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum