OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
Item Name: Hatshepsut 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2023-212A
Bar Code: 697 127233 191 5

Packing List:
1) 1 x high crown
2) 1 x head sculpt
3) 1 x TBLeague 1/6 scale female seamless body with metal skeleton
4) 1 x collar necklace
5) 1 x long necklace
6) 1 x saree blouse
7) 1 pair x upper arm bands
Cool 1 pair x wrist bracelets
9) 1 x waist ornament
10) 1 pair x ankle bracelets
11) 1 x saree skirt
12) 1 pair x panties
13) 1 pair x flat-heeled feet
14) 1 pair x high-heeled feet
15) 3 pairs x interchangeable hands
16) 1 x trident
17) 1 x symbolic disc (divine token)
18) 1 x lotus pedestal
19) 1 x pedestal rod
20) 1 x belt with attached waist tassels

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 3.12 kg
Measurements: 24.3cmx24.3cmx38cm

2 products/master carton
GW: 7.14kg
Measurements: 51cmx31cmx40.5cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 0112

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 0212

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 0312

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 0412

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 0511

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 0611

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 0712

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 0811

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 0911

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1068

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1166

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1266

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1365

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1458

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1559

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1653

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1746

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1842

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1940

The initial listing of the black version has been pulled from BBICN. UPDATED VERSION:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 01137
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 02139
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 03136
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 04133
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 05132
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 06129
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 07128
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 08126
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 09124
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 10124
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 11118
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 12101
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1391
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1477
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1570
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1663
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1754
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1847
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1944
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 2049

#TBLeague #Phicen #Egyptian

Ovy

Ovy
Perfect craftsmanship and execution but

Awful Horrible concept xD

Diana

Diana
I've added the black version, which was removed from BBICN and may be reworked due to criticism. I grabbed the pictures off GianToy.

I like the look of these, except for the head sculpts. TERRIBLE. I like them in principle, but the blonde would be most suitable for an Agnetha (of ABBA) figure, not for an Egyptian Goddess. The black version looks, like someone on BBICN commented, like a white person putting on black makeup. In principle I like it from some angles. But a more African looking facial structure would be so much better. And of course better makeup.

Adeno

The black version looks like she just wore blackface Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

What were they thinking? "A black person has the same facial structure as a caucasian, therefore, we just have to paint it black!" lol Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting choices, most of them wrong. By now, someone must have noticed that Valkyries in pseudo-Egyptian accessories don't work as Egyptians; and the other extreme seems calculated to enrage Egyptian sensibilities. At any rate, they should have bothered to give the black version more suitable facial features, but there is enough variety that this is not completely impossible; and the black color itself (which they are recycling from other figures in this line) is perhaps too dark and too cold even for most sub-Saharan skintones -- though it might have worked for their renditions of some fictional characters like Anubis, which were indeed given that color in Egyptian canon (having to do with religious significance of the colors, not reality). With better facial features and a more suitable coloring, this figure would have been a godsend for kitbashers and customizers, whatever its failings as a set. Everything else? Perhaps her scepters and "cloth" headdress is more or less fine, though they don't show the back of it. At least in iconography she adopted a fairly masculine royal attire (which might have meant simply a way of conveying she was queen regnant, a female king). The weapon staff thing would be more at home in Jabba's palace. The skull elements on the belt and on the base have no place in Egyptian iconography (a skull seems to be one thing missing from the repertoire of hieroglyphs), and this was famously an embalming culture. Diana's right, the blonde might have worked as Agnetha from ABBA, though the eyelashes are perhaps a little too obvious to look natural.
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 497px-Seated_Statue_of_Hatshepsut_MET_Hatshepsut2012

gooboo

TBLeague has already committed to making a brown skin body with the upcoming Indian goddess figure, why not use that body again for this one? Strange choice on their part.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
gooboo wrote:TBLeague has already committed to making a brown skin body with the upcoming Indian goddess figure, why not use that body again for this one? Strange choice on their part.
Excellent point.

Ovy

Ovy
Chiquitita tell me what's wrooong!

Visisonor

Visisonor
Ovy wrote:Chiquitita tell me what's wrooong!
Now it's stuck in my head Smile

Diana

Diana
Visisonor wrote:
Ovy wrote:Chiquitita tell me what's wrooong!
Now it's stuck in my head Smile

Laughing

TBLeague have added the white version to their website, but not the black version. Neither GianToy nor OSK have pulled their listing of it though.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Wow. Holy cultural appropriation and black-face, batman! Who at TBL ok'd these? 🤦‍�

Spartan06

Spartan06
At the risk of offending folks, a blue-eyed, blonde Egyptian in a barely there top seems like a typical TBLeague release and will fit right in with my tactical teases.  

On the other hand, I was looking forward to the black version and getting some variety in my collection.  I agree it looks 'too black' with 'white' facial features and eyes to be authentic.  I wonder if they might lighten it up and/or use the brown body before releasing it.  

Not sure which version I prefer, but the outfit looks good, if not accurate.  Also, I really like the detailed base they're including, although I'm not sure whether I would use it as a base or maybe a diorama decoration for her.  Figures like this deserve a throne in a throne room, at least as a backdrop IMHO.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm sure we are all aware of why TBLeague/Phicen made these choices and decisions -- laziness and cheapness. Why pay for a new sculpt, when they would barely pay for a new skin tone (in fact, one they had already developed, and one that is not really applicable here). I don't think we need suspect them of anything more nefarious than convenience. Moreover, not everything in the world can be measured by an American yardstick; as for cultural appropriation, that applies to both versions, and, if such, has been the company's modus operendi for a long time now. I agree, the outfit is striking (as usual), even if  historically inaccurate, implausible, and probably impractical.

Ghost808

Ghost808
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm sure we are all aware of why TBLeague/Phicen made these choices and decisions -- laziness and cheapness. Why pay for a new sculpt, when they would barely pay for a new skin tone (in fact, one they had already developed, and one that is not really applicable here). I don't think we need suspect them of anything more nefarious than convenience. Moreover, not everything in the world can be measured by an American yardstick; as for cultural appropriation, that applies to both versions, and, if such, has been the company's modus operendi for a long time now. I agree, the outfit is striking (as usual), even if  historically inaccurate, implausible, and probably impractical.

In my case, i'm mostly joking at the jarringly poor design choices (even by TBL standards).
It is, of course cheapness/laziness. I'm not accusing TBL of being some intentionally racist organisation. But their laziness/tight-fistedness shouldn't just be excused. Nor should the "oh well they've always been like that, so we just accept it".

I for one, won't be touching these with a barge pole. Partly because they are pretty culturally insensitive, but more so, because they are just really poor figures.
I'm all for fantasy. I've no issue with a bit of historical inaccuracy, (knights in heels? whatever. She looks sexy!), That is something that can be easily expected from TBL, and i have no issue with some "sexiness" and nudity, but a blonde caucasian Egyptian just looks ridiculous. And the black version...well that's just horrible! There is no amount of mental gymnastics that make these good figures.

Imo, TBL's quality has been sliding for a while now. Made worse by their ever rising prices. Asian heads on european styles. Caucasian heads on asian styles. Sometimes i wonder if TBL designs it's figures by just throwing clothing and heads in a salad shaker, seeing what flies out together  Laughing
I've not bought a TBL in over a year, as a result.

It'd be great if they just dropped the white blonde altogether and reworked the black version. We could finally get a black African body AND head that match, out of the box!

Edit: in the interests of fairness. I will concede that the detailing and paintjob on these does look very good. That is one area TBL got the quality right.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
TBL, much like Hot Toys and their reuse of the same head sculpts, has been reusing the same heads for quite some time. That, to me, aside from them not using that new brown-skinned body for this, is one of their biggest failings. And they tend to reuse the most bland and uninteresting sculpts over and over. They haven’t been anywhere near as innovative when it comes to their sculpts since they parted ways with Executive replicas and then Sideshow. At least then the sculpts were interesting, Mercy Dante, Red Sonja 2.0, and Purgatory, and both the Court of the Dead sculpts were among their best. They really need to go after licensing again, and get back to doing better sculpts, and stop wasting time with all these cobbled together nothings (I understand from a “bean-counter” point of view, but it’s this type of mentality that kills creativity— just look at 95% of the mediocre to awful crap that has come out of Hollywood over the last 20 years to see what only looking at the money angle does to creativity, or what’s happened to BCS — make mediocrity, over-charge for said mediocrity, go out of business). If it wasn’t for their stand-alone bodies, I wouldn’t be buying TBL at all lately.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1f10

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2012 wrote:TBL, much like Hot Toys and their reuse of the same head sculpts, has been reusing the same heads for quite some time. That, to me, aside from them not using that new brown-skinned body for this, is one of their biggest failings. And they tend to reuse the most bland and uninteresting sculpts over and over. They haven’t been anywhere near as innovative when it comes to their sculpts since they parted ways with Executive replicas and then Sideshow. At least then the sculpts were interesting, Mercy Dante, Red Sonja 2.0, and Purgatory, and both the Court of the Dead sculpts were among their best. They really need to go after licensing again, and get back to doing better sculpts, and stop wasting time with all these cobbled together nothings (I understand from a “bean-counter” point of view, but it’s this type of mentality that kills creativity— just look at 95% of the mediocre to awful crap that has come out of Hollywood over the last 20 years to see what only looking at the money angle does to creativity, or what’s happened to BCS — make mediocrity, over-charge for said mediocrity, go out of business). If it wasn’t for their stand-alone bodies, I wouldn’t be buying TBL at all lately.

True and valid points, but I think their post-ER sculpts history is actually a bit less straightforward than that -- which is why I am, if anything, even more frustrated with them than you are. Off the top of my head I would rank the following as decent and interesting sculpts: Spartan Goddess of War, Galaxy Soldier, Nancy in Hell, Royal Defender Gold, Knights of Fire Golden and Silver. (As you note the Court of the Dead are a different matter). All of these are PL 2020 Production Lines or earlier. Nothing in the PL 2021 range was as satisfactory, except maybe one, the Vampire Slayer Red (which I never saw in hand). And here's the kicker -- out of all the 42 sculpts dated 2022 and 2023, the only single one I like is the 2022 Night Warrior Woman Blue.

My reluctant conclusion is that they can do much better sculpts (and they used to) but the overall vapid blandness of virtually all their recent sculpts (which is a graph line pointing downwards) represents a deliberate choice on their part. Maybe they think that particular style is overall a safer market choice than doing sculpts with some personality. Or maybe it's something more trivial, like they had one better sculptor, but he/she quit, or something.

Carousi

Carousi
the dark skin ver updated

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) H111

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) H211

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) H311

got these from my local seller

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting. The new brown color is gorgeous, and would have plenty of kitbashing potential. Both in general and especially for an Egyptian character, it is also more realistic, overall, than the previous one. The repaint of the head, on the other hand, is disappointing. It doesn't seem like a sufficiently good match. And would it kill them to get a new head sculpt that might look a little more Middle Eastern/Egyptian?

gooboo

Looks like another recycled headsculpt, but the color of the body looks wonderful. Not really interested in the Egyptian theme though, so I won't be getting the full set.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
The constant reuse of the same 2 head sculpts by this company is getting old.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Hatshepsut (PL2023-212A/PL2023-212B) 1f10

DeW

DeW
I hope this is available at Sideshow, this looks great!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I missed this entire skintone fiasco earlier simply because I couldn’t be arsed to click on yet another boring tbleague faux-gyptian release. Razz

At least they improved it. I never look at tbleague figures as anything other than kitbashing fodder these days anyway, so the rest of the figure is irrelevant to me. It just sucks that these darker skintone bodies will likely be expensive and hard to get once parted out.

DeW

DeW
skywalkersaga, 100%! I checked BBTS and its like $249? wuhdaftpunk? Sideshow at least has their TBLeague figures for $169, but they go on waitlist in a few days, less than a week.

Diana

Diana
I updated the images on the initial post with some new ones.

I still don't like the updated version. The skin tone would have been more appropriate for Mohegan. But at least they are trying. Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:I updated the images on the initial post with some new ones.

I still don't like the updated version. The skin tone would have been more appropriate for Mohegan. But at least they are trying. Laughing
Thanks for updating.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum