OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15491910

HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Army-Greek Legend Warrior
NO.HH18074A (upgraded version)
Barcode: 6974202930752

Configuration list:
-Head carving 1:1/6 hand-held hair sculpture
-Head carving 2:1/6 Simulation head carving
-1/6 glue body
-6 replacement hand models
clothing:
-Helmet ( Pure copper )
-Armor ( Pure copper )
-Clothes (Real skin )
-Arm ( Pure copper )
-Waistband ( Pure copper )
-Legend ( Pure copper )
-Shoes
Accessories:
-Long ⁇ ( Pure copper)
-Long gun ( pure copper )
-Shield
-Scene platform
-----------------------------------------
HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion- Greek legendary warrior
NO.HH18074A
Barcode: 6974202930752

configuration list:
-Head Eagle 1:1/6 hand-painted head carving
-Head Eagle 2:1/6 artificial head carving
-1/6 Encapsulated body
-6 replacement hands
clothing:
-Helmet (Pure copper)
-Armor (Pure copper)
-Clothes (genuine leather)
-Armguards (Pure copper)
-Belt (Pure copper)
-Leg armor (Pure copper)
-shoe
Accessories:
-Long sword (metal)
-Long Gun (metal)
-shield
-scene platform

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15492010
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15492310
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15492410
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15492710
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15493010
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15493310
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15493610
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15494210
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15494810
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15495010
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15495310
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15495510
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15495810

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15524210

HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Army-Greek Legend Warrior
NO.HH18074B
Barcode: 6974202930769

Configuration list:
-1/6 Simulation head sculpture
-1/6 TBL glue body
-6 replacement hand models
clothing:
-Helmet ( Pure copper )
-Armor ( Pure copper )
-Clothes (Real skin )
-Arm ( Pure copper )
-Waistband ( Pure copper )
-Legend ( Pure copper )
-Shoes
Accessories:
-Long ⁇ ( Pure copper)
-Long gun ( pure copper )
-Shield
-Round station
-----------------------------------------
HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion- Greek legendary warrior
NO.HH18074B
Barcode: 6974202930769

configuration list:
-1/6 artificial head carving
-1/6 TBL Encapsulated body
-6 replacement hands
clothing:
-Helmet (Pure copper)
-Armor (Pure copper)
-Clothes (genuine leather)
-Armguards (Pure copper)
-Belt (Pure copper)
-Leg armor (Pure copper)
-shoe
Accessories:
-Long sword (metal)
-Long Gun (metal)
-shield
-round platform

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15524410
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15524510
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15524710
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15525010
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 15525410

#newproduct #HHModel #HaoYuToys #EmpireLegion #GreekLegend #Warrior #male #movie-based #fantasy

Diana

Diana
That head is gorgeous, even more so because the likeness is off and therefore doesn't remind me of the actor too much. But despite the Greek vibe being totally my thing (and not needing realism), I'm not being triggered by this offering. Not sure why. Probably because he's too pretty. A little too perfect.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Achilles is supposed to be too pretty. LOL Actually pretty good. Yes, there is perhaps something slightly off with the likeness, but it is an impressive head indeed. This is the third or fourth iteration of that actor in that role and look. That is likely to be a real TBLeague body in there, based on some of their earlier (gladiator) releases. By the way, apparently in machine translate "glue body" means "TPE/seamless body" and "real skin" means "real leather"...

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Gagh! Man, I hated this movie. Worst (and very loose) interpretation of Homer’s epic. Don’t know who was to blame, Wolfgang Petersen or the Studio, but this travesty never should have been made. Too bad cause the casting was impressive overall, so I don’t blame (most of) the actors for the dumpster fire this turned out to be.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Empire Legion-Greek Legend Warrior #H18074A【Upgraded Version】 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Gagh! Man, I hated this movie. Worst (and very loose) interpretation of Homer’s epic. Don’t know who was to blame, Wolfgang Petersen or the Studio, but this travesty never should have been made. Too bad cause the casting was impressive overall, so I don’t blame (most of) the actors for the dumpster fire this turned out to be.
I feel much the same way about it.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2012 wrote:Gagh! Man, I hated this movie. Worst (and very loose) interpretation of Homer’s epic. Don’t know who was to blame, Wolfgang Petersen or the Studio, but this travesty never should have been made. Too bad cause the casting was impressive overall, so I don’t blame (most of) the actors for the dumpster fire this turned out to be.
I feel much the same way about it.

Yes, I am totally with you guys.  I would add IMHO it wasn't just a very loose interpretation of Homer but it hobbled itself entirely because it couldn't figure out how to do anything with Gods and Myths, so it simply left them out entirely.  And it didn't try to take an approach like  "This is the reality behind the legends you heard before" -- instead, it just omitted them and replayed the rest of the narrative.  So it became a redundant retelling but with the distinctive parts left out.  Nuff' said.

The figure on the other hand looks good to me.  I know strict historians can legitimately find a lot of faults but in broad terms, it impresses me as a genuine and serious impression of a greek hero as opposed to a purely pop culture creation like TBL etc.  I'd be tempted to get one except that this is third time around and I'm not going to that well again absent something really new.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Yes, I am totally with you guys.  I would add IMHO it wasn't just a very loose interpretation of Homer but it hobbled itself entirely because it couldn't figure out how to do anything with Gods and Myths, so it simply left them out entirely.  And it didn't try to take an approach like  "This is the reality behind the legends you heard before" -- instead, it just omitted them and replayed the rest of the narrative.  So it became a redundant retelling but with the distinctive parts left out.  Nuff' said.

The figure on the other hand looks good to me.  I know strict historians can legitimately find a lot of faults but in broad terms, it impresses me as a genuine and serious impression of a greek hero as opposed to a purely pop culture creation like TBL etc.  I'd be tempted to get one except that this is third time around and I'm not going to that well again absent something really new.
There is a lot of truth in that, MBAM. It was actually pretty egregious -- not only not getting Homer even approximately right, but also having the audacity of thinking he could be improved upon, with worse ideas. I would have loved a "this the reality behind the legends" approach, although even there there would have been a risk for profound cheesiness or preachiness (a la Mists of Avalon); besides, gods could be set in people's dreams, or something along those lines. Of course, leave it to Greeks to produce something even more off, like Immortals. At least Minotaur (with Tom Hardy) made enough of a conscious departure from the canonical framework of the story to make the liberties they took work reasonably inoffensively.

I do like the figure, and am impressed with the real hair headsculpt, even if the likeness has been a little off with all of these. If I didn't already own Pangaea's Greek General set, I might have been more tempted. Using a seamless body is definitely a right decision, given the look. I might pick up some loose parts. The costume is fantasy, a very streamlined version of mostly later (post-Bronze Age) Greek armor (with some additions like the vambraces and shoes), but as far as made up armor goes, it is a fine creation. The Trojan armor from the movie struck me as impossibly ornate and odd, even for the Bronze Age; then again, there are simply not enough visual references to what the Trojans might have looked like. That said, I do appreciate the attempt (limited as it was), to portray a Bronze-Age environment instead of a Classical one (though the latter can be excused, as a recreation of the visuals Homer's audience might have conjured up in its collective mind). It is only recently that the intricacies and ambiguities of Minoan/Mycenaean dress have started to be figured out, for example in Bernice Jones' Ariadne's Threads (and that doesn't have much to say about armor).

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
What bugged me the most about the movie was the D-Day style invasion in the beginning. No way they'd do that in that era. In general fighting scenes in these kind of movies tend to be meleestyle, which really wasn't regular practice.

About the figure. I wonder if it's purposefully made a bit off, so they can deny likeness to the actor and avoid licensefees (although in general chinese companies don't seem to be bothered much by that).

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:Achilles is supposed to be too pretty. LOL Actually pretty good. Yes, there is perhaps something slightly off with the likeness, but it is an impressive head indeed. This is the third or fourth iteration of that actor in that role and look. That is likely to be a real TBLeague body in there, based on some of their earlier (gladiator) releases. By the way, apparently in machine translate "glue body" means "TPE/seamless body" and "real skin" means "real leather"...

Reading all your comments (and especially this one) I'm getting a little soft. All the real copper and leather are enticing, too... I'm starting to get nervous about the shelf life of some of my older figures. 
But the price tag is too high, considering I'm still not 100% on board.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Reading all your comments (and especially this one) I'm getting a little soft. All the real copper and leather are enticing, too... I'm starting to get nervous about the shelf life of some of my older figures. 
But the price tag is too high, considering I'm still not 100% on board.
Their prices are a bit too "rich" for me, too. If you have an earlier version of this figure, you probably don't need it, or can modify it. Same with picking up some of the parted out pieces for a kitbash; and at least these are guaranteed to work with a TBLeague body.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Their prices are a bit too "rich" for me, too. If you have an earlier version of this figure, you probably don't need it, or can modify it. Same with picking up some of the parted out pieces for a kitbash; and at least these are guaranteed to work with a TBLeague body.

The part-out mark-up here could be really scary though.  Normally a figure will have one unique super desirable bit (usually the head sculpt) and then all the left-over parts. But here, there is the celebrity headsculpt plus all of those copper and leather components.  Tempting to me as a figure, yes, but likely I will follow your advice not needing it as an owner of the earlier version of the figure.

Actually I bought two of the Pangea version and for two silly reasons.  Firstly, I did like that each came with a spare helmet, where they were replacing an imperfect one.  But mostly, I was frustrated that his foot came off and I stupidly misplaced it before realizing what figure it belonged to.  Frustrated enough to buy a second figure.  Much later, I realized (which is the only reason this story is worth telling) how much of a perfect coincidence it was that my Achilles figure was damaged at the foot. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Their prices are a bit too "rich" for me, too. If you have an earlier version of this figure, you probably don't need it, or can modify it. Same with picking up some of the parted out pieces for a kitbash; and at least these are guaranteed to work with a TBLeague body.

The part-out mark-up here could be really scary though.  Normally a figure will have one unique super desirable bit (usually the head sculpt) and then all the left-over parts. But here, there is the celebrity headsculpt plus all of those copper and leather components.  Tempting to me as a figure, yes, but likely I will follow your advice not needing it as an owner of the earlier version of the figure.

Actually I bought two of the Pangea version and for two silly reasons.  Firstly, I did like that each came with a spare helmet, where they were replacing an imperfect one.  But mostly, I was frustrated that his foot came off and I stupidly misplaced it before realizing what figure it belonged to.  Frustrated enough to buy a second figure.  Much later, I realized (which is the only reason this story is worth telling) how much of a perfect coincidence it was that my Achilles figure was damaged at the foot. Smile
Did you ever find that foot? Oh yes, you have a lot of Achilles already, then. The Pangaea version was pretty good, and it was nice of them to replace the helmet. If one puts together an entire figure or set from parted-out pieces, it is likely to be as expensive, and sometimes more expensive than getting the actual set; on the other hand, one might be saving on shipping and storage space (also a concern) with a parted-out figure, and perhaps more, depending on how much of the set one doesn't get.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum