OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Diana

Diana
Barcode:6974202930233
configuration list:
- 1/6 simulation head sculpt
- Movable body (TBLM34)
- 6 replacement hands
clothing:
- Helmet (metal)
- Necklace
- Real Ring Armguards
- Waistband (PVC)
- Skirt
- Leggings
- Leg Armor (Metal)
- Shoe
Accessories:
- Long Sword (Metal)
- Shield
- Round Platform

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 0145
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 0249
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 0347
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 0445
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 0545
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 0644
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 0742
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 0841
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 0940
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 1037
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 1136
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 1230
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 1325
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 1422
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 1521
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 1619
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 1717
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 1817
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 1916
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 2017
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 2115

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks like they are using Manu Bennett as their reference for the head.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) C8485110

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks like they are using Manu Bennett as their reference for the head.
Totally. This is Crixus. Smile

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
Looking good so far, whats surprising me though is the fact that my custom figure,free hand squid shield painting isnt that far off 😉 as a new item, its great to have figures accurate to the show, i guess the copyright has gotten cheaper over time. Now if there was a "official" theokoles or caburus figure i might be back into the spartacus theme Smile

Diana

Diana
Diana wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks like they are using Manu Bennett as their reference for the head.
Totally. This is Crixus. Smile
PS: Shame that the likeness isn't all that great. The head looks off to me overall.

agentghost

agentghost
is this the only gladiator figure from HHmodel and Haoyu Toys so far?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, this is based on Crixus (Manu Bennett), and the likeness is ok without being great. The figure sells the overall look, although I do not know to what extent the costume replicates the on-screen appearance exactly. The (chain)mail is probably slightly oversize, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth when it comes to that. The pteruges (belt pendant thingies) are too few and too far apart for the real thing. The visor area of the helmet is perhaps a little too open. A real gladiator probably would have fought barefoot in the sand. But, overall, still a nice new addition/edition of film/TV-inspired Roman gladiators. It has been awhile since the CM and ACI ones.

HH and HY (or just one of them, I lose track) have made other gladiator figures. There are two female ones and a Russell Crowe one and (I think an exclusive) a John Cena one. See here (sans John Cena) --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3179-new-product-hhmodel-haoyutoys-1-6-empire-legion-empire-gladiator-imperial-female-warrior

csyeung

csyeung
Definitely Manu Bennett, the moles under the nose and on his cheek are in the same place. I think the teeth/mouth throw off the likeness. That m34 is quite beefy!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:HH and HY (or just one of them, I lose track) have made other gladiator figures. There are two female ones and a Russell Crowe one and (I think an exclusive) a John Cena one. See here (sans John Cena) --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3179-new-product-hhmodel-haoyutoys-1-6-empire-legion-empire-gladiator-imperial-female-warrior

Plus several others as well:  the “Gallic Warrior” (Gold or Silver versions), https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4644-new-product-hhmodel-haoyutoys-1-6-imperial-army-hunting-ground-fighter-gaul-warrior-gold-armor-silver-armor-double-set#64304 , the “Imperial Army Hunting Ground Fighter Hoplomachus” we discussed here https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4294-new-product-hhmodel-haoyutoys-1-6-gladiator-hoplomachus-hh18033, the "Empire Legion-Hunting Ground Fighter Silver Edition/Gold Edition" ie Scissor https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4407-new-product-hhmodel-haoyutoys-1-6-empire-legion-hunting-ground-fighter-silver-edition-gold-edition-hh18034-5#61479  and the “Hunting Ground Warrior” which was I think their first.  Notwithstanding their military sounding names these are all Gladiators, at least in the broad popular notion of same.  Haven't seen the John Cena and Google hasn't found it, does anyone have a link or the exact name?  Maybe the existence of it out there has had some effect in HT apparently not doing a Peacemaker.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Looks like it is based on this costume. I can't recall Crixus ever wearing it in the actual show and I can't find a screenshot anywhere.

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 1610806-crixus001

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
shazzdan wrote:Looks like it is based on this costume. I can't recall Crixus ever wearing it in the actual show and I can't find a screenshot anywhere.

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 1610806-crixus001

Good call -- I don't remember it either (though it's been a while) but CM went for the same thing.  The ACI version was a little different.

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 05spar10  NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 1310

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Haven't seen the John Cena and Google hasn't found it, does anyone have a link or the exact name?  Maybe the existence of it out there has had some effect in HT apparently not doing a Peacemaker.

Thanks for the additions. Not having bought any gladiators since CM and ACI stopped making them, I only have the occasional parted out piece and have lost track of the sets. The John Cena one I found parted out on blackopstoys. If memory serves, it may have been offered only at a particular event (like comic con) or something like that. I have the head in one of the repainting head tutorials (as an example of one that didn't need repainting to match a TBLeague male body).

PS -- good finds, MBAM and Dan. I have the CM Crixus, so the costume is nearly identical. Even with the silly pteruges.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the additions. Not having bought any gladiators since CM and ACI stopped making them, I only have the occasional parted out piece and have lost track of the sets. The John Cena one I found parted out on blackopstoys. If memory serves, it may have been offered only at a particular event (like comic con) or something like that. I have the head in one of the repainting head tutorials (as an example of one that didn't need repainting to match a TBLeague male body).

PS -- good finds, MBAM and Dan. I have the CM Crixus, so the costume is nearly identical. Even with the silly pteruges.

Found the head pic in your Tutorial Part 1, thanks.  Still can't Google-find the actual item. being curious on what gear configuration it came with etc  Must indeed have been a narrow Con exclusive though probably more one of the Asian Hobby Cons rather than San Diego or anything like that (though Cena does seen targeted for a North Am market).

Including the Cena, HH/HY are 7 figures deep into Gladiators plus 3 variants, and counting - that's a decent commitment for their "Empire Legion."  I really have no idea BTW why they use that weird name for their Gladiators line.  It really undersells the specific aspect, as if they are deliberately fudging Gladiators under some false military-sounding category of their general Roman Army line.  Maybe there's some weird mistranslation reason for it.  It took me a while to realize that a "Hunting Ground Warrior" probably meant Arena Fighter.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Found the head pic in your Tutorial Part 1, thanks.  Still can't Google-find the actual item. being curious on what gear configuration it came with etc  Must indeed have been a narrow Con exclusive though probably more one of the Asian Hobby Cons rather than San Diego or anything like that (though Cena does seen targeted for a North Am market).

Including the Cena, HH/HY are 7 figures deep into Gladiators plus 3 variants, and counting - that's a decent commitment for their "Empire Legion."  I really have no idea BTW why they use that weird name for their Gladiators line.  It really undersells the specific aspect, as if they are deliberately fudging Gladiators under some false military-sounding category of their general Roman Army line.  Maybe there's some weird mistranslation reason for it.  It took me a while to realize that a "Hunting Ground Warrior" probably meant Arena Fighter.

I found my order confirmation in e-mail, and the John Cena head was listed as "Hunting Ground Warrior" indeed. It does not give the whole information, but I do remember it saying it was some sort of comic con (or similar) exclusive. Or so I think. Perhaps it was simply a limited edition. Apparently Big Bad Toy Store had it too --
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/141122

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Found the head pic in your Tutorial Part 1, thanks.  Still can't Google-find the actual item. being curious on what gear configuration it came with etc  Must indeed have been a narrow Con exclusive though probably more one of the Asian Hobby Cons rather than San Diego or anything like that (though Cena does seen targeted for a North Am market).

I found my order confirmation in e-mail, and the John Cena head was listed as "Hunting Ground Warrior" indeed. It does not give the whole information, but I do remember it saying it was some sort of comic con (or similar) exclusive. Or so I think. Perhaps it was simply a limited edition. Apparently Big Bad Toy Store had it too --
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/141122

I feel massively stupid  jocolor as I know that figure, and I've actually mentioned it in a post here (referring to the severed head).  My go-to guy at Toy Square actually still has one, and I actually came 90% close to buying it.  (In the period where the storefront was shut down for COVID, and nothing new was coming in, I was searching through all his back inventory for a hit -- got down to 3 choices, ie him, Assassin's Creed Bayek, and the HY Greek Infantry, and I bought the latter two).  In my own defence, only one of the promo pics shows him unmasked and [EMBARRASSING] I never realized it was Cena.  Thanks very much for looking into it. For the record it was a Shanghai Wonder Festival 2020 Venue Limited Edition.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:I feel massively stupid  jocolor as I know that figure, and I've actually mentioned it in a post here (referring to the severed head).  My go-to guy at Toy Square actually still has one, and I actually came 90% close to buying it.  (In the period where the storefront was shut down for COVID, and nothing new was coming in, I was searching through all his back inventory for a hit -- got down to 3 choices, ie him, Assassin's Creed Bayek, and the HY Greek Infantry, and I bought the latter two).  In my own defence, only one of the promo pics shows him unmasked and [EMBARRASSING] I never realized it was Cena.  Thanks very much for looking into it.  For the record it was a Shanghai Wonder Festival 2020 Venue Limited Edition.

Well, you can still get him if you feel like him. It is a good Cena, if a little dour. But who would have expected a Cena in that role? "You can't see me..." Smile And how can one possibly keep track of all those figures (even in one and the same genre) that are out there, don't feel bad! Yes, Shanghai Wonder Festival rings a bell, that must have been it!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I love Manu Bennett, but that sculpt doesn't do him justice. No

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I love Manu Bennett, but that sculpt doesn't do him justice. No

Not at all.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Thanks MBAM for that massive Gladiator link collection, I think I missed most of those.

I like the Kraken shield. Yappateru is strong in him. If you zoom in closely it really looks like it was painted on. NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) 1f419

But as many seem to have watched it, is Spartacus a good series? Or has it aged well? To me it always seemed kinda cringe without having watched an episode of it. I think it was one of these first 2000s shows aimed at educated adults who philosophically contemplate violence and sex.

By the way, while we are all fond of tall muscular men it seems, I think it is time for a big gladiator with a large belly. A one pack instead of the six+packs. Wouldn't that be more historically accurate even? That would be badass. Maybe with a world.box body or an even stronger dude.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Spartacus is similar in style to Tapert and Raimi's Xena and Hercules but with less humour and more blood (I was hoping for a cameo-crossover where Joxer the Mighty appeared in one of the arena scenes to be messily cut down). I enjoyed it, mainly because of Lucy Lawless and John Hannah. It would have been a lot worse without those two.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, Spartacus was really fun and campy when it came out. I have no idea how well it would have aged, but it was never meant to be taken extremely seriously. It was over-the-top melodrama with lots of blood and nekked people. Razz Some of the dialogue could be quite entertaining. I have a soft spot for it, because I watched it with my husband when we were first dating. Lucy Lawless was indeed great, as always.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
skywalkersaga wrote:Lucy Lawless was indeed great, as always.

Lucy rules my 1/6 Romans, as well.  As you might expect, Lucretia used to keep company with Crixus (first pic is almost 10 years old); but recently, she has switched to Vorenus.

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) Crixus10
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) Vorenu10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, well she has good taste, either way. Wink

(Great pics, btw!!)

Ovy

Ovy
Haha thanks you two on your opinions. The show is definitely marked for 'casual watching' while working on figures.

Nice painted dio backdrop on the second pic MBAM. And I see you have a little gladiator figurine in the back. Another reminder how old our hobby already is. Someone been to the Colosseum? The backstage/tourist/merchroom back then (now museum) was kinda cool. They made all those scale statues of famous gladiators to buy and collect by bloodthirsty fans.  

I imagine if I lived in Rome some two thousand years ago, I would work on figure sculpting while binging the games from midday (animal slaughter action) to the finals in the evening with the boys.

On market days I'd shout out and post notes on the Forum Romanum to sell some figures, meet my buddies Gubernatius Fanaticus and Strikerius Duomilia Undecimus to have a philosophical chat with Scythica Britannica on accurate depictions of characters of the famous play 'De Bello Stellario' or on customizing heads with Barbarian hair.
We would meet other people with the same Sixth World Problems as us, who run out of space in their domi, can't find the right bronze tone to match their new custom heads (because their favourite gladiator was slaughtered by a lion again)  and Spucius Reverendius would appear from time to time, preseting his works Domus Magicus and Rex Radio.

Well probably I would be a slave working on a slave wage in cheap figure workshops, but I could have fun with my hobby at least. Razz

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Ovy wrote:Haha thanks you two on your opinions. The show is definitely marked for 'casual watching' while working on figures.

Nice painted dio backdrop on the second pic MBAM. And I see you have a little gladiator figurine in the back. Another reminder how old our hobby already is. Someone been to the Colosseum? The backstage/tourist/merchroom back then (now museum) was kinda cool. They made all those scale statues of famous gladiators to buy and collect by bloodthirsty fans.  

I imagine if I lived in Rome some two thousand years ago, I would work on figure sculpting while binging the games from midday (animal slaughter action) to the finals in the evening with the boys.

On market days I'd shout out and post notes on the Forum Romanum to sell some figures, meet my buddies Gubernatius Fanaticus and Strikerius Duomilia Undecimus to have a philosophical chat with Scythica Britannica on accurate depictions of characters of the famous play 'De Bello Stellario' or on customizing heads with Barbarian hair.
We would meet other people with the same Sixth World Problems as us, who run out of space in their domi, can't find the right bronze tone to match their new custom heads (because their favourite gladiator was slaughtered by a lion again)  and Spucius Reverendius would appear from time to time, preseting his works Domus Magicus and Rex Radio.

Well probably I would be a slave working on a slave wage in cheap figure workshops, but I could have fun with my hobby at least. Razz

Ha!  I bet the Calidum Nugas shop would put you right to work on those Gladiators: Endgame figures.  Thanks for the comments.  The background mini figure works fine as someone’s Gladiator Souvenir as you suggest, but actually I was thinking of a mini temple to the household Gods (lares).  There is an arch frame, a mini female figure as well, and some offerings.

Talking about the dio painted background actually lets me pass on a potentially useful tip.  All due credit goes to Publius Fannius Synistor (sounds like a joke name, but it’s real).  If you go to the Metropolitan Museum website they have fantastic reproductions of some frescoes from Pompei or nearby, particularly Boscoreale: Frescoes from the Villa of P. Fannius Synistor https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/247017.  They are public domain, downloadable and high res suitable for printing, and you can actually combine several components in a row to get quite a long 1/6 villa wall backdrop.  The fact that rich Roman villa interiors featured these trompe l’oeil landscapes as if the walls were transparent makes them fantastic backdrops for Roman figures.  Can you imagine if someone told the artist who originally painted these as someone’s upscale home Décor, that two thousand years later and half a world away, someone would be “downloading” a “photograph” of his work over the “internet,” and still using his art as a backdrop for Roman figures.

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) Dp170910

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum