OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Ah, okay. Thanks for the confirmation, rootleaf.

rootleaf

Stryker2012 wrote:Ah, okay. Thanks for the confirmation, rootleaf.

Not a problem. I was asking Aollotropos about this jumpsuit because of the video review in this thread. Near the end of it, the reviewer was holding up that same jumpsuit and shoes so I thought there may have been a chance that it was included (I could not understand what he was saying). Now, I'm guessing it was sold separately.

teamweapon

Stryker2012 wrote:So, wait. They don’t actually come with that baggy coat?
i thought only 1 of the figures had the baggy liner jacket & big balenciaga trainers?
but neither of them do?
i assumed the jumpsuit that was only photographed way after the pre order for mu & bing would be for a later figure in the line?
i was sure the liner jacket and trainers were listed for one of the figures in the original listings?
how weird if not...

GeeWillikers

I'm assuming that GianToy are sending these out as they receive them from Mr Z, and strictly 'as ordered' - I ordered 'Bing' quite a while after I ordered 'Mu' and I still haven't been invoiced for 'Bing' yet. This could however prove to be a good thing as I want to see how this increasingly mysterious body checks out before committing to another one.

My 'Mu' is still on the way, and it seems to be taking forever. The almost total collapse of the UK's postal service (and Royal Mail defiantly burying its head in the sand over it) isn't helping.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:I'm assuming that GianToy are sending these out as they receive them from Mr Z, and strictly 'as ordered' - I ordered 'Bing' quite a while after I ordered 'Mu' and I still haven't been invoiced for 'Bing' yet. This could however prove to be a good thing as I want to see how this increasingly mysterious body checks out before committing to another one.

My 'Mu' is still on the way, and it seems to be taking forever. The almost total collapse of the UK's postal service (and Royal Mail defiantly burying its head in the sand over it) isn't helping.

My Mu is still on the way as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 1f10

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
My 'Mu' has been 'in transit' for 10 days so far, taking just 4 of those days to travel from China to the UK and clear Customs, with full tracking.

The other 6 days since then have apparently been spent sojourning through a mysterious uncharted netherworld where only those who wear the mark of Royal Mail may pass (extremely slowly, by the look of it).  

For context, up until this year I used to get my GianToy packages in 5-7 days, max.

It's a particular thing with our underfunded and understaffed postal system at the moment, it's not uncommon now to go over a week without any kind of mail delivery and then one day get a huge stack of mail that's been piling up at the local depot. Waiting on that time-sensitive Government document? Tough luck pal, you'll get it when we can bothered to deliver it, and consider yourself lucky.  Neutral

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:I'm assuming that GianToy are sending these out as they receive them from Mr Z, and strictly 'as ordered' - I ordered 'Bing' quite a while after I ordered 'Mu' and I still haven't been invoiced for 'Bing' yet. This could however prove to be a good thing as I want to see how this increasingly mysterious body checks out before committing to another one.

I also ordered Bing from Giantoy and she arrived today. My order number is #63812.

I like her a lot. The skin color matches the YMToys pale. I'll take some photos in the next days. Smile

Esganado

Diana wrote:

I also ordered Bing from Giantoy and she arrived today. My order number is #63812.

I like her a lot. The skin color matches the YMToys pale. I'll take some photos in the next days. Smile

I'm eager to see your photos!

Ghost808

Ghost808
Mine arrived today. Overall happy with her.

That said, the body "details" are pretty bad, but that's not a major issue for me, as I wanted the figure fully dressed as-is anyway, rather than just for the body. Other than that, she has interesting proportions and details like the knees and musculature are nicely done. Body/hands/head paint job is nice.

The body, sadly, does feel cheap. Very soft, like previous Jiaou bodies, and as such has quite a lot of indentations from the clothing. Not sure if they would bounce back?
A word of warning, the skeleton appears to be, at least in part, plastic! So tread carefully when posing. I discovered as I struggled to swap out her hands, that she has plastic wrists. Not sure what else inside is plastic?

The head is really nicely done. Magnetic face-off with very easy access to the eye adjusters. No need to remove the head from the ball joint to change eye pose. The face also looks less childlike in-hand, which is a bonus.

Clothing and accessories are all nicely made and/or well painted. I'd have liked a slightly darker, more weathered look, like the promos, but good none the less.

Glad I went through with the purchase.

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 20240910

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the report, Ghost, and I'm glad you're happy with it. It's nice that the functionality of the new sculpt and pieces is good. As for the Jiaou body, as far as I recall from reviewing their early female bodies, I think the conclusion was that only the active joints tend to be metal, the rest is plastic. I don't know to what extent that is true for their later and their male bodies.

Esganado

Ghost808 wrote:Mine arrived today. Overall happy with her.

That said, the body "details" are pretty bad, but that's not a major issue for me, as I wanted the figure fully dressed as-is anyway, rather than just for the body. Other than that, she has interesting proportions and details like the knees and musculature are nicely done. Body/hands/head paint job is nice.

The body, sadly, does feel cheap. Very soft, like previous Jiaou bodies, and as such has quite a lot of indentations from the clothing. Not sure if they would bounce back?
A word of warning, the skeleton appears to be, at least in part, plastic! So tread carefully when posing. I discovered as I struggled to swap out her hands, that she has plastic wrists. Not sure what else inside is plastic?

The head is really nicely done. Magnetic face-off with very easy access to the eye adjusters. No need to remove the head from the ball joint to change eye pose. The face also looks less childlike in-hand, which is a bonus.

Clothing and accessories are all nicely made and/or well painted. I'd have liked a slightly darker, more weathered look, like the promos, but good none the less.

Glad I went through with the purchase.

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 20240910
I love all her details. She's beautiful.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Just received mine today, but other than a cursory look, I don’t have time to do anything else. While size of the eyes still bothers me, she looks pretty good in-hand. I like the body proportions quite a bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Just received mine today, but other than a cursory look, I don’t have time to do anything else. While size of the eyes still bothers me, she looks pretty good in-hand. I like the body proportions quite a bit.
I'm glad you liked it well enough.

rootleaf

rootleaf
Mu has made the trip over to North America! She already made it to Moraine Lake in Alberta and then to NYC. She auditioned for America's Got Talent and did some sightseeing. She even took the subway. She then tried to fly a fighter jet but they said NO.

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 Fuji2511
NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 Fuji2510
NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 Fuji2512
NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 Fuji2611
NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 Fuji2610
NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 Fuji2612
NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 Fuji2613
NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 Fuji2615
NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 Fuji2614

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Mu has been all over the place, hasn't she?
It's a traveling gnome day, as it turns out (also referring to what I'm about to post).

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
This young lady has been busy. Excellent photos.

rootleaf

rootleaf
GubernatorFan wrote:Mu has been all over the place, hasn't she?
It's a traveling gnome day, as it turns out (also referring to what I'm about to post).
Haha, she's collecting those airline miles for sure!

Stryker2012 wrote:This young lady has been busy. Excellent photos.

Thanks! Yeah, she is taking in a gallery show opening tonight.

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 Fuji2616
NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 Fuji2710

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's too early for Halloween, Henry. Still, another beautiful shot.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Beautiful shots. How did you manage to get the head off the original body? Did you have to heat it? I couldn’t get mine off to save my life.

rootleaf

rootleaf
GubernatorFan wrote:It's too early for Halloween, Henry. Still, another beautiful shot.

Thanks Ian! However, I disagree! I grew up in NYC, Halloween was basically every day, especially on the subway:D

Anyway, it's going to be fun dressing her up!

Stryker2012 wrote:Beautiful shots. How did you manage to get the head off the original body? Did you have to heat it? I couldn’t get mine off to save my life.

Thanks Mark. I didn't have to heat it but I did give it a good pull before it popped off. It looks like they glued the connector to the head sculpt (at least on mine they did). I was going to pull it out with needle nose pliers but ultimately decided against it.

rootleaf

rootleaf
...she's in Chinatown with a friend...
NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 Fuji2712

and then jets off to Italy and promptly secures a Vespa.
NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 Fuji2715

itt

itt
rootleaf wrote:
Stryker2012 wrote:So, wait. They don’t actually come with that baggy coat?

No, the set DOES include the baggy coat, however, it does NOT come with the jumpsuit and the clunky shoes like the ones pictured below:

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 Mr_z_m10

Really enjoying all your pics today.

Those clunky shoes are great. Did they come with another fig or where did you get them?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
rootleaf wrote:
NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 5 Fuji2715

Ouch, that indentation on the leg looks nasty. Have we decided if these are Jiaous or not yet? Jiaous don't usually 'recover' as well from that kind of 'injury' as (for example) TBLs, unfortunately.

Tracking for mine finally updated last night and she would/should have been here today... if Royal @##!!@ Mail hadn't delivered the package to the wrong local depot this morning Mad

So now it's circled back on itself to the main city depot again. Fingers crossed I might finally get it some time early next week, unless these idiots just send it straight back to China. At least they didn't straight-up lie about delivering it like the last time I was waiting on a package. Evil or Very Mad

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
More great pics, Henry.

rootleaf

rootleaf
itt wrote:
Really enjoying all your pics today. Those clunky shoes are great. Did they come with another fig or where did you get them?

Glad you're enjoying them! The photo of her in the jumpsuit and clunky shoes was not taken by me. It was posted by someone else earlier in the thread. I originally thought that it would an outfit that was included in the set but it turns out that those items are sold separately. I'm with you, I would like to know where I can get my hands on them!

GeeWillikers wrote:
Ouch, that indentation on the leg looks nasty.
Ha, I didn't even notice. Imperfections like that do not bother me like they do some people.

Stryker2012 wrote:More great pics, Henry.
Thanks Mark. Did you manage to get the head off of your figure?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum