OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Well, that’s unfortunate. There are just so many negatives about China it’s hard to digest them all.

Diana

I just got invoiced by Giantoy so she should be with me within two weeks or so.

GeeWillikers

I've also just got my GianToy invoice.

Interestingly, it's only for one of the figures (A or 'Mu'), not both.

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Paid mine also. Maybe I’ll like her more once I get her in-hand…

gooboo

Paid mine today- never bought a Jiaou body before, not sure what to expect.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Paid my invoice. hopefully I'll like her in-hand. Worst case, the clothes do look nice, and I can always dump/sell-on the body and head if I don't like them.

Allotropos

Allotropos
You guys are making me anxious lol. My order for both is ready for pick up which I'll probably do the day after tomorrow. Still looking forward to it despite of all the uncertainties.

My PC is out of order and so uploading pics through imgur is near impossible with only my mobile.

Let's see how things go.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Here is a video unboxing...

They actually look pretty good here. This video has reassured me a bit more. My only concern now is the cheap body and possible peeling.

Ghost808

Ghost808
gooboo wrote:Paid mine today- never bought a Jiaou body before, not sure what to expect.

I bought one a few years back, and immediately put it on ebay. I'm not sure if they have changed since then, but it was pretty bad. The rubber was VERY soft. Almost spongy, and it felt like it would peel if I tried to slide clothes over it. The body shape and details were poor too. I've never bought another. So, I'll be interested to see what this body is like.

Edit: I just remembered that I actually had 3 of the skinnier Jiaous too, from when Jiaou first released. They all fell to bits really quickly! Sad

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, they don't look that bad at all. Jiaou bodies are being used here, by Mr. Z, and also by MT Toys, among others.

Zes

Zes
I managed to find this parted out. I'll see if this fits properly on a TBLeague S24. Otherwise, I'll use a WorldBox AT202 since I know that works from that user who posted their collection on BBICN.

Spoiler:

This'll make for a fun custom.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Ghost808 wrote:Here is a video unboxing...

They actually look pretty good here. This video has reassured me a bit more. My only concern now is the cheap body and possible peeling.

As good as they look, the eye's seem different, larger? ..i wonder why they did that?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Well that is strange.  Those bodies really don't look like Jiaous at all. Maybe they've got this wrong at BBICN?

Guess I'll know for sure in a week or so.

Diana

Diana
That video is indeed reassuring. The look good, despite the changes to the eyes. 
Since I am mostly getting this for the body... Uhhhh... Keeping my fingers crossed.

Allotropos

Allotropos
Hi all,
Just unboxed the sisters.
Here's a quick pic.
NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 4 UVpRVsm
Body is okay - not TBleague good but is good enough and joints are tight except for the elbow crunch (it bounces back abit if you try to bend them all the way). No peeling so far at least and overall paint ups (headsculpts, hands and feet) are pretty good.

I am actually liking them quite a lot !
Hope you guys get yours soon and looking forward to hearing your inhand thoughts !

Diana

Diana
NICE! They do look cute, especially together like that. Beautifully posed! Thank you for the photo!

Those hands are beautiful!

rootleaf

rootleaf
Allotropos wrote:Hi all,
Just unboxed the sisters.
Here's a quick pic.
Body is okay - not TBleague good but is good enough and joints are tight except for the elbow crunch (it bounces back abit if you try to bend them all the way). No peeling so far at least and overall paint ups (headsculpts, hands and feet) are pretty good.

I am actually liking them quite a lot !
Hope you guys get yours soon and looking forward to hearing your inhand thoughts !
An elegant photo! Glad they are better than expected. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Did yours include a jumpsuit outfit with chunky sneakers or is that an extra outfit that we can purchase?

csyeung

csyeung
ukshaun wrote:
Ghost808 wrote:

As good as they look, the eye's seem different, larger? ..i wonder why they did that?

From what I saw on the chinese boards, the chinese netizens were complaining that the original was a bit too stereotypical with the slanted eyes, which is understandable.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Cute photo, Allotropos. They look good there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 4 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautifully shot, Allotropos, and congratulations on getting both and being pretty happy with them.

Allotropos

Allotropos
Thanks guys.

[/quote]An elegant photo! Glad they are better than expected. Can't wait for mine to arrive.
Did yours include a jumpsuit outfit with chunky sneakers or is that an extra outfit that we can purchase?[/quote]
Thanks Rootleaf.
No it did not but that's okay as they look good without the clutter of baggy clothing (for now).
I in fact prefer displaying them as is but will look into dressing them up if and when their bodies starts showing signs of wear or tear down the road. I am also curious to see what they would look like with the AT body.

rootleaf

rootleaf
Allotropos wrote: Thanks Rootleaf. No it did not but that's okay as they look good without the clutter of baggy clothing (for now).
I in fact prefer displaying them as is but will look into dressing them up if and when their bodies starts showing signs of wear or tear down the road. I am also curious to see what they would look like with the AT body.
I'm with you! I like the outfits they have on. I really appreciate your initial impressions because I was feeling some buyers remorse after the modifications to the eyes and reports of peeling on the bodies. Your in-hand photo reassured me that they are still what I hoped they would be. I don't mind the slight modification - they still look good to me. I'll post some photos too, once they arrive. Thanks!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
So, wait. They don’t actually come with that baggy coat?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 4 1f10

rootleaf

rootleaf
Stryker2012 wrote:So, wait. They don’t actually come with that baggy coat?

No, the set DOES include the baggy coat, however, it does NOT come with the jumpsuit and the clunky shoes like the ones pictured below:

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 4 Mr_z_m10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That looks so great!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Ah, okay. Thanks for the confirmation, rootleaf.

rootleaf

rootleaf
Stryker2012 wrote:Ah, okay. Thanks for the confirmation, rootleaf.

Not a problem. I was asking Aollotropos about this jumpsuit because of the video review in this thread. Near the end of it, the reviewer was holding up that same jumpsuit and shoes so I thought there may have been a chance that it was included (I could not understand what he was saying). Now, I'm guessing it was sold separately.

teamweapon

Stryker2012 wrote:So, wait. They don’t actually come with that baggy coat?
i thought only 1 of the figures had the baggy liner jacket & big balenciaga trainers?
but neither of them do?
i assumed the jumpsuit that was only photographed way after the pre order for mu & bing would be for a later figure in the line?
i was sure the liner jacket and trainers were listed for one of the figures in the original listings?
how weird if not...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I'm assuming that GianToy are sending these out as they receive them from Mr Z, and strictly 'as ordered' - I ordered 'Bing' quite a while after I ordered 'Mu' and I still haven't been invoiced for 'Bing' yet. This could however prove to be a good thing as I want to see how this increasingly mysterious body checks out before committing to another one.

My 'Mu' is still on the way, and it seems to be taking forever. The almost total collapse of the UK's postal service (and Royal Mail defiantly burying its head in the sand over it) isn't helping.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum