OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Allotropos

Diana wrote:I'm very tempted to get a second one. This is one of the nicest modern sets I've seen in a long time and I like both of them and they are very affordable compared to other releases and the body... will see, but it looks fantastic! (which hopefully means we will see it again in other sets or even standalone).

So... I'm feeling greedy and I'm not sure I can or want to resist. Laughing

Do it !! Do it !! DoOOoOooooOoooooo iiiiitt!! lol

Ghost808

Love them both. Instant pre order on the brunette. Goodbye money!

My one fear, is that the heads might change before release. There seems to be some pushback from collectors on BBICN. Hopefully it won't cause them to alter the figures.

Spartan06

Wow, I'm late to the party but like these a lot too.  Great outfits with lots of possibilities from strictly civi to girls with guns.  The head sculpts are nice, but I wish they had gone with rooted hair and styled it like the sculpted hair.  

I'm going to PO the brunette as well, and maybe look for another head to change out (last time I ended up being happy with the OEM sculpted hair).  

Well, GianToy it's been a few weeks now Rolling Eyes

Ghost808

Spartan06 wrote:Wow, I'm late to the party but like these a lot too.  Great outfits with lots of possibilities from strictly civi to girls with guns.  The head sculpts are nice, but I wish they had gone with rooted hair and styled it like the sculpted hair.  

I'm going to PO the brunette as well, and maybe look for another head to change out (last time I ended up being happy with the OEM sculpted hair).  

Well, GianToy it's been a few weeks now Rolling Eyes

I'm wondering how the eyes will be accessed, and if that will easily allow the swapping of the molded hair for something more lifelike? 🤔

I'm looking to add some cyberpunk flourishes to mine when she arrives.

Diana

Diana
Allotropos wrote:
Diana wrote:I'm very tempted to get a second one. [...]

So... I'm feeling greedy and I'm not sure I can or want to resist. Laughing

Do it !! Do it !! DoOOoOooooOoooooo iiiiitt!! lol

Haha!! Bunch of enablers all around! Laughing

Ghost808 wrote:My one fear, is that the heads might change before release. There seems to be some pushback from collectors on BBICN. Hopefully it won't cause them to alter the figures.

Very good point. The majority didn't like the eyes at all and criticised that they were created for a western aesthetic. I hope they won't listen to them this time...  NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 2 1f648

Then again, if they end up widening the eyes a little it might actually still look as good with the added bonus of it being more noticeable where they are looking. Will see.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Very good point. The majority didn't like the eyes at all and criticised that they were created for a western aesthetic. I hope they won't listen to them this time...  NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 2 1f648

Then again, if they end up widening the eyes a little it might actually still look as good with the added bonus of it being more noticeable where they are looking. Will see.
True. Although I don't see why the eyes as they are appeals to a western aesthetic.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
If they change the head sculpts to appease the (censored) on BBICN I’m going to be pissed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 2 1f10

itt

itt
Just want the head which I hope to snag parted out, so they better not mess with them before release. Want to repaint the hair black.

3Afr

3Afr
In China, the problem comes from the eyes, too narrow for some, but it remains a "designer" toy anyway, there is also a lot of comparison with the latest faces of the female characters from Underverse (Ashley Wood)... though I buy the 1/6 figure, it's not to have a model that conforms to reality, for example I really like the characters with exaggerated features from Damtoys Gangsters... Mr-Z does not respond to these criticisms quite limited, and I'm sure that these models will not be modified, and that's a good thing.

Diana

Diana
3Afr wrote:Mr-Z does not respond to these criticisms quite limited, and I'm sure that these models will not be modified, and that's a good thing.

That's comforting, thank you. ^^

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I hope you are correct, 3Afr. I really like the head, and aside from the rest of the figure, it was the biggest selling point for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 2 1f10

Ghost808

Ghost808
You're right, Diana. I think minor changes wouldn't be the end of the world. Hopefully they leave it as it is though. I love them the way they are. And that is saying something coning from me. I usually hate molded hair!

Hopefully you're right, 3Afr.

I didn't understand how these were western pandering either, Gubanator, but then, here we all are defending their aesthetic, so maybe the folks at BBICN have a point! 😄

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ghost808 wrote:
I didn't understand how these were western pandering either, Gubanator, but then, here we all are defending their aesthetic, so maybe the folks at BBICN have a point! 😄
Good point. In my case, I like the head alright, but I am not wedded to it, actually. My primary motivation is the body.

Esganado

They are so beautiful!
Actually, for me, the most beautiful female faces in this kind of figure since I started collecting.
I only wish they had rooted hair.

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
These look amazing. I'm definitely going to order the blonde. Very Happy

rootleaf

rootleaf
Like everyone here, I hope they stick with the original designs in the promo photos. I have both figures pre-ordered and cannot wait for their arrival!

For some reason, the chair used in the photos caught my eye. I was able to find a similar one on AliExpress.

Also, does anyone happen to know where I can find 1/6 scale ballet bars or barre like the one in the photos? If not, I will try to make custom ones.

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 2 Fuji2211

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 2 Fuji2210

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z model studio - city series first urban girl Mu & Bing #CG001-A/B - Page 2 Fuji2212

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Cool chair. No idea on the ballet bar.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum