OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Molecule8 The Plot Thickens

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Molecule8 The Plot Thickens - Page 2 Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:16 pm

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:Something smelled right from the get go for me.

CHEERS!

Yup had the same thoughts when they announced the 'company' and it's goals versus prices... they never even released the so called metal human skeleton structure they claimed to have created did they? That would then be covered in some miracle new (pun intended I guess) polymer to act like real flesh that wouldn't split or crack etc..'a fraud consultant' (how ironic..) could never have come up with those designs and renders either so that's more artists he must have scammed right from the beginning. Choosing John Lennon's song 'Imagine' is so apt for this con job and actually rather funny in a very dark or dry sense of humour's way.... Sorry not trivialising any losses or trauma this has cost people but it is rather ironic and probably this con guy's idea of a joke.

27Molecule8 The Plot Thickens - Page 2 Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:26 pm

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Makes you wonder where the money went for the ones they actually did sell....

CHEERS!

28Molecule8 The Plot Thickens - Page 2 Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:58 am

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:Makes you wonder where the money went for the ones they actually did sell....

CHEERS!

His tax free Cayman accounts I'd have thought...

29Molecule8 The Plot Thickens - Page 2 Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:31 pm

Rogerbee

Founding Father
You never know!

CHEERS!

30Molecule8 The Plot Thickens - Page 2 Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:51 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
More on FB today:

"I had to consider long and hard before posting this here, its not exactly the normal route in a situation such as this but then, this is not exactly a normal situation either.

I am the primary investor in Molecule 8, the one that Vimal mentioned in his FB post.

I have to tread carefully for what I can say in a public forum as I am currently getting advice on instigating legal proceedings against Vijay Chadha and his brother Ajay Chadha.

However I may need some assistance and further information which I hope that some members in this forum may be able to provide.

A lot of speculation has been made that Molecule 8 had little or no funds at startup and that is the reason why things happened the way that they have. This is far from the truth though.

A total of $2 Million USD was invested into Molecule 8, $1.6 Million of which was from myself and another close friend. I had to borrow much of the money from family, friends and banks as the initial amount Vijay predicted would be needed was around $700,000 to $800,000 but he quickly needed more and more funds.

I know people will ask how I have been so gullible and really I feel very stupid at this moment. But I have known Vijay for something like 25 years back from when we travelled to Japan together when the first Sony Playstation was released. I had grown to trust him implicitly over the years, as much as anyone I had known in my life so when he explained the business model he had in mind for Molecule 8, I was very excited to be involved.

Molecule 8 was supposed to be the company that all collectors wanted, that offered real value and quality in everything that we produced.

In the initial stages, Vijay consulted with me about everything but once he moved to LA, he slowly but surely started making decisions unilaterally and taking involvement away from me. This ranged from making bullish claims on the website to taking licenses without my knowledge or approval, i.e. the Tick and Travis Touchdown. I did not even learn about Travis Touchdown until I saw a post on this forum and I did not know that we had even commissioned any David Bowie sculpts until I saw the image on K. A. Kim’s FB post.

Once I was unable to invest any further money, Vijay started to become difficult to contact. He would ignore phone calls, texts and emails for increasingly extended periods of time. I was told much later by an artist that travelled with him to Hong Kong in the early set up stages but who has since fallen out with him due to a lack of payment that Vijay confided in him that he wanted to find a way to get me out of the company.

I have been gathering as much information as I could over the last few months and have become increasingly concerned as to what has actually happened to the initial investment if we owe so much to so many people

Much more information on this has become evident in the last couple of days of course triggered by Vimal’s FB post and I am very grateful to him for that.

That we have not paid K. A. Kim, the artist who was mainly responsible for the company’s high profile during startup is simply beyond repugnant. I was not aware that this had been done and since finding out, I have reached out to and apologised to her for this. An apology is far short of what she is owed though of course.

It is true that a lot of money had to be paid for licenses but even allowing for that and the other money I can see that has been spent, there is something in the region of $1,000,000 USD that I have been unable to account for. Note that I am not saying anything untoward has been done with the funds, just that I am unable to account for it at this moment in time.

There is much more that I could write here but as mentioned at the beginning of this post, I have to be careful not to say anything that could adversely affect litigation.

What I would like to request is information from anyone here that has any knowledge of people or companies that are owed money and anything else that may potentially be helpful or relevant.

Please PM me if you have anything that you think may help, if you need to keep it confidential just mention so. I will respect all confidences, I just want to get to the bottom of this.

If I am able to recover monies via the company, from Vijay personally or through the court, I will try my best to make sure all those that are owed monies will be paid."

On and on......

CHEERS!

31Molecule8 The Plot Thickens - Page 2 Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:50 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Where on FB are you finding these posts Roger? Interesting read and if true sounds like he screwed his best friend over worst of all!

32Molecule8 The Plot Thickens - Page 2 Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:32 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
OSR mainly, people find them and share them. I figured I'd share them here too, spread the word so to speak.

CHEERS!

33Molecule8 The Plot Thickens - Page 2 Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:52 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This sort of shame pretty much soup how I felt about this company from the beginning. I’m not surprised at all that this has happened. People warned t the outset, but foolishly gave him money anyway. This is no different than the multitudes of bogus emails or phone calls.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Molecule8 The Plot Thickens - Page 2 C8485110

34Molecule8 The Plot Thickens - Page 2 Empty Re: Molecule8 The Plot Thickens Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:04 am

blackpool

blackpool
Gotta concur that it was shady from the beginning when they started advertising their insane endoskeleton from a few 3D visuals showing a super high end terminator pretending it would be the underlying body for a seamless figure (seeing the body on their john lennon today, we're pretty far from it)

Waiting to hear more about the investor too, his explanation seems a bit "easy" to say the least, even with a good friend, when you invest 2M $ in a new company I guess you look after it a bit more than a few emails... Anyway you don't wake up two years later not knowing sh@%#:t about contracted artists and purchased licenses.
Molecule8 had a running website until very recently where all the licenses were heavily promoted, some coming figures already listed, I can't believe this guy never knew about it at all, seriously...

In the end I'm really sorry for the artists that got scammed, the only thing I'd be happy to read is that they will be fully paid for their work and compensated for their promotion involvement that will impact on their personal reputation for some time... or that a major company will buy their art for real and honest production.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum