OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Visisonor

BAMComix wrote:Lovey posing to by the way Wink
GubernatorFan wrote:I second that, great choices
Thanks!
And yes, it is an upgrade in terms of articulation and details.
(It may not be complete, some pieces are missing but they can be added)
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7423

Visisonor

Girls fight (part 2)

This was photographed some time ago, not long after part 1.
Since these wooden dowels make decent Bo staffs, I wanted to put them in action:

Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7334
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7335
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7333
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7337
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7338
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7336
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7339
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7340
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7341
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7342
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7343
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7344

It seems even harder to set the figures up with two-handed weapons, so the whole sequence covers only two strikes.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I like the new sequence. Naturally it is harder with two-handed weapons, but you made it work very well.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

BAMComix

Great movement capture!

Visisonor

Visisonor
Thanks guys, glad you like it.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Bug fixes

In the earlier post I've shown the Catch Me suit, thinking it should be put on in that sequence (first the leotard of power), then the pants.
But the pants, lacking any belt loops, posed a problem with the belt - it always tended to ride up on the back. Maybe it's not evident in the photos, but it was quite annoying.
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7146

So I took a better look at the promo shots of the Catch Me figure: turned out I was doing it wrong!
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Main-qimg-fbfcf99bc5deeb502e11fb2c3ee5b085

The pants actually go first:
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7527

And then the body piece needs to be velcroed on top of them
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7528

After that, nothing is interfering with the belt:
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7529

Everything put together:
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7530

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This is a sort of thing a viewer would usually miss but it can be really annoying for someone putting the outfit together. Glad you sorted it out.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool my friend! I never thought of doing that.

Visisonor

Visisonor
GubernatorFan wrote:can be really annoying for someone putting the outfit together.
Yes, and it affects the fun factor quite a lot. Now I'm more inclined to pose the figure in this outfit, and it's harder to put her back on the shelf Smile

BAMComix wrote:Very cool my friend! I never thought of doing that.
Thanks.
So for your Shea Moriarty the suit is arranged in the way I had previously, pants after body piece?

BAMComix

BAMComix
Visisonor wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:can be really annoying for someone putting the outfit together.
Yes, and it affects the fun factor quite a lot. Now I'm more inclined to pose the figure in this outfit, and it's harder to put her back on the shelf Smile

BAMComix wrote:Very cool my friend! I never thought of doing that.
Thanks.
So for your Shea Moriarty the suit is arranged in the way I had previously, pants after body piece?

Yeah, I have her top tucked up underneath her trousers, but as you say, it does tend to ride up Sad .

Visisonor

Visisonor
Reunion

Perhaps the fingersnap from one of my earlier posts brought results, or maybe there were other reasons for this, but now I can present both sisters from my setting, Vera and Villa, on the same image without resorting to photo editing:
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7624

This is how they could look before the story started, similar to this 1/12 scale sketch.

And I can do this, too:
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7625

But this image is explicitly non-canon because...
Spoilers to Diary of a field agent:

And this is, roughly, post-diary look of Kate and Vera (Vera prefers HK-416 but I don't have it yet in 1/6):
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7628

So yeah, now I have three of my characters in 1/6 scale, and it seems like an unhealthy obsession, because there is not much practical sense in duplicating them in two scales.
Also,
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Thanos-infinity-war

BAMComix

BAMComix
They look great to me! I hate to think what I've spent creating the Black Knights!

Diana

Diana
YAY!! They look great! I gotta say I love the shorter hair on the 1/12 Villa/Vera. But this of course looks great, too. 

So... you got one full Villa set, one full Catch-Me set and a loose Villa head and a Catch Me suit? Shocked
In any case... good catch! Wink 

I wouldn't mind getting one of those cat suits but I didn't even think it possible to find them this late... except with horrendous shipping from the US.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They're looking sharp. Glad you've gotten them all kitted out.

Visisonor

Visisonor
BAMComix wrote:They look great to me! I hate to think what I've spent creating the Black Knights!
Thank you. Yeah, I try not to keep track of expenditures  affraid

Diana wrote:So... you got one full Villa set, one full Catch-Me set and a loose Villa head and a Catch Me suit?
Thanks!
No, it's two full Villa sets (one a while ago, another recently - it is currently in package with the knock-off head).
And two Catch Me suits. These suits are on TBLeague bodies (S22A for Kate, S23B for Vera) which are featured throughout this thread.

I found the second suit recently on eBay (Chinese seller), but I think it was the last one Sad

As for differences between versions, I personally prefer longer hair, though I realize it's less practical for an action-type character. But short hair looks great too, and the story will continue in 1/12 scale anyway.

Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7629

GubernatorFan wrote:They're looking sharp. Glad you've gotten them all kitted out.
Thanks. Equipping them is a never-ending process (but a source of joy). There are still some things missing, and Vera's recently acquired holster is better than Kate's, so now I need to upgrade Kate to it as well...

Valiarde

Valiarde
Great figures Visisonor! Glad you went more into the 1/6 side of things. Your pics are also instantly recognizeable, especially with the backdrops Smile

Visisonor

Visisonor
Thanks, Valiarde.
Valiarde wrote:Your pics are also instantly recognizeable, especially with the backdrops Smile
I wonder whether this is a good thing (consistency as a sign of mastery) or not (over-repetition of the same) Smile

BAMComix

BAMComix
Visisonor wrote:Thanks, Valiarde.
Valiarde wrote:Your pics are also instantly recognizeable, especially with the backdrops Smile
I wonder whether this is a good thing (consistency as a sign of mastery) or not (over-repetition of the same) Smile

That's me knackered then lol!

Valiarde

Valiarde

I think it is a positive! You create your figures and backdrops with great care.

BAMComix wrote:

That's me knackered then lol!

lol!

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Congrats that you found another Villa! Great work with the fighting scenes; the posing is excellent.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was just thinking you had a shot at making a mother-takes-daughter-to-work day, but unfortunately the adult proportions of the 12th-scale figure get in the way. But they look great, and such a good match for each other, across the two different scales.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Valiarde wrote:I think it is a positive!
Appreciate that!

Randam Hajile wrote:Great work with the fighting scenes
Thanks!
And with Villa it's really an overkill. Too bad I didn't start looking for a headsculpt earlier.

GubernatorFan wrote:I was just thinking you had a shot at making a mother-takes-daughter-to-work day
Not exactly, it's rather the "don't talk to me or my son ever again" meme which is often rendered with figures in different scales. I've done it here several times Smile.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Accessorize! (part 4)

Continuing to accumulate pieces of equipment to match what I have in 1/12 scale.
The spotlight today goes to HK-416 by Minitimes.
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7637
Vera seems surprised by the quality

I can't compare it directly to the same weapon from other manufacturers, which are currently more expensive, but looking at 1/6 weapons I have (by E&S, Soldier Story) I don't see much differences in details.

Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7638

And it's loaded with accessories. Suppressor shown above. The handle grip is connected to a flashlight, both can attach to the rails.
Holographic sight and aiming laser (which is also connected via a wire to the separate battery attachment):
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7639

There is also a sling. And I forgot to mention that magazine comes out too, but there are no extra magazines.
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7710

Now Kate needs a different holster, which is still on the way.
But Villa's Beretta M9 (by Multifun E&S) has arrived:
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7640

So Villa's kit is now complete.

Meanwhile, a new character has joined out the blue:
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7641

And she doesn't have a smaller scale counterpart.
Visisonor's conjectures of grandeur (updated 2024-06-15) - Page 3 Cnr_7642

She also needs a top like this, but that will probably be a subject of another post.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice additions, both the "accessory" and the new agent -- both of them lethal, I'm sure. Smile

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Your ladies looking amazing Visisonor.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Thanks, guys!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum