OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Edation (Hot Stuff) figures -- What do you think?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
I apologize for so many questions but, the number of variations in this hobby is amazing.
Still so much to figure out.

So, if I may, does anyone have any opinions on a 1/6 figure maker called "EDATION"?
I (think) one of the lines of products they make is called ..... HOT STUFF.

The cost of their figures is more than TBL, but less than say LDDOLL products. It appears that they only have 3 body types (Slim / Medium / and comically stated as PLUMP!

They can come with either a BALL head connector or a CONE head connector.

I only see female figures but no male figures.

Are they a new offering (just introducing their products) or a company that just dabbles in the hobby?

As before any insight will be appreciated. Thank You ... AGAIN!

madnug

madnug
NavySubGuy wrote:I apologize for so many questions but, the number of variations in this hobby is amazing.
Still so much to figure out.

So, if I may, does anyone have any opinions on a 1/6 figure maker called "EDATION"?
I (think) one of the lines of products they make is called ..... HOT STUFF.

The cost of their figures is more than TBL, but less than say LDDOLL products. It appears that they only have 3 body types (Slim / Medium / and comically stated as PLUMP!

They can come with either a BALL head connector or a CONE head connector.

I only see female figures but no male figures.

Are they a new offering (just introducing their products) or a company that just dabbles in the hobby?

As before any insight will be appreciated. Thank You ... AGAIN!

edation Hot Stuff has been in the market quite a while already, its just their release and marketing is not as many variants to TBL or Jiaou Doll

their body is full seamless, hands and fingers are seamless using wire as sort of articulation, may look a bit big or weird on the fingers if you dont pose it well.
theres a review of hot stuff on you tube too, you might wanna check it out.

i think they are best for ppl uses them as model clothing or drawing purposes or just light dressing as you are quite limited to customize with accessories to use on hands and feet.

Visisonor

Visisonor

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
Thank you all for the link and input.

Looks like a no-go on these Hot Stuff figures. tongue

The Edation website is dated at 2016; where they say that "GENERATION 4" will be coming soon.
Hummm ... Shocked ... 5-6 years is soon?

The review on YouTube is pretty bad with breakage, seams, sticky-icky feeling skin and the higher cost as just some of the issues.

Looks like I will be continuing my TBLeague collection.

Good hunting!

Visisonor

Visisonor
NavySubGuy wrote:Looks like I will be continuing my TBLeague collection.
Good hunting!

Unfortunately, TBLeague bodies are not as detailed as they used to be, though it may be still possible to find old batches. So hunting is really a good way to describe it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't have an Edation body, but the LDDoll bodies are made with similar materials and on the same principle. You can check out the review HERE.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I have the first and second iterations of their Hot Stuff bodies, and while the shape is nice, the bodies are a pain in the ass. Ratchet joints, limited articulation, and the second version had a weird oily surface (not the same as the TBL). Slimy to say the least. For the cost, I honestly wouldn’t recommend them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Edation (Hot Stuff) figures -- What do you think? 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ok, correction then: LDDoll doesn't have ratchet joints. The silicone does leave a trace if it touches paper, but I wouldn't say it is slimy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum