OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Couple of questions/requests

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Couple of questions/requests Empty Couple of questions/requests Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:33 am

JulietD

I have been researching for daaaays and I'm still needing some help.
If someone has the Hatshepsut version B or TBLeague Radiant Crown Deity Golden, and the S46D - can you please post a picture of them side by side. I'm trying to see the color variation I keep reading about.

I have a Hot Toys RE Afterlife Alice HS (been holding onto it for years) to create a Leeloo in the thermal bands. I was considering TBL 19B, but I feel like Jiaou 19B may work better. I just pose the figures and leave them on shelf, so I'm not too concerned of breakage. If someone has those two for comparison, that's be much appreciated.

Even if you don't have pictures, but you have knowledge to share, I'm all ears!

2Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:37 pm

French

French
I don't have a photo, for now, you'll have to take my word for it. But the bodies are the same color for Hatshepsut and Radiant Crown Deity Golden
For the 46D body, I don't have it. I can not give you an answer.

3Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:03 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hopefully someone who has both sets can help you out, Juliet. I didn't like the heads, so I did not pick up the sets, but I did pick up the bodies and some (or a lot) of the accessories. At this point, I'm not sure which is which, but I'm about 100% certain the bodies and their color are exactly the same. As far as I can tell, the only difference is the nail polish: red or orange. Here are the bodies, with different heads:

(Ironically, this one below might be the body from a Hatshepsut set)
Couple of questions/requests Rcd0110

(And this one below is from a Radiant Crown Deity set)
Couple of questions/requests Hny24110

Couple of questions/requests Tblbc013

I ended up digging them out and setting them side by side. Sorry, I didn't realize how dusty they had gotten before snapping the photos.

Couple of questions/requests Hatrcd10

I hope this helps answer your question.

4Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:17 pm

JulietD

French wrote:I don't have a photo, for now, you'll have to take my word for it. But the bodies are the same color for Hatshepsut and Radiant Crown Deity Golden
For the 46D body, I don't have it. I can not give you an answer.

I appreciate your knowledge and totally took your word for it. Thanks!

5Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:20 pm

JulietD

GubernatorFan wrote:
I ended up digging them out and setting them side by side. Sorry, I didn't realize how dusty they had gotten before snapping the photos.

Very helpful. Thanks!

6Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:13 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
JulietD wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

Very helpful. Thanks!
You are welcome.

7Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:28 am

French

French
I bought both models, in fact it's because of its figurines that I wanted Tb League, especially the Indian princess who is very pretty.
As Gubernatorfan shows, they are the same bodies and the same shade. Only the head, clothes and accessories change.

8Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:52 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
French wrote:I bought both models, in fact it's because of its figurines that I wanted Tb League, especially the Indian princess who is very pretty.
As Gubernatorfan shows, they are the same bodies and the same shade. Only the head, clothes and accessories change.
Thanks for confirming. Since you have the actual sets, this is now definite.

9Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:14 am

JulietD

French wrote:I bought both models, in fact it's because of its figurines that I wanted Tb League, especially the Indian princess who is very pretty.

Thanks! I thought there was a figure that people believed would be the same as S46C, but ended up being lighter than S46C. With all the research, it seems I got confused and thought it was either Radiant Queen or Hatshepsut. I need a slightly lighter shade.

10Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:49 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
JulietD wrote:
I have a Hot Toys RE Afterlife Alice HS (been holding onto it for years) to create a Leeloo in the thermal bands. I was considering TBL 19B, but I feel like Jiaou 19B may work better. I just pose the figures and leave them on shelf, so I'm not too concerned of breakage. If someone has those two for comparison, that's be much appreciated.

Proportion-wise both bodies will work with the head. The TBL S19B has slightly broader shoulders and is bigger than the JQB19B, which might be more accurate with respect to Milla Jovovich's physique. If it is not urgent, I can produce side by side pictures next week.

11Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:56 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
JulietD wrote:

Thanks! I thought there was a figure that people believed would be the same as S46C, but ended up being lighter than S46C. With all the research, it seems I got confused and thought it was either Radiant Queen or Hatshepsut. I need a slightly lighter shade.
The newly released darker skin tone versions of TBLeague bodies include an option (the "dark brown" which is actually the lighter brown of the two -- the other being called "dark skinned") which is very close, if not identical to the skin tone of the Radiant Crown Deity/Hatshepsut. In most models, this new skin tone option is indicated by the pairing of an even number with the letter B, e.g., S24B (since S24A was the original pale version and S25B was the original suntan version, while S25C is the new "dark skin" version). When I did my mini review of the new skin tone colors, I thought the "dark brown" was slightly different, perhaps a tad lighter than the Radiant Crown Deity/Hatshepsut brown, but now that I look at it, I'm not that sure it is different, or at least that it is different by design -- it may be that they were going for the same color and just this batch ended up very slightly lighter and warmer in color. Judge for yourself:

Couple of questions/requests Rcds2410

Lighting conditions might account for some difference between photos. The one above was taken in diffused natural sunlight.

See HERE for the new darker skin tone versions.

If the color of the brown Radiant Crown Deity/Hatshepsut body works for you, and if you think it is the same or close enough to the new "dark brown" bodies, you would have plenty of choice. Check the catalog HERE for the different model designations.

12Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:39 pm

French

French
Couple of questions/requests 6LHWQx9d

I took a photo. As we can see, they are the same color and the same body

13Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:57 pm

JulietD

It turns out I have the S46D and before I attempted to color match the head I had for it, I wanted to make sure I didn't get the wrong body. All of your help gave me the go-ahead I needed. I'm pleased with the outcome. Now I have to sew the clothes, etc. for this character, but let me show you a preview of the color match! I'm so excited.

Here's the back before I did anything.

Couple of questions/requests 20240610

Here's the front; color matched to my level of ability

Couple of questions/requests 20240611

14Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:47 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think it matches very well, at least in this light.

15Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:53 pm

JulietD

GubernatorFan wrote:I think it matches very well, at least in this light.

Thanks. She will remain in this light and this light only. Should someone try to change the light, they will rue the day! 😆

16Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:34 pm

madnug

madnug
I think it’s best to source verycool type HS of milla to do a custom leelu.. the hs color tone is easier to match with tbl or jiaou or other seamless body in the market..

Hottoys HS a bit too rich in color for skimpy clothes characters

17Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:57 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
madnug wrote:I think it’s best to source verycool type HS of milla to do a custom leelu.. the hs color tone is easier to match with tbl or jiaou or other seamless body in the market..

The HT Alice head has a normal suntan color, which fits TBLeague bodies. The sizes and proportions of both mentioned bodies are very different, though. Here is comparison shot. I did not have time to uncloth the bodies, but I think that you can still see the major differences...

Couple of questions/requests 53788464649_c1993210bc_kCJ3A0460 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

If I were you, I would presumably use the Tbleague body on the left. Very Happy

18Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:30 pm

JulietD

Randam Hajile wrote:
madnug wrote:I think it’s best to source verycool type HS of milla to do a custom leelu.. the hs color tone is easier to match with tbl or jiaou or other seamless body in the market..

The HT Alice head has a normal suntan color, which fits TBLeague bodies. The sizes and proportions of both mentioned bodies are very different, though. Here is comparison shot. I did not have time to uncloth the bodies, but I think that you can still see the major differences...

Couple of questions/requests 53788464649_c1993210bc_kCJ3A0460 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

If I were you, I would presumably use the Tbleague body on the left. Very Happy

They both work! I don't know which body is which though. I'm assuming TBL is on the left and Jiaou on the right?

19Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:51 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
JulietD wrote:

They both work! I don't know which body is which though. I'm assuming TBL is on the left and Jiaou on the right?

Yes, the TBleague S19B body is on the left, the Jiaou body is on the right.

BTW, is the other figure that you are working on Kida from "Disney's Atlantis: Lost Empire"?

20Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:34 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:Yes, the TBleague S19B body is on the left, the Jiaou body is on the right.
Even your demonstration shots might as well be works of art, Ralf!

21Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:22 pm

madnug

madnug
The shoulders and the more rounded arms doesn’t look like a s19, or the clothing makes me confused..

22Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:48 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
madnug wrote:The shoulders and the more rounded arms doesn’t look like a s19, or the clothing makes me confused..

You are right, I got confused by the numbers. The body on the left side is a TBleague S17B, of course. Somehow, comparing the Tbleague S17B with the Jiaou JQB 19B made more sense to me, because they are both small bust bodies. Sorry for any confusion.

23Couple of questions/requests Empty Re: Couple of questions/requests Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:15 pm

JulietD

Randam Hajile wrote:

BTW, is the other figure that you are working on Kida from "Disney's Atlantis: Lost Empire"?

Yes, that's the character I'm working on!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum