OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spandex Stories (marvel heroes)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

61Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:34 pm

MerylAkiba

Love that Spider-man Photo!

62Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:22 am

skywalkersaga

These are all incredible, I can only DREAM of making such good dioramas and photo manips!! Your figures all look great as well -- I especially like your Punisher! Do you mind me asking which Jon Bernthal head that is? (I am presuming it is a Hot Toys knock-off, but I can't place for sure which one.... ) I'm always uncertain about how certain headsculpts look 'in hand', but the one you have looks pretty good, so I can't help but be curious...

63Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:13 am

ReverendSpooky

Oh man, torture! Yeah, those last couple shots are only making me want this figure more. Seriously, great photos! That comic cover is too perfect, and the dramatic lighting is fantastic.

http://reverendspooky.com

64Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:24 am

dadrab

Dude, I love those Spidey photos (and the rest, too.)

A Marvel comic never looked as good.

65Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:25 am

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree. SooSoo's Scarlet Speedster was great, too. And of course so is HT's Spiderman from your photos. According to Michael's review, they reused the same head sculpt in the newer version that just came out.

Indeed! I'm gonna follow that brand with attention, they recently released a Constantine figure that is really nice, and they just announced an Elektra based on the netflix daredevil version!

Stryker2011 wrote:Great new shots of Spidey. The Homecoming figure really is cool.

Hell yeah he is cool! The interchangeable eyes are my favorite part of this figure, it really gives him a lot of character, and the fact that they put both a peter headsculpt and loose mask is the best choice they ever made for a spidey figure! As a counterpart the suit is veeeery fragile, so I won't pose him as extreme as I used to with my amamzing spiderman 2, I thought I would resell him but in the end both have great qualities.

MerylAkiba wrote:Love that Spider-man Photo!

Thank you very much!!! Seeing your avatar you might prefer something like that (GF it is Jessica Jones again)

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Jessicajones_01

skywalkersaga wrote:These are all incredible, I can only DREAM of making such good dioramas and photo manips!! Your figures all look great as well --  I especially like your Punisher! Do you mind me asking which Jon Bernthal head that is? (I am presuming it is a Hot Toys knock-off, but I can't place for sure which one.... ) I'm always uncertain about how certain headsculpts look 'in hand', but the one you have looks pretty good, so I can't help but be curious...

Thanks a lot for the kind words! I'm not bad at photo manips for sure, but my dioramas are mostly "set ups", very simple one, basic cardboard or foam with a printed background on them... I shared most of my "indoor" backgrounds in another thread HERE

ReverendSpooky wrote:Oh man, torture!  Yeah, those last couple shots are only making me want this figure more.  Seriously, great photos!  That comic cover is too perfect, and the dramatic lighting is fantastic.  

You should definitely grab it, he is a real masterpiece, that said you should have better prices now that the "far from home "trailer is out it won't take long for hot toys to announce a new wave of figures, may be even a v2.0 of the very same suit as he seems to wear it again in some sequences of the coming movie.

dadrab wrote:Dude, I love those Spidey photos (and the rest, too.)
A Marvel comic never looked as good.

Thanks a lot! I have to confess if it looks so much as a good comic book cover it is indeed because I took one of my collection as an inspiration, my only original idea in this shot was to rework the shadow of peter parker to turn it into spiderman's head...

Here is the original cover

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 133766._SX360_QL80_TTD_

66Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:27 am

blackpool

blackpool
SOmething a little different I'm not sure I shared here yet, still it is about spandex and heroes, and it is 1/6th soooo....

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Incredibles_01

67Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:21 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I love that pic. I’m pretty sure Thanos wouldn’t stand a chance against The Incredibles; The Avengers are pansies next to them! Razz

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 C8485110

68Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:22 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
So much fun to see new pic added and blackpool your filling a need my friend. Great work.

AFM

69Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:50 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Ahhh ! You got him. A spidie with removable mask ! Can´t wait to see some pics of him with the other Heros. This is a slim Body, right ? Can You show him next to one of Your massive Characters, please ?

I´m A big Fan of Your Photos !

70Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:27 am

blackpool

blackpool
Thanks a lot guys! The incredibles are cheap disney store figures but the two ladies have decent articulation, removable boots and mask, not bad for 24$!

Mr incredible was a bit disapointing, the articulation is as awful as on 1980'S Ken dolls, I had to take off the legs entirely to replace them with some spare I had from our standard bodies, I sculpted the muscles over it to give it back the needed proportions, but that was a very lengthy and painful process... I still have to figure something out for his arms, at least the shoulders...

Ephiane wrote:Ahhh ! You got him. A spidie with removable mask ! Can´t wait to see some pics of him with the other Heros. This is a slim Body, right ? Can You show him next to one of Your massive Characters, please ?

I´m A big Fan of Your Photos !

@Eph he is indeed a bit smaller than others but not that much, way less than the ASM2 version which was really slim. This one is much more realistic because of the subtle muscle definition that hot toys managed fantastically well on this figure.

I will shoot some neutral pose pics for comparison as soon as I can, but he is nearly as tall as daredevil and others, the exception being this new infinity war captain, the guy is a beast, he actually stands as tall as an iron man armor lol (check the previous page for a group shot with cap and spidey Razz )

71Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:48 am

blackpool

blackpool
Quick update as the "Endgame" hype is growing, I couldn't resist taking my avengers out of their boxes this week end.

More to come soon!

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Endgame_01

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Endgame_02

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Endgame_05

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Endgame_03

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Endgame_04

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Endgame_06

72Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:15 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those are fantastic! Nice light effect and posing.

73Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:35 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn Blackpool, like I needed you getting me any more psyched for Endgame!!! These came out so awesome. Which Black Widow head is that btw? Looks great.

74Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:36 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Those are gorgeous!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

75Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:46 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Those are some very impressive images -- you should market them to cinemas to print out as posters advertising the movie. Wink

76Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:28 am

blackpool

blackpool
Stryker2011 wrote:Those are fantastic! Nice light effect and posing.

Thanks a lot mate!

ReverendSpooky wrote:Damn Blackpool, like I needed you getting me any more psyched for Endgame!!!  These came out so awesome.  Which Black Widow head is that btw?  Looks great.

Thanks Reverend! I hope you saw the endgame, it is so huuuuuuuuge, like a phenomenal conclusion of the greatest cinematic saga of all times!!!
The black widow head is a clone from the hot toys "civil war" version (I grabbed it at oneseixthkit)

skywalkersaga wrote:Those are gorgeous!

Thank you times!!!

GubernatorFan wrote:Those are some very impressive images -- you should market them to cinemas to print out as posters advertising the movie. Wink

Thanks a lot bro! In fact I just realized the logo I used for these comes from infinity war, they would have been perfect for last year lmao

Small update, I don't want to spoil the endgame so I won't shoot my heroes for a lil while, I think I first need a second watch lol

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 DSC_0304edit

77Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:32 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool shot. And thanks for no spoilers.

78Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:56 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is a cool shot. As for the no-spoilers spoiler, I appreciate it. Wink

79Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:56 pm

blackpool

blackpool
Quick update, I took some time to play a bit with my Kingpin, that figure is so huge they did a very good job!

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Dd11

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Dd12

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Dd14

80Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ohh, very cool. Great shots. Very moody.

81Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look great. Beautiful shots as always!

82Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:18 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Omg!! I hadn't realized there was a Kingpin figure, he looks awesome facing off with Daredevil!

83Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:20 am

blackpool

blackpool
Thanks for the kind comments friends!

My first edits of the Black Cat that just joined my marvel heroes shelf! Hope you'll like!

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Marvelheroes_23

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Marvelheroes_24

84Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:21 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Those are awesome, especially the first one.... very clever! Very Happy

85Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:08 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, I love these so much. You really nail the look of both original pieces. Beautiful!

86Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:47 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stunning as it is, there is a typo... she cannot be LE chat noir... Smile N'est-ce pas?

87Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:39 pm

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote:Stunning as it is, there is a typo... she cannot be LE chat noir... Smile N'est-ce pas?

indeed c'est exact mon ami!

While words have no gender in english it's true that speaking of a female character (or even just a female cat), it would translate in french as "LA CHATTE NOIRE"...
This said the typo is intended on that specific one, J. Scott Campbell used an old parisian poster that is now quite famous, it was advertising a cabaret named Le Chat Noir located in Montmartre (that was around 1880-1890)

I'm sure most of you have seen this poster once or twice.

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Vintage-tournee-du-chat-noir

88Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:12 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, that was the poster I THOUGHT you were referencing, as I had not been aware of the comic book version of it, only the above original. :')

89Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 3 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:58 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Mais oui... that's the one I was thinking of, too. And there is now apparently a fad to produce plates and knick knacks with misspelled French text in this country.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum