OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 40]

21Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:40 pm

DeltaForceChung

ReverendSpooky wrote:
DeltaForceChung wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:My ADD Toys Yukio "Wolf Seeker" arrived yesterday, and is actually way nicer than I was expecting along with Very Cool's Villa (I got tired of looking for that head loose).  Just ordered yesterday the CGL Toys Professor X, because my X-men need a Professor X and Patrick Stewart was born to play that role, and the Asmus LOTR Samwise, who is quickly going to undergo some changes to become a denizen of my post apocalyptic world.

And I'd also like a look at DFC's storehouse of wonders.  

--

Did your Yukio come with underwear or without?

No underwear! It was originally listed when they solicited the figure right? I'm not imagining it?

Everything else more than makes up for it though.  The tailoring on the clothes is excellent, materials are nice, the sword is beautiful, and they used a really fine material on the hair, more so than I'm used to seeing, so it actually moves and lays great.  I'm actually hoping someone puts up the head loose, as I'm pretty fond of Rila Fukushima, and it's a great likeness.  Would love to have for other projects.

--

Yes.

The underwear was listed, but thus far everyone I know of who got the figure verified no underwear.

It's OK.

I'm prepared and hopefully my Yukio will be comfortable (i.e. no wedgie, no panty line, no chafing, etc.) wearing this. Even 1:6 female figures need/want comfortable underwear. Granted, I purchased A LOT of these from way back during "better times" with the vendor who created and sold them.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 1191-210

22Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:46 pm

Kukolka

Oh my, that Majestic Crusader armour!~ I love you

My latest purchase is wood chairs and end tables for the guild hall. Maybe reusable for two guild halls by changing banners and other décor.

And he arrived last week.  :}
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 39569291750_46a3c8754c
Portrait: Soldier Story Special Duties Unit Assault Leader by Kukolka, on Flickr

https://kukolkacreates.wordpress.com/blog/

23Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:36 am

highwayman57

Just won an eBay auction for a used Medicom Rocketeer version 2; I already have one MIB in one of my storage units!

David

24Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:10 pm

ReverendSpooky

DeltaForceChung wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:
DeltaForceChung wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:My ADD Toys Yukio "Wolf Seeker" arrived yesterday, and is actually way nicer than I was expecting along with Very Cool's Villa (I got tired of looking for that head loose).  Just ordered yesterday the CGL Toys Professor X, because my X-men need a Professor X and Patrick Stewart was born to play that role, and the Asmus LOTR Samwise, who is quickly going to undergo some changes to become a denizen of my post apocalyptic world.

And I'd also like a look at DFC's storehouse of wonders.  

--

Did your Yukio come with underwear or without?

No underwear! It was originally listed when they solicited the figure right? I'm not imagining it?

Everything else more than makes up for it though.  The tailoring on the clothes is excellent, materials are nice, the sword is beautiful, and they used a really fine material on the hair, more so than I'm used to seeing, so it actually moves and lays great.  I'm actually hoping someone puts up the head loose, as I'm pretty fond of Rila Fukushima, and it's a great likeness.  Would love to have for other projects.

--

Yes.

The underwear was listed, but thus far everyone I know of who got the figure verified no underwear.

It's OK.

I'm prepared and hopefully my Yukio will be comfortable (i.e. no wedgie, no panty line, no chafing, etc.) wearing this.  Even 1:6 female figures need/want comfortable underwear.  Granted, I purchased A LOT of these from way back during "better times" with the vendor who created and sold them.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 1191-210

At the risk out outing myself as the 1/6 scale underwear pervert that I am (no really, I'm just obsessively detail oriented, I swear!) the 1/6 underwear struggle is real.  I've actually put some time into looking for a steady supply of 1/6 underwear, and I'll admit my criteria can be a bit stringent.  I generally assume I should put come underwear on most of the custom figures I do, especially if there's anything like a skirt or dress involved.  It also helps protect phicen bodies against potential staining from other fabrics.  So I look for something thin, enough to look natural at that scale, edges that are finished cleanly, without adding bulk.  Usually something simple, black or white.  Nothing too kinky or lingerie-ish.  And reasonably priced.  It's a detail that's mostly not even seen, so I don't want to spend a ton on it, but it's something I need for most figures I do, so I'd like to find a renewable resource for it that won't add an unreasonable amount of money to every build I do.  I've tried sewing them myself a few times, but I'm never really happy with the results, and I think it's one of those cases where my skills just can't rise to factory produced quality.

I recently bought 1 of just about every decent looking pair I could find on AliExpress, and all but 2 options failed to live up to these standards.  $7 each is the best price I could find for something I'm happy with, which is more than I want to spend, but that's apparently the price you pay to be a perfectionist.

So there you have it.  Reassurances that Yukio will in fact have overpriced underwear, my admitted underwear obsession, and my latest 1/6 purchase, all in 1 post.

http://reverendspooky.com

25Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:53 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky, I’ve bought a few pieces like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-Female-Clothing-Accessories-Briefs-Underwear-Set-For-12-Phicen-Body/152941776911?_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20170105155410%26meid%3D4ae3f266c4274acda096ea249aeba820%26pid%3D100705%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26%26itm%3D152941776911&_trksid=p2045573.c100705.m4780

With and without the frills.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 C8485110

26Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:15 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:ReverendSpooky, I’ve bought a few pieces like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-Female-Clothing-Accessories-Briefs-Underwear-Set-For-12-Phicen-Body/152941776911?_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20170105155410%26meid%3D4ae3f266c4274acda096ea249aeba820%26pid%3D100705%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26%26itm%3D152941776911&_trksid=p2045573.c100705.m4780

With and without the frills.

Still a bit more going on than I was looking for, and about the same price.  but I appreciate the suggestion.

For anyone curious what underwear passes ReverendSpooky's intense selection process:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-6-Scale-Female-Action-Figures-White-Underwear-Models-for-12-Inches-Figures-Bodies-Accessories/32828593085.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.08gh2D

These also get a pass, although more money for additional bikini bits I don't need:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrivals-1-6-Female-Underwear-Sexy-Bikini-Swimsuit-Clothing-Set-Action-Figure-Toys-Body-Clothes/32795084013.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.eoT9KU

The bows come off really easily, since simple is usually key.

27Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That first link is similar to the ones I was suggesting. I think they are from the same maker. They also make some that are plain (no bows, etc.). I have several of the plain ones, because like you, I just don’t feel right putting my ladies in short skirts without a semblance of modesty.

28Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:59 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sideshow's Jawa 2-pack. (Damn you, scalawag!!! I blame you.) tongue

29Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:27 am

highwayman57

highwayman57
I bought all three of the Fewture/DID "Fringe" TV series figures (Walter Bishop, Peter Bishop, Olivia Dunham) on eBay; I loved that show!

David

30Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:47 am

MarkEl

Found a NIB DAM 78011 1/6 DEVGRU Operation Neptune Spear GERONIMO well below market rate on eBay auction. It’s in the tracked post, so let’s hope it’s all legit. Seller didn’t do himself any favours by not listing the full product name or product number. It was probably missed by most the people looking out for this item. Always surprising when sellers don’t take the time. It’s all right on the product box.

31Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:17 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
Another purchase for me; I just bought the Go Hero/Phicen Wilma Deering figure on eBay! It will look good next to my Buck Rogers!

David

32Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
highwayman57 wrote:Another purchase for me; I just bought the Go Hero/Phicen Wilma Deering figure on eBay! It will look good next to my Buck Rogers!

David

That's awesome. Congrats. I was lucky enough to snag the HS loose a couple years ago, and now she's my Supergirl bash.

edit (I forgot, she's on a jointed body). No worries, or I was going to warn you to be careful.

33Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:34 am

dadrab

dadrab
highwayman57 wrote:Another purchase for me; I just bought the Go Hero/Phicen Wilma Deering figure on eBay! It will look good next to my Buck Rogers!

David

Good on you. I was tempted by that figure for a long time, but since I don't have much non-cartoon sci-fi stuff I couldn't justify it. Probably should have done it anyway. alien

34Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:01 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
I've been buying again; I bought the Hot Toys Deadpool figure, which cost a pretty penny!

David

35Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:18 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a good find, David. But, aren’t they making a new one from DP2?

I just broke down and purchased Sideshow’s comic version of Ghost Rider with another coupon and free shipping.

36Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:35 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s a good find, David. But, aren’t they making a new one from DP2?

Yup, I reckon that Hot Toys is feverishly working on a second Deadpool as I write this, but I prefer not to wait until that one is ready.

David

37Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:39 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I get that. I held off getting the first one, hoping they’ll make one with and without the mask. (And a Morena Baccarin to go with him Twisted Evil )

38Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:58 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:I get that. I held off getting the first one, hoping they’ll make one with and without the mask. (And a Morena Baccarin to go with him Twisted Evil )

I second this idea! Was it just me or was she extra adorable in Deadpool? Really surprised we haven't at least seen an unlicensed head sculpt of her yet.

39Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:24 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I get that. I held off getting the first one, hoping they’ll make one with and without the mask. (And a Morena Baccarin to go with him Twisted Evil )

I second this idea!  Was it just me or was she extra adorable in Deadpool?  Really surprised we haven't at least seen an unlicensed head sculpt of her yet.  

I know right? Once I saw Firefly, I told my wife she's on "My List". And on DP... whoo, yeah. Smokin' Hot! You'd think with her being on 3 different genre TV shows, and in the DP movies it would be a given that someone would make a HS of her.

40Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:28 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
I made another 1:6 purchase, but it's not an action figure, it's a Garage Kit of Rawhead Rex, from the movie of the same name.

David

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 061MM15_Rawhead-Rex-Dark-One

41Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:17 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Very cool. I like the look of him a lot...although the boy could do with a visit to the orthodontist. Very Happy

42Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:44 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
Yeah, I like the look of him too. In my opinion, I believe the monster make-up is the best part of the movie. I've wanted one of these kits for nearly 20 years, ever since I saw a photo of it in a Garage Kit book. Luckily, Monsters in Motion recently just cast a limited number of the kits, and I got one for $99.99 plus Priority Mail shipping.

David

43Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:07 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
highwayman57 wrote:I made another 1:6 purchase, but it's not an action figure, it's a Garage Kit of Rawhead Rex, from the movie of the same name.

David

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 061MM15_Rawhead-Rex-Dark-One

--

That is awesome David!

Very cool score!

44Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:32 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
DeltaForceChung wrote:
highwayman57 wrote:I made another 1:6 purchase, but it's not an action figure, it's a Garage Kit of Rawhead Rex, from the movie of the same name.

David

--

That is awesome David!

Very cool score!

Thanks, Chung, I'm thrilled to have it! I met the sculptor, Shawn Nagle, several years ago at a Chiller Theatre convention in New Jersey, where I talked to him about his sculpts.

David

45Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:30 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
I bought some loose parts from World of One Sixth and Black Ops Toys. And another HT Deadpool figure.

David

46Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:45 am

blackpool

blackpool
I was weak on my side, I just saw infinity war on wednesday night, and I immediately ordered the starlord figure from hot toys lol... And I think I need dr Strange too now (hopefully I couldn't find him lmao)

47Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:50 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:I was weak on my side, I just saw infinity war on wednesday night, and I immediately ordered the starlord figure from hot toys lol... And I think I need dr Strange too now (hopefully I couldn't find him lmao)

I take it you liked the movie and Star-Lord in it! Is this Star-Lord 2.0 (GOTG 2) or a third version? I look forward to the movie, maybe tonight. After a couple of days of buying nothing of note, I was really really bad yesterday. First the snooker set (worse: it turned out to be a preorder), then the sweet but not perfectly proportioned Sideshow speeder bike re-release (I justified that splurge by noticing I had a bunch of Sideshow rewards that I hadn't used up yet). And I had been so good lately... oh well.

48Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:31 am

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
well i recently got natalia's head, and soon plan to get the full Nachschol set. other than that, i also got a 1/64 crown firecoach as well.

49Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:54 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Kukolka wrote:Oh my, that Majestic Crusader armour!~ I love you

My latest purchase is wood chairs and end tables for the guild hall. Maybe reusable for two guild halls by changing banners and other décor.

And he arrived last week.  :}
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 39569291750_46a3c8754c
Portrait: Soldier Story Special Duties Unit Assault Leader by Kukolka, on Flickr

Superior head sculpt! I really like this!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 40]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum