OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 40]

276discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:35 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Man, yesterday was like Christmas. Four POs from Timewalker arrived yesterday: the Cat Toys Flower Fairie (aka Tinkerbell) costume for the S26A body, Sideshow’s Mythos Boba Fett, ThreeZero’s Tyrion Lannister (season 7), and TBL’s Anubis. I just finished putting Tinkerbell together — very cute, but a bit of a pain. Will post pics tomorrow.

You got Anubis? I thought... well, doesn't matter now. But THIS might be awkward... Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

277discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:49 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Haha! Poor headless Anubis. Yes, I had POd him with the intent of seeing if I couldn’t get a larger head made for it — or, worse case scenario, making one myself.

278discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:09 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Haha! Poor headless Anubis. Yes, I had POd him with the intent of seeing if I couldn’t get a larger head made for it — or, worse case scenario, making one myself.

I am looking into changing the head to look more authentic (Egyptian). Next step was the Green stuff that gave Sky so much trouble... but in the meantime this is how far I had gotten, getting rid of the Egyptianizing fake stuff.

279discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:05 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I guess today was second Christmas here... these two arrived, among other, smaller stuff.

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Tyrlog10

I'm sure Michael Crawford will give Tyrion a thorough review; he looks awesome; and he comes in a more compact box (I'm almost offended for his sake), but it's sweet. I will review ADD War Wolves, the "muscular version," presently.

280discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:06 am

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:I will review ADD War Wolves, the "muscular version," presently.
That Wolverine body looks amazing. Would love to know whether it poses well, too. I seem to remember looking into it and finding a few disappointed reviews. Not sure it's the same make though.

281discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:39 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice grabs, Guv. My Tyrion won’t be representing GOT — I got Peter for a completely different reason. Wink

He who dies with the most toys wins!

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 C8485110

282discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:25 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I'm rather drooling over that Wolverine.... ;P

Can't comment on the Tyrion, since my main view of the character is from the books, not the show. But he does look good as a figure. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

283discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:05 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
AerynDiana wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:I will review ADD War Wolves, the "muscular version," presently.
That Wolverine body looks amazing. Would love to know whether it poses well, too. I seem to remember looking into it and finding a few disappointed reviews. Not sure it's the same make though.

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice grabs, Guv. My Tyrion won’t be representing GOT — I got Peter for a completely different reason. Wink

skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, I'm rather drooling over that Wolverine.... ;P

Thanks all. I keep having to remind myself that now is the "First Quarter of 2020" and that's why it's raining sixth scale action figures. The ADD War Wolves "muscle version" looks very good and seems to have decent articulation, but it not perfect (in short, my biggest problem -- getting it to stand on its own is very difficult). Diana, I had been looking for reviews (in part to see whether it has seen the light of day) and found nothing. But I will make one. Peter has been in great stuff, even if he is known as Tyrion to most, so I can't exactly blame you if you are thinking of "playing him" as another character, Mark.

284discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Stuff I've bought lately Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:16 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Okay: Warning: The stuff in the photos is AMONG my latest purchases. As I mostly buy bits and pieces to kitbash figures to my own taste, there's a lot of stuff I buy that wouldn't make into photos on their own, but once they've been mated up with a figure, that's another matter.  What you will see here is just a small fraction of what's come my way in the last few months, most of it from either Monkey Depot or Giantoy.

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 49508733576_2e9ccfed55_c20200208_0081 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

In this photo, we have a Feel Wo Toys vintage gas pump.  Since my post apocalyptic collection focuses around the oil drilling part of New Mexico and maintaining fuel production is critical, the vintage gas pump seemed like a natural choice of things to get. It's a good crossover item for the other collection I plan on building which will be WWII era.  The figure next to it and the head sculpt are also both new. The figure is an S23B suntan body and the head sculpt a Kimi Toys KT005, both from Giantoy.  Her top is relatively new also, and most of you will probably recognize it as an Ace Toys half sleeve crop blouse from one of their Vietnam sets.

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 49508345757_37b4df991f_c20200208_0095 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 49508345677_dfee0f7d30_c20200208_0097 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 49508124511_0cf5a6f548_c20200208_0103 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Next wee see a Super Duck SDH018B head sculpt and a Fire Girl FG069 bra and panties on the same TBLeague S22A body I currently use for Erika von Stroheim. Clearly, I do not have enough bodies for all the clothing items I have and need to get more bodies.

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 49508957922_11dc97b250_c20200208_0138 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 49508957812_73e87f374f_c20200208_0142 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 49508733446_9ebf3d08a0_c20200208_0143 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

To emphasize the point that I need more bodies, we now see the aforementioned Super Duck head on the same body, but now dress in a SMcG customs top, with the shorts parted out from the TBLeague Nancy in Hell set.  The 12-guauge is from Battlegear Toys.  I rather like this combination.  The SMcG set came with shorts also, but I liked the TBLeague ones better and my most probable use for the head sculpt will be to go with this ensemble, though I think she needs a cowboy hat and maybe a pistol also.  Cowboy boots also, I think, though I also like the look of the boots she has on now, which are Erika von Stroheim's.  

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 49508026538_c0190862ae_c20200208_0133 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

We close with a shot of Kamiko and her prized vintage 7.65mm Walther PPK, complete with Brausch silencer. Kamiko always keeps the PPK handy, though she is very coy and evasive when asked about it's provenance. It's been noticed that the gun has no serial numbers;  they were not removed, but rather, were never there in the first place. This leads to speculation that Kamiko might have once been an operative of one the supposedly non-existent Japanese secret service. Her friends Gogo and Miyori of course know where the pistol comes from, but when asked, they just shrug and say "You have to ask Kamiko."

285discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:26 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A bunch of nice acquisitions, and you are already putting them to good use. Well done. How is the gas pump, by the way. I have something similar from Hobby Lobby, but it is a purely decorative piece.

286discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:34 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:A bunch of nice acquisitions, and you are already putting them to good use. Well done. How is the gas pump, by the way. I have something similar from Hobby Lobby, but it is a purely decorative piece.

Thanks. It's just s fraction of the stuff that's been coming in. The gas pump is very nicel has a glow-inithe dark panel and an zLED in the globe with space for 2 A batteries in the base. The negative side, it's fragile. Mine arrived damaged but it's my fault. Monkey Depot contacted me when it arrived (it was a pre-order) and warned me that the box was much larger than they had anticipated. So I was offered the choice of paying a lot of extra shipping to have it shipped in the original box and packaging, or Monkey Dep could repackage it as best they could in a smaller box. I chose the latter and when it arrived bith the base and the globe had broken off. I managed to fix both without too much difficulty though. A lesson learned.

287discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:03 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yikes. Sorry to hear about the breakage, and glad you were able to fix it. I was eyeing one of those gas pumps, myself — but I really only had one or two photos in mind for it, so I passed. Nice grabs, though.

288discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:14 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Yikes. Sorry to hear about the breakage, and glad you were able to fix it. I was eyeing one of those gas pumps, myself — but I really only had one or two photos in mind for it, so I passed. Nice grabs, though.

It's kind of a specialized item, so not for everyone. I'll be using it to shoot pin-ups.....lots of pin-ups

289discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:25 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Yikes. Sorry to hear about the breakage, and glad you were able to fix it. I was eyeing one of those gas pumps, myself — but I really only had one or two photos in mind for it, so I passed. Nice grabs, though.

It's kind of a specialized item, so not for everyone. I'll be using it to shoot pin-ups.....lots of pin-ups

Yeah, that’s kind of where my mind went — as it reminded me of some of the pin-up art of Gil Elvgren (my favorite of that genre).

290discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:28 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Yeah, that’s kind of where my mind went — as it reminded me of some of the pin-up art of Gil Elvgren (my favorite of that genre).

Gil Elvgren's work was great, though my faves are Alberto Vargas and Fritz Willis. Vargas of course, is the primus inter pares of the genre.

291discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:32 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking figures Stryker2011, blackpool, GubernatorFan and ThePhotogsBlog.

For the past few months I received ACPLAY Lightning Warrior (Lady Thor) she will be the the newest recruit to Wonder Woman's F-Force Team. I still need to get her a
TBLeague S10D Body.

Verycool Cat Woman set, I still need find her a TBLeague -S21B body, possibly a playmate for DC's Catwoman? LOL

And Flirty Girl Cosplay Clothing Set (Version 2.0) in Red and White for the New Psi Core Team Emma Frost and Scarlet Witch. I already have the HS for Emma Frost it's called CN MT Blonde Hair Charlize Theron and I'm planning to get the TBLeague S23B bodies for them.

292discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:09 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Great looking figures Stryker2011, blackpool, GubernatorFan and ThePhotogsBlog.

For the past few months I received ACPLAY Lightning Warrior (Lady Thor) she will be the the newest recruit to Wonder Woman's F-Force Team. I still need to get her a
TBLeague S10D Body.

Verycool Cat Woman set, I still need find her a TBLeague -S21B body, possibly a playmate for DC's Catwoman? LOL

And Flirty Girl Cosplay Clothing Set Red and White for the New Psi Core Team Emma Frost and Scarlet Witch.
 I already have the HS for Emma Frost it's called CN MT Blonde Hair Charlize Theron and I'm planning to get the TBLeague S23B bodies for them.

Sounds like a good haul. Looking forward to seeing them. I’m still waiting on the VC Cat Woman set myself. Which outfit is the Flirty Girl red and white?

293discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:08 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Stryker2011 wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Great looking figures Stryker2011, blackpool, GubernatorFan and ThePhotogsBlog.

TBLeague S10D Body.

And Flirty Girl Cosplay Clothing Set Red and White for the New Psi Core Team Emma Frost and Scarlet Witch.
 I already have the HS for Emma Frost it's called CN MT Blonde Hair Charlize Theron and I'm planning to get the TBLeague S23B bodies for them.

Sounds like a good haul. Looking forward to seeing them. I’m still waiting on the VC Cat Woman set myself. Which outfit is the Flirty Girl red and white?

Thanks, I'll try to post photos when I can, from what I can tell the VC Cat Woman set looks really good and I'm really liking her HS.

My apologies I meant the red outfit for Scarlet Witch and the white one for Emma Frost, its the 2.0/ Female Clothing set 2.0.

294discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:12 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:

TBLeague S10D Body.

I haven't gotten my VC Cat Woman/Black Cat either. I ordered it from Hobby Galaxy and they reassured me it is still coming. I was worried because a lot of retail sites already got this in months ago. I have a body all ready for it. Going to change a few thing though. You know me....

295discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:17 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think a lot of things are delayed at the moment due to the virus pandemic having closed a lot of factories and/or kept retailers closed longer than normal. I realize that the Black Cat was already supposed to be out a while ago, but if for some reason they were doing a second run on it to fill some of the orders, or if some of the retailers who were importing it still hadn't got their's in yet, it might be due to either production delays or just simply a backlog of shipping. Already, things get delayed around this time of year due to Lunar New Year, but then add the pandemic issue and I guess it's understandable things are really slow atm. I do understand being concerned though, and hope yours arrives soon! : )

296discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:44 am

blackpool

blackpool
I was pretty weak on my side, couldn't resist an offer from a fellow french collector getting rid of his 1985 Marty McFly (he recently grabbed the back to the future II version!) I got it hand to hand around a coffee, the figure is pretty awesome, the specific body, the tailoring, the accessories, it's all veeeery cool!

BUT, that's where the problems started, Marty cannot go anywhere without the precious Doc Brown, no need to say I ordered the old mad scientist and just received him from Machinegun.fr yesterday!

Pictures to come soon!

297discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:46 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aw, excellent, looking forward to it!

298discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:47 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Now you need to look out for a DeLorean.

299discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:59 am

blackpool

blackpool
I'll photoshop the time machine sadly, neither do I have the money or the room to welcome that beast home (last time I checked she was around 1400€ without the shipping which would surely be as insane, I prefer to spend the same amount through several years and get 7 to 10 cool figures instead)

300discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:16 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool grabs. Looking forward to seeing your photos of what you can do with them.

Edit: Dammit! Why does auto-correct put in words that aren’t even close to what you were typing?! Whoever created auto-correct needs to be eaten by wolves.

301discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:09 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Just ordered three female head sculpts from three different sources:

The first two are GACToys, and the last one is from the TBLeague Arhian, City of Horrors figure (I already know what I'm going to use the first two for -- can you guess what they will end up being? -- but the Arhian, I have no idea yet).

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 84433510
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 S-l16117
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Scree533

302discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:29 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Are you at the point where you are ready to attempt a depiction of your lady wife? Smile

303discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:04 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Are you at the point where you are ready to attempt a depiction of your lady wife? Smile

Unfortunately, no. I’m still waiting on the sculptor to finish Jessica/Jenny Agutter — they should be shipping out to me soon — and then he’ll probably be working on a couple other things before starting on the head for The Wife — the process for the Logan’s Run sculpts has been a 3-year commitment, so don’t expect anything anytime soon, I’m afraid.

304discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 12 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:14 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Forgive me for drawing a bit of a blank, I’m ridiculously exhausted tonight ... I recall you saying something about Planet of the Apes characters, but not sure if you’re actively working on those yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum