OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 40]

501Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:52 pm

Xavion2004

This was a bit of a surprise when it showed up on eBay.  I didn’t know that Super Duck had made any Chun-Li sets, much less this version.  The original owner had her on a 23B.  I moved her to a 21B which is what the outfit was tailored for.  I’m absolutely loving this one.  I’ve come close to buying the Storm Collectibles version several times.  Now I’m glad I held off.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 D7492-EC9-9564-4-FE5-B884-7-D0-CDF7-C5-B81

502Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:47 pm

Seven Pillars

Xavion2004 wrote:This was a bit of a surprise when it showed up on eBay.  I didn’t know that Super Duck had made any Chun-Li sets, much less this version.  The original owner had her on a 23B.  I moved her to a 21B which is what the outfit was tailored for.  I’m absolutely loving this one.  I’ve come close to buying the Storm Collectibles version several times.  Now I’m glad I held off.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 D7492-EC9-9564-4-FE5-B884-7-D0-CDF7-C5-B81

Are you going to try tying her hair up into the buns? Very Happy. Congrats on finally getting your Jill Valentine btw. Now it's my turn to get stuck in the Far East. Bought a samurai sword set from TNS on the 17th last month and it's gone on Covid-hold Sad.

And international shipping over here is still a no-go so...

503Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:44 am

Xavion2004

Seven Pillars wrote:
Are you going to try tying her hair up into the buns? Very Happy. Congrats on finally getting your Jill Valentine btw. Now it's my turn to get stuck in the Far East. Bought a samurai sword set from TNS on the 17th last month and it's gone on Covid-hold Sad.

Very Happy No buns for this one, but Super Duck also made a SET014 of her classic buns and cheongsam look in both blue and pink, so if I run across them, I’m sure I’ll pick them up.

Ah, Jill. So typical of our hobby. I really like her, and I’m glad I got her, but all of that angst and impatience waiting for her to arrive, and now l’m like “Oh, that was SO last month. Where the hell’s my VS Toys Tifa and replacement shirt for Ada Wong?!?” Razz

That sucks on your samurai sword set. What does “COVID-Hold” even mean? They’re just not moving any non-essential mail right now?

It’s starting to become an issue here in States again with the Delta Variant. We were supposed to return to my company’s office September 7th, but we’re expecting an announcement any day pushing that date back, maybe even to 2022.

504Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:21 pm

Seven Pillars

Xavion2004 wrote:
Seven Pillars wrote:

Very Happy  No buns for this one, but Super Duck also made a SET014 of her classic buns and cheongsam look in both blue and pink, so if I run across them, I’m sure I’ll pick them up.

Ah, Jill.  So typical of our hobby.  I really like her, and I’m glad I got her, but all of that angst and impatience waiting for her to arrive, and now l’m like “Oh, that was SO last month.   Where the hell’s my VS Toys Tifa and replacement shirt for Ada Wong?!?”  Razz

That sucks on your samurai sword set.  What does “COVID-Hold” even mean?   They’re just not moving any non-essential mail right now?

It’s starting to become an issue here in States again with the Delta Variant.   We were supposed to return to my company’s office September 7th, but we’re expecting an announcement any day pushing that date back, maybe even to 2022.

This is the reply from TNS when I asked them about it: "Hi the normal shipping service is still suspending (sic) at the moment, so we will have to hold the stock until the shipping service resumed normal. thanks". The funny thing is I'm buying lots of stuff indirectly from China and those come through, albeit slowly, but they do move. So I've no idea why TNS isn't moving as well. I hope it's not a case of the set not being in stock and them using Covid as an excuse for the delay. First time buying from TNS so I don't know their reputation. The Delta thing has been rampaging over here for a while now. Remember I told you about the extension on the shut-down? That's Delta. We caught it very early. It's rotten to hear it's worked its way over there too.

Your Jill experience is on the nose, now that you've mentioned it. It's always the 'next shiny thing', isn't it? I've recently started to deal with it by delaying pre-ordering something I immediately want by two weeks and see if I still have the itch after that. So far I haven't put in any new pre-orders, seems to be working for me. Once the initial shine is off I can decide more clearly and in each of the three cases I was like "I don't really want it". I realised it was only certain parts that caught my attention and not the whole set. And those parts I don't have to have after coming down from the first attraction.

It's the same with in-stock sets too. Damtoys put out the EXTREMEZONE Samurai Sakifuji Craig and it was on two local sites for a few days and then sold out - yeah, I'm on a bit of a samurai kick atm Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 1f604. I picked up the head-sculpt, duffel bag and hand sets as loose parts and am satisfied. Those are the only parts I wanted from the set, not the whole thing. Now that the set's gone I don't feel any regret of not getting it, certainly not the gotta-have-it I felt for the Jenner twins.

Anyway I've gone and bought a 1/35th scale Panzer IV plastic model kit from Ryefield Models "with full interior & clear parts & workable track links". I used to fix these things in my school days and felt nostalgic, I guess. It'll keep my free time tied up for the next three weeks at least so another way to keep away from 1/6 stuff lol! As you know 1/6 is more expensive for me with the exchange rate as it is.

505Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Unboxing Tracy Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:55 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
Some weeks ago I purchased 'Darkzone Agent Tracy', published by Virtual Toys, on ebay. I love the computer games Division 1 and 2, so it was no question to collect the 1/6-figure that seem to be pretty rare.
The followings pics document the unboxing. It is a nice figure with a lot of accessories in the box. The disadvantages of these kind of figures are well known: The legs are very thin and their movement is limited.
Maybe someday I find the male counterpart of the figure.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51365846219_e48a779e1f_z1 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51366122410_73706222b4_z2

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51365333303_0d9aec6640_z3 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51364352367_2bccb3b7c6_z4

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51365332888_2a4a59b71f_z5 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51366121945_2498611baa_z6

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51365332733_078129980d_z7 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51366121565_e98134dcb1_z8

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51365332433_82701081eb_z9 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51365845014_b79c0a6c13_z10

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51365331883_1b75e0312a_z11 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51364350902_c7f549e88a_z12

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51366121050_2214faf9ba_z13

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51364351097_8d5ae76de4_z14

506Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:14 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the fun photos. The penultimate one is my favorite. Smile

507Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:09 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Nice figure, but a little light on the accessories.

508Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:57 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very nice!

509Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:42 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I don’t seem to be very happy with many of my recent purchases, and I’m really not sure why.

I do a lot of research and window shopping before deciding what character and more importantly, what version I want to buy.  The figures themselves have been as advertised (not withstanding my well documented struggles with putting them together), so that’s not the issue.

My last three:

Super Duck SET016 in black outfit.  I paid $215 shipped on eBay.  I actually love this one, but the original owner had her on a S23 (which I knew before making the purchase).  I moved her to a S21 which was a perfect fit, but that cost me another $75, and now I have a S23 lying around unused.

VS Toys “Locomotive Girl” Ada Wong (RE 6 version with YM head sculpt.  She came in just under $200 between the costume set, the head sculpt, and the S12D body.   Popped the snaps on the shirt trying to get it on the body, had to order a replacement from China for another $17.  Looks great in and of itself, but I’m not getting an Ada vibe from her and have started wondering if I should have gone with a different set/head sculpt (which also means a different body).

VS Toys Tifa.  I thought I really wanted this one, but my the time she arrived, I had grown to love my Super Duck version, and she just couldn’t  compare.  I probably should have gone straight to eBay, but  ended up  parting her out, giving some of her gear to the Super Duck version, setting aside the S10D body for the Super Duck Chun-Li set 014 in pink that should be arriving this week, and saving the rest for future use.  At some point, I’d like to get the purple dress that came with the War Story version, and at least I’ll have a Tifa head to go with it.  I’ll just need a body unless I can use one that I’ve already got.

Anyway, the point is that I’m wasting a lot of money by missing the  “Get it right the first time” mark, and I need to figure that out pronto.  In the meantime, I’m instituting a buying moratorium.

Collecting plastic  1/12 figures is so much easier.  You get what you get and you don’t get upset.  There’s not a myriad of costume sets, head sculpts, and base bodies to chose from.

510Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:09 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Here’s the Chun-Li Super.Duck SUD-SET014B I mentioned in my last post. She comes with a swim suit (I guess that’s an alternate skin you can choose in the game?) and the pink variant on her classic look. I’m really liking these Super Duck sets.

These pics are post arm “repair”.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 5b4d4f10

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 6add0310

511Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:39 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
Xavion2004 wrote:I don’t seem to be very happy with many of my recent purchases, and I’m really not sure why.

Maybe you could post some pics of the mentioned figures/sets. I also own the VSToys Set Locomotive Girl and i am quite happy with it.

512Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:13 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
The Locomotive Girl set has grown on me.  I’m just waiting for my replacement shirt to arrive, and then I may have to get another S12D body since I used the one I had the locomotive set on for Chun-Li.  What body and head sculpt did you use for yours?

513Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:01 pm

ElBundy

ElBundy
Xavion2004 wrote:What body and head sculpt did you use for yours?
In fact I don't remember the type of body anymore. Suntan tone of course. S12D sounds reasonable. I know that the head sculpt doesn't resemble the figure of Ada Wong in the game or film but i couldn't care less.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51386169830_aa672878b5_z1 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51386169780_c907e6a255_z2

514Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Lady Action Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:13 pm

ElBundy

ElBundy
Today i purchased this figure on ebay. It is called Lady Action. It is a seamless figure published by Phicen in 2014. I don't know the story behind the figure. Some of the accessories look a little bit weird, like the strange pirate sword/dagger or the cheap looking plastic belt.
I think I will soon kitbash this set.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51385412443_ef0574b373_z1 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51386169660_2bd672eb28_z2

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51386169615_bbd3ccbaff_z3 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51384404052_94e5b524e7_z4

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 51384404027_646e7e7fd6_z5

515Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:40 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I’ve seen that Lady Action figure a few times in my eBay travels. It’s based on Captain Action which was a male action figure that you could buy clothing sets for to turn him into other popular heroes.

Your Locomotive set looks great! My replacement shirt arrives tomorrow. I’ve got the MT Toys Ada head sculpt on the way, so I’m going to give that one a try and see which one I like best…that one, or the YM Toys version.

I’ll be the first one to admit that a lot of my figure problems have been due to “user error”.

516Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:53 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great pic up with Lady Action! she looks amazing!

517Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:21 am

Diana

Diana
ElBundy, you have lots of purchases that have my hand twitching towards Ebay... Very nice choices!

Xavion, love your choices, too! (Though I don't care for Chun Li. Smile) A little shout out to the Black Widow, the commanders and Nancy! Smile
Jill and Tifa look great. I can see why SD Tifa has grown on you. I hope the 1/12 version will make me as happy, even if the head, which initially looked to disappoint in the 1/6 thread, probably won't be able to match it. I like that it doesn't have the usual doll-shape. I fear in 1/12 if does.

Jill does seem to fade away next to her, but she is a beautiful figure. Just the design of the character itself is simply less splashy, which I appreciate.

518Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:22 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
This one is a Super Duck SDH022C head, a S12D body, and the clothing is from the Cat Toys CT-013 (Red Variant) set which is Asuka Kazama from Tekken.

She’s the product of a few failed projects which is why I’m somewhat proud of her.  A looked at what I had lying around and basically told myself   “Stop trying to find/buy things that you hope will work and MAKE it work with what you have.”  So I moved the head from the S10D it was intended for to a properly matched S12D, used my Dremel for the first time in ages to hollow out the head so that it would sit at the proper height, put the outfit on, and what had been a frustrating waste of money suddenly became something I really liked.  I know most of you do this all the time, but taking a Dremel to a figure was a big step for me.  Razz

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 42324110

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 157e7b10

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 899ee410

519Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:59 pm

davidd

davidd
Xavion2004 wrote:I looked at what I had lying around and basically told myself   “Stop trying to find/buy things that you hope will work and MAKE it work with what you have.”

That is a superb figure! Very pretty and athletic looking, and the clothing and accessories are a perfect fit. Great match of the head sculpt to the body, both in size and color. This figure looks like something that would come as a boxed set! Nice work!

There is much wisdom in what you say! I might have been better off had I read this a few hours ago, before... Embarassed ... placing an order for a couple more figure bodies that I wanted but do not really need. A serious rummage through my disorganized bins of parts and figures might very well reveal some forgotten treasures. Nothing as cute as what you've put together here, though. Again, nice work!

520Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:22 pm

davidd

davidd
ElBundy wrote:Today i purchased this figure on ebay. It is called Lady Action.

Shocked  You got the Phicen Lady Action! Coooool! Nice score! Complete with box and everything!

Captain Action was an action figure originally created by the IDEAL Toy Company in the mid-1960s to compete with Hasbro's GI Joe. The original line only lasted two or three years before disappearing. Several attempts have been made to resurrect Captain Action, including a series of figures by Playing Mantis in 1999 fairly accurately replicating the originals, and an attempt with redesigned figures by Round2 Toys in 2011.

Ownership of the Captain Action copyright has passed through a number of entities over the decades. The current owner, a company called Rockwell, used to host a Captain Action website. The site has not been updated in several years:  http://www.captainaction.com/

Lady Action is a relatively recent spin-off character (created circa 2014-2015) based on the original Captain Action figures and character.

http://www.captainaction.com/characters/lady-action/

Lady Action appeared in comic books, in both illustrated and photo-illustrated (with human models) form, and in at least two action figure incarnations: the 1/6 scale TBLeague version and a 16-inch version from Tonner Dolls.

That's a nice figure and a fun character! Good find!

Oh, and, the "strange pirate sword" is a throwback to the serrated knife carried by the original IDEAL Toys Captain Action back in the 1960s.

521Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:57 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She came out very well, Xavion. And the Super Duck sculpt works very well for her, or perhaps it is just better than usual (I generally can't get excited about them). So she is not exactly a purchase but a kitbash. And I'd say a success. Smile

522Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:06 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Thanks, guys!  This figure gave me a much needed 1/6 boost.  I was just about ready to start a “Your Latest Failed Purchase” thread.   Laughing

I think I’ll name her Koharu Kazama.  I’m still in the process of putting together an “official” Asuka.

523Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:07 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
very cool

524Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:11 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Great looking figure

525Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:16 am

Saturn

Saturn
It's very well done!

526Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:18 am

davidd

davidd
As for latest purchases: TBLeague S44 and S45 on the way.
I'm looking forward to comparing them to the S26/27.

527Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:39 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I have no experience with the later bodies.   Everything I have is either S10D/S12D, S16A/S17B, or S22A/S22B.  I do have one S07C that was recommended for the Super Duck Nico Robin set, and I only took a few minutes to appreciate why the older bodies with seamless feet are despised.

In my fantasy world, I would build up a stock of every body released and replace them as I use them so that I always had the best match. Razz

528Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:17 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Xavion2004 wrote:Here’s the Chun-Li Super.Duck SUD-SET014B I mentioned in my last post.  She comes with a swim suit (I guess that’s an alternate skin you can choose in the game?) and the pink variant on her classic look.  I’m really liking these Super Duck sets.  

These pics are post arm “repair”.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 5b4d4f10

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 6add0310

I like the Chun-Li portrait.
The body could use much larger thighs.
Is this available in blue?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

529Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:28 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
ukshaun wrote:
I like the Chun-Li portrait.
The body could use much larger thighs.
Is this available in blue?

I think she was still on a S10D when I took those pics. I have her on a S23B now which helps a bit with the thighs:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 21 A69f4c10

It is available in blue, but they are very hard to find. I found this one by accident at U.S. online retailer a few weeks ago that rarely sells third party 1/6. That’s probably the only reason it was still there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum