OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal..

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 12]

PureEnergy

You know, I am not especially fond of the Predator films, but that’s a non-issue here; all that is required to sincerely appreciate these builds is a sense for the creativity, quality, and resourcefulness that you’ve put into them.  

Fantastic artistry, brother.

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:
Nice! Word of warning though, some of those Character bodies can go very floppy, had that happen to my Doc, so much so he became unusable.

CHEERS!

I know, you tell me every time I use one and I've used at least fifty!! Laughing Wink I'll stiffen the joints up with 'o' rings or nail polish if needed.

henchman21 wrote:Wow... that's a really awesome build Smile.
And as for OSW, been locked out since July, tech guys won't even reply to emails

Thanks HM!
Yup the new owners are dicks! I've got 10 years of constant work on there Evil or Very Mad .

PureEnergy wrote:You know, I am not especially fond of the Predator films, but that’s a non-issue here; all that is required to sincerely appreciate these builds is a sense for the creativity, quality, and resourcefulness that you’ve put into them.  

Fantastic artistry, brother.

Thank you very much PE! I do my best with what I have stored away which is quite a lot to be fair! Twisted Evil

Rogerbee

Founding Father
I guess, but, the joints on this one might be harder to get to under all that skin. The armour will add weight on them too. I'm sure you'll find a way to make things work though.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:I guess, but, the joints on this one might be harder to get to under all that skin. The armour will add weight on them too. I'm sure you'll find a way to make things work though.

CHEERS!

I understand what you mean and those are legitimate problems, the skin sections are replacing entire limbs not just covering them which makes them 'my' joints at the end of the day...eh.. screws and shims!! Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Assembly and sculpting. I wiped silicone oil on the joints prior to placing and sculpting the miliput so hopefully they wn't get stuck, usually works, drying on the heater now. Modded the elbows to get full range of movement too.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 BeW4nhk

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 JAQDBnK

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 BXX5kcD

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 W66T9x7

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 9C5z0Fx

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 E8A38lK

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 FNPaqZV

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 NNT7wco

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 Han9Q2k

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Fair enough, you're more on top of these things than I am.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Fair enough, you're more on top of these things than I am.

CHEERS!

Well it is literally in my hands.....Wink

Happy new year everyone!

Narrowed his waist and attached textured rubber skin where it will show through the armour. All hinges working properly inc the bicep swivel. Primed every thing black after selecting some gloveless hands the right shape and size (AVP Scar's spare ones, built him so not worried about resale value). Now I have to commit to a colour scheme..

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 FBUPJl9

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 EydEDV9

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 NKgPzu1

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 Tp0Ffnr

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 CrFecvK

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 TYD6cmp

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 N7Hv9TU

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 R4KyJq9

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 RXtNRLw

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

A corset for a Predator! Nice!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good to see it taking on a more and more definite shape.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Good to see it taking on a more and more definite shape.

That’s why I follow along, but generally don’t comment much. I have no idea what I’m looking at most of the time. It’s like going through the workshop of Leatherface, but the outcome (unlike Leatherface’s) is generally brilliant.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
A corset for a Predator! Nice!

CHEERS!

Laughing

Stryker2011 wrote:

That’s why I follow along, but generally don’t comment much. I have no idea what I’m looking at most of the time. It’s like going through the workshop of Leatherface, but the outcome (unlike Leatherface’s) is generally brilliant.

Cheers guys! I was going for a Wolf Predator type body from the 2nd AVP movie but not wanting to spend 200-300gp to get one 2nd hand! You can see the comparisons below of Wolf, mine and the original one. Done a sepea wash and trimmed arms, attached hands; spent most of the day shooting.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 CiX5J81

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 XIi99P3

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 9Vnps2f

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 CH31lS0

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 PvdsRQ5

PureEnergy

Mad guerrilla custom tactics, Chop.

Outstanding progress.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Coming along!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Coming along!

CHEERS!

Cheers!

Over 10 coats of paint and inks later...still need to do the nails and matte clear coat. Head next.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 FxhVeT2

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 VO05A7b

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 USrfVb0

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 0PGNxvW

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 H0VK1VB

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 1QBvQ33

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 6r5cy8d

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 CAWzX7r

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 J7L6oaU

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 ERhltIc

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice paint work, Alex. Looking really good.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Nice,

The good thing with Predators is that the loincloth/hip armour hides any 'diaper crotch' caused by the leg joints.

CHEERS!

PureEnergy

Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:Sumo predator!!

CHEERS!

Hehe, kinda fits! The last thing we need for this bloody Predator is another name though, we've already got mine: Hulk Predator, then there's Mega, Super, Ultra, Assassin did I miss one? scratch  There's probably: Geno, giganto, Rex, Monolithic, giant, gargantuan.... study Laughing

LOL! Don't give them any ideas!

CHEERS!

Apex Predator…  

Smile

Magnificent paint apps and detailing.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree with the others, great paint work.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice paint work, Alex. Looking really good.

Cheers Stryker! The chest and stomach will be covered so I used that area as a test site for dots! Twisted Evil

Rogerbee wrote:Nice,

The good thing with Predators is that the loincloth/hip armour hides any 'diaper crotch' caused by the leg joints.

CHEERS!

He's got an armoured kilt around the back (in the film not on the figure) so I'll just bring that around the front too, this new armour seems 'post leather' guess it went out of fashion? Laughing

PureEnergy wrote:

Apex Predator…  

Smile

good one! Looks like a giant gorilla too if you want to 'double entendre' the title.

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree with the others, great paint work.

Thanks GF! Patience wins again! Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Kong Predator!

Ok!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Done the hs mostly now, just need to lighten it in a couple of places, ink the dredds and use a mix of gloss and matte cc. Made a black net suit from an old trampoline safety net and I'm modding the armour.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 IY06wPo

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 XKw6j3a

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 SKCA7VJ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 8jJrslH

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 GVhnfQg

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 DF72XNr

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 TbfJkZH

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 V3HvZ9r

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 OM2k9Ew

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 GhUdOjg

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 8GaScjD

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 Z7dMde2

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 QJowom2

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 HtKeqpy

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 KzDWWeB

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good!

Tangerine netting used to be good, but, I suppose they don't some packed like that now.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

Tangerine netting used to be good, but, I suppose they don't some packed like that now.

CHEERS!

That's a blast from the past! I think the netting was green or bright orange though, he'd look like  member of Zig Zig Sputnik! Laughing

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 MV5BNTEwOTZlZjEtOTg5Yi00OThmLWI2NjktNTMzZTk5MDgxZGQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_

Took longer than I thought to get the hs where I wanted it but done now, the armour is just on loose as a mock up and he needs a neck!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 Ldb38gy

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 YURYlHl

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 1pU3OPJ

maquette for pattern reference, not sure about it's colour accuracy though, seemed more of a gray green to me in the movie.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 9r3Kdxz

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 BTsuwKd

Well I'm not bloody repainting him! Wink  except for the beads...okay there's a few tweaks I need to do like on his cheek bones, I'm tired now though.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 L0slWXO

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 Xhk4Q8s

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 HrTyc3A

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 BFvUNHa

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 OQwrAR4

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 P7Ls9de

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
More beautiful paint and he looks almost done!

PureEnergy

shovelchop81 wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:

Apex Predator…  

Smile

good one! Looks like a giant gorilla too if you want to 'double entendre' the title.

Funny you should mention that, Chop...  

That particular pun had been difficult to resist.  However, there seemed to exist a sufficient one in the apex Predator notion, itself (not to mention the fact that I often refer to your method as “guerrilla,” LOL).  

I suppose that it all seemed to be a bit too much sugar for a dime…

And speaking of too much sugar for a dime…

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 5 MV5BNTEwOTZlZjEtOTg5Yi00OThmLWI2NjktNTMzZTk5MDgxZGQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_

Wow! Look at all that!  Never mind the hair and the outfits...  Those poses!  Laughing

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
PureEnergy wrote:Wow! Look at all that! Never mind the hair and the outfits... Those poses! Laughing

...and they're all guys!! Laughing The only song I remember them doing was "The Time Warp" from the Rocky Horror Show very appropriately!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:More beautiful paint and he looks almost done!

Cheers GF, a ways to go yet though.. as always! Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Talk about a blast from the past! The netting would have to be painted, but I think it was in scale.

CHEERS!

PureEnergy

shovelchop81 wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:Wow! Look at all that!  Never mind the hair and the outfits...  Those poses!  Laughing

...and they're all guys!! Laughing  The only song I remember them doing was "The Time Warp" from the Rocky Horror Show very appropriately!

"All guys" - well, per se...  

I’ve never seen the RHPS, nor have I ever heard of these guys, but they certainly exemplify that ultra-mod that were the ultimately awesome ‘80s…  

That furtive fellow on the far left, hahaha!  WTH?  What’s he doing with his hands there? LOL.

Then you’ve got the all-business rebel yeller - Billy Idol’s stunt double - while the middle one looks on with utter pride, as if to say, “Yeah, mate, now that’s straddling the line of discord and rhyme...  Smashing!”  

And then there’s the hybrid androgyne in stilettos; one part leopard, two parts clownfish…?  

Finally, you’ve got the leader (he has to be), in the half-shirt, with a jockstrap, LOL - with that pose and an expression that seems to say so matter-of-factly, “We are, indeed, the very flash in the radical pan!”

Ah, the ever-unabashed when awful ‘80s…  

This shall be desktop for the day.  

Many thanks, Chop!  

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum