OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal..

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 12]

shovelchop81

Zipties off (carefully removed so they can be reused) and glue with clamps on, we'll see hhow that holds when cured.
Spent a while pausing the movie to get better reference pics, especially of his weapons and armour, some of them shown below and full of spoilers.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 RuptC6r

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 Ap86hpz

Blade launcher and it's effects on a target

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 0wjBGh6

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 Y5jwsYq

Grapple/harpoon launcher

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 Cp0SlUD

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 V2jmbG7

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 Ctwcnq6

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 EQE7gUM

pop up wrist cannon

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 6Qoa2yK

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 W05D1Td

Barbed grenade launched with a blade

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 Tn5VUHO

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 ReO6e5H

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 BqfjHhm

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 VrzFyhm

Quite effective! This guy's already had his arm cut off, been set on fire with a human incendiary grenade and shot point blank in the head repeatedly which only seems to annoy him, his own grenade makes him a quadriplegic.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 5AuDSWa

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 BVTYvhb

Good silhouette pic and pics of gauntlets and waist armour, skin texture etc..

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 XsqdtHM

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 DH5m20t

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 KvH3I4D

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 FJis18d

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 U2iBcGL

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 TMa65RW

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 WWuFdqx

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 ZEplHP8

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 JL26RAZ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 0wqhgRs

Rogerbee

Founding Father

Reminds me of Hulk Hogan in those pics. Yours is coming together now.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:
Reminds me of Hulk Hogan in those pics. Yours is coming together now.

CHEERS!

LOL, he does!

I'm second guessing his feet now after rewatching the fight scene with him again last night, they actually seem quite small in the movie scratch The MacFarlane ones are quite a bit bigger than the HT ones so thinking about using them; just wish they'd release some official renderings of him! Bloody hard work getting an overall visualisation of him in a fast pace action movie filmed mostly at night, oh yeah and he still has the cloaking invisibility trick too!! pale Built his forearms but questioning his hands now as well..
Thanks to Jazz's heads up I found the HC Toy Scar Predator for £65! He comes with all the weapons including the dagger and extending combi stick. I ordered the helmetless closed mandibles version (there are helmeted and unhelmeted open mandibles versions too) as I have plenty of helmets and will need to make a custom Chopper one anyway.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 2tQ0DAk

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 Sa4w5q7

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 D8BvZw7

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 Glb32M3

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 EUvBbVy

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 K50MaVQ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 Ye2yEFI

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 G55NkWh

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 UL1Ntxm

HC Scar

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 JBNMXkU

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 QAWqs2G

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 IBVKzoZ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 UlnlTNo

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 8fMmc2x

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 PzY0nAv

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 Pif4u3v

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 5XXKQv4

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 JcjzLtH

Rogerbee

Founding Father

The feet in that still of the big guy remind me of Pumpkinhead, if you still have that SOTA figure they may come in handy, or was it Darkness you had!?

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looking at the quality of the images, it is all the more impressive you can make such good sense of them to create your own super-detailed figure.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
The feet in that still of the big guy remind me of Pumpkinhead, if you still have that SOTA figure they may come in handy, or was it Darkness you had!?

CHEERS!

They do give off a goat leg like vibe in that pic but he's actually just standing on his toes in that particular shot, not sure why; just landed from a tree perhaps? But if you look closer you'll see his raised heels and anklebone spikes like a regular Pred's feet.

GubernatorFan wrote:Looking at the quality of the images, it is all the more impressive you can make such good sense of them to create your own super-detailed figure.

It's a bit of detective work, especially with so many conflicting reference pics out there, armour activated or not...weapons activated or not..etc.. I bet you images from the 'behind the scenes' glossy coffee table book they just released will be uploaded as soon as I finish him! I'd consider buying it but there's no guarantee there will be good pics of his final version, it might just be movie stills and concept art.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Ah, I see, well, I never saw the movie and have no real desire to.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:It's a bit of detective work, especially with so many conflicting reference pics out there, armour activated or not...weapons activated or not..etc.. I bet you images from the 'behind the scenes' glossy coffee table book they just released will be uploaded as soon as I finish him! I'd consider buying it but there's no guarantee there will be good pics of his final version, it might just be movie stills and concept art.

Ain't that always the case? LOL With Star Wars we're lucky there is so much, and so much of it has been out for a long time (especially for me, as I focus on the original stuff). But something brand new like this is an entirely different matter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Ah, I see, well, I never saw the movie and have no real desire to.

CHEERS!

Well turns out you were right and I was wrong according to this new pic I found, I've really got to be careful what I wish for!! Embarassed Laughing I think this is about as a finalised rendering as I'm going to get since it comes from a wiki on a Predator forum. He does indeed appear to be a digitigrade and not a plantigrade like humans; I guess it means he can run faster and more quietly (like those prosthetic sprinters legs or bouncy stilt things).

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 WSEwwWP

Well more work to do then! LOL

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 SRPSMrm

Thinking about doing one of the hounds and just saw this 12" long Kaju monster rotocast figure that could be a great base for one. They are based on Shane Black's Pitbull dog. Did you know SB has Tourette syndrome? That's why he gave Thomas Jane's character the affliction in the movie.

This is a collective video of the hounds' appearances in the movie, one gets accidentally lobotomised and likes playing 'fetch' with grenades! Very Happy Ignnore the music, has nothing to do with the film.

https://9tube.tv/video/55585148743878582d5f41.html

Reference hound pics

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 L6CeYqP

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 9cNr2vj

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 INN71NG

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 OWVbRlu

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 GFY16oC

Kaju figure

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 My2sMVz

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 ZFZWfII

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

All good fun! That Kaiju looks more like a terror dog from Ghostbusters. NECA did a hound from Predators that I think is around 1/6, maybe one of them could be modded, or maybe Mr Z did a Rottweiler.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
All good fun! That Kaiju looks more like a terror dog from Ghostbusters. NECA did a hound from Predators that I think is around 1/6, maybe one of them could be modded, or maybe Mr Z did a Rottweiler.

CHEERS!

I know about the NECA hounds, got five of them! Laughing 3 I modded with hoops in their flesh and chains for the HT Tracker Predator I bought loose (the HT hound was really expensive!) and 2 I completely rebuilt as Chinese dragon guards for my scratch built Mandarin figure (not a piece of HT on or near him, way before his release, major build that one!). The new style of hounds are huge! More like cows in size.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 CwtNqEN

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 2pXqb4m

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 DIafWQn

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 L4wINzv

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 JfOGEvA

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Ohh, right, LOL! You will want bigger stuff then, not sure what to recommend in that case. I'm buying NECA multiples soon, Gremlins! Getting 3 of the Ultimate figure. That'll set me back £120, I know, they're getting expensive now. Mind you, I also want to get a life size one and they're over £200!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Ohh, right, LOL! You will want bigger stuff then, not sure what to recommend in that case. I'm buying NECA multiples soon, Gremlins! Getting 3 of the Ultimate figure. That'll set me back £120, I know, they're getting expensive now. Mind you, I also want to get a life size one and they're over £200!

CHEERS!

The spider and bat versions are super cool! Always been tempted to pick those up... Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

You should if they're your thing, I'm actually more fond of the Gremlins from the first movie.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
You should if they're your thing, I'm actually more fond of the Gremlins from the first movie.

CHEERS!

I like them for their design aesthetics and mechanics, not for sentimental reasons, if it was just for nostalgia it would be Stripe and Gizmo.
Time to start making digitigrade lower legs......

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Sounds like a plan!

I get why Rick did what he did in Gremlins 2, but, the execution of the story could have been better. I would have understood the evolution of the Gremlins more if the lab had got hold of Gizmo much earlier. They could have been experimenting on him and then bred some of the Gremlins from other Mogwai for study and then they could have escaped. That would have made more sense to me. They looked far to different to the original ones for Gizmo to have spawned them in the time frame of the movie.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Sounds like a plan!

I get why Rick did what he did in Gremlins 2, but, the execution of the story could have been better. I would have understood the evolution of the Gremlins more if the lab had got hold of Gizmo much earlier. They could have been experimenting on him and then bred some of the Gremlins from other Mogwai for study and then they could have escaped. That would have made more sense to me. They looked far to different to the original ones for Gizmo to have spawned them in the time frame of the movie.

CHEERS!

lol I can't even remember the movie let alone the plot of G2!

Busy dremelling up more bits of the MacFarlane donor figures to make the new lower legs, he'll be taller now which is good.
Fixed 'ankles/toes' were in different positions so had to correct that first.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 WYTkmbr

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 HkAe9av

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 QuTSBlG

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 FJUXE9y

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 IOUstwE

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 K8WdfMM

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 KXDAh7D

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 UEnTvIG

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 62tBatK

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 EKl9sL7

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 QxHjXRS

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 S17chjH

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 U6vFBhV

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 XpqmzGc

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 ALSXpiU

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 OFFcQJx

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 7WRJqxG

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 JqXTN8v

Peaches

Peaches
I'm learning so much reading through this thread!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Peaches wrote:I'm learning so much reading through this thread!

Oh good! I'm so glad as it's one my reasons for doing WIP threads so other members can discover new techniques along the way like I do.

I can't believe it, he can bloody stand!! Very Happy Shocked
Still plenty of work to do yet like hiding the 'chicken leg' knees under rubber so I can still have some articulation there for posing.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 OyckIzN

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 BUrSkak

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 GZUrimp

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 VnJMKEA

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 9lnGuDu

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 918TAzZ

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like the chicken legs, they make him look more alien. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I like the chicken legs, they make him look more alien. Smile

It does indeed, funnily enough I'm quite used to figures with chicken legs since I collect movieverse Transformers! Laughing

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Sweet! I'm sure you'll get it all worked out. Must remember to get my Dremel out of the garage before I move. I gave it to my Dad but he's never used it.

On a Gremlins note, I was talking to Chris Walas, the guy that built them for the first movie, on FB yesterday. I wanted to see what he used to preserve latex as I'm thinking of getting a 1/1 replica of one of his Gremlins soon. He was using his own recipe and didn't know what commercially available stuff there was. Still, it was great to actually talk to him. He accepted my friend request too!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Sweet! I'm sure you'll get it all worked out. Must remember to get my Dremel out of the garage before I move. I gave it to my Dad but he's never used it.

On a Gremlins note, I was talking to Chris Walas, the guy that built them for the first movie, on FB yesterday. I wanted to see what he used to preserve latex as I'm thinking of getting a 1/1 replica of one of his Gremlins soon. He was using his own recipe and didn't know what commercially available stuff there was. Still, it was great to actually talk to him. He accepted my friend request too!

CHEERS!

Cool! Silicone airgun oil to protect rubber, natural and synthetic, I'm sure I've preached about it before! That's what it's designed to do, think of the incredible stress those seals go through at 3000psi!! or 250bar.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Pics to show his size compared to the FP (that has human DNA traces BTW might explain his thin build and desire to give the humans a fair fight with the fancy armour he supplies them). Also the work I'm doing now to blend his new lower legs in using shaved down Godzilla skin (run out of the black latex I'd cast) to blend edges and cover the hinge while still allowing articulation. Plan to add an extra finger to each hand since they are one short, taking the fingers from the cheap hybrid alien (I bought it a while ago thinking it was 1/6 scale, it's not..).

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 HqMuwRf

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 MKJL4o9

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 GJS0JlP

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 Q9pOaVh

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 1nWSmba

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 CYdIuoJ

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 CJlAA0j

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 PMSu1iO

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, that thing is massive. Wonder, is he as big as an HT Hulk...? Very cool work on this project. So many details.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Definitely coming along. It's great how you get such a wide range of different parts and blend them together so well they just look like they were designed that way.

CHEERS!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
My god, he's so huge!!! Been loving watch him come together. And the digitigrade legs look awesome. I always love when they go with digitigrade legs on a monster design, since it always looks so cool and creepy.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Man, that thing is massive.  Wonder, is he as big as an HT Hulk...? Very cool work on this project. So many details.

I think he might be slightly taller than The Hulk.

Rogerbee wrote:
Definitely coming along. It's great how you get such a wide range of different parts and blend them together so well they just look like they were designed that way.

CHEERS!

It's just like cooking! Wink

ReverendSpooky wrote:My god, he's so huge!!!  Been loving watch him come together.  And the digitigrade legs look awesome.  I always love when they go with digitigrade legs on a monster design, since it always looks so cool and creepy.  

Yeah, very insectile and a hint of Xenomorph too..

Covered knees/ankles that still articulate, has the right number of fingers now too. Going to do the filler and sculpt work next including a go at making a different head from scrap parts as this Pred's head is quite stocky and bumpy so seems a waste to mod the lovely HT head for that, I will be nicking the dredds back from it though but I have a plan to build a royal guard Pred using mail over where the dredds would be hidden and a ninja Pred as well.

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 NhkFM5H

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 YCwj4WB

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 SdeM4KL

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 Ba33FTc

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 MseZ0Ky

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 3kv8fBh

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 PNeaI8x

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 PQQvV72

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 YOkIV8d

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 M0dNRwL

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 W52EWIz

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 ApM7tGL

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 D2VotNi

The Predators 2018, Building The Ultimate Xmass Grinches! WIP Hot Glue Blood/Gore Effects, New Blade Weapon For FP & Next WIP Reveal.. - Page 8 WxuqLnM

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good!

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum