OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... )

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Finally gathered all the pieces for my Biker Mini-Me's of my wife and I (still need a different head for my wife, though). I tried doing tattoos on my shoulder/biceps with the help of ReverendSpooky (who went above and beyond to make up some tattoos similar to the ones I had in 1:1); unfortunately, they didn't work -- I think the area is too uneven to allow the transfer paper to work properly on these seamless bodies -- I flatter area might work better. So, I had to pass on the tattoos. Sad

It's gloomy and raining out, but I wanted to try to get some natural light shots.

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3143
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3149
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3150
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3144
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3145
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3146
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3147

And a few more (these are for skywalkersaga who likes "couple's" shots) -- took my stuff indoors (the neighbor's were giving me weird looks). tongue

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3148
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3151
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3152

Peaches

Aw, you two look so cute there! Better than old photographs Very Happy

skywalkersaga

These turned out great! Your paint job on your mini-me is amazing, and I think your wife's mini-me looks absolutely gorgeous! Though of course I'm curious to see the other headsculpt you are planning to use for her, too.

Bummer about the tattoos.... there really NEEDS to be a better way of colouring/marking these bodies! It's the most frustrating drawback of them, in my eyes. I hope you can find another way to do those at some point, even if it means having an alternative jointed body or something.

I love the garage photos...you angled those very convincingly. And I'm honoured you included some 'romantic' poses for my sake.....they are so sweet! :')

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Peaches wrote:Aw, you two look so cute there!  Better than old photographs Very Happy

skywalkersaga wrote:These turned out great! Your paint job on your mini-me is amazing, and I think your wife's mini-me looks absolutely gorgeous! Though of course I'm curious to see the other headsculpt you are planning to use for her, too.  

Bummer about the tattoos.... there really NEEDS to be a better way of colouring/marking these bodies! It's the most frustrating drawback of them, in my eyes. I hope you can find another way to do those at some point, even if it means having an alternative jointed body or something.

I love the garage photos...you angled those very convincingly.  And I'm honoured you included some 'romantic' poses for my sake.....they are so sweet! :')

Thank you, Ladies.

Happy to oblige, S.

The tattoo issue is a bit frustrating. I might try a different body, but many of the jointed ones have a break between the shoulder muscle and the bicep/triceps that makes putting tattoos there almost as problematic.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:The tattoo issue is a bit frustrating. I might try a different body, but many of the jointed ones have a break between the shoulder muscle and the bicep/triceps that makes putting tattoos there almost as problematic.

Ohh, gotcha, yeah..... originally when you'd mentioned the tattoos when you first started this project, I'd sort of thought you meant drawing/painting them on, but of course with having to apply them directly like that I can see it being extremely tricky on any 1/6 body...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
These turned out great! And I will never believe you again if you declare you are not good at painting. The custom mini-you sculpt is excellent! Nice and unusual choice of outfit parts for the both of you, too.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Guv. But, it’s not as unusual as you might think...everything Mini-Me (aside from the belt buckle), is what I wear; the vest was the last piece of the puzzle — I have one just like it (though mine has a few patches on it). And yes, I’m always legally armed...

The Mini-Wife... well... she doesn’t dress like that anymore (claims she’s “too old”), but she used to — belt color is wrong (but they came with the pants).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
More WIP Mini-Me's:

Private Security Contractor:

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3249

Darth Stryker (updated slightly -- but probably done as a figure):

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3250

The next two (as you will see, are still in need of a lot of work). My wife (sans head, as I don't have it yet) still has a bit of work to be done, and "Me". Both of these are based on a fantasy story I wrote for my wife as a wedding present... what seems like a life-time ago (hehe). It has a weird history, as I was really into the fantasy art coming out surrounding the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing games, and I even enjoyed the short-lived cartoon series based on the games. After my career in the stressful and dangerous world of Security Contracting came to an end, I decided to revisit the short novella (it was only about 98 pages typed) that I had written for my wife. I decided to base it very loosely on some of my experiences in the "real" world, and the D&D cartoon series "characters" (or at least the archteypes represented by the characters in the show). So, I expanded the story significantly, and it became a 1500 page tome -- where she and I were "transported" to an "other" fantasy world, along with some of our friends (not real people, of course), just as the cartoon characters were. She became a "Thief", and I became a "Ranger", the others were similar to the characters that were represented in the cartoon series (I might like to go back and make those characters in action figure form, as well). The cartoon series, some of you old enough may recall, had a Ranger, Thief, Barbarian, Cavalier, Acrobat & Magician. I changed a couple of the characters to fit the story (Cavalier became a Bard, and Acrobat became a Warrior -- still female, though).

Thief still needs straps, or belts, to hold the scabbards for her daggers, and I have a short, hooded cloak (maroon, like her jacket) already.
My character still needs a quiver and arrows (though I have the arrows), and I'm working on the sword (and scabbard) that will be strapped to his back. The sword plays a small, but significant part in the 1st part of the book, and makes a final appearance in the last part. As you can see, Ranger already has a long sword, and a short sword; the long sword that I'm working on that I mentioned cannot be drawn by Ranger at this point. Thief, "found" it (stole it really) and gave it to Ranger, but due to the warning of the Runes on the scabbard, no one dares draw the thing (basically, Ranger isn't "worthy" of using this Magical Weapon until the end of the book, when it's used in the final Epic Battle -- doesn't every fantasy story need an Epic Battle?).

Anyway... enough prattle.

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3251
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3252
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3253
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3254

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
All of these are really nice -- even the WIP ones. Security Contractor You looks both suave and unassuming, but also like you wouldn't want to mess with him. Wink  Darth Stryker still looks awesome [of course I'm biased to like him, haha]. And I'm enjoying your fantasy mini-me figures so far-- excellent use of all those various steampunk elements on your wife's outfit. Curious what headsculpt you will be using for her, since you had mentioned the one in the original pics was only temporary. Are you still panning on commissioning one? 

You can tell a lot of care has gone into these, and it's really lovely to see. Also inspiring for those who want to eventually do their own mini-me's. Thank you for sharing, both the figures and the backstories! Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, S. At some point, I’ll get my wife’s sculpt made — unfortunately I’m in a queue with the sculptor, who has other commitments to get to first. Once their done, I’m hoping to get outside to get some shots — but not while it’s freezing-@$$ cold out.

Diana

Diana
Oh wow these are fantastic!! Very creative. Thank you for sharing.

As for the tattoos... Not sure how intricate they are, but what about creating stencils and applying Rit dye with a sponge? I just bought three bottles (chocolate, orange and yellow) in the hopes of mixing the right colour for a TBL Black Widow body. Sadly... holidays are over so it'll have to wait. -.-

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Those are some cool looking mini-me's.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for sharing the progress on the mini-yous Smile I like them all, and although I don't know exactly what you were going for (lacking your knowledge and imagination), they seem to have come together very successfully. Since she has a better grasp on such things, perhaps your wife is the person to ask (not that you're asking). And of course there will be the huge risk when it comes to finalizing her looks... Smile But while looking at your fantasy mini-me, I'm struck by a certain resemblance... could it be Mark is actually... Fabio!?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
AerynDiana wrote:Oh wow these are fantastic!! Very creative. Thank you for sharing.

As for the tattoos... Not sure how intricate they are, but what about creating stencils and applying Rit dye with a sponge? I just bought three bottles (chocolate, orange and yellow) in the hopes of mixing the right colour for a TBL Black Widow body. Sadly... holidays are over so it'll have to wait. -.-

Thanks. Unfortunately, as far as the tattoos are concerned, the ones I wanted to use are pretty complicated at this size. If I really want to use them, I’ll probably have to use a hard body that I can pose the arms without the skin stretching.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Those are some cool looking mini-me's.

Thank you.

GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for sharing the progress on the mini-yous Smile I like them all, and although I don't know exactly what you were going for (lacking your knowledge and imagination), they seem to have come together very successfully. Since she has a better grasp on such things, perhaps your wife is the person to ask (not that you're asking). And of course there will be the huge risk when it comes to finalizing her looks... Smile But while looking at your fantasy mini-me, I'm struck by a certain resemblance... could it be Mark is actually... Fabio!?

Thanks, Guv. You sound like you have questions. Feel free to ask.

Ovy

Ovy
Wheeey, I missed this thread back then somehow! Nice job, cool clothing choices and nice haircut on that familiar blonde head. Can't judge if your character looks accurate, but I trust you and your wife on that.
And you wrote a 1500 page book? Was it published?

The Darth is fun too, he would stryke down he Empower with all his power.

Btw, your epic blonde Prince Stryker reminded me of this alternate Game of Thrones ending scene:

AerynDiana wrote:Oh wow these are fantastic!! Very creative.
Thank you for sharing.

Ye I think stencils are what one will need to do precise tattoos...I thought about rolling Oil Pastels over a stencil, but haven't tried it yet.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Ovy. Ahh, Safety Dance; I still have all the Men Without Hats LPs.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
HT's Han Solo (from the Solo movie) arrived today, and I decided to play around to cheer myself up (my wife and I had to put down our 14 year old Italian Greyhound late last night, and I've been super depressed ever since). Anyway, here's the continuing adventures of Darth Stryker before he was a part of the Dark Side (or maybe after he converts to the Light...?) -- Han Stryker:

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3313
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3315
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 _dsc3314

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Darth-Stryker-in-the-making looks great. Probably better than Impostor Solo ever did. Nice photos and backgrounds, too.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Work and thanks for the entertainment. I´m really sorry for Your loss. Sometimes Pets can be loved like children, especially dogs.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I’m so sorry, Stryker! Sad * hugs to you *

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Darth-Stryker-in-the-making looks great. Probably better than Impostor Solo ever did. Nice photos and backgrounds, too.

Haha. Thanks. It’s funny some of the pics I’ve seen of the actual head sculpt, and the prototype pics, the face seemed more square — the one I have seems a bit more narrow. I don’t really know if that’s good or bad. By the way, the standard edition head also has the removable hair (held in place by a light magnet) — even though it doesn’t come with the accessory to justify it. Sorry I didn’t take a pic of it — might use it for a Western Era character — not sure in what capacity though.

Ephiane wrote:Great Work and thanks for the entertainment. I´m really sorry for Your loss. Sometimes Pets can be loved like children, especially dogs.

skywalkersaga wrote:I’m so sorry, Stryker! Sad * hugs to you *

Thank you. My wife and I never had children — so he was the closest we ever got. I’m man enough to admit I haven’t cried this much since I was a little kid. I’m absolutely heart-broken — we both are.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Mark this is so hard, I know. When the mighty white Warg passed the rainbow bridge years ago, we felt the same. I try to think in that way... there are so many years he gave so much to me, so many memories .... is this worth that one moment you have to say goodbye ? Now, some years later, I would say yes it is.
He was so friendly to all and took care in contact with everyone. One day in the woods he stood some inches away from a squirrel, that had absolutely no respect for him. It looked like the squirrel would cuss him out. But he just stood before it and smiled.

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 2 8wkbub11

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the kind words, and the beautiful pic of the mighty White Warg. I always loved seeing those photos — such a noble companion and a great steed.

Ephiane

Ephiane
May i ask how You did the Han Stykers Background ? You masterd this technic. By doing pictures like this, i have 100 useless and 1 Useful pic. I use a TV Screen and there are always that terrible rays.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:May i ask how You did the Han Stykers Background ? You masterd this technic. By doing pictures like this, i have 100 useless and 1 Useful pic. I use a TV Screen and there are always that terrible rays.

Actually, it’s my iMac computer monitor. I searched for screen-savers of Star Wars environments, put a bunch of books on my desk to get the figure at the right height. Using a tripod, I held a tactical flashlight with 5000 lumens off to the side with one hand, angling the light to get rid of the screen flare, and then snapped the picture. I had to use Photoshop to crop the black edges of the screen saver image out of the frame — hence the reason you don’t see the figures legs.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very cool looking Mini Me's figures and photos and indeed very sorry for the loss of your pet.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, my friend.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn man, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. As someone with 2 cats that are the center of my world, I know how much room they take up in our hearts, and how big a hole they leave when they're gone. And 14 is a good full life in dog years. But I swear, they're never with us long enough. I have a friend who once told me that because their time is so short, sometimes just knowing we filled their time with us with as much love and happiness as we could in the time that they're here is a small comfort in times like this.

And big believer in a bit of retail therapy as well. The Darth Stryker Solo shots look awesome, and the monitor background works so perfectly in these shots. Even the lighting looks like it matches well, and the shadows give it a lot of cool drama. Love it.

And I totally missed the fantasy figures before! Both look awesome. I'm anxious to see when you finally get the custom head for your wife. Always tough waiting for that last piece of a project.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Damn man, I am so sorry to hear about your dog.  As someone with 2 cats that are the center of my world, I know how much room they take up in our hearts, and how big a hole they leave when they're gone.  And 14 is a good full life in dog years.  But I swear, they're never with us long enough.  I have a friend who once told me that because their time is so short, sometimes just knowing we filled their time with us with as much love and happiness as we could in the time that they're here is a small comfort in times like this.  

And big believer in a bit of retail therapy as well.  The Darth Stryker Solo shots look awesome, and the monitor background works so perfectly in these shots.  Even the lighting looks like it matches well, and the shadows give it a lot of cool drama.  Love it.

And I totally missed the fantasy figures before!  Both look awesome.  I'm anxious to see when you finally get the custom head for your wife.  Always tough waiting for that last piece of a project.

Thanks for the kind words, Brother. It's definitely been tough on the wife and I; we miss the little guy a lot.

It was definitely a trick to get the background monitor and the foreground lighting just right to make those "Solo" pics look right. I just wish the monitor was big enough to be able to capture the entire figure. It would also be cool if I had the room for more dioramas. I definitely need to take a page from your book and make everything collapsable so I can actually do more story-like photoshoots. I have a whole stream of Old West style scenes I'd like to do; I'd do them outside if the goddamn mosquitos didn't use me as a pin-cushion every time I walked outside.

Getting the head for my wife's figure made is proving time-consuming to say the least. I need to reach out to the sculptor again and see when he can fit me in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum