OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Theboo-bomb

That place sounds interesting and it has a history to it, I like buildings like that. I still remember the imposing Puerto Rico distillers building to the right of "la 2", the entry doors had rusted, it's windows busted by people and hurricanes but it still was such a sight to see.

Well let's not think too much about that, I like your little dude, the collars are amazing, specially the little owls.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
It's great to see more of Shryett and the the headgear looks very cool without being too over the top, both with and without the mask. Like Mark, however, I'm personally not loving the filters, which I think distract from the more basic and utilitarian "almost Neolithic" look.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

Very creative process with making the feathers, Ovy, I admire that a lot. Thank you for sharing how you did it! Her headdress is indeed very unique while still feeling just 'familiar enough.' The mask is also excellent. Like the others, I do prefer it with just the holes -- mainly cause it looks more prehistoric like that. But I can see what you are going for with the filters... after all.... this group is not *actually* prehistoric, but more like... post-historic. Wink 

Wanted to mention earlier that I really like how you did the sleeves on her undertunic, I think how you gathered them like that is just brilliant. 

My favourite look for her is probably without the mask altogether, as that red face paint is just sooo awesome. Honestly, I would happily dress like that all the time if I could. Laughing 

Re: Gudvangen -- Gudvangen Viking Valley is the location of annual Viking market/festival, and I was there as a volunteer that year. The village itself is situated at the end of a very deep fjord...  

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 40154811

But yes, it is close to Jotunheimen area. I was able to go up above the fjords into the mountains during some free time.

[Image removed for personal privacy reasons]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Did our very own, skywalkersaga just make a personal appearance in this thread...?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Meep... yes it’s me. :3 (Was only pic of those mountains I could find atm).

And Ovy — I’m still laughing about the ‘plastic Viking’ ... feel like I have met this person. Laughing

ETA: I know I’m impatient, but I’m eager to see some more group pics of these characters ... especially including the little wolf boy. :’)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Meep... yes it’s me. :3 (Was only pic of those mountains I could find atm).

Don’t sweat it. It’s a cool photo. And your “period” garb fits the environment well.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:Great mask. To be honest I like the more simplistic (feathers and no filters) look myself. But either way is pretty cool. Neat stuff, my friend.
Thanks! I see, no filters.

Theboo-bomb wrote:That place sounds interesting and it has a history to it, I like buildings like that. I still remember the imposing Puerto Rico distillers building to the right of "la 2", the entry doors had rusted, it's windows busted by people and hurricanes but it still was such a sight to see.

Well let's not think too much about that, I like your little dude, the collars are amazing, specially the little owls.
Thanks a lot! Maybe we can see some outdoor shots of 'your' distillery one day.

GubernatorFan wrote:It's great to see more of Shryett and the the headgear looks very cool without being too over the top, both with and without the mask. Like Mark, however, I'm personally not loving the filters, which I think distract from the more basic and utilitarian "almost Neolithic" look.
Thanks! So you are a no filters guy too, no problem. Yes they all turned out to be very 'utilitarian', I actually wanted to give them more modern looking clothing but with 'neolithic' materials first, but then I just made what looked good to me. Maybe you remember Cargo Cult. (Divine Being Prince Philipp)

But 'Keanu' will get a neolithic biker vest for example.

skywalkersaga wrote:Very creative process with making the feathers, Ovy, I admire that a lot. Thank you for sharing how you did it! Her headdress is indeed very unique while still feeling just 'familiar enough.' The mask is also excellent. Like the others, I do prefer it with just the holes -- mainly cause it looks more prehistoric like that. But I can see what you are going for with the filters... after all.... this group is not *actually* prehistoric, but more like... post-historic. Wink 

Wanted to mention earlier that I really like how you did the sleeves on her undertunic, I think how you gathered them like that is just brilliant. 

My favourite look for her is probably without the mask altogether, as that red face paint is just sooo awesome. Honestly, I would happily dress like that all the time if I could. Laughing 

Re: Gudvangen -- Gudvangen Viking Valley is the location of annual Viking market/festival, and I was there as a volunteer that year. The village itself is situated at the end of a very deep fjord...  

But yes, it is close to Jotunheimen area. I was able to go up above the fjords into the mountains during some free time: 

That's one cool, powerful pic! You look like you are about to sing in a pagan metal Viking video.

Is that the clothing your mini me would wear? I am here if you need help with that necklace, I have some training now. Razz

And glad you notice the undertunic sleeves. I like how they turned out too, planning on giving one of the cargo people something similar.
Of course it is made of old grandma tights.

Stryker2011 wrote:Did our very own, skywalkersaga just make a personal appearance in this thread...?
Yes, I accidentally summoned a Jedi Viking! Very Happy

skywalkersaga wrote:Meep... yes it’s me. :3 (Was only pic of those mountains I could find atm).

And Ovy — I’m still laughing about the ‘plastic Viking’ ... feel like I have met this person. Laughing

ETA: I know I’m impatient, but I’m eager to see some more group pics of these characters ... especially including the little wolf boy. :’)
Haha, yeah the sunglasses metal Viking was a cool guy. He even had a Sidecut, like in the historical documentary series known as 'Vikings'

Yeah, group pics...may take a while, as I want to do some 'narrative' parts first before spoilers.
 I think of two 'chapters' and a 'time montage'. For the location I want to shoot the first chapter I have to carry some figures and accessories in my backpack through the forest off the paths (sorry Frodo), make sure they are all safe at first. 

Also, someone has a good idea for removable blood for tbleagues? Only need a tiny amount.
Thinking of that old dark red 300000 scoville  sauce that's still in the fridge. Or marmalade? 

Anyway, here are some pics for the waiting room:

I made a pipe for the father.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20200525-114420

Also, hound tooth button.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20200525-114636

Those leather straps on the right arm are much more complicated than they look, but it turned out well I guess. Hide the joints, you know.. I also didn't like his leather poncho, it's now smaller and of 'razor' fur.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20200525-114037

He just chillin there.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20200525-114246

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The father looks excellent with his new pipe and poncho. And more excellent outdoors photography.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool new look. That pipe is really cool.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker -- Thanks, the outfit is historically based, though to make it more accurate I'd have to be wearing some kind of head covering. But it was a pretty warm day and I was technically on break, so hopefully I can be forgiven. Wink

Ovy wrote:That's one cool, powerful pic! You look like you are about to sing in a pagan metal Viking video. 

Ha... I have indeed done a lot of folk/folk metal singing. Though no music videos. Razz

Ovy wrote:Is that the clothing your mini me would wear? I am here if you need help with that necklace, I have some training now. Razz

Thanks for the offer -- will take you up on it if I decide to go with the Viking outfit. Though I'm still undecided... ;D

Your work on these tiny 'teeth' and 'bones' is incredible though -- the finish on them looks so incredibly realistic. I'm in awe! 

Ovy wrote:
And glad you notice the undertunic sleeves. I like how they turned out too, planning on giving one of the cargo people something similar.

I am still very jealous of those grandma tights -- they really do make such perfect 1/6 fabric! :'D 

Ovy wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Did our very own, skywalkersaga just make a personal appearance in this thread...?

Now you know the double-meaning of the 'saga' part of my name! ;D 

And Ovy — I’m still laughing about the ‘plastic Viking’ ... feel like I have met this person. Laughing 
Haha, yeah the sunglasses metal Viking was a cool guy. He even had a Sidecut, like in the historical documentary series known as 'Vikings'

Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Not only do I know this person, I also know about a hundred others like him. ;p 

Ovy wrote:Also, someone has a good idea for removable blood for tbleagues? Only need a tiny amount.
Thinking of that old dark red 300000 scoville  sauce that's still in the fridge. Or marmalade? 

Oooh, yes, good question  -- I would be curious what works for blood and is removeable. But in my case I'm wondering about what would work for both the tbleague body and *also*the plastic headsculpt without ruining the paint [would be cool to have the option of blood without painting a figure to be permanently like that]. For eventual horror figure I want to do in distant future. Would prefer something that isn't sugary and sticky though... Razz 

Ovy wrote:
Yeah, group pics...may take a while, as I want to do some 'narrative' parts first before spoilers.
 I think of two 'chapters' and a 'time montage'. For the location I want to shoot the first chapter I have to carry some figures and accessories in my backpack through the forest off the paths (sorry Frodo), make sure they are all safe at first. 

Understandable, I shall be patient. Wink 

In the meantime, I thank you for these absolutely amazing update photos of the 'father'... was wondering about him! I ADORE that pipe, just excellent work! Seems so real, like it would actually function. :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Wow! Amazing work!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really cool, that mask reminded me of plague doctors (which isn't surprising considering I've been thinking about em), also turning big feathers into small one is great I'll have to steal your idea.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 1f60e

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:The father looks excellent with his new pipe and poncho. And more excellent outdoors photography.
Thanks a lot!

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool new look. That pipe is really cool.
Thank you!

skywalkersaga wrote:Stryker -- Thanks, the outfit is historically based, though to make it more accurate I'd have to be wearing some kind of head covering. But it was a pretty warm day and I was technically on break, so hopefully I can be forgiven. Wink

Ovy wrote:That's one cool, powerful pic! You look like you are about to sing in a pagan metal Viking video. 

Ha... I have indeed done a lot of folk/folk metal singing. Though no music videos. Razz

Ovy wrote:Is that the clothing your mini me would wear? I am here if you need help with that necklace, I have some training now. Razz

Thanks for the offer -- will take you up on it if I decide to go with the Viking outfit. Though I'm still undecided... ;D

Your work on these tiny 'teeth' and 'bones' is incredible though -- the finish on them looks so incredibly realistic. I'm in awe! 

Ovy wrote:

I am still very jealous of those grandma tights -- they really do make such perfect 1/6 fabric! :'D 

Ovy wrote:

Now you know the double-meaning of the 'saga' part of my name! ;D 

And Ovy — I’m still laughing about the ‘plastic Viking’ ... feel like I have met this person. Laughing 

Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Not only do I know this person, I also know about a hundred others like him. ;p 

Ovy wrote:Also, someone has a good idea for removable blood for tbleagues? Only need a tiny amount.

Oooh, yes, good question  -- I would be curious what works for blood and is removeable. But in my case I'm wondering about what would work for both the tbleague body and *also*the plastic headsculpt without ruining the paint [would be cool to have the option of blood without painting a figure to be permanently like that]. For eventual horror figure I want to do in distant future. Would prefer something that isn't sugary and sticky though... Razz 

Ovy wrote:

Understandable, I shall be patient. Wink 

In the meantime, I thank you for these absolutely amazing update photos of the 'father'... was wondering about him! I ADORE that pipe, just excellent work! Seems so real, like it would actually function. :')
I am writing this on the phone, so singling out the quotes is too complicated for me, in case you wonder;

Anyway, cool, would be nice to hear some songs! 

And you could do a Viking Jedi Mini-You.
 Glad you like the bone finish, I like that I don't have to prime or paint the clay before painting on the wash.

And that tights material is probably the same you would find in most stores. Haven't compared yet as grandma left behind a lot.

Glad you like the father, scroll down for little bonus.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Wow! Amazing work!
Thanks!

Theboo-bomb wrote:Really cool, that mask reminded me of plague doctors (which isn't surprising considering I've been thinking about em), also turning big feathers into small one is great I'll have to steal your idea.
Thanks! Yeah, actually one of the concepts for her was to give  her a beak, but then it became a gas mask hybrid.

Here a short mantle experiment, it's still held together by a safety pin.

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20200526-221604

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20200526-221644

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20200526-221718

And I actually shot the pics for the first chapter of my little picture story today. It was a logistic challenge to get them there,
 quite messy (both head dived into the muddy water at some point) and also a squat leg workout. And I had to race the sun. But I think I got enough material, have to do some sorting and texting and editing tomorrow...I will start an own thread for the stories to keep it orderly, I think.

Here three 'teaser' pics.

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20200526-221854

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20200526-222009

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20200526-222225

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Awesome. She looks like a mystic or shaman. Nice preview pics. Looking forward to seeing the story.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Omg, Ovy! Those pics are stunning! She looks amazing in her new fur mantle. Formidable and powerful. The whole outfit and look is just awesome -- a galdrakona indeed. The dark colour of the fur makes her white hair really stand out. The staff completes the look, sort of reminds me of the one Einar Selvik always has in Wardruna. 

And the Mother and Father look great together -- their tumbles into muddy pools notwithstanding. Thanks for making the trek to give us such cool pics. And I'm glad they did not end up as sacrificed 'bog people'.  ;D 

Possibly the only suggestion I would make is that maybe her footwear -- or rather legwear -- could be a bit more substantial... in that, it would probably be more practical for her to have her lower legs/ankles covered a bit more. Even just with some kind of leg-wraps or puttees. Especially if she is hiking through dense undergrowth in a skirt/tunic/dress. Just speaking from experience....  Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great new images and looking forward to the story. I do agree with Sky about the advisability of bulking up Shryett's footwear.

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:Awesome. She looks like a mystic or shaman. Nice preview pics. Looking forward to seeing the story.
Thanks a lot, and yes she is something like that.

skywalkersaga wrote:Omg, Ovy! Those pics are stunning! She looks amazing in her new fur mantle. Formidable and powerful. The whole outfit and look is just awesome -- a galdrakona indeed. The dark colour of the fur makes her white hair really stand out. The staff completes the look, sort of reminds me of the one Einar Selvik always has in Wardruna. 

And the Mother and Father look great together -- their tumbles into muddy pools notwithstanding. Thanks for making the trek to give us such cool pics. And I'm glad they did not end up as sacrificed 'bog people'.  ;D 

Possibly the only suggestion I would make is that maybe her footwear -- or rather legwear -- could be a bit more substantial... in that, it would probably be more practical for her to have her lower legs/ankles covered a bit more. Even just with some kind of leg-wraps or puttees. Especially if she is hiking through dense undergrowth in a skirt/tunic/dress. Just speaking from experience....  Laughing
Thanks a lot! Tell all your Metal friends! xD
The staff is a first test, don't know yet what will be her 'right' staff.

And did I mention the swamp/big people yet?

Anyway, yes I think Shryett might get some pants anyway, but it was not high priority as the skirt covers the legs most of the time.

GubernatorFan wrote:Great new images and looking forward to the story. I do agree with Sky about the advisability of bulking up Shryett's footwear.
Thanks, will look into that.

Guys I have a question, I have to write the text for the next story part, but it's ca. 50 pics (a bit repetitive sometimes) Do you think I should split in another two parts?

Here are some shots of the raft WIP, I collected wood in the forest and built the prototype directly there and tested it.

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20200529-180115

I kept it simple so it can be rolled and transported in the bottle section of the backpack.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20200529-180214

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, Swiss army knife does wonders. After this thread, they should take you on commission. Smile

Especially if it's going to be a story, I'd advise reduce the number of repetitive photos -- unless you need them to carry specific parts of the text. I can relate to taking too many photos, and being divided on which of them to choose when minor variations came out equally well (if you need proof, look at my TBLeague M35 review photos -- the Predator-based set). The more the photos in a thread, the slower it loads, and you might loose some impatient viewers, too.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy -- you hadn't mentioned the swamp/bog people yet... I was thinking of real-life examples of 'bog bodies' such as the Tollund Man, as well as various others found throughout Europe. 

The raft looks small from the original story pics but of course it has to be big enough to hold a 1/6 figure... great work on that! 

And regarding your upcoming additions, I would say to break it up into smaller chunks. I don't personally mind lots of photos, but 50 in one post seems like it would indeed be a bit much and take forever to load. Probably better to space it out over a couple of posts.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Great raft build. You are a mad man, my friend, doing that with a pocket knife.

As far as the number of photos — I’m torn. I don’t mind a ton of photos, but I can also understand the load delay, and short attention spans may not stick through it all.

Ovy

Ovy
It's been some time. Some days ago there still was snow, made much less photos than I wanted but the phone shuts itself down all the time if it's below -10°C, although it's a company from Finland. :Lol:

Contrast program to the last photo series of January 2020, were it was very foggy and no snow at all.
Nuf-Nuf and Trikiljuf on a short hike.
[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20210215-004810

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20210215-004906

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20210215-012029

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20210215-004940

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20210215-005016

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20210215-005152

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20210215-005319

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20210215-005416

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20210215-005453

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20210215-005530

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20210215-005618

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20210215-010100

[2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 PSX-20210215-005226

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Beautiful shots. Love the low shots at “dog height”. Really nice costume, and scenery. Very Jeremiah Johnson feel.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
These are lovely. Glad you got some snow pics with her, she's one of my faves! And of course, her buddy who seems delighted to be out in the snow. :')

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great outdoors shots -- she is perfect, and so is her outfit. Nice pooch too, although I would imagined you giving him a bit more of that Ovy detail for your post-apocalyptic world. Wink They work very well together, and I too enjoyed the "dog-height" photos.

Diana

Diana
I love seeing photos of your world. The first three are my faves for the low angles. Great boots, beautiful character, happy doggy... what's not to like! Very Happy

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Great snow shots, I really like that even in this setting dogs continue to be our best friends, at least I hope so.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [2/22/21] The Children of the Monsters - Snow hike - Page 8 1f60e

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Beautiful pictures in the snowy landscape and great face.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum