OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Knight of Ren

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Knight of Ren  Empty A Knight of Ren Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:38 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

While I've been working on the wall project and sketching up a new wall idea I've also been doing a lot of star wars related stuff. In this case this Knight of Ren started out as an imperial assassin but after having watched the Rise of Skywalker and feeling quite (a lot) disappointed with how the Knights of Ren where used and how they where portrayed I decided to do my own version of them.  Like always when I become interested in something I like to read on the subject and well.... I'm unsure if I like their story in my very own personal opinion they sound more like the stereotypical "Dark, brooding, edgy" character(s) one would see in something like a high school drama, if you are interested in reading it and drawing your own conclussions here's the link to the wookieepedia page on The Knights of Ren(I know I should use the Imperial Encyclopedia) on them so you can draw your own conclusions, for now I'll write a small bit of backstory from how I feel they could have been.
Knights of Ren

The original knights of ren where once nothing more than a legend told in the hundreds of small insignifcant planets, for millenia the story was the same, the Knights of Ren would come onto a planet and bring destruction while at the same time taking those gifted in the force, in these backwards planets those where the type of stories told to the children so they would behave. However all legends can be the founding block of greatness or so thought a  once imperial inquisitor that had survived the destruction of the two deathstars, scarred, broken and with connection to the dark side of the force the man would escape to the unknown regions where he would rebuild. During this time he would take the name of Ren, he would go from planet to planet like the legends of old told, over time and after many years it would no longer be Ren, but the Knights of Ren, he would bring the legend to life, he would bring destruction and he would take the force sensitives. By the time Kylo had been reborn the Knights where more than just one man, it was one small army of force sensitives of varying degrees of strength, skill and races.

Kylo would ultimately defeat Ren in a duel, those knights that wished to avenge their master would perish under his blade and those that saw the strength of the Dark Side on Kylo would follow him faithfully until the end. Kylo would take the title of Ren, becoming Kylo Ren and the knights would join him as his own personal guard, new weapons, armor, clothes and training would be provided for these dark knights that would now prowl on a myriad of worlds searching for force sensitives, targets to kill and most importantly the new resistance threat.
A Knight of Ren  TvbyOIX
A Knight of Ren  4aoeHxt
A Knight of Ren  El0DZAp
A Knight of Ren  WutkncQ
A Knight of Ren  PDmnNqJ

Well there it is, basically a dragon figure with a  hasbro cobra commander head and a nice mixture of clone and stormtrooper armor with a good ol fallschirmjäger helmet with  a techy half doughnut, the rest is just pieces of cloth and vinyl that looked cool.  With this figure I wanted to make the Knights of Ren look more like Snoke's Praetorian guards and less like background mercenary characters one would see in Maz Kanata's cantina. For some reason of all the things in RoS it was the knights of ren that bothered me the most.

Well that would be all for today, I hope no one is bothered by my dislike of the canon knights of ren 😎, for the time being take care, have fun and enjoy the weekend doing fun stuff like gluing your fingers with super glue.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! A Knight of Ren  1f60e

2A Knight of Ren  Empty Re: A Knight of Ren Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:55 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like your Knight. He looks pretty cool. And no worries from me about your dislike of the ROS — after the crap-fest that was The Last Jedi, I’ve decided I don’t really need to see TROS. Disney is ruining Star Wars the same way they are ruining their own animated features with god-awful live-action reimaginings.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A Knight of Ren  C8485110

3A Knight of Ren  Empty Re: A Knight of Ren Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:18 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I still haven't seen TROS, and wonder if I ever will, so no harm done; I rather imagined that they will not do enough with these characters, if for no other reason than the second movie completely ignored them and it would have been difficult to do much with them in just the last film. Nor was I in love with what I saw or remembered of their on-screen design. Your creation, on the other hand, is at once simple and detailed, and channels the notion of a knight in a way nothing in Star Wars really does (least of all Jedi, or for that matter Sith). I like it a lot, and thanks for sharing your new creative and exquisite work.

4A Knight of Ren  Empty Re: A Knight of Ren Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:24 am

Ovy

Ovy
Wow this guy is beautiful, great job. The faceless mask with the modified Fallschirmjäger helmet really has character.

I think I liked some of their movie designs, while others were underwhelming compared to some of the beautifully creative background characters that appeared for a few seconds on screen. 

Well, at least those guys did more in the movie than any of the beloved Bounty Hunters (except Boba) did who basically just stood there. On the other hand, I don't remember if they ever talked? Where they friends of Kylo? Or just drinking buddies? No idea.

5A Knight of Ren  Empty Re: A Knight of Ren Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:41 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:I think I liked some of their movie designs, while others were underwhelming compared to some of the beautifully creative background characters that appeared for a few seconds on screen. 

Well, at least those guys did more in the movie than any of the beloved Bounty Hunters (except Boba) did who basically just stood there. On the other hand, I don't remember if they ever talked? Where they friends of Kylo? Or just drinking buddies? No idea.

I can only go off of what we saw briefly in the first Sequel Trilogy movie, where they were basically along the lines of Kylo's look -- which was ok, especially as a unit uniform (less so if it were his personal choice of apparel as implied in the second movie by its subversively silly plot). I imagined that they would be those of his fellow Jedi trainees who joined him when he went astray. A closer association between him and them would have made sense in the first two movies, but we didn't see that there, and I don't know what happens in the last movie. My guess is that these, like the more badass versions of the sequel trilogy troopers, are going to be speedily sacrificed to Rey's lightsaber (or BB8's coin slot) in a senseless and unearned way.

6A Knight of Ren  Empty Re: A Knight of Ren Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:57 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Excellent bash! Nice use of the various parts and well painted and weathered.
A+++!

7A Knight of Ren  Empty Re: A Knight of Ren Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:19 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Stryker2011 wrote:I like your Knight. He looks pretty cool. And no worries from me about your dislike of the ROS — after the crap-fest that was The Last Jedi, I’ve decided I don’t really need to see TROS. Disney is ruining Star Wars the same way they are ruining their own animated features with god-awful live-action reimaginings.

Thanks, I think that the Disney Star wars could have been better if they had changed a few things. Personally there are characters, aliens and what not that I like but those are individual things spanning all 3 movies, I personally don't remember how TFA starts or ends, or half of what happened in TLJ, they don't captivate me like other recent movies have done.

GubernatorFan wrote:I still haven't seen TROS, and wonder if I ever will, so no harm done; I rather imagined that they will not do enough with these characters, if for no other reason than the second movie completely ignored them and it would have been difficult to do much with them in just the last film. Nor was I in love with what I saw or remembered of their on-screen design. Your creation, on the other hand, is at once simple and detailed, and channels the notion of a knight in a way nothing in Star Wars really does (least of all Jedi, or for that matter Sith). I like it a lot, and thanks for sharing your new creative and exquisite work.

Thanks, I've seen only TFA and ROS, the last jedi I watched much much later. In my opinion the knights where wasted with big dumb weapons and having little to no screen time, I had thought we would see more of them, perhaps on every corner of a cantina or city but the problem is most of the worlds they visit are either barren deserts of forest.... or at least that's what I remember. I put together this guy by throwing parts around and seeing what stuck, I'm glad that he has a "Knight" feel to him since my mind was pretty much blank when I was coming up with stuff.

Ovy wrote:Wow this guy is beautiful, great job. The faceless mask with the modified Fallschirmjäger helmet really has character.

I think I liked some of their movie designs, while others were underwhelming compared to some of the beautifully creative background characters that appeared for a few seconds on screen. 

Thanks, I wanted a featureless character to be the face of a knight. I can attest to the fact that there are far more interesting looking background characters when compared to the knights (I have the visual dictionaries for reference and ideas) but still I'm not much of a fan of the knights as portrayed, specially when they supposedly become Kylo's guards.

The knights appear in some scenes but I don't remember them fighting until almost the end, they are shown following a ship on theirs and appearing, really did more than some of the OG bounty hunters if we ignore the clone wars shows where at least Bossk does stuff. The Knights never talked either and they are more like a force kylo commands rather than their friends, the way he comes to command them is also quite weird.

GubernatorFan wrote:
Ovy wrote:I think I liked some of their movie designs, while others were underwhelming compared to some of the beautifully creative background characters that appeared for a few seconds on screen. 

I can only go off of what we saw briefly in the first Sequel Trilogy movie, where they were basically along the lines of Kylo's look -- which was ok, especially as a unit uniform (less so if it were his personal choice of apparel as implied in the second movie by its subversively silly plot). I imagined that they would be those of his fellow Jedi trainees who joined him when he went astray. A closer association between him and them would have made sense in the first two movies, but we didn't see that there, and I don't know what happens in the last movie. My guess is that these, like the more badass versions of the sequel trilogy troopers, are going to be speedily sacrificed to Rey's lightsaber (or BB8's coin slot) in a senseless and unearned way.

Your idea of them being fellow jedi trainees would have been quite good, sadly the writers of the last movie thought otherwise, a recent comic sheds light into who they are and how kylo got them, let's just say that it reads more like high school "Gangs" of edgy teens than force sensitive people. 😂

Pontiacivan wrote:Excellent bash! Nice use of the various parts and well painted and weathered.
A+++!

Thank you. I went with some silvery dry brushing to break the monotonousness of the black and accent his armor, I thought he looked cool and I'm glad you liked it.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! A Knight of Ren  1f60e

8A Knight of Ren  Empty Re: A Knight of Ren Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:34 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Great figure and Very Cool. A great use of parts/ Love the background too.

9A Knight of Ren  Empty Re: A Knight of Ren Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:01 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Nice kitbash !
Simple yet awesome looking !

10A Knight of Ren  Empty Re: A Knight of Ren Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:00 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:Great figure and Very Cool. A great use of parts/ Love the background too.
Thank you, making stuff out of parts is my favorite pastime, the background is something I've been working on for a bit now, it's "close" to being finished.

Allotropos wrote:Nice kitbash !
Simple yet awesome looking !

Thank you, I went for an imperial guard / praetorian guard sort of look to keep it in line with what we've seen in the recent movies thus far.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum