OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

41Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:14 pm

gooboo

Finally got some time to do a little work on my personal projects.

I tried creating my own hair with some mohair for the first time. For my first attempt I just used a headsculpt I had already bought, I don't remember the brand. Overall I thought it was pretty successful, although the top part where the head separates could have been better. There's too much glue in some places and the hair doesn't quite separate the way I wanted it to.

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Custom12

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Custom11

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Custom13

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Custom15

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Custom16

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Custom14

I created a full scalp for the sculpt using some super sculpey, which I baked then glued to the top of the head like with these headsculpts I plan on doing.

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Wiphea10

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Wiphea11

I painted them with a layer of acrylics over the top to sort of match the skin, but after finishing the first one I don't think that was necessary. Here's some custom headsculpts I've done in various states of completedness-

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Wiphea13

42Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:57 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
They all look to be coming along great.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

43Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:35 am

Ephiane

Fantastic Work and great Skills in Painting. You choose a Head that looks like in every Skintone real authentic. Normaly there are some characteristics that some Races had like big Lips, Flat nose ect.

Please this is no racism. This is just for to sculpt the Head of typicial race.

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Images11
Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Main-q10
Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Unname10

my favorite is this one. That´s a masterpiece.

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Head2110

The Hair Job is Fantastic to. She looks like a real person in the last pictures.

If You like to do a very special HS and it´s possible for You with the 3d printer, do it without the Eyes and use real glass ones. Could be a authentic reflection by Photograpie.

44Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:13 am

skywalkersaga

Stunning work , gooboo!

45Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:04 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That hair job looks pretty good, and nice work on the head sculpts. By the way, the brand of that first one is Kimi Toys (I wonder whatever happened to them...?)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 C8485110

46Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:10 pm

gooboo

Been working on some more head and hair stuff.

I redid the hair on the Kimi toys head I showed earlier. That one was my first attempt and there were some things I didn't like about it, this one turned out a little better I think.

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Hair110

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Hair210

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Hair310

Here's one I redid of my favorite Super Duck head. I'm not that crazy about this one because the hair gets kind of frazzled when it's dry, (but maybe that's realistic? My hairline is receding so I wouldn't know, lol) I've been thinking about turning it into a fantasy style ponytail or something.

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Hair410

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Hair510

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Hair610

This is the head from Lucifer's Wings of Dawn. I didn't like the symbol on her forehead, so I removed all of the paint with acetone and redid it, as well as giving her new hair. She kind of looks like the actress who plays Aragorn's girlfriend in the LOTR films? I don't remember her name. I really love how the hair turned out on this one, though. It's a test run of the hairstyle I want to use on my black/african headsculpt.

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Hair710

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Hair810

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Hair910

Comparison to the original Lucifer sculpt-

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Headco10

I'm in the process of repainting and rehairing this headsculpt from Cowpen toys. The picture is a little blurry. I was really excited to get this headsculpt at first because I thought it was pretty and I like the kind of fantasy style ponytail twist she had, but when I got the sculpt in hand I realized the color didn't match any Phicen bodies at all. It was like a sun-burnt red color, and you couldn't tell from the promo photos at all. I think that was when I first learned you couldn't take for granted what promo photos show for head sculpts with these toy companies. She's going to match the Phicen suntan color when I'm done painting her.

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Head312

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Promo10

I basically finished painting these two, just need to put some gloss on the eyes, and maybe a few nitpicks here and there. Waiting to get more practice hairing other headsculpts before trying out hairing my own custom sculpts.

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Head113

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Head213

47Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:37 pm

gooboo

Forgot to add, I finally got my Sinful Suzi body in the mail a week or so ago. Painted some hands and feet white to match. I think I'll make something like an albino elf sorceress character, but I need to make a headsculpt in 3d and have it printed first.

Also, is this the same body as the Kier and Gethsemoni figures? It's a really pretty figure, and I hope Phicen makes a general release of the body sometime soon.

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Suzi110

48Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:25 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Work is coming along nicely. Your latest hair jobs look pretty good.

49Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice re-hairing and re-painting. Your redone Lucifer looks so much better than the original to me.

50Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:06 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Gorgeous work on the re-hairing and re-painting jobs, gooboo! You are very talented at this!

And yes, I have the Sinful Suzi body as well, and to my eyes it looks the same as the Kier and Gethsemoni bodies. I don't have those ones on hand, but based on comparing them from images others have shared, I am pretty sure it's the same mold as those Court of the Dead figures.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

51Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:38 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Oh WOW you made a Liv Tyler (Arwen)! Gorgeous!

52Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:02 am

gooboo

I never noticed how similar the headsculpt was to her until I gave her black hair and eyebrows. I wonder if Lucifer used her as reference for that particular sculpt, or if it's just a coincidence.

53Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:04 am

Ovy

Ovy
So much great work on heads and hairing! I wonder how the finished figures will look like.

54Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:45 pm

gooboo

Decided to take some Super Duck heads and give them custom hair. I really like this head sculpt SD made, so I was excited to giver her some new hair.

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Newhai10

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Newhai12

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Newhai11

Wanted to try something straighter and longer looking. I really like how it turned out, but it's a little bit "poofy," or perhaps thick and voluminous. I might have used a tad too many hair wefts on this one for the look I was going for.

This one I actually repainted to match the TBLeague suntan bodies, but you can't tell here. After taking these photos I realized there's a smudge in the paint above her eyebrow that I'll have to fix.

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Newhai13

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Newhai14

Still futzing with the shape of the hair, trying to get it to look right. I want to try a shorter hairstyle next time, like a bob or something. I still have my custom heads waiting for me to put hair on, just need to get more confident with different hairstyles before I attempt those.

55Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:53 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think that you've managed to improve the heads with your custom work. Well done.

56Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:21 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
simply fantastic!

57Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:33 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Great work again, looks very in scale. And I know what you mean about the 'too dense' hair. But it will always look great when de puffed.

No offense to the Super Duck heads, but this looks much more real/interesting/unique with the real hair.

58Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:29 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice job customising the Super Duck heads! You do have a knack for both the repainting and re-hairing. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

59Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:06 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent re-hairing. They look awesome.

60Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:11 pm

gooboo

Some stuff I finished recently. Finally got done re-hairing that Polaris headsculpt. It took longer than expected because the first attempt at using Dullcote stripped off some of the paint. Dullcote is some powerful stuff.

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Head115

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Head216

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Head313

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Headre10

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Head810

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Head910

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Head1010

I'm going to try creating my own silicone body molds sometime later this month, after I've ordered the supplies necessary.

61Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:14 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice work repainting and rehairing, despite the hurdles (I myself had an unpleasant experience with Dullcote or similar products and have given up on them -- but you seem to have managed in the end).

62Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:08 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice work on both, and the hair work is exceptional. Might I suggest getting a gloss enamel and adding a bit to the eyes to help bring back that shine.

63Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:44 pm

gooboo

Finally got some more time for my 1/6 projects. I tried out casting in resin for the first time today, I made some headsculpts with some earlier test molds and also made a few neck pegs.

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Resin10

I used a urethane resin from Smooth On. I picked urethane instead of epoxy resin for its faster drying time, but it came with some setbacks. Because of the moisture sensitivity of urethane I got little bubbles underneath the surface of the headsculpts. Once I tried putting a layer of paint on the sculpt it wasn't a problem, but I think I'll go with epoxy resin next once I've used up all of the urethane resin I have now. A pressure pot is supposed to fix the problem but since I'm doing all my resin stuff outside (my apartment doesn't have suitable ventilation) I'm not going to be able to use one.

The resin also turned out to be much stiffer than I anticipated. For the heads this isn't a problem but the neck pegs required some carving with an x-acto on the inside to get them to fit on the metal peg. Smooth On makes an additive that makes epoxy resin more flexible, which is another reason I'm going to try epoxy resin next. Ultimately I'd like to try my hand at making a custom armature out of a strong resin, since casting/forging stainless steel is out of the question for me.

64Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:50 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sounds like a cool experiment. I thought about getting into casting, but a pressure pot and motor are out of my comfort zone.

65Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:56 pm

gooboo

I ended up getting a vacuum chamber and pump for my eventual custom silicone bodies, but urethane resin needs a compressor. In addition to the reasons mentioned above, I also don't want to spend money on one.

66Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:13 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
cool

67Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:58 am

gooboo

Got around to testing out an epoxy resin. This one worked great- no bubbles at all, feels pretty strong and sturdy.

I decided to try re casting a TBLeague head I liked, except for the fact that I felt it was too small. I enlarged the size a little bit, though it might be hard to tell from the photos, and changed her ears and was pretty satisfied with the result. Looks much better when placed on a s46/47. I don't know why many of TBLeague's recent head sculpts are too small, or at least they seem that way to me.

Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Heads112

68Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:59 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very impressive results.

69Gooboo's WIP stuff thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Gooboo's WIP stuff thread Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:46 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
This looks very good. I love the more subtle elf ears.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum