OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/6 short Question & Answer (Q&A) thread

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

11/6 short Question & Answer (Q&A) thread Empty 1/6 short Question & Answer (Q&A) thread Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:03 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
I haven't found a similar thread except for sth like "help me find xy" so I make this one. While I'm in the hobby for a few years other are there for a much longer time. Still, the transparency isn't always there or there are some other questions in your head so here we go:

I don't know if anyone has insight here but on ebay I often stumble about figures from Inflames Toys - they do chinese history stuff like three kingdoms and also mainly chinese movie characters like Sūn Wùkōng, Monkey King. They look very interesting -  but often more expensive than even Hot Toys figures? I wonder what is the reason here, is the quality on the same level? Is it that all the chinese collectors snatching them up and high demand = high prices?

Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Most of the sets I’ve seen that you mentioned start out at extremely high prices. I don’t own any of them, but from what I’ve seen as to the pre-production stages, they go out of their way to make mostly handmade costumes, with intricate hand stitching and real chainmail, etc,. All of which requires a lot of extra time — my guess is that the quality level is much higher than most of what HT puts out, since HT constantly reuses molds, heads, parts, etc. — not to mention, cheap and inferior materials that have a tendency to rot much faster than a lot of companies.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 short Question & Answer (Q&A) thread C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That is a good question. Many of the companies making products of this type produce stunning work, and Inflames is certainly at the forefront of this in terms of detail and quality. While I have picked up a small number of sets from the historical or semi-historical subset of this, I have managed to stay away from the more fantasy side of it. I did get one Inflames product, the white horse (I think it was meant for the Monkey King). It is quite superb in many ways, largely because it is actually articulated. I guess I will have to post my fantasy female warriors photos here, to show it off.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thank you for the comments. I need a ghengis khan figure but it is far too expensive now at 800. Hopefully some company releases a similar product or updated version. But some of their other figures are stunning as well. Just ordered my first inflames figure today - i will make a short review if i get it.

As for the horse: you need to share some pics GF! Articulated horses are great and ovy would hunt you for one of them Wink

It is i teresting that everyone knows hot toys but inflames at higher prices and quality is not very well known outside asia.
Guess the themes of the figures is one reason:)

1/6Novice

Not sure if I should ask this here, but...

Has there ever been a sixth scale figure with an articulated tail? Preferably a seamless figure.

Those Egyptian TBLeague figures (should they continue) should have one eventually(?)
Probably a Scorpion God or something similar...

I'd like to customize a figure into some Reptilian creature, but I thought people here might know?

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
1/6Novice wrote:Not sure if I should ask this here, but...

Has there ever been a sixth scale figure with an articulated tail? Preferably a seamless figure.

Those Egyptian TBLeague figures (should they continue) should have one eventually(?)
Probably a Scorpion God or something similar...

I'd like to customize a figure into some Reptilian creature, but I thought people here might know?

that i know of, no...perhaps one could be custom made. that said i think unless we get a line of Elder Scrolls figures including Khajiits, and Argonians then we probably wont see one any time soon.

Skippy

1/6Novice wrote:Not sure if I should ask this here, but...

You could search for Hellboy bodies, as all versions have had a wired tail I think.

The old Sideshow had a skinny, floppy, jointed body.

Hot Toys did one for the Ron Perlman films with a seamless upper body.

They've just released one for the recent David Harbour movie which also has a seamless upper body.

There's also the unlicensed Ron Perlman 'Hellman' by ARToys, which was practically a re-issue of a DAM toys' unlicensed version but with a fourth head sculpt. However, while it has a seamless upper body it isn't as good as Hot Toys'. The ARToys has a hollow rubbery sculpt over a metal armature, and looks best with the coat on.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great idea for a thread, Valiarde! I have wondered the same thing about InFlames, so glad you asked. Smile

I can't say about articulated tails on 1/6 figures, but if I wanted to make something like that, I'd look into art dolls and art doll-making techniques for inspiration. Sites like MoreZMore carry various silicone molds and doll armature supplies. I feel like a tail could be fairly easily made. Whether it could be affixed to a seamless body in a convincing manner or not, is another question....

Most of my 1/6 questions tend to be along the lines of 'has [x] been done before?'. Usually relating to fictional characters or historical figures I'd like to make someday, as I always like to see what's already been done and also like to know if certain headsculpts or clothing already exists, etc. Sometimes I don't even want to buy or make a figure, but I just like to see what others have come up with. As a random example, I don't have time to make this myself, but I'd love to see if someone has made a 1/6 scale Rutger Hauer as Navarre from Ladyhawke. I've only ever seen 1/6 Rutger Hauer as Roy Batty from Blade Runner.

There are loads more I could ask about, but I'll try to keep it one at a time for now. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve never seen Rutger Hauer from Ladyhawke done — him and MP together (and their alternate versions) would be a cool display, however. (It’s too bad the rock elements to the score by Alan Parsons ruined so much of that movie — way out of place; if they reissued that movie with the orchestral elements only re-edited, and cut out the idiotic synthesized rock stuff, that would be a really good romantic adventure movie).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:I’ve never seen Rutger Hauer from Ladyhawke done — him and MP together (and their alternate versions) would be a cool display, however. (It’s too bad the rock elements to the score by Alan Parsons ruined so much of that movie — way out of place; if they reissued that movie with the orchestral elements only re-edited, and cut out the idiotic synthesized rock stuff, that would be a really good romantic adventure movie).

Yeah, if I had more time and space I'd love to tackle them! (and the wolf and hawk, too). I already have a big black horse, so...;p But I'm already up to my ears in WIPs and running out of storage space let alone display space, so it's only a hypothetical idea for a far distant future. Wondered if maybe someone 'before my time' had put a custom version together -- would be neat to see.

And lol, the soundtrack for the film is indeed beyond cheesy and dated, but I sort of just laugh at it and move on. Have a soft spot for the movie, mainly cause I just adore the Friesian horse and the 80s fantasy aesthetic in general. Wish I could have an entire 80s fantasy-based 1/6 collection. :'D

Theflyingman

Great thread!

Asta, you mentioned that the new hellboy is just released? Do you mean it's really out? I've had it on preorder forever and release date has been pushed back so much I wondered if it's ever going to come out. I've heard rumours that hot toys just leaves some figures hanging forever.

And one of my random questions - how many people's kitbashes are held together by bluetack rather than properly fitting pegs for the necks and feet? Most of mine are.

Skippy

Theflyingman wrote:Asta, you mentioned that the new hellboy is just released? Do you mean it's really out? I've had it on preorder forever and release date has been pushed back so much I wondered if it's ever going to come out. I've heard rumours that hot toys just leaves some figures hanging forever.

He released a few weeks back in Hong Kong, but it takes a while to filter down to the retailers.

http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=370301&extra=page%3D2

Theflyingman

Oh man! Cannot wait. Thank you!

Skippy

Theflyingman wrote:Oh man! Cannot wait. Thank you!

He does look really good.

Spoiler:

I pre-ordered from OneSixthKit, but have no idea when he'll get his stock.

Theflyingman

Yea I liked the 2019 version too. It has a different charm to the first 2.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Am I the only one who remembers this image from Mr.Z??

1/6 short Question & Answer (Q&A) thread 20200810

It pictures a Mr.Z horse that I've never actually seen advertised before. Is this some prototype that never saw the light of day? It looks similar height and stature to the 'Hanoverian', but in a trotting pose. I actually really like the looks of it (from what little I can see), and keep wondering if they are going to release it, but it's never appeared...

Valiarde

Valiarde
Ah yes! the greyhound pic. Thanks sky for bringing it up
Also found this:

1/6 short Question & Answer (Q&A) thread TB2ay6gbYAlyKJjSZFwXXXtqpXa_!!410928945

I'm no MrZ expert, so I don't know if this is from an earlier release, never made for mass production or maybe we will see it soon available?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
YES! That was the other pic I had seen -- glad someone else remembered it. I so wish they would release that horse...

Valiarde

Valiarde
That is a horse I would instantly buy Smile

Look super real to my amateur eyes. Lets hope it will be announced this year.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:That is a horse I would instantly buy Smile

Look super real to my amateur eyes. Lets hope it will be announced this year.

Same here. It would be perfect for a medieval hunting party... or pretty much anything!

Alcina2k

I have a very stupid question - please don't laugh...
I have a very difficult time to put shoes on my M33, M34 and M35...
Is there s trick i can use to do so? The shoes seem to fit by comparing with the size of the feet.
should i put socks on the feet first for my phicen boys first ... will the socks too thick?
SO many stupid question from a newby like me.... any hints will be much appreciated
Thanks in advance

davidd

davidd
Alcina2k wrote:I have a very stupid question - please don't laugh...

Not a silly question at all. Just tonight I struggled for fifteen minutes or more to put boots on a TBLeague male figure. I was afraid I was going to break one of the knees or ankles. Unfortunately, I do not have an answer other than "careful brute force."

I do not know how I will ever get the feet out of the boots.

I suppose the easiest approach would be to use boots designed to fit on the pegs.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Alcina2k wrote:I have a very stupid question - please don't laugh...
Is there s trick i can use to do so? The shoes seem to fit by comparing with the size of the feet.
should i put socks on the feet first for my phicen boys first ... will the socks too thick?
SO many stupid question from a newby like me.... any hints will be much appreciated
Thanks in advance

None of us are born knowing everything Smile Yes, male (and some recent female) TBLeague feet are bigger than the standard (insofar as there is one) in this scale. Consequently, they often do not fit. Socks will only make it worse. You can try to heat up the shoes with a hair dryer (better than hot water), and once the plastic has softened, try to put them on. If that does not help, get other feet (from a different company -- WorldBox, DAM, Hot Toys, maybe Soldier Story, and others) with similar openings for the ankle pegs, jam them into the footwear, and then try plugging the stainless steel foot pegs into them. If the fit is too tight, use some more heating with the hair dryer. If the fit is wobbly, tighten it by interposing a tiny length of flat elastic cord between the peg and the hole. For illustrations of all this, some discussion, and occasional examples of footwear that does fit (including but not limited to footwear designed to fit on the foot peg itself), see the Clothing TBLeague bodies thread.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1403-clothing-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-updated-part-xxiii-january-28-2021

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
davidd wrote:
I suppose the easiest approach would be to use boots designed to fit on the pegs.
That is my preferred solution as well. Unfortunately they don't always say if the boots are for pegs or not.

If they are not for pegs and high boots, you can use them without feet. The boots Lexi is wearing in this picture are hollow boots, but there's no way to get her feet in them, so I just shove them on her legs.
1/6 short Question & Answer (Q&A) thread Pc310710

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
@Alicina2k: I would find shoes that require removing the bare feet and have a ball socket in them — or use smaller feet (as the Guv suggested). As far as socks (which I use) — cut the foot part away, keeping the ankle area, and put the foot (or ball joint into the shoe), and then using a tweezer or other fine tool to push the sock into the shoe enough to disguise the fact that it isn’t a whole sock.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum