OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Brand: YMTOYS Mary
Scale: 1/6
Item No .: YMT037A
YMT037B
YMT037C

Material: PVC
Cut-off time: May 20, 2020
Shipping time: Q3 2020

Product: YMTOYS Mary
Scal: 1/6
No: YMT037A
YMT037B
YMT037C

Perorder is available before: May 20, 2020
Release date: Third quarter 2020

NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 11084
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 2555
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 3367
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 4339
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 5324
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 6310
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 7301
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 8285
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 9271
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 10255
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 11244
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 12226
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 13212
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 14193
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 15176
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 16164
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 17155
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 18144
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 19134
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 20108

Brand: YMTOYS Marty
Scale: 1/6
Item No .: YMT038A
YMT038B
YMT038C
Suitable for TBL wheat complexion

Product: YMTOYS Marty
Scal: 1/6
No: YMT038A
YMT038B
YMT038C

Perorder is available before: May 20, 2020
Release date: Third quarter 2020

NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 11085
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 10374110
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 10374111
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 10374210
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 10374211
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 10374212
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 10374311
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 10374313
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 10374312
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 10374410
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 10374411
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 10374412
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 10374510
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 10374511
NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt 10374512

#newproduct #YMToys #Mary #Marty #female #headsculpt #accessory

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
YM consistently does a pretty nice job with their head sculpts, and it is always nice to have options. Since I like realism, if I had to choose between these, it would be one of the Marty variants, since Mary looks rather more anime to me.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:YM consistently does a pretty nice job with their head sculpts, and it is always nice to have options. Since I like realism, if I had to choose between these, it would be one of the Marty variants, since Mary looks rather more anime to me.
I'm totally with you. I do like Mary, too, despite the anime look, which they've been doing a lot lately... But I think this is the same head they used for that Cold Moon Ninja, which I also really liked, despite the stylized look.

Is it just me or does the profile of Mary seem off? Not enough forehead, mouth/jaw coming forward too much? I suppose that gives her that special look, but... She really needs long hair as per Cold Moon Ninja to balance it.

Overall very limited hair styles for both... I'd go with the asymmetrical one for both, cause the bangs hide the pretty face. I would want to rehair though.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yeah, Natali-erm, 'Marty' for me too, although A and B have awful weird choppy hair.

C is very nice, though...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I was gonna say...the 'Marty' has a bit of a Natalie Portman look from certain angles.

Not crazy about either of these, but if I had to pick, it would be that one for obvious reasons. ;p

ETA: Also, I like the hair on the final one best... the mix of colours is very pretty.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
skywalkersaga wrote:I was gonna say...the 'Marty' has a bit of a Natalie Portman look from certain angles.

Not crazy about either of these, but if I had to pick, it would be that one for obvious reasons. ;p

ETA: Also, I like the hair on the final one best... the mix of colours is very pretty.
Was thinking the same about that Portman resemblance. With that hairstyle it looks like The professional - Part 2.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I have looked at these YMToys 'Marty' heads more closely and they are indeed remakes/recasts of a 'generic' young Natalie Portman headsculpt that has been available on ebay for a while now. This one is pretty much the same exact sculpt but with a repaint and improved hairstyle(s).

Makes me curious how small this one might be....

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:I have looked at these YMToys 'Marty' heads more closely and they are indeed remakes/recasts of a 'generic' young Natalie Portman headsculpt that has been available on ebay for a while now. This one is pretty much the same exact sculpt but with a repaint and improved hairstyle(s).

I don't know about Marty, but you can see Mary on an S12D here:
https://giantoy.com/products/pre-order-1-6-ymtoys-cold-moon-ninja-ymt036-custom-kit?_pos=3&_sid=3ba9b990d&_ss=r

Not sure how similar YMToys' simultaneous releases have been. I only ever got one it seems. ^^

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
AerynDiana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I have looked at these YMToys 'Marty' heads more closely and they are indeed remakes/recasts of a 'generic' young Natalie Portman headsculpt that has been available on ebay for a while now. This one is pretty much the same exact sculpt but with a repaint and improved hairstyle(s).

I don't know about Marty, but you can see Mary on an S12D here:
https://giantoy.com/products/pre-order-1-6-ymtoys-cold-moon-ninja-ymt036-custom-kit?_pos=3&_sid=3ba9b990d&_ss=r

Not sure how similar YMToys' simultaneous releases have been. I only ever got one it seems. ^^

Thanks for the example!

And yeah, I think I only own one YMToys headsculpt myself as well. Mainly because they tend to look nothing like the promo pics, so I often don't dare PO them, and then end up forgetting and never getting them later on. ;p

The only YMToys head I own is one of the redhaired ones that came out last year and it is actually rather on the large size (was definitely WAY too big to fit the petite bodies). So it seems they are not consistently sized, and it just depends on the mold.

csyeung

csyeung
skywalkersaga wrote:

Thanks for the example!

And yeah, I think I only own one YMToys headsculpt myself as well. Mainly because they tend to look nothing like the promo pics, so I often don't dare PO them, and then end up forgetting and never getting them later on. ;p

The only YMToys head I own is one of the redhaired ones that came out last year and it is actually rather on the large size (was definitely WAY too big to fit the petite bodies). So it seems they are not consistently sized, and it just depends on the mold.

Oh man, that sucks! The one I have is the opposite, perfect for a smaller generic poptoys type body but looks small on a regular sized tbleague body.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
csyeung wrote:

Oh man, that sucks! The one I have is the opposite, perfect for a smaller generic poptoys type body but looks small on a regular sized tbleague body.

Funny how that goes. While it's nice that they put out a variety of sizes, it's just difficult to tell the size from the pics so you don't know if it's going to fit until it's in-hand.

csyeung

csyeung
That's why I'm so thankful for this forum and community when they share pics in hand!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Got the C version of the 'Marty' sculpt above today.

First off, it's similar to but not the same as all the other NP head sculpts that circulate. There are some very subtle differences that I'll go into a moment.

Unlike my recent experiences with YM heads, this isn't a bad likeness to the promo shot this time, and it's not undersized for a change, either. I would call it a 'pale suntan' - it's a better match for TBL suntan, but also pale enough to look perfectly OK on a pale TBL body.

There are some minor cosmetic differences to the promo shots, but interestingly they change the whole character of the sculpt. The eyes are not as 'made up' as in the promos above and the face itself is slightly fuller, which takes a few 'years' off and makes it look more like NP in her late teens/very early twenties would have- a good few years older than her character in 'Leon', let's say, but still quite young. No standard NP 'beauty spot' on her cheek either, by the way.

The hair is actually really nice - there was 'product' to keep the style in place but I found it too stiff-looking so I fixed it, and it still looks nice.

Here's a couple of very quick pics with the sculpt placed on an S16 at least for now (an S34/35 is probably more generally suitable build-wise... apart of course from the too-big bust  Rolling Eyes ).

NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt DSCN8585

NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt DSCN8594

NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS: 1/6 Mary and Marty female head sculpt DSCN8589

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the photos, GeeW! I'm actually kinda disappointed it's not one of the smaller sculpts, as I'm always looking for NP heads to use with s25b body. But it might work for a 'bash or two. Good to have some back up options, anyway.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thanks for the pics. She looks really nice, GeeWillikers.

Diana

Diana
Interesting! The final products looks a little softer, younger and quite adorable! Smile

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for the pics GeeW, she looks great!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum