OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Empty Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Thu May 21, 2020 2:50 pm

ZombieKev

Hi, it's been a long time. Boy, things have changed in the 1/6 forum world.  Anyways, the Rona quarantine gave me some to work on long dormant projects.  I updated my Haohmaru figure from a few years ago with a new body, new head, new sword, new base and new accessories.   Just the feet, gi shirt, and pants remain from the old fig.   (btw Haohmaru is the hero character from the long-running anime fighting game series, Samurai Shodown aka Samurai Spirits).

I've been lucky enough to visit Japan a few times and I really enjoyed the Kyoto area with its historical structures and atmospheric moss covered stone paths.  The base is my homage to that, though it's meant for a different SamSho character (Haohmaru is too macho for such a serene base).  I'll create a new one for him when I get around to it.

Head - Medicom Superman with new mouth, eyebrows, hair. Going for an anime look here.
Base - Sculpted & flocked stone moss base. Sculpted the Dōsojin stone figures.
Clothes - Handmade
Sword - Wolfking repainted
Bod - Phicen (i love these bods for their poseability & smooth arms, hate them for inability to hold paint & weird difficulty in mixing a color match)

Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Haohmaru_walk1
Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Haohmaru_torso
Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Haohmaru_right
Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Haohmaru_left
Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Haohmaru_statues_base
Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Haohmaru_headwip
Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Haohmaru_swordup2
Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Haohmaru_walk2

2Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Empty Re: Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Thu May 21, 2020 3:00 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That. Is. Awesome.

Excellent mods to that Superman sculpt to bring this character to life. Really well done. And great work on the clothes and base, as well.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown C8485110

3Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Empty Re: Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Thu May 21, 2020 6:06 pm

ZombieKev

Thanks, Stryker! Appreciate the kind words!

4Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Empty Re: Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Thu May 21, 2020 9:44 pm

Ovy

Ovy
That's great, so much handcrafted work in there! I love those little monks, every time I see them, be it in a garden or a cheap deco store, they still make me a little bit happier.

5Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Empty Re: Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Thu May 21, 2020 10:30 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ahh, wow, this is so freaking cool! I love this mix of stylisation and realism, and the base really brings it together as well. Your figures are always very impressive and this one is no exception. Glad to see you around, and thanks for sharing. Smile

I feel you on the frustrations re: painting the silicone bodies. I’m presuming you’ve seen the (largely experimental) thread on the subject, but sharing it here just in case:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t260-painting-seamless-bodies-updated-april-2020

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Empty Re: Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Fri May 22, 2020 2:22 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent work. The figure and the base both look perfect. I, too, like that even if this is anime-based (most obviously in the hair), it is still close enough to realistic, and a stunning combination in the end. And all that required more than one kind of skill.

7Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Empty Re: Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Fri May 22, 2020 7:14 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
What a beast of a character! Dude, this is such a sick figure - amazing use of those more muscular bodies, and such beautiful tailoring and sculpts all around. I like the crazy flow of the hair, there's no way lamb hair could capture the look of those spikes without a lot of hairspray! Sticking with plastic was definitely better. Smile

8Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Empty Re: Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Fri May 22, 2020 1:41 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I know very little about anime but he does look like a total badass.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown 1f60e

9Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Empty Re: Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Fri May 22, 2020 2:29 pm

ZombieKev

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I appreciate them!

skywalkersaga wrote:I feel you on the frustrations re: painting the silicone bodies. I’m presuming you’ve seen the (largely experimental) thread on the subject, but sharing it here just in case:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t260-painting-seamless-bodies-updated-april-2020

Thanks! Yes, I've seen this but not the recent updates. I will check it out again. Very useful! I was wondering by using rit synthetic dye and it looks like someone actually tested that out.

AlKelAstra91 wrote:What a beast of a character! Dude, this is such a sick figure - amazing use of those more muscular bodies, and such beautiful tailoring and sculpts all around. I like the crazy flow of the hair, there's no way lamb hair could capture the look of those spikes without a lot of hairspray! Sticking with plastic was definitely better. Smile

Thanks! Yes, I considered using real hair for anime hair as it's in fashion now, but that's not really good when the hair should show a lot of motion.

10Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Empty Re: Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Sat May 23, 2020 12:57 am

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
So sick! Haomaru is a hell of a character, and you captured his personality there just perfectly in every single detail. Kudos!

11Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Empty Re: Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Sat May 23, 2020 4:12 am

ZombieKev

Thanks, Lobster!

12Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Empty Re: Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:12 am

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
great work on the character, especially modifying the head sculpt, very well done. it's been decades since i played a version of samurai showdown on a sega megadrive in the 90s but i do have fond memories.
do you keep your figure displayed in a certain pose and if so could you please give a headsup in the future on how good the body holds up in terms of cracking and deterioration of the material.
personally i un-pose my figure everytime i don't use it for photos in fear of damaging them down the road.
thanks in advance

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum