OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Space dropship WIP updates

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Space dropship WIP updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Space dropship WIP updates Wed May 30, 2018 3:24 am

Rogerbee

Founding Father
I love this kind of build!

Takes me back to the days of Mat Irvine in the BBC SFX workshop. People would build ships out of old tape decks, hoovers, you name it. Such fun!

CHEERS!

27Space dropship WIP updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Space dropship WIP updates Wed May 30, 2018 5:21 am

shovelchop81

Since there will be four of them attached to the body you don't have to worry about the 'lamp' issue as they'll only be parts of much bigger piece over all which is the silhouette you need to worry about, not not the shape of the parts to you get there. Great idea using foam coolers for body fillers, nice and light but secure enough as long as you don't drop a hammer on them! Wink

28Space dropship WIP updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Space dropship WIP updates Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am

Pontiacivan

Rogerbee wrote:I love this kind of build!

Takes me back to the days of Mat Irvine in the BBC SFX workshop. People would build ships out of old tape decks, hoovers, you name it. Such fun!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81 wrote:Since there will be four of them attached to the body you don't have to worry about the 'lamp' issue as they'll only be parts of much bigger piece over all which is the silhouette you need to worry about, not not the shape of the parts to you get there. Great idea using foam coolers for body fillers, nice and light but secure enough as long as you don't drop a hammer on them! Wink

Thanks guys. The coolers were only $1 and I bought 2 extra for practicing.
As much as I hate the mess from this foam, I am considering cutting one down to see if that helps. The spring goes inside the pink tube, so that is as high as I have to cover. I can cut one pretty short and still have it work.
I'll post later if it looks useable.
The hard part I am having is, every time I think of making something in foamboard, the shape looks just like the Eagle. I was hoping to not make a blatant copy! Very Happy

29Space dropship WIP updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Space dropship WIP updates Wed May 30, 2018 8:15 am

shovelchop81

You can cut foam with a hot wire, makes no mess at all, works just like a wire cheese slicer but wear a mask especially since you have breathing difficulties. Or you can use a fine hacksaw blade to minimise any mess but get good clean cuts fast. If you have a straight razor (throat cutter) they work well to. I had to make a lot of foam prototype models when I was doing my product design degree, although we did use the denser blue foam which is far more expensive, I think half the courses budget went on that stuff and we'd often have to ration it! LOL. I had much more fun in the workshops using MDF and the vacuum moulding machines Wink .

30Space dropship WIP updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Space dropship WIP updates Wed May 30, 2018 12:17 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
While I get what your wife means with the lamp look, I think that only comes from looking at it by itself. Once it's attached, I don't think that will even come to mind. Just my thoughts on it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum