OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Super-Flexible Female Seamless Bodies-S24A/25B/26A/27B

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

ReverendSpooky

This is some of the best 1/6 news I've heard in a while. I have been hoping for so long to see this happen. I have about 6 Original Effect bodies that I used for a whole line of customs. I was really happy when I 1st got them, but they have not held up well over time. None of them stand well on their own, and they simply fall apart any time you try to pose them. Most of the necks are broken, and pretty much every joint just pops out of the socket when you move it. Trying to take pics is a juggling act of trying to keep things together long enough to get a shot.

When the S16A & S17b came out, I had hoped to be able to transfer the figures over, but the OE heads still looked too small on those bodies. But these look like they're going to be perfect. Has anyone seen an expected date on these? I can't wait for them to come out. I'd love to get a case.

http://reverendspooky.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I’m excited for these too. Someone pointed out that the shortest body should be about the right height for Carrie Fisher (not that any of the HS will match, however).

Ephiane

Sooo... 8mm between 24 and 26... maybe 8mm between 22 and 24. The old size is 1, 76 Meter in 1:1.
The new shorter ones has to be 1,71 and 1,66 ? 8mm in 1:6 has to be 48mm in 1:1. So the shorter versions are 5cm and 10cm shorter than the old One in 1:1 ?
Please correct me scratch

Carrie Fisher stands 1,55 Meter... so no one of the Bodys will match her. And Striker You see there´s no problem by a headsculpt match for a shorter Body, don´t worry Wink Hell, i want that new Bodys so much...

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Super-Flexible Female Seamless Bodies-S24A/25B/26A/27B - Page 2 Dg8lvyw3

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thank you, Ephiane, for going through and doing the calculation (and for illustrating it so well). It puts everything in perspective. Still, the more petite TBLeague bodies are a welcome change, even if in some instances they are not petite enough.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Ephiane

Ephiane
There´s something wrong with the measurement TBL does. The figures in the pictures looks smaller than only 8mm. If that are Real Prototypes in the picture and not a photoshop Version.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:There´s something wrong with the measurement TBL does. The figures in the pictures looks smaller than only 8mm. If that are Real Prototypes in the picture and not a photoshop Version.

If I remember the imagery correctly, TBLeague measured from the top of the non-provided head sculpt.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Very Simple.... copy the Picture with the different TBL Body sizes on Your PC. Open it and enlarge it, so that the normal / old Body 22A is in 1:1 size = 278 mm. Than measure by Yourself the distance to the next body on your picture 24A. My result is 25 mm . Not 8mm like TBL say. There´s something wrong....

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
these look pretty good, and will be especially good if the suntan is really coming back. shorter girls do exist, and its not wrong to think they should be represented in 1/6th. if anyone were to be offended by these, why would they not be offended by TBL as a whole?

JohnByng

Ephiane wrote:Thank You so much, Phicen !!!! Sorry for highjacking the thread with my pictures, but that was everytime so much work to modifie the steel skeleton parts for smaller figures.

Can´t wait to get some of the small figures

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 Super-Flexible Female Seamless Bodies-S24A/25B/26A/27B - Page 2 Czsicd3w

Great figures, Ephiane!

I am a bit late to this discussion (must get an atomic clock!) but the idea that only women are objectified/sexualized is a bit oversimplified, I think these days that it applies to both sexes but it is probably males that do it more to both genders. I would suggest, for example, that superheroes are some sort of fantasy about extremes. Superman by definition must be more manly than the most manly human. The very tight costumes might suggest something about how their physiques are appraised by the viewer and surely sex must enter into that, at least for some?

We all have an image in our heads of the ideal male/female body, we are pre-programmed for sex.

But are males the only ones guilty of perpetuating other stereotypes? I don't know the answer to that question and I am not sure that it will matter when women achieve true equality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum