OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Diana

Diana
Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure
Item Name: Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure
Item No.: PL2020-163
Bar Code: 614614988984
Red Sonja - outlaw, mercenary, warrior and queen. After escaping her bloody origin, she hunted the wilderlands of Hyrkania, theived the streets and palaces of Pah-Disha, sold her sword on battlefields from Koth to Aquilonia, and liberated countless mugs of ale from barrels throughout the Hyborean world. Red Sonja slew the king who tried to posses her and freed the world from the dark sourcery of Kulan Gathe. Forced to flee her homeland, she rode west across the Turanian Steppes and into the shadowed mists of legendry.
Officially licensed and Authorized

Packing List:
- 1 x head sculpt
- 1 x TBLeague 1/12 female seamless body with metal skeleton
- 3 pairs x interchangeable gloved hands
- 1 x bikini style battle top with attached shoulder guard
- 1 x bikini style battle bottom
- 1 x arm band for the left upper arm
- 1 x belt
- 1 x sword w sheath
- 1 x dagger w sheath
- 1 pair x thigh bands
- 1 pair x boots
- 1 x axe
- 1 x shield
- 1 x base & holder

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 0.27kg
Measurements: 18cm *12cm *7cm
24 products/master carton
GW: 7.48kg
Measurements: 48.7cm * 43.8cm * 20cm

TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 0112
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 0212
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 0312
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 0412
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 0512
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 0612
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 0712
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 0812
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 0912
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 1012
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 1112

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice one! The sculpt looks great — will try to pick up some parts from this.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
Right??
I really like her and probably will get her. But I'll wait for a few days to be sure the excitement doesn't fade. ^^

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lol sounds like a plan. And yeah I like this sculpt better than the 1/6 version!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don't know... It's a nice enough head sculpt (though I don't see it as being much different than many of the previous 1/12 offerings from TBL, aside from maybe the paint apps); I just don't see anything about that head that says "Red Sonja" -- Give me the 1/16 Deluxe edition head that came out several years ago (the 2nd RS figure, with the Dragon base) -- now that was a good looking Red Sonja.

But, I'm just voicing an opinion, since I have no real interest in this scale.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I don’t claim to be an expert on the character, nor on all the previous tbleague versions ... was just basing off my (possibly poor) memory of the ones I’ve seen, and also on personal aesthetic preference.

Diana

Diana
The face I think looks more intense than many other TBLeague faces, though I agree there isn't much variety among the 1/12 releases.
But the more I look at her the more I like her. I bet she'd look great next to Skarah, and even better next to Arhian (City of Horrors). The former I've POed, the latter not. Yet. Rolling Eyes

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
All three of those would look great together! Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks cute but hardly intense (which is not a requirement in my book). If I got her, I would pair her with the dragon base for the sixth-scale action figures for a bigger-looking dragon.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Clever idea, GF! Smile

Diana

Diana
Within six days she arrived from giantoy and... she is my first disappointment. The winds don’t look great, but the whitest thing after the boots. They are solid plastic and I found it impossible to get her to stand by herself. But the head is nice, the body would work for a body swap for one of the palm treasure figures and the rest is still worth it so I’ll keep her. I just hope I’ll get her boots off. They might be glued...

Photos to follow.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, that's a bummer, Diana. I'm surprised about the boots... I would have thought them being solid would help at that scale, but I guess it hinders the ankles?

Diana

Diana
Ok. I may have spoken too soon. Very Happy

Once I gave up trying to balance her on two feet (hence the awkward stance on the first pictures) I discovered the benefits of these stiff boots: if I balance her on just one foot and use the other merely for support she stands!
I don’t think I’ve ever gotten that to work in 1/6, at least not as well, probably because of the weight of the bigger figures.

So turns out I’m quite happy with her. Once she has all her gear the wounds don’t look so fake anymore either. But see for yourself:

TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) F90b0410
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 8192d810
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 197ceb10
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 3b3b5d10
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 9925e010
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 0e612910
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 6306ca10
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) 9bf30510
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) E0086010
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) A44a0a10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Glad you got the boots to work! And I can see what you mean about the wounds. Perhaps it's the scale, and they aren't as detailed as they could be. Maybe some dramatic reddish lighting would make them look more natural.

Overall though I think she's really pretty!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
With all the cuts and blood splatter on her body, they should have given her at least one on her face as well. A strategically placed one on her cheek — pretty much a mainstay — would go a long way in reducing the overly cute face they gave her.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) C8485110

Diana

Diana
Yes, I agree. She is actually too pretty and sweet looking. Oh well. Maybe there will be a better redhead down the line, at which point this will find a new body.

Funny. I got these figures thinking they would be great to use for group shots - again for drawing reference - but I seem to keep putting all their gear on and getting mezmerized by how great they look on the shelf that I never want to move them again! Laughing

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Diana wrote:
But the more I look at her the more I like her. I bet she'd look great next to Skarah, and even better next to Arhian (City of Horrors). The former I've POed, the latter not. Yet. Rolling Eyes
Funny, I thought the same and I've ordered Sonja and Arhian recently. Now I'm waiting for them to arrive. I thought they'd look great together in the (about) 1:12 sailing boat I've got (which although wooden, is an early 20th century type, so it won't look really authentic for barbarian warriors, but whatever).

Diana wrote:
TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) E0086010
That's a great pose!

Diana

Diana
TravelGuide wrote:Funny, I thought the same and I've ordered Sonja and Arhian recently. Now I'm waiting for them to arrive. I thought they'd look great together in the (about) 1:12 sailing boat I've got (which although wooden, is an early 20th century type, so it won't look really authentic for barbarian warriors, but whatever).
Ooh!! I would love for you to share some photos! bounce Very Happy
Especially of Arhian, cause I passed on her. Love the concept, but the face looked so bland (even more so than other TBL 1/12 offerings).

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Diana wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:Funny, I thought the same and I've ordered Sonja and Arhian recently. Now I'm waiting for them to arrive. I thought they'd look great together in the (about) 1:12 sailing boat I've got (which although wooden, is an early 20th century type, so it won't look really authentic for barbarian warriors, but whatever).
Ooh!! I would love for you to share some photos!  bounce  Very Happy
Especially of Arhian, cause I passed on her. Love the concept, but the face looked so bland (even more so than other TBL 1/12 offerings).
I'll certainly share pictures. But they have to arrive first Smile

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Sonja arrived today. No pictures yet, because she arrived late afternoon, and there was a lot of fiddling involved to put her together. Most of it because the strap of her metal bikini came undone, and it took me a long time (and some superglue) to fix it. Also the leather straps of her boots came loose, but these were easily glued back. Now I hope it all holds. It seems to do so far.

1:12 is small Shocked The axe is enormous, for such a little woman. Some of her joints were really stiff, but they're all working now. The dagger sits really loose in its sheath, it falls out easily. The sword however sits tight in its sheath.

I hope to make some pictures of her this weekend.

Arhian is still in transit. Her progress seems to be quite slow. It may take a few weeks for her to arrive. Maybe she travels by boat Laughing

Diana

Diana
TravelGuide wrote:[...]Maybe she travels by boat Laughing
That's what I thought when I read the first part of that line, picturing her as pirate Arhian! Laughing

Shame about your troubles, but I am looking forward to those pictures!

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
It was a bit of a struggle, but in the end it worked out. But for a while I honestly didn't think I could put her bikini back together. One of the rings to which the tiny chain was connected with the cups of her bra, wasn't properly closed I guess. Anyway, the chain came undone from the cup. It was a fiddle to get the chain back in the ring (the holes are tiny), and seemed impossible to then get the ring attached to the cup again, because everytime the chain came lose from the ring as soon as I tried to attach the ring to the cup. So after I put the ring on the chain for the 15th time or so, I decided to then fix it with glue, so it waas firmly attached to the ring. I then opened the ring more, so I could attach it to the cup, and close it again. And that worked.

It still holds, so it seems fine.

The benefit of working home is that during my lunchbreak I could take her out for a few quick pics. As Diane already mentioned, it's hard to plant her on both feet, but she can balance very well, as the pics show. This is how I put her on my windowsill yesterday, and it's quite easy to position her like this. The pictures also show a lot of detail, which in real life is almost impossible to see, due to her size. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the wounds though. And she really should clean her weapons better.

TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) Img_4740

TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) Img_4741

TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) Img_4742

Oh, Diane, I love your avatar BTW. It's a fantasic dynamic pose!

Diana

Diana
Oh wow! Beautiful photos and nice posing!!

TravelGuide wrote:Oh, Diane, I love your avatar BTW. It's a fantasic dynamic pose!
Thank you very much! Very Happy She could actually hold that pose for about two minutes before the ankle finally gave in. ^^

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Diana wrote:Oh wow! Beautiful photos and nice posing!!
Thanks! This pose was actually quite easy to get. Took a lot less time than putting her outfit on (or repairing it actually) Laughing
And although my backyard isn´t in 1:12, it works quite nicely as a background.

Diana wrote:
Thank you very much! Very Happy She could actually hold that pose for about two minutes before the ankle finally gave in. ^^
I'm amazed that she could stand like that at all!

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Red Sonja arrived today. The good news is that I like her much better in hand than I thought I would.

The bad news is the she is running away with the coveted “Most Difficult to Work With” award in the 1/12 TB League category. I was thinking of putting her on a new body without the scars, but I’m going to take TravelGuide’s good advice and leave it alone. If the metal bikini comes off, it’s not going back on without a fight, and I don’t usually win fights with figures.

I should have taken a video and posted it of me trying to get the belt on. It was comedy gold. Both the belt and the thigh bands felt like they could break on me at any moment. Finally, I have a hair plug, not a couple of stray hairs, but entire hair plug, that wants to go in it’s own direction. I’m reminded of just how much I haven’t missed rooted hair in the last 15 years.

All in all though, she’s a great addition as long as I can keep her outfit and accessories intact.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum