OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

TravelGuide

It was a bit of a struggle, but in the end it worked out. But for a while I honestly didn't think I could put her bikini back together. One of the rings to which the tiny chain was connected with the cups of her bra, wasn't properly closed I guess. Anyway, the chain came undone from the cup. It was a fiddle to get the chain back in the ring (the holes are tiny), and seemed impossible to then get the ring attached to the cup again, because everytime the chain came lose from the ring as soon as I tried to attach the ring to the cup. So after I put the ring on the chain for the 15th time or so, I decided to then fix it with glue, so it waas firmly attached to the ring. I then opened the ring more, so I could attach it to the cup, and close it again. And that worked.

It still holds, so it seems fine.

The benefit of working home is that during my lunchbreak I could take her out for a few quick pics. As Diane already mentioned, it's hard to plant her on both feet, but she can balance very well, as the pics show. This is how I put her on my windowsill yesterday, and it's quite easy to position her like this. The pictures also show a lot of detail, which in real life is almost impossible to see, due to her size. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the wounds though. And she really should clean her weapons better.

TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) - Page 2 Img_4740

TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) - Page 2 Img_4741

TBLeague Red Sonja 1/12 Scale Action Figure (PL2020-163) - Page 2 Img_4742

Oh, Diane, I love your avatar BTW. It's a fantasic dynamic pose!

Diana

Oh wow! Beautiful photos and nice posing!!

TravelGuide wrote:Oh, Diane, I love your avatar BTW. It's a fantasic dynamic pose!
Thank you very much! Very Happy She could actually hold that pose for about two minutes before the ankle finally gave in. ^^

TravelGuide

Diana wrote:Oh wow! Beautiful photos and nice posing!!
Thanks! This pose was actually quite easy to get. Took a lot less time than putting her outfit on (or repairing it actually) Laughing
And although my backyard isnĀ“t in 1:12, it works quite nicely as a background.

Diana wrote:
Thank you very much! Very Happy She could actually hold that pose for about two minutes before the ankle finally gave in. ^^
I'm amazed that she could stand like that at all!

Xavion2004

Red Sonja arrived today. The good news is that I like her much better in hand than I thought I would.

The bad news is the she is running away with the coveted “Most Difficult to Work With” award in the 1/12 TB League category. I was thinking of putting her on a new body without the scars, but I’m going to take TravelGuide’s good advice and leave it alone. If the metal bikini comes off, it’s not going back on without a fight, and I don’t usually win fights with figures.

I should have taken a video and posted it of me trying to get the belt on. It was comedy gold. Both the belt and the thigh bands felt like they could break on me at any moment. Finally, I have a hair plug, not a couple of stray hairs, but entire hair plug, that wants to go in it’s own direction. I’m reminded of just how much I haven’t missed rooted hair in the last 15 years.

All in all though, she’s a great addition as long as I can keep her outfit and accessories intact.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I'm glad you like her. I had the same experience with liking her better in hand than I expected. I don't remember having trouble with her belt though.

For the hairproblems, you can consider wetting her hair to try put it back into order.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum