OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Been a while! Making Lamps!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Been a while! Making Lamps! Empty Been a while! Making Lamps! Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:00 am

DonDeG

DonDeG
Hi Everyone!

Gosh...it has to have been over a year since I logged in and posted! I hope all my 1/6 friends are doing well, especially since I haven't talked to anyone since before the pandemic.

As usual, I've been making 1/6 scale furniture and doing mid century fashion doll shots. I thought I would post a few shots for people to see. If you want to see all my recent stuff, i've been using Flickr a lot:

Don's Flickr

and I have my blog too which posts the same pics as Flickr but i describe where everything comes from.   My Blog

i've been on a major binge making 3D printed lamps and thought I'd share a few of those here. Enjoy! Best wishes, Don

Been a while! Making Lamps! 50242872026_a8aa64f75c_cAM Lamp 01 by Don, on Flickr

Been a while! Making Lamps! 50205105496_6159a9082c_cMilan008 by Don, on Flickr

Been a while! Making Lamps! 50098691586_31841aae90_cAsian Lamp by Don, on Flickr

Been a while! Making Lamps! 49903290557_17244236dc_ctriLamp story 02 by Don, on Flickr

Been a while! Making Lamps! 49903290242_9d035d50c9_ctriLamp story 06 by Don, on Flickr

And a couple girly shots:

Been a while! Making Lamps! 50186320693_48f4c08624_cBatgirl3-082 m2 by Don, on Flickr

Been a while! Making Lamps! 49779802287_1f3b37bbf4_cBW4 by Don, on Flickr

Been a while! Making Lamps! 49697989226_ff753c4dc1_cAqua04 by Don, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

2Been a while! Making Lamps! Empty Re: Been a while! Making Lamps! Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:52 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some great stuff, Dan. Glad to see you back (your last post was actually at the end of December 2018!) So much to catch up on. Don’t be a stranger, my friend. Wink

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Been a while! Making Lamps! C8485110

3Been a while! Making Lamps! Empty Re: Been a while! Making Lamps! Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:47 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Welcome back ! Fantastic lamps. The complete furniture in the pictures is amazing. You can get these little Led lamps. Think they are for to put them into ballons and let them fly into the night sky. must be short enough to put them into your lamps.

Been a while! Making Lamps! 00211

4Been a while! Making Lamps! Empty Re: Been a while! Making Lamps! Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:40 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful stuff. I love the style and the workmanship. The realism of your creations continues to impress every time. And, though obviously a little stylized, your ladies are very striking too. Thanks for sharing.

5Been a while! Making Lamps! Empty Re: Been a while! Making Lamps! Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:55 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That is some seriously awesome work! Not to mention great photos -- thank you for sharing! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6Been a while! Making Lamps! Empty Re: Been a while! Making Lamps! Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:18 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So much cool stuff, Don. I’ve been going through your blogs since you last posted; it’s taking me awhile, as I’ve been enjoying all the neat furniture and accessories (like the TV and the Beatles Monopoly — not to mention all the knick knacks and lamps.) I’m taking it slow, but I’ll get back to more of them.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Been a while! Making Lamps! C8485110

7Been a while! Making Lamps! Empty Re: Been a while! Making Lamps! Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:45 am

DonDeG

DonDeG
Hey Everyone! Thanks for all the super nice comments!

Ephiane: Thanks for the tip on the bulbs. I've been experimenting with lights a bit but haven't done any photos worth posting yet. Do you know any vendors who sell these?

GubernatorFan: Thanks so much for the kind words! I strive for realism and it means a lot that you'd notice!

skywalkersaga: Thank you for the nice compliment!

Stryker2011: So nice to hear from you! Ha! I knew it was over a year! Shocked I hope you've been well, my friend! I'll definitely make an effort to pop in more often. That's super nice of you to look over my recent photos! I've picked up a lot of new items and dolls as well. I have a real back log at the moment for photoing everything!

It's great to chat with old friends! I'll see you all soon!

Best wishes!

Don

8Been a while! Making Lamps! Empty Re: Been a while! Making Lamps! Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:03 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Those are some really good looking lamps. The furniture and everything else is also great. I also thought Ephiane's figure was a real person "How is that led thing small when it's bigger than his hand?!" was my thought.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Been a while! Making Lamps! 1f60e

9Been a while! Making Lamps! Empty Re: Been a while! Making Lamps! Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:02 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Don! Great seeing you back on here. The lamps look AWESOME. It's so great seeing your work again, and still blown away every time I see how perfectly you nail that retro aesthetic. Will have to take a deeper dive into your blog too.

10Been a while! Making Lamps! Empty Re: Been a while! Making Lamps! Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:00 pm

Ovy

Ovy
I love lamp!

Never heard of your work before, which makes it even more fun delving through your flickr. So much inspiring beautiful craftsmanship.

11Been a while! Making Lamps! Empty Re: Been a while! Making Lamps! Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:10 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
I´m sorry, Don. Years ago i buyed this. You can try it in the bay. Type in Baloon light led. The measurement has to be 3 cm long and 1 cm in diameter. That must be the same measurement my ones have. I remember i get 20 pieces for round about 5 bucks.

12Been a while! Making Lamps! Empty Re: Been a while! Making Lamps! Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:08 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Fantastic mid-century sets and furniture. I am so jealous!

13Been a while! Making Lamps! Empty Re: Been a while! Making Lamps! Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:42 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Good work.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

14Been a while! Making Lamps! Empty Re: Been a while! Making Lamps! Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:20 am

GregT

glad to see you posting again!
my wife and I always enjoy everything you come up with.
(our daughter also calls it mid-century modern, I call it
'when I was a kid')

15Been a while! Making Lamps! Empty Re: Been a while! Making Lamps! Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:45 am

DonDeG

DonDeG
ReverendSpooky wrote:Don!  Great seeing you back on here.  The lamps look AWESOME.  It's so great seeing your work again, and still blown away every time I see how perfectly you nail that retro aesthetic.  Will have to take a deeper dive into your blog too.

ReverendSpooky! Great to hear from you! I hope you been well all these many moons! Thank you for the nice comments! I'll look forward to being in touch more often and catch up on what you've been up to!

Best wishes!

Don

16Been a while! Making Lamps! Empty Re: Been a while! Making Lamps! Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:51 am

DonDeG

DonDeG
Ovy: Nice to meet you! Thanks for the nice comments! I'll look forward to seeing your stuff!

Ephiane: Thanks! I'll look around on ebay for some of those small lights!

ThePhotogsBlog: Thank you! Haha...don't be jealous...except perhaps of some of my Annie Morrison pieces! Laughing She hand makes 1/6 mid century furniture and is the absolute best at it. Most of what makes my photos look good is her furniture!

ukshaun: Thank you!

GregT: Hey! Nice to hear from you after so long! Thanks for popping in and commenting! I look forward to seeing what you and all my 1/6th buddies are up to! (haha..that sounded funny, as if you are all 1/6 characters or something!)

Best to you all!

Don

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum