OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Empty Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:34 am

Ovy

Ovy
Hello people, 

I need some advice and ideas, I want to make a futuristic Kalashnikov for a futuristic Russian.

The base is one of those cheap 'gun puzzles' from eBay. The AK47 set has wooden parts and it's modern black equivalents. I got two sets, so I have all the extra parts twice.

Here the two variations.
Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200823-160419

I cut off the outer barrel and experimented with the other parts. Don't know yet if I should cut any further. Do these gas piston thingies even work without an outer barrel? Well they might use future technic. But it's still supposed to be a projectile weapon.

Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200823-154359

Some shotgun parts snuck in.
Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200823-154534

Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200823-154641

Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200823-154802

Looking a bit railgunnish.
Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200823-154834

Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200823-154849

Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200823-154915

Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200823-154934

Variation with another magazine.  Less iconic looking then. The stock is easily removable, so imagine all the variations without one. 
Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200823-154949

I also got two of that M...something based on an Avatar machine gun. It will be an American gun, probably will make it shorter. It has a drum magazine which I tried on the AK, and also tried AK parts on the back part, a bit pulse rifleish. (developed by James Cameron's people, after all)
Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200823-155948

I really don't know, I think I like the ones with a 'flat' front the most.
Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200823-160013

2Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Empty Re: Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:52 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I know very little about guns, but will readily tell you that you could have designed the guns for Lucas' next original trilogy (I'm referring to the successful modification of real life guns to look sci fi futuristic, even if a long time ago in galaxy far...). I would be hard put to point to which I like the most, but I'd say the last two sets of three, maybe especially the last set, are among my favorites.

3Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Empty Re: Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:31 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Looks really good, so far. Can´t wait to see Your Character holding this. My favorite is Number 31. You can use some signs, maybe. I made not much modern guns. Found the " Wolfinator 2" in my Arcieves for Your inspiration Laughing When i modified this weapon i made it more compact. I watched pictures of older and modern Guns and i see they get shorter in style.

Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) 00410

Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) 00710

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
What a cool character, Ephiane!

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
gotta say i like it. reminds me of escape from tarkov where you could mod your ak with 10 or so scopes, laser pointers and whatnot Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some nice mods. They look pretty cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:I know very little about guns, but will readily tell you that you could have designed the guns for Lucas' next original trilogy (I'm referring to the successful modification of real life guns to look sci fi futuristic, even if a long time ago in galaxy far...). I would be hard put to point to which I like the most, but I'd say the last two sets of three, maybe especially the last set, are among my favorites.
Thanks a lot sir! Yes I had a bit Star Wars in mind too, they added cylindrical bits and stuff, maybe I might do something like that too. It looks a bit like the long clone rifle or that new rifle from Rogue one, looking like the rifle version of the standard stormtrooper blaster.
And yes, the last is the direction I liked most too.

Ephiane wrote:Looks really good, so far. Can´t wait to see Your Character holding this. My favorite is Number 31. You can use some signs, maybe. I made not much modern guns. Found the " Wolfinator 2" in my Arcieves for Your inspiration Laughing When i modified this weapon i made it more compact. I watched pictures of older and modern Guns and i see they get shorter in style.

Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) 00410

Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) 00710
Thanks a lot! Yeah it's definitely shorter than the original AK now. Like your choice of 31, I agree with Gubernator and you and did go further in that direction. Signs are a good idea, although this gun won't be for a post apocalyptic character and everything will be more industrial.

And thanks for sharing that beautiful character, haven't seen that one yet! Is this the James Bond Halle or the one with the white hair?The repaint job and hair is perfect. 

Tjolnir wrote:gotta say i like it. reminds me of escape from tarkov where you could mod your ak with 10 or so scopes, laser pointers and whatnot Wink
Thanks a lot! And yes, that's something I try to achieve, the AK despite it's age keeping it's simple core design, with modifications through the years.

Stryker2011 wrote:Some nice mods. They look pretty cool.
Thanks sir, next batch coming.

You convinced me to finally cut off the piston thingy portion.
Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200824-003420

It opened the door to more design options.
Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200824-003504

Don't know if I want the barrels to stick out a bit or conceal them. Shotgun part is back too.
Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200824-003536

The weird batch.
Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200824-003608

Upside down muzzle option
Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200824-003640

I like these here
Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200824-003826

Not decided yet, but good to have all options available for revisiting.
Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200824-003911

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good. I think you’ll find that often just removing certain parts of an existing weapon is enough to make it look futuristic, yet still realistic.

9Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Empty Re: Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:29 am

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks good. I think you’ll find that often just removing certain parts of an existing weapon is enough to make it look futuristic, yet still realistic.

Thanks, I think your observation about getting everything more compact makes sense, like Epiphane also mentioned.

The last three batches, then I have to decide which way to glue it together. Or find a way to keep it modular.

With the shotgun grip on the front, forgot these. 
Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200824-012342

Experimental railgunnish.
Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200824-012358

I think the one in the middle is my favourite yet. In the last pic I used the same parts twice, but one set I trimmed.
Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200824-014902

10Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Empty Re: Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:49 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. I like the one in the middle, as well. If you can find a magazine in a more square shape rather than the curve (that will fit) you could possibly streamline it further.

11Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Empty Re: Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:05 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:Yep. I like the one in the middle, as well. If you can find a magazine in a more square shape rather than the curve (that will fit) you could possibly streamline it further.
Yep, I will definitely look out/make another magazine as an option. Although the sickle shaped magazine is a nice hint to the guns origins.

I think I decided now, not hundred percent sure about the barrels sticking out a bit.

Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200828-180012

Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) PSX-20200828-180036

12Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Empty Re: Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:33 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think it is a great choice among many viable options.

13Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Empty Re: Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:27 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good.

14Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Empty Re: Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:27 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Can't wait to see what you are planning with those.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) 1f60e

15Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Empty Re: Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:27 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Looks great so far. I like the overall. Can´t wait the more

16Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Empty Re: Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:15 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Loving the look of these! They manage to look both sci-fi and grounded in a realistic way, and fit your rebuilt post-apocalyptic setting perfectly. Can't wait to see where you take them.

17Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Empty Re: Futuristic Kalashnikov? (many photos) Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:20 pm

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:I think it is a great choice among many viable options.
Thanks sir
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks good.
Thanks
Theboo-bomb wrote:Can't wait to see what you are planning with those.
It might take a while, still having to figure out a lot for the outfits, but thanks.
Ephiane wrote:Looks great so far. I like the overall. Can´t wait the more
Thanks, yeah that's a khaki BBI flight suit, a link is in my coverall thread.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Loving the look of these!  They manage to look both sci-fi and grounded in a realistic way, and fit your rebuilt post-apocalyptic setting perfectly.  Can't wait to see where you take them.
Thanks a lot! Yeah, you could call it hard SciFi for nerds who want it all to be believably realistic. xD And no they are not meant for my post apocalyptic world, automatic guns would take all the balance out of that gunless world. It's for another super mega top secret project I had to create so I could use other more modern designs I want to use.

I just wanted to post a link of the guns. eBay is flooded with them, a great way to acquire cheap Chinese guns (sounds so wrong)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-World-Famous-Gun-Serie-Assemble-Weapon-Model-Action-Figure-Xmas-Gift-Toy/323635823836?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D225080%26meid%3Da296f8b0822b41b9a32d642a2c0da04b%26pid%3D100935%26rk%3D10%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dsb%26sd%3D223311902936%26itm%3D323635823836%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2332490%26algv%3DSimplAMLv5PairwiseWebWithBBEV2bDemotion%26brand%3DUnbranded&_trksid=p2332490.c100935.m2460

Also I'd say they might be 1/5.5 scale rather than 1/6 scale

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum