OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Collection Today

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Collection Today Empty My Collection Today Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:00 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
My Collection Today 50259644291_06d8e27dcf_c20200823_0012 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

I'll keep this short. Just a quick photo of my expanded 1/6th figure collection. I got my first figure in Dec 2018, so while my collection is not so big as many others, it has grown. The newest additions are a second version of Kamiko, without her makeup or red bow, as I imagine she would remove both before going to bed or bathing and Erika's new henchman, Feldwebel Heinz Pfeffer. Lets see how many of you get that joke. The good (or evil) Feldwebel at present constitutes my only non-seamless figure. The figure, head sculpt, clothing and gear were all obtained parted out from Monkey Depot. I reasoned that since this figure would be dressed from head to foot, I did not need a seamless figure and since I need to build up lots of henchmen, it would be cheaper to get a few non seamless types. The body and head are DiD. This being said, now that I compare seamless to non-seamless figures, I find the non seamless types much lighter; so much so that the slightest breeze will knock them over. Further, they simply don't have the range of articulation as the TBLeague seamless figures and when you combine these two factors, posing them realistically becomes much harder. This being said, I will probably invest in a few more, just to have lots of cannon fodder for Kimono Troop to slaughter in battle. Wink

I'll write more about Heinz at a later date, and post some more photos of him.

As always, your feedback is much appreciated.

2My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:16 pm

GregT

gorgeous assortment of 1/6 femmes fatales, stunning even.
(....and yes I got the pun)

3My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:20 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GregT wrote:gorgeous assortment of 1/6 femmes fatales, stunning even.
(....and yes I got the pun)

Thanks.  I'm glad you like them. Pfeffer's name was almost "Schultz," but that seemed too obvious a choice.

4My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:23 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Great figure collection. If I may suggest, if going for jointed bodies, invest in the World Box bodies — they are generally heavier than most of the cheap stuff, and have much better articulation (especially the 11 and 25). They were designed for extreme poses.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Collection Today C8485110

5My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:49 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Great figure collection. If I may suggest, if going for jointed bodies, invest in the World Box bodies — they are generally heavier than most of the cheap stuff, and have much better articulation (especially the 11 and 25). They were designed for extreme poses.

Thanks for the tip. I do not remember having seen them anywhere but I'll look into it. This being said, they have to be substantially cheaper than TBLeague bodies for me to invest in any. What I need is cheap cannon fodder as I think that hostilities may break out soon between Stryker Blue Squadron and Stahltruppe.

6My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:19 pm

Ovy

Ovy
That's a really nice idea with the group shot and the name tags.

Excited for all the upcoming sauce puns regarding Heinz. Very Happy
Good look with the disposable henchmen army, I guess with uniforms and face coverings you can reuse/kill the same figures over and over again.

7My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:53 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Ovy wrote:That's a really nice idea with the group shot and the name tags.

Excited for all the upcoming sauce puns regarding Heinz. Very Happy
Good look with the disposable henchmen army, I guess with uniforms and face coverings you can reuse/kill the same figures over and over again.

I was thinking along the same lines for recycling baddies. Even coming up with a justification for making them all wear gas masks or something like that. I'm not quite sure you quite got the joke about Feldwebel Pfeffer.

8My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:44 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Good photo. Neat collection.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

9My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:34 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ukshaun wrote:Good photo. Neat collection.

Thanks

10My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:49 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Nice lineup, we get to see the whole cast! As someone who usually makes grittier/dirty characters, it's refreshing to see yours so clean and pristine. It's interesting to see a male character in the predominantly female cast; I look forward to seeing how that does or does not work out in his favor. Razz

11My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:14 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Nice lineup, we get to see the whole cast! As someone who usually makes grittier/dirty characters, it's refreshing to see yours so clean and pristine. It's interesting to see a male character in the predominantly female cast; I look forward to seeing how that does or does not work out in his favor. Razz

Thank-you. Kimono Troop have a sento and maintain very strict standards of hygiene and femininity, despite the world having gone to crap. There will be more male characters in the future, but since the premise of my post-apocalyptic world is that most mean have died of plague or war, the men are seriously outnumbered by the women.

12My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:33 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooh, how neat to see the alternative version of Kamiko --- makes me feel less crazy for having so many multiple versions of the same characters in my own collection, lol. :'D And I'm absolutely loving the group photo! Your collection has grown so much since the start, and is all the more impressive for being kitbashes made to your own specifications. Because of this, they also have a very unifying aesthetic that really makes them look like they all belong in the same 'verse. Delightful figures, and may your post-apocalyptic group grow even more!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

13My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:51 am

csyeung

csyeung
Great collection!

14My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:55 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
csyeung wrote:Great collection!

Thank-you. It's work in progress.

15My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:56 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:Ooh, how neat to see the alternative version of Kamiko --- makes me feel less crazy for having so many multiple versions of the same characters in my own collection, lol. :'D And I'm absolutely loving the group photo! Your collection has grown so much since the start, and is all the more impressive for being kitbashes made to your own specifications. Because of this, they also have a very unifying aesthetic that really makes them look like they all belong in the same 'verse. Delightful figures, and may your post-apocalyptic group grow even more!

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. There are more characters in the works, parts being slowly found, ordered, assembled. This is an addictive hobby to say the least.

16My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:48 am

GregT

ThePhotogsBlog wrote: ....and Erika's new henchman, Feldwebel Heinz Pfeffer. Lets see how many of you get that joke.    

allow me to throw a hint out there, if I may--

My Collection Today Download_zpsa68blcvz

is the same as

My Collection Today FxOHnk6

17My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:18 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GregT wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote: ....and Erika's new henchman, Feldwebel Heinz Pfeffer. Lets see how many of you get that joke.    

allow me to throw a hint out there, if I may--

My Collection Today Download_zpsa68blcvz

is the same as

My Collection Today FxOHnk6

It's a two-parter though...

18My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:12 am

GregT

ThePhotogsBlog wrote: It's a two-parter though...

ja, und Soldaten der Stahltruppe nennen ihn "Feldwebel-Pepper"....
deutsche Komödie!

19My Collection Today Empty Re: My Collection Today Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:49 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's a good shot of all your stars, Heinz is a very lucky man, at least in this instance.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! My Collection Today 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum