OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:13 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I’m absolutely going to lose my $#@t if they actually go through with that mermaid! So cool.

Here’s some others that I found interesting (not sure if some are just the older figures being displayed or new versions):

Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 8090ff10
Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Cc85f510
Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 D8488410
Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 B5aa7910
Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Ee059810
Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 25d85a10
Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 209a9010
Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 5bf06810
Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 7c68dc10

27Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:14 pm

gooboo

The cat heads look way too small compared to their bodies. They're almost smaller than the breasts!

28Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:19 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
gooboo wrote:The cat heads look way too small compared to their bodies. They're almost smaller than the breasts!

That’s pretty much what drives me nuts about all of their Egyptian figures. I mean, seriously, why can’t they make proportional to an actual human head. They make these things look incredibly stupid with these tiny heads.

29Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:19 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
A green-skinned Osiris is accurate, but why with hooves? Oh well... Yes, the cat head is ridiculous. In Egyptian canon it would be scaled to look sensible for the human body; it would also sport a perfectly serene expression.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

30Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:45 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Love these bone witches

Edit: Diablo III inspired?

31Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:34 pm

Android18

Android18
Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 19901310

32Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:36 pm

Android18

Android18
Yeah that bone witche looks great. I cant seem to find any more pics of that 1/3 figure. Looks interesting.

33Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:54 pm

ahbake

Wow, just got through browsing those pics, some truly amazing stuff!
And what is that large figure next to the muscular naked, headless muscular body? Looks fantastic.

34Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:37 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ahbake wrote:Wow, just got through browsing those pics, some truly amazing stuff!
And what is that large figure next to the muscular naked, headless muscular body? Looks fantastic.

Sadly, it’s 1/4 scale, and not sure what it is supposed to be other than a near naked girl — but at least it looks realistic.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 C8485110

35Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:02 am

Android18

Android18
its not the clearest pic, but at least we can get a rough idea of this figure.Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 A-min10Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 B-min10Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 C-min10Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 D-min10Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 E-min10

36Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:05 am

ahbake

Stryker2011 wrote:
ahbake wrote:Wow, just got through browsing those pics, some truly amazing stuff!

Sadly, it’s 1/4 scale, and not sure what it is supposed to be other than a near naked girl — but at least it looks realistic.

I'm guessing it's a statue, right? But yeah, it's a really beautiful (body) sculpt. Reminds a bit of those Edaction (I think that was the name) bodies that came out around the same time of the first Phicen bodies. Did anyone ever have one of those? The sculpt and proportions were great.

37Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:08 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Android18 wrote:its not the clearest pic, but at least we can get a rough idea of this figure.Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 A-min10Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 B-min10

So that’s 1/12 Tariah and Skarah down below and 1/6 Tariah on the shelf above them.  The interesting thing about that is that I was on a site the other day (and for the life of me, I’ll never remember which one) that had 1/6 Tariah and 1/6 Arhian (City of Horrors) up for preorder with a Q3 2021 release date.  I just wrote it off, because I’ve seen sites that have 2-3 year old figures showing as preorders that have long since been released and sold out, but now I’m wondering if 1/6 Tariah and Arhian are being re-released.  Does TBL ever do that?  They are both ARH Studios characters like the blue mermaid, so obviously that relationship is still in place from a licensing standpoint.

38Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:19 pm

gooboo

They did a second release of the original Anubis figure a while back. If they think they'll make enough money I don't see why they wouldn't do that with some of their other releases.

39Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:34 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ahbake wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

I'm guessing it's a statue, right? But yeah, it's a really beautiful (body) sculpt. Reminds a bit of those Edaction (I think that was the name) bodies that came out around the same time of the first Phicen bodies. Did anyone ever have one of those? The sculpt and proportions were great.

I have both iterations of the Edation “Hot Stuff” bodies. The second version had a much more realistic skin tone than the first (which is very yellow — works pretty good with a Kumik sculpt), but neither one of them was fun to work with. Ratchet system joints and limited articulation — though the sculpts were far more realistic than anything Phicen was doing at the time. The only long term drawback to the second iteration was the change in materials used for the “skin” — it’s very, very “greasy”, and leaves an oily film on your hands when handling it.

40Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:16 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Wow there's some interesting figures here, the mermaid is particularly interesting and if the tail is seamless too that would super cool. I wonder if the purple lady is an attempt at a drow elf.

The guy in the yellow coat looks like something out of The Outer Worlds or something.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 1f60e

41Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:04 pm

davidd

davidd
Ah, Wonderfest! That is where new Pinky Street figures, as well as limited editions, were often released each year. Pinky Street custom figs were once a popular exhibit at Wonderfest, as well. Them wuz the days!

Glad to know Wonderfest is still around, and has apparently survived the ravages of You Know What.

42Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:37 am

brassco

brassco
Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Ee059810

This one looks like it's from TBL. And the mermaid is the one to look out for!

43Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:20 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Yeah looks lie TBleague but it was in the Poptoys section. Looks like a very intersting design imo!

44Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:56 am

Diana

Diana
Xavion2004 wrote:... but now I’m wondering if 1/6 Tariah and Arhian are being re-released.  Does TBL ever do that?

gooboo wrote:They did a second release of the original Anubis figure a while back. If they think they'll make enough money I don't see why they wouldn't do that with some of their other releases.

Vampirella and Purgatori 1/12 also re-appeared as pre-order after release at Giantoy, so there's hope. I already have both 1/12 Valkykries (and they are magnificent!), but I'd be tempted by Arhian, City of Horrors in 1/6. That sculpt is gorgeous!

brassco wrote:This one looks like it's from TBL. And the mermaid is the one to look out for!

The face doesn't look very TBL to me. More like Lucifer.

45Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:10 pm

ahbake

Stryker2011 wrote:
ahbake wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

I have both iterations of the Edation “Hot Stuff” bodies. The second version had a much more realistic skin tone than the first (which is very yellow — works pretty good with a Kumik sculpt), but neither one of them was fun to work with. Ratchet system joints and limited articulation — though the sculpts were far more realistic than anything Phicen was doing at the time. The only long term drawback to the second iteration was the change in materials used for the “skin” — it’s very, very “greasy”, and leaves an oily film on your hands when handling it.

I still think the Edation figures had the best, most realistic body sculpt. Then again, maybe my memory is playing tricks... Actually, I don't think I ever saw a review or actual in hand pics of those bodies... Do you have any you could share?

46Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:43 am

Delanie

Delanie
I really want the Mermaid, anyone betting they don't release her?

47Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:56 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Delanie wrote:I really want the Mermaid, anyone betting they don't release her?

Mad DON'T SAY THAT!!!! YOU MAY HAVE JUST JINXED IT!!! Sad

(In all seriousness, I hope you are wrong. I'm planning to order a case of those damn things -- I've been trying to think of ways to make a mermaid FOREVER. Even if I cut one up, or made an additional mold of the fin, so I could then make my own mermaid without the blue skin tone, I'll be a happy camper.)

48Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:53 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I've been trying to think of ways to make a mermaid FOREVER. Even if I cut one up, or made an additional mold of the fin, so I could then make my own mermaid without the blue skin tone, I'll be a happy camper.)

Hasn't Ephiane shown us the way? I also saw some at the dollar store the other day, but I think the fish part was hard plastic, mostly.

49Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:56 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
The mermaid is an AHR Studios character. I’m pretty certain that they will release her. It will be interesting to see how they do the tail. I’m sure they’re not going to invest the time and money into tooling for a one-off. My guess is that we’ll see a series of three flesh toned mermaids not too far down the line as well.

50Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:03 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:The mermaid is an AHR Studios character.  I’m pretty certain that they will release her.  It will be interesting to see how they do the tail.  I’m sure they’re not going to invest the time and money into tooling for a one-off.  My guess is that we’ll see a series of three flesh toned mermaids not too far down the line as well.

Hmm, maybe that does increase the chances of it making it, if it is ARH. Have they ever failed to produce those characters? I would be perfectly ok with it if those were normal TBLeague bodies with a special fish tail accessory fitting over the lower part. That way, add a couple of attachable feet, and one could transition between mermaid and landmaid as needed. Heck, add a Daryl Hannah head too. Smile

51Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:26 am

Delanie

Delanie
I like the way the tail is not the classic scales down to the fin at the end. In the pictures the lower half does seem to be flexible both show a different pose.

52Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Festival 2020 Shanghai Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:25 am

Nekk-ra

If TBLeague has figured out how to do a seamless mermaid, will they be doing a Gorgon figure in the future? Both ARH and Sideshow's Court of the Dead have such creatures in their roster.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum