OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:00 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Pericolo Di Mutanti Giganti

Southern Europe, far future.

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) S01

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) S02b

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) S03

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) S06

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) S07

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) S08

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) S09

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) S10

2The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:13 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ooh, cool. Glad to see you back at your world. And another little kid figure. Looking forward to seeing more pics.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) C8485110

3The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:47 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very nice teaser. Wink I am also looking forward to the full photoshoot. (Yes I know, I am a bit spoilered on what it is already, but I am excited to finally see it here!)

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:38 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It looks very promising. Nice tease and nice custom child figure. The setting and the weathered sign look amazing too. And I see you are as committed as ever (and equally successful) in concealing those unrealistic joints. Smile

5The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:56 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
On that first picture, it looks like a vulcanic area. Black sand and that yellow shimmering. 

But once she uncovers it, we quickly find out it is something far more dangerous than lava or volcanoes.  Smile

Neat little sequence! Well posed as always and like Gub said, you always think of conceling the joints!

6The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:09 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
You should be a director of a post-apocalyptic film. This is a very exciting start to a story that makes you want to see more. Great Storytelling just by pictures. The sign in the sand looks like real rusty metal.

7The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:19 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Nice to see more of Corniglia!
Great photography! The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) 1f600

8The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:02 am

blackpool

blackpool
awesome shots, very atmospheric!

9The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:15 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Maybe we’ll get lucky enough to see a sequence like this scene from the 1961 Mysterious Island movie…?

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) 01832510

10The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:36 am

Illusion

Illusion
Laughing
now, THAT‘s a scene to redo in 1/6
go for it Ovy alien

so nice to see the discovery of the plate unfold… very well done 👏🏻 (but how else anyway Wink )

11The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:00 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Here some clean Pics of the character. I actually started this character before there were Mr Z Child bodies. But I lost motiviation, the face was very white, the body very yellow. Now I painted both a little to better fit together. I only finished it because went on vacation, and I needed a fitting figure for the Mediterranean.

The hair I rooted with the same lambwool used for her mama.
The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) P01

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) P01b

The shell on her belt I found on a beach this vacation, these pics were taken after.
The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) P02

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) P03

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) P04

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) P05

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) P06

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) P07

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) P08a

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) P09

Not much WIP,

here is the original head.
The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) PSX-20200314-000210

I only had an Obitsu body left and didn't wnat to have to buy another child figure set, I was just specualating on someone releasing child bodies some day.
The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) PSX-20200314-000259

On the "Wolf Boy" body the head still is a bit too big.
The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) PSX-20200314-000439

The MR Z bodies are a bit taller than the Wolf Boy body. She was very pale here.
The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) PSX-20210319-194405

Made a mould and copied the head for possible future characters.
The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) PSX-20210319-194707

Stryker2011 wrote:Ooh, cool. Glad to see you back at your world. And another little kid figure. Looking forward to seeing more pics.
Thanks sir. Yeah the vacation in Italy finally pushed me to finish the figure.

skywalkersaga wrote:Very nice teaser. Wink I am also looking forward to the full photoshoot. (Yes I know, I am a bit spoilered on what it is already, but I am excited to finally see it here!)
Thanks! Yeah there is not that much new to discover but  

GubernatorFan wrote:It looks very promising. Nice tease and nice custom child figure. The setting and the weathered sign look amazing too. And I see you are as committed as ever (and equally successful) in concealing those unrealistic joints. Smile
Thanks! Those signs were a little gimmick I came up with a few days before the trip.

Valiarde wrote:On that first picture, it looks like a vulcanic area. Black sand and that yellow shimmering. 

But once she uncovers it, we quickly find out it is something far more dangerous than lava or volcanoes.  Smile

Neat little sequence! Well posed as always and like Gub said, you always think of conceling the joints!
Thanks, and joints would be much easier to conceal if humans had crab limbs.

Ephiane wrote:You should be a director of a post-apocalyptic film. This is a very exciting start to a story that makes you want to see more. Great Storytelling  just by pictures. The sign in the sand looks like real rusty metal.
Thanks so much! I made it stealing free vector graphics and put them together in inkscape, printed them out on yellow paper, glued to plastic, then added some pigment and acrylics.

Randam Hajile wrote:Nice to see more of Corniglia!
Great photography!  The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) 1f600
Thanks!

blackpool wrote:awesome shots, very atmospheric!
Merci!

Stryker2011 wrote:Maybe we’ll get lucky enough to see a sequence like this scene from the 1961 Mysterious Island movie…?

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) 01832510
Ha, maybe, but not this year and probably not the next.  Some years ago I joked about getting giant crabs for the Mediterrans, but maybe It is something I will actually try to get one day. Don't know how yet, I don't know any crab fisher and not many people who live by the sea. But I remember prepared king crabs etc being used as decoration in bars etc. A crab would make a great jointed figure. And would stand easier than two legged human figures.

Illusion wrote:Laughing
now, THAT‘s a scene to redo in 1/6
go for it Ovy alien

so nice to see the discovery of the plate unfold… very well done 👏🏻  (but how else anyway Wink  )
Yes it's definitely something I'd like to create, in my mind it looks very awesome.

The sign sequence was made in the very early morning, after spending the night on a hidden folding chair next to the sea, surfboards, rats and pigeons in Camogli.

I will post more Outdoor pictures next but I will have to sort them a bit.

12The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:24 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She’s adorable. You did a great job (as usual) with the repaint, hair and outfit/accessories. Very cool.

13The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:58 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I love her so much, so charming and adorable. And so beautifully and lovingly put together, just like all your creations. You did a great job of covering up the joints as always, and the blue beads look lovely with the sandy coloured fabric. Speaking of which, I'll always be envious for that thin gauzy fabric, it just works so well with 1/6 scale. :')

Looking forward to making some kid characters myself someday. And maybe Stryker could have a 1/6 kid or two in his western town. Razz

14The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:08 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m going to have a couple kids for sure. I got a Ron Weasley and Stranger Things Eleven, and a teen girl from some video game to help populate my town with young people. I don’t have any as young as Ovy’s yet.

15The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:29 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She is absolutely charming (and I hardly ever refer to children that way!), and now that we see all of her, even more amazingly well done. Cute without being dolly, fun without being silly. As usual, your tiny details are perfectly placed and perfectly painted (where needed) to create a magically realistic individual. And I absolutely love that snail shell on the top of the walking stick.
What head is this?

16The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:08 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
I love this tread! Your stuff is so cool!

17The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:53 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GF -- The headsculpt is usually titled something like 'monk child head' or similar on ebay.

18The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:27 am

davidd

davidd
I see that Stryker has already commented on how effectively you disguised the articulation points without it seeming obvious that's what you were doing. Quite an artistically designed custom figure, emphasizing the strengths of the sculpt and body while minimizing the the drawbacks such as the distracting joint gaps.

And the giant crab warning sign is brilliant!

19The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:04 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:GF -- The headsculpt is usually titled something like 'monk child head' or similar on ebay.
Thanks, Sky. Using that, I was able to find it, but I can see why Ovy created a mold for casts. Smile

20The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:25 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:She’s adorable. You did a great job (as usual) with the repaint, hair and outfit/accessories. Very cool.
Thanks a lot, as usual!

skywalkersaga wrote:I love her so much, so charming and adorable. And so beautifully and lovingly put together, just like all your creations. You did a great job of covering up the joints as always, and the blue beads look lovely with the sandy coloured fabric. Speaking of which, I'll always be envious for that thin gauzy fabric, it just works so well with 1/6 scale. :')

Looking forward to making some kid characters myself someday. And maybe Stryker could have a 1/6 kid or two in his western town. Razz
Thanks so much, yeah blue and sand equals beach and sea, my simple association. And I am pretty sure you can get that kind of fabric in most stores were socks and tights are sold.
Also looking forward to your characters  Very Happy

Stryker2011 wrote:I’m going to have a couple kids for sure. I got a Ron Weasley and Stranger Things Eleven, and a teen girl from some video game to help populate my town with young people. I don’t have any as young as Ovy’s yet.
Good to hear, I imagine Ron with an oversized black hat.

GubernatorFan wrote:She is absolutely charming (and I hardly ever refer to children that way!), and now that we see all of her, even more amazingly well done. Cute without being dolly, fun without being silly. As usual, your tiny details are perfectly placed and perfectly painted (where needed) to create a magically realistic individual. And I absolutely love that snail shell on the top of the walking stick.
What head is this?
Thanks a lot, I try to take the child characters seriously and create them as people with their own personalities and not just accessoires to the adults. Glad you like it.

BAMComix wrote:I love this tread! Your stuff is so cool!
Thanks so much!

davidd wrote:I see that Stryker has already commented on how effectively you disguised the articulation points without it seeming obvious that's what you were doing. Quite an artistically designed custom figure, emphasizing the strengths of the sculpt and body while minimizing the the drawbacks such as the distracting joint gaps.

And the giant crab warning sign is brilliant!

Thanks so much! Yeah the first Mediterran/my third custom figure has a jointed body (Corniglias aunt Capraia) and I had the freedom to design the costume as I liked and hide all the joints, which I have to do with every figure now.
Here the only WIP of the sign, were it is almost finished. Had to hurry there haha. Would love to put them on real metal plates and rust them.
The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Img_2101

I think the head is a modified forgery of the Lakor Kendo kid. The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Cdd77a64-f9a7-42c8-867b-42996b537cd3

They probably used the Kendo head and removed the hair, then refined and copied it. There were hints of sanding scratches on the upper head (from the original head that was used in the mold)

I think ebayer hitjust is the only source were it is available. They have/had at least two other bald heads for possible rehairing available. Paid around 30€ some years ago.  I guess the price might have gone up because there suddenly was a child body available and no heads for it, and it seems there are only two left in stock if you believe the system.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/314155823518?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0&ssspo=qmx9cqqqryq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=PjjbSUaqRlC&var=&widget_ver=artemis

21The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:46 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love the signs. They look just like the real thing would.
And thanks for the extra info on the head. After Sky pointed me towards a name to search, I saw a listing by another seller (or the same by another name), but for slightly less money.

There is this one with hair:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/175050058074

22The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:48 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, the signs are extremely realistic and convincing. Very impressive. : )

And I dearly hope there are more of those 'child monk' heads left, since I keep meaning to purchase more myself....

23The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:52 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, those signs are glorious in their realism.

24The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:26 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:And I dearly hope there are more of those 'child monk' heads left, since I keep meaning to purchase more myself....
There are. Here with black hair:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324480414041

25The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:34 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
These children heads are quiet expensive on ebay. I like the Do it yourself approach here. 

And the signs are great - I hope you left one back in Italy for tourists. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum