OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

History of Artillery-- 17th century

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 Empty Re: History of Artillery-- 17th century Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:43 am

GregT

let's wrap this up with a little bit of the 17th century, and maybe continue with 18/19/20th centuries in another thread later on
with the more commercially available field artillery and uniforms. thanks for all the kind comments, everybody!

Thirty Years' War
History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 IMG_8968
this is a Denix cannon with bigger wheels and hubs made out of old sewing thread spools, with a couple of characters
in the Ignite musketeer uniforms soaked in strong tea. the matchlock and powder cartridge belt is from the inimitable
Tony Barton, the rope-wrapped powder barrels were fashioned from chunks of old wood.

History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 2aae3771-71eb-4daf-80a3-5fe28496eaf5_zpsnvwplfop

History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 IMG_7212_zpsnmlokqi6

English Civil War
History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 IMG_7391_zpsi3ohlcsl

this fellow reminds me of the Waggoner in this pic from Haythornthwaite's  The English Civil War--
History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 Shirt_zpsximi6fkt

History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 F87c10af-6bff-46a6-a32c-6785cfb630c4_zps9ngauone

Fav Pike'n'Shot Pics - Page 29 - Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History
History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 Fual_zpshaveka4n

I had the tube and the wheels but couldn't find a small split-trail carriage for 'em so I had to make one from scratch
History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 IMG_7406_zpspyvezhqp

Early 17th century
History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 IMG_9014
these are the older SST figures, one in the Ignite French Guardsman outfit (w/what might be the finest 1/6 rapier ever made,
and flintlock pistol by Tony Barton). their facial hair seemed appropriate for the era

Ottoman-Habsburg Wars, late 17th century
History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 IMG_8981

History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 Austrianartilleryman1671-1History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 Siegeofvienna-1

History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 IMG_8996

52History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 Empty Re: History of Artillery-- 17th century Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:04 am

skywalkersaga

Ooooooh, these are awesome!!!!

53History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 Empty Re: History of Artillery-- 17th century Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:06 am

Valiarde

Wow I love them - stunning realisitc figures and the cannon is on fire Very Happy

Very cool! Those outfits are the best

30y war ones and ottoman-habsburg are my favourite from among your figures

54History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 Empty Re: History of Artillery-- 17th century Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:33 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I love these figures. It is so impressive that you have amassed/created not only a collection of artillery pieces from different eras, but also the appropriate personnel and characters -- and sometimes background props -- to go with them. You can set up a whole museum exhibit!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

55History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 Empty Re: History of Artillery-- 17th century Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:57 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Stunning again, might be one of your best artillery entries yet, if they can be compared anyway. Those heads are great and very unique looking, no known actors and nice long hairstyles on some. The carriers look incredibly real.  The outdoor shot woth the horse is my favourite, nice piece of wall you got there.

Will we see the full rapier, as it is one of the finest ever made?

56History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 Empty Re: History of Artillery-- 17th century Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:34 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I'm loving all those wonderful artillery pieces. Those figures reminded me of this painting by Eugenio Caxés which portrays the Battle of San Juan of 1625.
History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 OLYks7w

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 1f60e

57History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 Empty Re: History of Artillery-- 17th century Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:08 pm

GregT

Ovy wrote:Will we see the full rapier?

the two on the left are mix-and-match Toledo letter openers, I did the belts and sewed
the scabbard for the foreground one. upper right is the conquistador John Carter of Mars
sword, the Ignite belt/frog and sword hilt are delicate little gems
History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 IMG_9026_(2)

58History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 Empty Re: History of Artillery-- 17th century Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:57 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! I love all these new figures and cannon. Really great attention to detail, particularly on the one you had to make from scratch. Your French Guardsman is so cool; another area I’d like to get into is recreating the Musketeers from Dumas’s book (mainly based on the engravings from the original novel — but I’d settle for them based on the movie with Michael York, etc.). Awesome stuff.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 C8485110

59History of Artillery-- 17th century - Page 3 Empty Re: History of Artillery-- 17th century Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:07 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
There's so much to like about all of this, hard to know where to begin! At first I was confused as I didn't catch when it was first posted, and the title said Tenochtitlan 1521 but I saw Romans and their catapult!  Laughing
But seriously, that catapult, all the cannons and their customizations, the figures that went with them, all beautifully put together and photographed. And yes, you have to shoot video of that catapult firing and post it for us!

Awesome job!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum