OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Diana

Diana
While she is far from finished, I wanted to join in on the fun of sharing snow pictures of my creations. So I might as well start now. I'll expand this thread as I make progress with the other characters and Tanea herself. Tanea is the only one who comes close to capturing the essence of what she looks like, but it's hard to find close fitting stuff that matches the design in my head.

"Dream of Me" started out as a 22-page comic book story, expanded into a comic book series, which I then changed to a movie script. The first of three. Which has been unfinished for years. Rolling Eyes

We are in Azardea, a city in a parallel world that is connected to ours via a Dream World. Here people have never forgotten the connection between spirit and science. Mindless entertainment is harder to find, but you will find well built long lasting and beautiful buildings, electrical transport and plenty of greenery.

People in this world usually have enhanced abilities of either physical or mental nature, but never both. (Except for Maek. He is quite the anomaly, but this thread is not about him yet...) Until recently the physically gifted were the losers of society, their talents and focus being thought of as "lesser".

Seers rule this world. The center of education (and control) is The Academy at the heart of Azardea, where people are trained to travel the Dream World, a privilege initially only given to the mentally gifted. The initial and official mission is to learn from the travels, but a threat has emerged and dreamers need protecting, as well as the travellers themselves. The public is not aware of the dangers that lie within, but suddenly The Academy opened its doors to the physically gifted...

Maek is the leader of the top expedition team and Tanea is his second. She is a Hunter (the name given to those with physical talents), and her strongest talents are strength and robustness. Naturally she fights in close combat, preferably with a big fat sword (which, much like her armor, she doesn't have yet).
She has a mind of her own and won't follow anyone blindly. In Maek she has found someone she will follow/co-lead and fight to the death with. And of course there is chemistry, too, but their relationship is complicated. While they trust each other fully and will get intimate, too, they also keep a certain emotional distance, possibly due to them sensing that life has big things in store for each of them, and it may lead them in different directions...

Aside from being a champion in the arena (a semi-public forum for Academy team sports in the spirit of Capture the Flag) she is happy to stay under the radar and live in Maek's shadow. He keeps her rebellious nature in check, while she challenges his blind loyalty whenever she sees fit.

Her element is Earth. Her totem animal is the bear.

There is a forest on The Academy grounds where she loves to take walks, and sometimes they get snow, too. Wink

2 - Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! Img_0311
2 - Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! Img_0310
2 - Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! Img_0312
2 - Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! Img_0314
2 - Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! Img_0313
2 - Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! Img_0317
2 - Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! Img_0316
2 - Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! Img_0318
2 - Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! Img_0319

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Is it so dangerous for a pretty lady here, that you can only show up armed?

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
And another one who's taking pictures of their figure in the snow. Looks like everyone is jumping on this bandwagon, and that is a good thing Smile

Wonderful pictures of her in the snow. I like her outfit too. The boots are great, but may not be the best for walking in the snow Wink

You've done a great job of photographing her in situations where it looks like she's right on scale. Especially the picture of her at the fence is very realistic.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She looks like a total bad@$$, and she must be tough as Hell to be out in the cold with no jacket.

Have you thought of sketching out your idea for her clothing in order to have a visual guid for either making or looking for her clothing? I often find that is the easiest way for me to “see” a character how I see them in my mind (granted, it doesn’t always work out the way I want). And I feel your pain when it comes to uncompleted projects (particularly comics, stories, etc.). One of my earliest ideas was back in 1989 when I was stationed at Ramstein AFB, took too long to get that comic project going, and then goddamn Tomb Raider the video game came out, and it was too close to my idea, so I put off finishing it (though I have decided to make a figure of the character I came up with).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

2 - Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! C8485110

Diana

Diana
Gizems nice Kittens wrote:Is it so dangerous for a pretty lady here, that you can only show up armed?

The only reason for going into the Academy Woods in gear would be if she went right after training. There will be tense times at the Academy Grounds, but she won't be there to witness them...

TravelGuide wrote:And another one who's taking pictures of their figure in the snow. Looks like everyone is jumping on this bandwagon, and that is a good thing Smile

Wonderful pictures of her in the snow. I like her outfit too. The boots are great, but may not be the best for walking in the snow Wink

You've done a great job of photographing her in situations where it looks like she's right on scale. Especially the picture of her at the fence is very realistic.
Thank you very much! Smile

She is actually not supposed to be wearing tights. Or spandex even. The uniform I envision has a leathery texture, while still being quite thin. And it should be greyish brown. Hard to find anything like that. But I'll keep looking or learn to make it.

Stryker2011 wrote:She looks like a total bad@$$, and she must be tough as Hell to be out in the cold with no jacket.

Have you thought of sketching out your idea for her clothing in order to have a visual guid for either making or looking for her clothing? I often find that is the easiest way for me to “see” a character how I see them in my mind (granted, it doesn’t always work out the way I want). And I feel your pain when it comes to uncompleted projects (particularly comics, stories, etc.). One of my earliest ideas was back in 1989 when I was stationed at Ramstein AFB, took too long to get that comic project going, and then goddamn Tomb Raider the video game came out, and it was too close to my idea, so I put off finishing it (though I have decided to make a figure of the character I came up with).

Very Happy Thank you!  I love you

I have paid for multiple commissions, actually. This is my favorite so far: https://www.deviantart.com/dropdeadcoheed/art/Tanea-668483149
And it's been a while since I've drawn her, but I have. And I've gotten better since then so I should do it again some time to integrate the various interpretations into a final design... My initial designs were rather bland and lacked detail.

Only this time I won't even plan on coloring. That's usually where I lose steam. Suspect
Ok, just flats. No shading.

I hope we'll get to see your Tomb Raider some time!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, she turned out so well! I know it's hard to bring one's concepts to life exactly how you imagine them, but the commissioned art and this figure both have the same 'vibe', so I'd say it was a success. Smile The photography and posing is also excellent. Really liking the combination of black and green of her outfit, it feels earthy (fitting, given her element). And I'm definitely intrigued by the back story and alternate world. Looking forward to meeting the other character, too!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I also think she turned out great, with a distinctive look and a striking outfit -- even if perhaps not quite the best choice for snow. But the contrast works visually.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Tanea looks amazing and beautiful snowy outdoor photos!

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Very atmospheric photos indeed, and captured in a way that the scale of the environment looks natural. The contrast of Tanea's dark outfit to the snowy surroundings is striking; she definitely looks lethal, and from her backstory I kind of feel like she could fit into the Divergent universe.

Also, when I squint my eyes a bit, the sticks/branches in the first photo almost look like a pair of spreaded wings behind her. Not sure if intentional or not, but kind of cool!

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, she turned out so well! I know it's hard to bring one's concepts to life exactly how you imagine them, but the commissioned art and this figure both have the same 'vibe', so I'd say it was a success. Smile  The photography and posing is also excellent. Really liking the combination of black and green of her outfit, it feels earthy (fitting, given her element). And I'm definitely intrigued by the back story and alternate world. Looking forward to meeting the other character, too!
That means a lot, thank you! I'm glad I showed her. My muse woke up and wants to get going with Cecile, Kaelee and Eev. Smile
The gents will have to wait until the ladies are done, as I don't even have the bodies. But I can imagine thin leather-like gear to be a little easier to find...

GubernatorFan wrote:I also think she turned out great, with a distinctive look and a striking outfit -- even if perhaps not quite the best choice for snow. But the contrast works visually.
So true! Laughing But she is a tough warrior trained to master her mind. Mind over matter. What a Face

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Tanea looks amazing and beautiful snowy outdoor photos!
Thank you! Very Happy

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Very atmospheric photos indeed, and captured in a way that the scale of the environment looks natural. The contrast of Tanea's dark outfit to the snowy surroundings is striking; she definitely looks lethal, and from her backstory I kind of feel like she could fit into the Divergent universe.

Also, when I squint my eyes a bit, the sticks/branches in the first photo almost look like a pair of spreaded wings behind her. Not sure if intentional or not, but kind of cool!

Divergent,... interesting! I hadn't thought of that connection, but of course the story is quite archetypal and will show up in many storylines.

The spread wings were not intentional, but now that you mention it I am getting all sorts of new visuals in my head! They travel the Dream World after all. Anything is possible!
You may just have expanded her storyline! I love you

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow Diana, that was a great insight into your characters world! most interesting and intriguing. bounce The Dream World' sounds like a dangerous place, so your warriors I suspect are highly skilled.
I would love o hear more about the world they inhabit.
I really like your character, Tanea. A very strong female character indeed. Her outfit is exquisite, yet practical too, very useful in close combat. I really hope we get to see more of her, and find out a little more about her.

Illusion

Illusion
Another complex story to unfold.... excellent.
Sounds like a huge project. Kudos to your patience and endurance!

Do you have the comics on paper done by yourself? or are they work in progress?

The artwork of Tanea is sooo beautiful. The figure is close. Always great to see how a figure evolves... I am so impatient. When I decide to try to customise a figure, I would like to have her finished yesterday. (This will probably the reason I never start a diorama. Embarassed )

Outdoor pics are always special, but they are extraspecial in snow. The third pic is my favourite.

I am very much looking forward to updates from your world. I love you

Diana

Diana
BAMComix wrote:Wow Diana, that was a great insight into your characters world! most interesting and intriguing. bounce The Dream World' sounds like a dangerous place, so your warriors I suspect are highly skilled.
I would love o hear more about the world they inhabit.
I really like your character, Tanea. A very strong female character indeed. Her outfit is exquisite, yet practical too, very useful in close combat. I really hope we get to see more of her, and find out a little more about her.

Your interest in my world honours me.  I love you

Illusion wrote:Another complex story to unfold.... excellent.
Sounds like a huge project. Kudos to your patience and endurance!

Do you have the comics on paper done by yourself? or are they work in progress?

The artwork of Tanea is sooo beautiful. The figure is close. Always great to see how a figure evolves... I am so impatient. When I decide to try to customise a figure, I would like to have her finished yesterday. (This will probably the reason I never start a diorama.  Embarassed )

Outdoor pics are always special, but they are extraspecial in snow. The third pic is my favourite.

I am very much looking forward to updates from your world. I love you

I am definitely patient, but I change my mind and/or focus so much that nothing ever gets done!
No comic. No movie. I have a 22-page one-off comic book script, which is how it all got started.

And a whole bunch of commissions! Very Happy

Here is another of Tanea: https://www.deviantart.com/cyberaeon/art/Tanea-752729811
I allowed the artist artistic freedom with the costume, up to a certain degree, but it captures Tanea's essence so well!! I love you I love you I love you

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
She looks cool, the story is a nice read too. I too know the pain of having an idea but not the parts to put it together. Which reminds me I need to relearn how to sew and make some stuff.... one day.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! 2 - Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! 1f60e

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow! is that your artwork too? You are very talented, my artistic skills lend themselves more to comic style art

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Diana wrote:
Gizems nice Kittens wrote:Is it so dangerous for a pretty lady here, that you can only show up armed?

The only reason for going into the Academy Woods in gear would be if she went right after training. There will be tense times at the Academy Grounds, but she won't be there to witness them...

TravelGuide wrote:And another one who's taking pictures of their figure in the snow. Looks like everyone is jumping on this bandwagon, and that is a good thing Smile

Thank you very much! Smile

She is actually not supposed to be wearing tights. Or spandex even. The uniform I envision has a leathery texture, while still being quite thin. And it should be greyish brown. Hard to find anything like that. But I'll keep looking or learn to make it.

Stryker2011 wrote:She looks like a total bad@$$, and she must be tough as Hell to be out in the cold with no jacket.

Very Happy Thank you!  I love you

I have paid for multiple commissions, actually. This is my favorite so far: https://www.deviantart.com/dropdeadcoheed/art/Tanea-668483149
And it's been a while since I've drawn her, but I have. And I've gotten better since then so I should do it again some time to integrate the various interpretations into a final design... My initial designs were rather bland and lacked detail.

Only this time I won't even plan on coloring. That's usually where I lose steam. Suspect
Ok, just flats. No shading.

I hope we'll get to see your Tomb Raider some time!

That is a really cool looking character commission. I wonder if using some type of epoxy sculp would work to make some of that armor around her breasts like in the portrait you had made...? The shoulder armor could possibly be done with 3D printing...?

Diana

Diana
Theboo-bomb wrote:She looks cool, the story is a nice read too.  I too know the pain of having an idea but not the parts to put it together. Which reminds me I need to relearn how to sew and make some stuff.... one day.
Laughing
Sounds like me for the past I don't know how many years. At least I now have a sewing machine. Just gotta fight my way through the manual I guess. Lockdown has made finding a teacher hard... -.-

BAMComix wrote:Wow! is that your artwork too? You are very talented, my artistic skills lend themselves more to comic style art
Sadly not. I do draw, also more in a realistic western comic style, but I should stick to the lineart. Coloring is not my forte. ^^

Stryker2011 wrote:That is a really cool looking character commission. I wonder if using some type of epoxy sculp would work to make some of that armor around her breasts like in the portrait you had made...? The shoulder armor could possibly be done with 3D printing...?
I am not too worried about the armor. It's the leather-like non-black skin tight uniform that has me stuck. Laughing
But you're right. I should just get started with what I can do and the rest will follow when it does. Things tend to work themselves out when you just dive into it. Smile

Valiarde

Valiarde
Finally found some more time today (it is always where you looking last heh) to read some threads on this board. Good choice reading this one - I know that feeling of having a story or elements of it in your head but never getting it really done. Just startet an own project of a big story but still so much missing.

Anyway, our idea is great - the phisical and the mental people - at first they don't like each other and later they need each other because of their unique skills. Good plot.
Like your "dreamland" and the shots came out nice!

Lets see how this will continue

Diana

Diana
I've made some progress I'd like to share. Smile

I've not really been motivated to work on the costumes before finding the right heads, and I've bought so many blonde heads only to find they just weren't right for Cecile. But once I gave this one a hair cut it's really starting to look and feel like Cecile! So I'm excited to share. Smile

Kaelee is in there, too, for good measure, though I'm not 100% happy with her head. The expression is too fragile. I'm using my newly purchased S25B for her, and it is more petite than I'd like. But maybe once I get going with the right clothes and give her some boots it'll even out.

Ifinally have an idea of how I'll translate the costumes into 1/6 reality. bounce

Eev is still missing. The S16A would be perfect, if it wasn't so tall. Eev should be somewhere between Kaelee and Tanea in size.

Anyway, here are the pics:
2 - Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! Img_0811
2 - Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! Img_0810
2 - Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! Img_0812

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
I know this is still WIP but the concept is so creative and your progress is looking great! Looking forward to seeing more as they near your concept vision!

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow Diana! she looks awesome! the sculpt is so detailed!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful progress. The haircut worked out great, and you achieved a very nice look (and posing) for her.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Yay ! A new 1:6 Story with cool charcters. Give me more. Love Your Girls !

Ovy

Ovy
I remember having seen and read this, but somehow I never answered? Razz

Nice choice of head sculpt, just yesterday I was working on the same one! But I removed the soft scalp with the hair. So if anything goes wrong with yours you can have the wig. Razz

Worbla might be good for the armor.

Last pic is very groovy, like the title soundtrack might start any second. Great poses and dreamy strange background. Inception was nice and all, but Christopher Nolan's dreams look so very boring, just cityscapes, landscapes and gunfights.  Hope you are going to add more of that nice surrealistic dream imagery.

I also once made some illustrations of people who explore dreams nd called them Oneironauts. xD

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice new character. I like the use of that Captain Marvel-ish head sculpt, and her hair cut gives her a bit of a 60s retro style. I agree about Kaelee being too undersized.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum