OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/6 short Question & Answer (Q&A) thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

davidd

Alcina2k wrote:I have a very stupid question - please don't laugh...
I have a very difficult time to put shoes on my M33, M34 and M35...

Not a silly question at all. Just tonight I struggled for fifteen minutes or more to put boots on a TBLeague male figure. I was afraid I was going to break one of the knees or ankles. Unfortunately, I do not have an answer other than "careful brute force."

I do not know how I will ever get the feet out of the boots.

I suppose the easiest approach would be to use boots designed to fit on the pegs.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Alcina2k wrote:I have a very stupid question - please don't laugh...
I have a very difficult time to put shoes on my M33, M34 and M35...
Is there s trick i can use to do so? The shoes seem to fit by comparing with the size of the feet.
should i put socks on the feet first for my phicen boys first ... will the socks too thick?
SO many stupid question from a newby like me.... any hints will be much appreciated
Thanks in advance

None of us are born knowing everything Smile Yes, male (and some recent female) TBLeague feet are bigger than the standard (insofar as there is one) in this scale. Consequently, they often do not fit. Socks will only make it worse. You can try to heat up the shoes with a hair dryer (better than hot water), and once the plastic has softened, try to put them on. If that does not help, get other feet (from a different company -- WorldBox, DAM, Hot Toys, maybe Soldier Story, and others) with similar openings for the ankle pegs, jam them into the footwear, and then try plugging the stainless steel foot pegs into them. If the fit is too tight, use some more heating with the hair dryer. If the fit is wobbly, tighten it by interposing a tiny length of flat elastic cord between the peg and the hole. For illustrations of all this, some discussion, and occasional examples of footwear that does fit (including but not limited to footwear designed to fit on the foot peg itself), see the Clothing TBLeague bodies thread.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1403-clothing-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-updated-part-xxiii-january-28-2021

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

TravelGuide

davidd wrote:
I suppose the easiest approach would be to use boots designed to fit on the pegs.
That is my preferred solution as well. Unfortunately they don't always say if the boots are for pegs or not.

If they are not for pegs and high boots, you can use them without feet. The boots Lexi is wearing in this picture are hollow boots, but there's no way to get her feet in them, so I just shove them on her legs.
1/6 short Question & Answer (Q&A) thread - Page 2 Pc310710

Stryker2011

Founding Father
@Alicina2k: I would find shoes that require removing the bare feet and have a ball socket in them — or use smaller feet (as the Guv suggested). As far as socks (which I use) — cut the foot part away, keeping the ankle area, and put the foot (or ball joint into the shoe), and then using a tweezer or other fine tool to push the sock into the shoe enough to disguise the fact that it isn’t a whole sock.

Alcina2k

Thanks very very much for all your ideas!
I love this forum...
you guys are so helpful!!!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
@ Alcina2k - You're welcome.
@ Stryker - That is a very good idea, about the socks -- in fact many socks are already pre-cut this way.
@ TG & Stryker - I agree, although my answer did not focus on that, footwear designed for fitting on the foot peg is the preferable option (and the elastic cord trick is often very helpful with it), I was just responding to Alcina2k's immediate concern about using the footwear designed for fitting on feet. On occasion, when using tall boots that were molded out of sufficiently stiff material, I have managed to use them without the presence of the actual feet inside.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Have you ever tried putting a phicen into water for a longer duration of time? I have a plan for using a kind of water tank for a figure, but ehh Smile I would use a already damaged phicen as it would be enough for my idea but those are also hard to come by

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:Have you ever tried putting a phicen into water for a longer duration of time? I have a plan for using a kind of water tank for a figure, but ehh Smile  I would use a already damaged phicen as it would be enough for my idea but those are also hard to come by

How long is 'long'? Are you just wanting to do it for a photoshoot, or are you thinking of displaying it that way?

For a photoshoot, I'm sure it would be perfectly fine, but if you want to do it for a display, I'd probably figure out a way to just make it look like there's water in there, rather than immerse it indefinitly in actual water.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane recently shared (or reshared) a photo of her troll Berta in an actual swamp or puddle, apparently without damage. I have occasionally washed TBLeague bodies, and I'm sure some water must have gotten inside, between the rubbery flesh and the stainless steel skeleton (good thing it is stainless), and as far as I can tell, no damage. But of course that is not exactly leaving it in water for a long time.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Looking for gloves or gloved hands.

There exist some real gloves which you can put over normal hands. Anyone got experience with that? I guess it works well with an open hand but not so much with semi closed...

The gloved hands...i think with a brush and some tools you can make your own from normal hands...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have seen real gloves (usually black) in sets by DID and/or DAM. They seem to be designed for bendy-fingered hands from the same companies. I have several of them somewhere, but I would have to excavate to find them at the moment. You could always paint (and maybe texture) some oversized regular hand sculpts, and/or maybe glue some fabric (like those bandages Diana was experimenting with for custom clothing) onto the smaller ones. If you do the latter, you could extend the soft material to cover the lower arm, and it would match.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thank you - good to know with the bendy-fingered hands. I will think about fabric - or maybe liquid latex and do some tests.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You are welcome. Let us know what you find out. Liquitex has a fabric medium. I bought some but haven't tested it yet. I thought I might try it out on some of those bandages, or for added decoration on fabrics.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I've used both Vallejo fabric medium and the DecoArts (I think it's called?) fabric mediums and they both work more or less the same. I haven't tried the Liquitex fabric medium though...

Really wish there were more bendy-fingered hands out there! I've seen some people who make art dolls who have made those themselves....perhaps a DIY project for the future (if I can ever be arsed, lol).

Valiarde

Valiarde
Vallejo fabric medium...ok will google that, thank you. Forums are great Smile

Count von Curdles

Count von Curdles
Is anyone aware of a a 1/6 trench coat that would fit on a TB League M34? Preferably black.

I'm kitbashing a custom Punisher and want to replicate the Tim Bradstreet look.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I want to try out a plastic body with "seamless" arms. Like this one from Poptoys
https://www.ebay.com/itm/175293003669?hash=item28d046f795:g:EvUAAOSw06Bib255

or worldbox is selling them seperately:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/374086472342?hash=item57194a9296:g:f8sAAOSwmSBihwfE

Do they only fit on worldbox bodies?

Are there any other good options? Most of them seem to cost more than a phicen seamless body, so I'm having problems going for a plastic one here...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If memory serves, there were also some CM (Coo Model) bodies with a rubbery seamless torso and arms; these were around some years ago. World Box made one or two bodies with alternate seamless arms. Keep in mind that few arms are detachable, let alone compatible with those of another company. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh, these are seamless wrists, not seamless arms. Smile I was just going to point you to Threezero's Game of Thrones teenagers (Joffrey, Bran) for having seamless arms, but I thought we're talking about elbows, not wrists. Oops.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Oh yeah sorry, wrists it is. I like the look of these and wanted to see if there are any budget versions which don't cost an arm and a leg (lol)

Poptoys have used it on EX037 (That Samurai) and EX039 (Braveheart) figures and it looks quiet good.

Edit: I ordered the Worldbox AT20s and will post pics once it arrives

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice pun! Looking forward to seeing it, although I have to confess that in principle the non-poseability goes against my action figure philosophy, if you could say I have one. Smile

Valiarde

Valiarde
Smile I think every one of us has an inner AF philosophy...somewhere.

I see your point but my inner scientist and photographer wants to see this in my hand as an extra option. I wouldnt want it for every AF i own.

In the same vein of curiosity I ordered that silicone HS of Dwayne Johnson even though i think it might turn out pretty shambolic and useless Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote: Smile I think every one of us has an inner AF philosophy...somewhere.

I see your point but my inner scientist and photographer wants to see this in my hand as an extra option. I wouldnt want it for every AF i own.

In the same vein of curiosity I ordered that silicone HS of Dwayne Johnson even though i think it might turn out pretty shambolic and useless Smile
Oh I'm not arguing against curiosity and experimentation in hobby. Make sure you share your findings (and images) when the Rock rolls your way. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I didn't know where else to ask this, but I am in the process trying to fix some of my re-haired 1/6 heads, and a bit of the wax I've been using to style the tibetan lamb hair has ended up on the face of a Hot Toys sculpt. Normally I'm more careful but this time I forgot to protect the face while I was using the liquid wax. It's a bit difficult to clean off, and using water only seems to smear it around more. It leaves very distracting shiny spots. Just wondering if it would be safe to use a bit of diluted vinegar or something to clean it up better? I have no idea if that is ok to use that on an HT sculpt since I've never really been sure what kind of plastic these heads are made of...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I didn't know where else to ask this, but I am in the process trying to fix some of my re-haired 1/6 heads, and a bit of the wax I've been using to style the tibetan lamb hair has ended up on the face of a Hot Toys sculpt. Normally I'm more careful but this time I forgot to protect the face while I was using the liquid wax. It's a bit difficult to clean off, and using water only seems to smear it around more. It leaves very distracting shiny spots. Just wondering if it would be safe to use a bit of diluted vinegar or something to clean it up better? I have no idea if that is ok to use that on an HT sculpt since I've never really been sure what kind of plastic these heads are made of...

I am not sure, although I would think it if it is a quick application and you gently wipe it clean with a moist fabric or paper towel it would be ok.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Can you clean it with soapy water and cloth?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 short Question & Answer (Q&A) thread - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm somewhat concerned about the soap dripping or seeping onto the tibetan lamb hair and then loosening it (it's glued on, and the type of glue used can be washed off with soap)... but maybe if I'm extremely careful and use something very small it could work.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I would try with a Q-tip -- squishing off as much excess moisture as possible before attempting it (much like a "dry-brush" technique).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 short Question & Answer (Q&A) thread - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think I'm the only person using this thread, lol, but oh well...

My current question is.... does anyone know if there is an official and reliable Hot Toys release and/or announcment schedule? Do they state anywhere what figures they are planning on making in advance?

Asking because I am getting tired of not knowing what to expect, particularly when it comes to the Star Wars stuff. For example, I was excited earlier this year because it was the 20th anniversary of Attack of the Clones, and I was waiting any minute for new Anakin and Padme figures to be announced. But all they announced at the time were generic Clone Troopers and some droids, which was quite disappointing. I realise the year is not over yet, but I'm just trying to find out if there's still any chance of those showing up as preorders in the near future.

My budget is shrinking more and more these days, and it would be helpful to have an idea of what preorders I might need to look out for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum