OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/6 short Question & Answer (Q&A) thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Can you clean it with soapy water and cloth?

skywalkersaga

I'm somewhat concerned about the soap dripping or seeping onto the tibetan lamb hair and then loosening it (it's glued on, and the type of glue used can be washed off with soap)... but maybe if I'm extremely careful and use something very small it could work.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I would try with a Q-tip -- squishing off as much excess moisture as possible before attempting it (much like a "dry-brush" technique).

skywalkersaga

I think I'm the only person using this thread, lol, but oh well...

My current question is.... does anyone know if there is an official and reliable Hot Toys release and/or announcment schedule? Do they state anywhere what figures they are planning on making in advance?

Asking because I am getting tired of not knowing what to expect, particularly when it comes to the Star Wars stuff. For example, I was excited earlier this year because it was the 20th anniversary of Attack of the Clones, and I was waiting any minute for new Anakin and Padme figures to be announced. But all they announced at the time were generic Clone Troopers and some droids, which was quite disappointing. I realise the year is not over yet, but I'm just trying to find out if there's still any chance of those showing up as preorders in the near future.

My budget is shrinking more and more these days, and it would be helpful to have an idea of what preorders I might need to look out for.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sadly, S. The answer is NO. Hot Toys is so hit or miss, that they often don’t even stick to any sort of “schedule” for when figures actually get made. Things that went up for PO before something else get released later, and vice versa. It’s weird and unstable to say the least. They showed a Batman Returns Penguin figure over a decade ago and it never saw the light of day. It took a few years for the Alien Ripley figure to come out after it went up for PO, and no indication when it was coming until the first batch hit the Asian sellers.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 short Question & Answer (Q&A) thread - Page 3 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Sadly, S. The answer is NO. Hot Toys is so hit or miss, that they often don’t even stick to any sort of “schedule” for when figures actually get made. Things that went up for PO before something else get released later, and vice versa. It’s weird and unstable to say the least. They showed a Batman Returns Penguin figure over a decade ago and it never saw the light of day. It took a few years for the Alien Ripley figure to come out after it went up for PO, and no indication when it was coming until the first batch hit the Asian sellers.

Thanks, I suspected as much, but was holding onto a thin hope....le sigh.

And yes, they teased an AotC Padme figure at a SDCC back in 2019, and I figured if it were ever going to show up it would maybe be this year, since it's the anniversary of the film. But ah well.

Admittedly, I'm rather impatient because there are only a few remaining 'must have' potential HT Star Wars figures for me, and I'd rather just get it over with so I can finally stop buying from Hot Toys altogether. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I hear you there. I may not have cared for the prequels, but I too would be in for a Geonosis Padme — it just looked cool. It seems most of HT’s output is merely at the whim of Howard and Disney at this point, with no rhyme or reason to their decisions — at least to all of us out in the collecting world.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:I hear you there. I may not have cared for the prequels, but I too would be in for a Geonosis Padme — it just looked cool. It seems most of HT’s output is merely at the whim of Howard and Disney at this point, with no rhyme or reason to their decisions — at least to all of us out in the collecting world.

Absolutely, it really does just seem like they put out whatever they think will sell best at a given moment (which unfortunately for me usually means Disney related stuff). But sometimes not even that, there can be quite random figures that appear, too.

The Geonosis Padme is just too 'iconic' to overlook. No offense to generic Clone Troopers and droids, lol, but I will be sorely disappointed if they don't even put out a single main character from AotC this year.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Just wondering, is there a place to mention here on the forum that you have something available that you don't need/want anymore without actually posting in classified section? There are times I would like to offer things here first before putting them on ebay, but it's more of a quick question want to ask to gauge interest rather than put up an ad and wait weeks to see if anyone buys it, if that makes sense.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The classifieds are the best spot, but you could also do an “Interest” thread like I have done for my custom head sculpts.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:The classifieds are the best spot, but you could also do an “Interest” thread like I have done for my custom head sculpts.

Ah, yeah, I guess that is probably the best way to do it. Thanks!

Valiarde

Valiarde
I bought an Worlbox AT020S plus Forearms from Kit and I got an AT20 with a box of forearms.

I asked him if this is an error and he said, they changed from AT020S to the normal AT020 and that the forearms can still be removed.

I have a really hard time removing them (no luck so far) I wonder, did nyone removed the arms on their worldbox before? I even tried with a hot air gun...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I haven't yet gotten anything with the forearms option, sorry. Was going to suggest heating, but sounds like you tried that already.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum