OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mermaid

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:39 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Excellent point, Rev, Ephiane should totally experiment on something other than her already pretty perfect tail -- we don't want it to get ruined.

Ephiane, I hope you have picked up a good Tom Hanks sculpt now that you're doing a Daryl Hannah-based mermaid. Wink

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

27Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:16 pm

AlKelAstra91

Oh wow, you are bringing this wishlist mythological fantasy to life beautifully. I can just imagine how awesome the underwater photos are going to be (whether you use a background with a water filter overlay or feel brave enough to dunk her in an actual aquarium, with real fish, haha!!). If you are set on sticking to the blonde hair color, that is fine too, but I know anytime I think of mermaids I think of 'colorful.' And from my experience the lighter colored hair is best at absorbing the full vibrance of any color pigment added. But maybe this can be done on an alternate headsculpt or something like that!

28Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:56 pm

Ephiane

Thanks Guys. I have fun with the bash. It´s  so great here to get inspirations from all. At last the mermaid is made by us all.

Here we go....  It´s not the final Mermaid, but we get closer  Wink

Mermaid - Page 2 00612

Mermaid - Page 2 01110

Mermaid - Page 2 00510

Mermaid - Page 2 00813

Mermaid - Page 2 00911

29Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:24 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Wow, you work fast. And you did channel Daryl Hannah after all! It works very nicely. Beautiful figure. I'm always impressed (not that I should be surprised). You also figured out a viable construction for the shell bra! Smile And I love the special touch with the smiles. And the conch-playing.

A practical word of advice on the photos, if I may. They certainly do a great job showing off the beautiful figure, and I realize these were snapped in a hurry, while still spiced up with the charming smiles. To easily avoid (or at least reduce) the appearance of pixellation from the screen in the background, try moving your figure forward away from the screen and focusing on it. Usually that would do the trick without requiring any further effort on your part -- it should blur the background enough to not show the pixellation. I try to do that with mine, but am usually limited by the height of the screen when they are standing or its width when there are multiple ones. Luckily height is not going to be an issue with a mermaid. Although the cool real sand surface might be, if it is not deep enough. I love that you used real sand, but I don't envy you having to clean it off from the figure afterwards! Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

30Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:41 pm

Illusion

Illusion
wow this is light speed creating... Shocked
really impressive how easily and naturally this is coming along ... with a bit of fun on the way by sharing thoughts and ideas ... really cool...

31Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:56 pm

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
Excellent work on the tail suit, look very believable. Some of your photos look photorealistic as well with the faceapp smile filter applied, hard to tell it's 1/6 great job!

32Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:53 am

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
The fourth picture looks like she would like a merman.
In the fifth picture she is already calling him. Laughing

33Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:07 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
The fourth picture is amazing!

34Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:56 am

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:Well they better be sea mammal, because otherwise we would not need shells. Smile
Laughing Thank you for that. Laughing

Wow, Eph, these pictures are gorgeous!! I was going to point out the fourth, too, but then I thought that would be unfair to the fifth. And he third, and the... oh hell, they are all so pretty!!!

💚

35Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:16 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thank You very much All ! It´s not the finished Mermaid figure. I just made a few pics for fun to check the movability of the fin.
Next step will be the color wash Rev told me. I use Wax and oil on the colored fin, because the use of color make the Leather dry and brittle. That gives a fishy shine to it. You can see that in Pic 2.
And yes, it´s a fast bash. The cherry on the cake will be the use of fish leather for the fin. ( Yes. You can really order fish leather Laughing ) And i think a pepper potts HT Headsculpt is near to Mrs. Hannah. With curly Blonde mohair this will be nice.
And for the next Pics i will Use the Monitor Trick Gube told me.

Many thanks to all who helped to made a Mermaid here ! She´s not finished. We made her better and better soon

36Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:43 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
She looks amazing! top work!

37Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:12 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
BTW.... little mermaid is not happy with the bra i made. She told me Darryl Hannah don´t need one and shells are really hard to fine mermaid skin. She don´t know how Arielle can do it.....Rolling Eyes

Mermaid - Page 2 00214

Mermaid - Page 2 00413
Mermaid - Page 2 00310

38Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:20 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I assume that she is right and those hard shells won't be comfortable. On the first picture it also looks like they're not giving support.
Even though she looks angry in the first two pics, she is still supercute sitting in those glasses. cheers cheers Especially her sulky look and posture in the second picture is convincing. I love how you intertwined her fingers in that picture cheers

39Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:47 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
She´s now the Goldfish, Daddy won´t buy me when i was four years old Laughing

40Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:29 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Well they better be sea mammal, because otherwise we would not need shells. Smile
Laughing Thank you for that. Laughing

You're welcome. Love to make you laugh.

Ephiane wrote:I use Wax and oil on the colored fin, because the use of color make the Leather dry and brittle. That gives a fishy shine to it. ... And i think a pepper potts HT Headsculpt is near to Mrs. Hannah. With curly Blonde mohair this will be nice.

Interesting technique, I'd love to know more. Hmm, maybe I'm thinking of the real actresses rather than the head sculpts, but I'm not sure Pepper Potts can hold up a candle to Daryl or to your mermaid. Wink Don't mess with perfection! Or at least keep this head and hair around as an alternate.

Ephiane wrote:BTW.... little mermaid is not happy with the bra i made. She told me Darryl Hannah don´t need one and shells are really hard to fine mermaid skin. She don´t know how Arielle can do it... Mermaid - Page 2 00310

LOL. I absolutely love these photos, although this last one is my favorite. The expression you gave her is priceless. But even with the vessels on top of what was surely being considered a fitting background, the images are just so cool. The look of your mermaid may not be complete (I'm not quite sure what you have in mind) but I think it works beautifully. I'd keep the shell bra around just in case she needs to be more formal. Otherwise, yes, you can cover up with the hair. Smile

41Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:18 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
These new pics are awesome! Normally I'm not super high on faceapp etc. But it works wonderfully with your figures. Makes me wish to have more expression heads (and even more of the same person/head) around. Fantastic pics and good work on the outfit Smile

42Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:59 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oh my god, I LOVE her grumpy face in the first shot of her in the bowl! :lol
I’d never have thought of using real leather for a tail but the texture is absolutely perfect for it!

I made a Mer a while ago as something of a Frankenstein project and used a stretchy synthetic fabric did the tail but I much prefer the texture of yours! At some point I want to make a Selkie using a curvy Barbie body and seal inspired computation but that’s very much a far off idea for now.

Mermaid - Page 2 48031991286_a3daa59a5d_zMerman by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

43Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:43 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Exquisite and intriguing-looking creation, Christine. Quite haunting.

44Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:16 am

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
The Mermaid looks really liberated and happy without the bra. You have created a beauty, although I like the turquoise tail best.

45Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:08 am

ZombieTestSubject

Saved this one for dessert today. And it was not disappointing. I know you haven't finished it just yet, but it's totally awesome already.

46Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:35 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Holy cow! You’ve done a lot of work in such a short time, Ephi. Really love all the new fins and photos. Like the stippling you did to blend the leather fin to her skin. The shots of her in the bowl are excellent.

Lynkhart, your mermaid is super cool and creepy — really excellent.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mermaid - Page 2 C8485110

47Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:39 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
There is a horror project with a mermaid I always wanted to do in 1/6 scale and Lynkhearts creation reminded me of it Mermaid - Page 2 1f605
Getting there someday, probably 2029

48Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:45 pm

Ovy

Ovy
*50's cinematic trailer voice*
Finally, Mad science has created ze Mermaiden, half beast half women, an impossible hybrid creature born from fishful thinking!

Stryker could not have dreamt it better.

Agree with everyone, the glass pics, especially the last one are spectacular and fun. Whenever someone is sceptical about face App, they just need to see your stories.

Great job on the shell bra,
Post apocalyptic Mediterrans use multiple layers of cloth padding before attaching the shell, but this ia not an option for mermaids, I think.

And no this time I won't go into the science of impossible mermaid anatomy like with the centaurs. Razz

49Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:48 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Fantastic mermaid. I love all the shots, specially the last two with the expressions used. Lynkhart's mer is also quite fantastic too, albeit a bit "creepy" but they are probably pleasant to swim with.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Mermaid - Page 2 1f60e

50Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:06 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
My god, so incredible!!!! My mind is swimming after those last shots (nudge nudge).

Seriously, I can't believe just how well that mermaid tail just WORKS. Perfect. Those pics are just wonderful too, and your goldfish comment killed me. And only you do this beautiful work and then just throw her in a bowl of water. You're freakin fearless.

And Lynkhart, your mermaid is eerily awesome! I really love the whole design and color.

51Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:18 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks for the nice comments, Friends. And special thanks to Lynk for the Mermaid pic. I wish i can do some shots at the scotish coast like yours. That must be right place for to meet a Mermaid. She ´s Great. I love her.

I try to make shots Gube told me... and Oh ! There´s a button called soft focus on the camera Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mermaid - Page 2 01210

This one is for Darryl for to give me inspirations. I gave the fin a wash like Rev told me. Normaly the wash has to be red, but i did it in green. Think it looks more fishy.

Mermaid - Page 2 00912

I want to continue with some pics of the mermaid outdoors at a lake...

52Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:27 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
More excellent photos. That wash looks good on the fin.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mermaid - Page 2 C8485110

53Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:42 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, great photos. And I'm happy to see you using the basic screen background "trick" well. By the way, nice jewelry on your mermaid.

54Mermaid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mermaid Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:41 pm

Illusion

Illusion
oh my... this is soooo wonderful... funny, amazing and educating at the same time. Wonderful.

this second shot with her sulking in the cup... looks so natural and no way like Face App... like she has come alive... amazing.

love this project

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum