OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Headsculpts for petite Tbleague bodies s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b (continually updated)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Another submission for your excellent list, Sky. I wish I had found it on time for the little pose test photos using the S26A body instead of the undersized extra grimy Furiosa sculpt from VTS. Guess what unpainted cast widely available on eBay is actually a good size and a very close skintone match for the TBLeague pale S26A body? The Daenerys one:

Headsculpts for petite Tbleague bodies s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b (continually updated) - Page 3 Daen0110

It will probably work fine on the S24A body too, and, with a slight repaint, on S25B and S27B.

(Yes, the dress is too big for this body, even with some artificial tugging and folding going on in the back. I just needed a quick clothing solution.)

Hope this helps.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

Ooh, that's a great suggestion, GF! Good to know it works! Will add it on to the list. Smile

Diana

Works on S25B and S37A: ZILTOYS Z001 Jill

Headsculpts for petite Tbleague bodies s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b (continually updated) - Page 3 S2511
Headsculpts for petite Tbleague bodies s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b (continually updated) - Page 3 S3711

skywalkersaga

Good to know, thank you!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good find, Diana.

doodlehobby

Here's Katyusha on S26A
Headsculpts for petite Tbleague bodies s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b (continually updated) - Page 3 51260107652_fb5e91fc76_hKatyusha S26A by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Headsculpts for petite Tbleague bodies s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b (continually updated) - Page 3 51260107627_3c8d98d3f7_hKatyusha S26A Pose by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

doodlehobby

Definitely avoid the Sideshow unhooded Harley Quinn HS for S24-27... despite it being designed using a S24A body... yikes!
S24A and S26A bodies
Headsculpts for petite Tbleague bodies s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b (continually updated) - Page 3 51260109377_c252269a9f_hSideshow HQuinn HS_2 S25B and S26A by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Headsculpts for petite Tbleague bodies s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b (continually updated) - Page 3 51261035703_e223ef2f38_hSideshow HQuinn HS_1 S25B and S26A by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

S24A and S25B bodies
Headsculpts for petite Tbleague bodies s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b (continually updated) - Page 3 51261579064_8c6c51e35e_hSideshow HQuinn both HS S25B by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Headsculpts for petite Tbleague bodies s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b (continually updated) - Page 3 51261579004_6c48c7c4c3_hSideshow HQuinn Unhooded and Katyusha HS_2 S25B by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

As can be seen the unhooded HS is more suited for the standard body (S23B in this case)
Headsculpts for petite Tbleague bodies s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b (continually updated) - Page 3 51260834851_057a84415a_hSideshow HQuinn S23B S25B and Katyusha S25B by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Kayla

Kayla
Thank you for these photos, they are very helpful.  Idea

I am especially interested in these smaller Phicen Bodies - like here S24/25 and S26/27 and brand new also S44/45.  I can show you a few photos here soon ...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the pics, doodlehobby. I was not even aware of the existence of those Harley Quinn heads, so it's good you mentioned them in case anyone else was wondering. 

And welcome, Kayla. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

doodlehobby

skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for the pics, doodlehobby. I was not even aware of the existence of those Harley Quinn heads, so it's good you mentioned them in case anyone else was wondering. 

And welcome, Kayla. : )
Sideshow just released this Harley Quinn. It's the second version they made of her animated appearance. Here's a comparison pic between v1 and v2. Disappointing that Sideshow couldn't scale the HS properly to the TBL S24A body they used as the base body.
Headsculpts for petite Tbleague bodies s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b (continually updated) - Page 3 51261035643_1ccde03198_bSideshow Harley Quinn v1 and v2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Diana

Diana
doodlehobby wrote:Sideshow just released this Harley Quinn. It's the second version they made of her animated appearance. Here's a comparison pic between v1 and v2. Disappointing that Sideshow couldn't scale the HS properly to the TBL S24A body they used as the base body.
I actually don't mind it one bit! I think it would help if her head was sitting a little higher, but otherwise the head doesn't seem overly big to me. I think it just seems that way because of the big expression. If I imagine the mouth closed the head doesn't look that big to me. ^^

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, it does seem like the expression and face shape is throwing things off more than the size of the head. It's that giant grin plus the somewhat large chin that makes it look a bit odd, but overall it's not drastically oversized (I've seen heads used with the s25b that are much larger). It's neat that Sideshow used one of the smaller tbleague bodies for one of their figures -- I wish more official figures would use that body, as it's one of my fave tbleague bodies out there and it would be nice to have more outfits specifically tailored to it.

doodlehobby

Diana wrote:
doodlehobby wrote:Sideshow just released this Harley Quinn. It's the second version they made of her animated appearance. Here's a comparison pic between v1 and v2. Disappointing that Sideshow couldn't scale the HS properly to the TBL S24A body they used as the base body.
I actually don't mind it one bit! I think it would help if her head was sitting a little higher, but otherwise the head doesn't seem overly big to me. I think it just seems that way because of the big expression. If I imagine the mouth closed the head doesn't look that big to me. ^^

skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, it does seem like the expression and face shape is throwing things off more than the size of the head. It's that giant grin plus the somewhat large chin that makes it look a bit odd, but overall it's not drastically oversized (I've seen heads used with the s25b that are much larger). It's neat that Sideshow used one of the smaller tbleague bodies for one of their figures -- I wish more official figures would use that body, as it's one of my fave tbleague bodies out there and it would be nice to have more outfits specifically tailored to it.

The unhooded head is freakishly odd. If you look closely at the S26A with the unhooded HS... There's that freakish 90 degree cut that disconnects the entire figure. This is present in S23B, S25B and S26A. If looked straight on its ok... But viewed at slightly different angles and you get this disconnect. It's not a HS I would recommend due to this despite it being made specifically for smaller body.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It is indeed too bad they didn't try harder to make it look better with the smaller body. Hopefully it won't stop them from using that body again for future figures.

Melancholia

Any updates on pale headsculpts for the petite bodies?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The main ones I know that fit the petite bodies are the YMtoys Anna heads. Other than that, I’m not sure. Unfortunately, I have run out of spare funds for a while now, so buying random heads to experiment with isn’t feasible for me these days. Maybe others will know of some additional smaller pale heads…

Kayla

Kayla
Melancholia wrote:Any updates on pale headsculpts for the petite bodies?

Super Duck produced for a while smaller pale head sculpts that went well together for S24A and sometimes S26A:
Headsculpts for petite Tbleague bodies s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b (continually updated) - Page 3 A040671 ---> e.g. SDH002, SHD006, SHD11, SHD12, SHD15, SDDX01, SDDX02, SDDX03.

Some of these head sculpts with moving eyes (SDDX01, SDDX02, SDDX03) only have a small neck hole anyway, which doesn't fit on the normal-sized bodies at all.

I bought these smaller head sculpts mentioned above, but that was more in 2020 and 2021. They will probably be very difficult to buy as original head sculpts now (only bad knockoffs on ebay - watch out).

At some point, Super Duck started producing normal-sized head sculpts again (without warning, of course). I usually have Phicen S16A (pale) in reserve for that.

And after years of making pale head sculpts, they've been trying to make suntan head sculpts for a while now - many still available for pre-order. (I haven't ordered any of those yet).

I later bought some head sculpts from YM-Toys and these seem to be smaller in general and fit the S24/S25 well. At least a good chance if you try ...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, at least some YM toys sculpts, including the last one I included in the Head Sculpt Catalog are indeed smaller and therefore suitable for more petite bodies.

csyeung

csyeung
I agree, a couple of my recent Superduck heads were on the regular larger sized 1/6 scale (suitible for 17b 23b, but big on the smaller bodies). In particular the Jane foster and Ms Marvel headsculpts (065 and 066). They were also closer to suntan skin tone.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Kayla wrote:
Melancholia wrote:Any updates on pale headsculpts for the petite bodies?

Super Duck produced for a while smaller pale head sculpts that went well together for S24A and sometimes S26A:
Headsculpts for petite Tbleague bodies s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b (continually updated) - Page 3 A040671 ---> e.g. SDH002, SHD006, SHD11, SHD12, SHD15, SDDX01, SDDX02, SDDX03.

Some of these head sculpts with moving eyes (SDDX01, SDDX02, SDDX03) only have a small neck hole anyway, which doesn't fit on the normal-sized bodies at all.

I bought these smaller head sculpts mentioned above, but that was more in 2020 and 2021. They will probably be very difficult to buy as original head sculpts now (only bad knockoffs on ebay - watch out).

At some point, Super Duck started producing normal-sized head sculpts again (without warning, of course). I usually have Phicen S16A (pale) in reserve for that.

And after years of making pale head sculpts, they've been trying to make suntan head sculpts for a while now - many still available for pre-order. (I haven't ordered any of those yet).

I later bought some head sculpts from YM-Toys and these seem to be smaller in general and fit the S24/S25 well. At least a good chance if you try ...

hi Kayla,
what is the name of the head sculpt you use for your current profile pic, as it looks rather good.

Headsculpts for petite Tbleague bodies s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b (continually updated) - Page 3 575-410
LOADING: Image(s)

If Kayla is not about, maybe someone else's knows the name of the head sculpt.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's one of the many Super Duck Nier Automata 2B headsculpts, I believe, but I don't think it is widely available anymore, unfortunately. It's from several years ago now.

ukshaun

ukshaun
skywalkersaga wrote:It's one of the many Super Duck Nier Automata 2B headsculpts, I believe, but I don't think it is widely available anymore, unfortunately. It's from several years ago now.

Thanks..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Kayla

Kayla
ukshaun wrote:
hi Kayla,
what is the name of the head sculpt you use for your current profile pic, as it looks rather good.

Headsculpts for petite Tbleague bodies s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b (continually updated) - Page 3 575-410
LOADING: Image(s)

If Kayla is not about, maybe someone else's knows the name of the head sculpt.

skywalkersaga wrote:It's one of the many Super Duck Nier Automata 2B headsculpts, I believe, but I don't think it is widely available anymore, unfortunately. It's from several years ago now.

Yes that's right. It's a headsculpt Super Duck Nier: Automata YorHa 2B from one of the clothing character sets Set015 or Set019.
Attention: It is a special version in a special skin color, it does not match any original Phicen body. (That's why I started coloring Phicen Bodies with makeup a while ago.) And I changed the hairstyle and cut bangs.

Super Duck also produced the normal pale version of this headsculpt in Set015 and Set019. I have too, but I don't like it quite as much as the headsculpt with the special skin color.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum