OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
This is very cool, thank you for sharing. And I learned something more about weapons today!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

Wow, those are impressive! Gorgeous work. Your dedication to realism and detail is inspiring, my friend!

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Another really cool weapon, and I really like the helmet.

Lynkhart

Funny, I have always thought AT-AT resembling a cross between dogs and camels. Actually, now that you mention it, it will be great if you designed two varieties ("species"), an Axter and a Beakster!

I mean, you’re not wrong. XD

Absolutely fantastic work on the new blade - I’d have never guessed it was plastic! I love the way it’s tied to the staff part too, such a beautifully elegant means of attachment, and so many ways it could be customised depending on the state of the world it appeared in.

http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Lynkhart wrote:

Funny, I have always thought AT-AT resembling a cross between dogs and camels. Actually, now that you mention it, it will be great if you designed two varieties ("species"), an Axter and a Beakster!

I mean, you’re not wrong. XD

Yes! Absolutely. I think I didn't post this one in the video section as it was not sixth-scale, but I love it. I had seen it, yet it made me laugh out loud again. Jabba the poo was irresistible...

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Work ! I can not wait to see more. Excellent paint job it looks like real metal.
I thought the hook on this weapons is for to get mounted Warriors from the back of their horses.

Yes... Humans. Give a stick to them and the first thing they do will be to hit another ones face with it Laughing

The history of weapons is very intresting

Valiarde

Valiarde
That polearm is awesome! Especially since it was a very common weapon I during the middle ages but hardly any figure come with one so far. Swords everywhere or some maces. But hardly any polearms..

Your a real blacksmith and I like to see your custom army grow and defile (in terms of zombies) Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Yes... Humans. Give a stick to them and the first thing they do will be to hit another ones face with it Laughing

What else are sticks for..? Very Happy

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Ephiane wrote:
Yes... Humans. Give a stick to them and the first thing they do will be to hit another ones face with it Laughing
I think that's mostly men.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's a nice looking polearm, really great looking and very realistic actually, you could fool me with it. As for the helmet you could also paint it with city or clan colors, some medieval armor pieces where painted with heraldry colors and the like.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 1f60e

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Wow, Ovy, these all look fantastic! cheers And you are way too critical of yourself, the flaws you see are things only you can see; if I did those I'd be quite pleased.  Cool But, you are a man after my own heart, as I too am super critical and OCD about the tiniest flaws or imperfections. Sometimes I'll ruin something because I don't know when to stop "fixing" it! 

It's also too easy to see "flaws" when you are working under super magnification at six inches or less, but at normal scale distances of about 1 to 2 feet with the naked eye, it's amazing how those things just disappear!

Anyway, great job again. You are quite the 1/6 armourer, and I appreciate the in progress pics, we are like minded there too!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Great work Ovy! The paint is very convincing as metal, in fact I first thought you were casting your pieces in white metal then aging them with mild acid.

38[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 Empty Bearded axe and round shield Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:35 pm

Ovy

Ovy
shovelchop81 wrote:Great work Ovy! The paint is very convincing as metal, in fact I first thought you were casting your pieces in white metal then aging them with mild acid.
Thanks a lot, real metal weapons would be nice, but it's not a priority for me.

Theboo-bomb wrote:That's a nice looking polearm, really great looking and very realistic actually, you could fool me with it. As for the helmet you could also paint it with city or clan colors, some medieval armor pieces where painted with heraldry colors and the like.
Well while I didn't decide to paint the sallet, I definitely wanted the viking helmet painted.

So I finished another set of medeival fantasy equipment.
A bearded axe made of polystyrene sheet, Miliput, wood and fake leather, and I reworked the old 2018 roundshield
(Old shield WIP:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t619-6-10-2021-jaroyesz-vs-undead-a-lot-of-wip#10124 )

I didn't compress the pics this time because I was lazy, hope the file sizes were not too large.

[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 01b

I replaced the Worbla boss with a same scaled 3d printed brooch and painted it with a color scheme and pattern I experimented with.
[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 01a

[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 06

The back of the shield keeps it's color, I replaced the leather stap with a proper wooden grip.
[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 07

[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 04

[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 04b

A spike was added to penetrate armored zombie skulls
[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 05

[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 09
[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 08

[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 01

The helmet is a 3d print I painted and weathered, added leather.
[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 01c

[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 02

The lamellar vest ist also finished now. After sewing the little printed lamellae together, I sewed some leather on there.
[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 12

[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 13

[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 14

[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 15

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow. The axe, shield, helmet, lamellar armor came out absolutely beautifully and believably. Stunning work. And very nicely presented, too. You are an artist, my friend.

Chip

I am late getting here sorry , but all these show superb modelling skills , truly excellent work .

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Whoah! That is so cool. Well done on the axe, shield, helmet and armor. Very impressive work. And the paint work is top notch. Excellent. Really looking forward to see who ends up with this.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Incredible craftsmanship and design, Ovy! Absolutely passes as 1:1 gear.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Awesome work and beautiful set!!

Diana

Diana
Beautiful work! Very impressive. I am looking forward to seeing it worn by someone! Smile

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
😱😱😱😱😱 Ok you 100% have a shrink ray hidden away somewhere! They look incredible! The shield is phenomenal (I love the intricate metal boss!) but that armour piece, damn. 😍

Ovy

Ovy
Some WIPs. I carved the polystyrene blade and combined it with the broader miliput part. Some.sanding and then thick layer of spray primer to blend it all together. Then Vallejo metal Aluminum color.

[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 PSX-20211111-140254

Professionell precise digital art was used to help me decide which scheme to use.
[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 PSX-20211111-140852

Here before weathering (and missing the eight dots, representing the eight arms of Yappateru, the Skykraken)
[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 PSX-20211111-140614

I liked it but it was too bright for an ongoing, hopeless, zombieapocalyptic global war.
[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 PSX-20211111-140642

GubernatorFan wrote:Wow. The axe, shield, helmet, lamellar armor came out absolutely beautifully and believably. Stunning work. And very nicely presented, too. You are an artist, my friend.
Thanks so much my dear friend of muscular Austrian politicans living the American Dream. Yes sometimes I think one has to have the equipment shine for itself, and not just a character's tools.

Chip wrote:I am late getting here sorry , but all these show superb modelling skills , truly excellent work .
Don't worry the recent post is very recent, haha . Thanks a lot sir.

Stryker2011 wrote:Whoah! That is so cool. Well done on the axe, shield, helmet and armor. Very impressive work. And the paint work is top notch. Excellent. Really looking forward to see who ends up with this.
Thanks so much! Yeah The figure is finished but some editing first, so see this as a bit of a teaser.

skywalkersaga wrote:Incredible craftsmanship and design, Ovy! Absolutely passes as 1:1 gear.  
Thanks a lot! Yeah maybe I will start a scamming site tricking viking cosplayers and reenactors to buy these for 1:1 prices. Razz

shovelchop81 wrote:Awesome work and beautiful set!!
Thanks sir, keep up the good work too.

Diana wrote:Beautiful work! Very impressive. I am looking forward to seeing it worn by someone! Smile
Thanks a lot, I think you might be in the 'target group' for this character.

Lynkhart wrote:😱😱😱😱😱 Ok you 100% have a shrink ray hidden away somewhere! They look incredible! The shield is phenomenal (I love the intricate metal boss!) but that armour piece, damn. 😍
Oh yes a shrinking ray would be awesome, I would shrink horses to have seamless ones. Or cars. We should open a Shrinking ray thread.

Thanks so much! Yeah I think the character might be to your liking, I hope at least. Will post the full character soon. I first have to edit some photos and translate the boring exposition story.
But here a teaser pic. Sorry to everyone who expected a giant beautiful beard. But she has a giant beautiful nose. I think I want to make at least one, probably two more similar characters though, and one will be a beardy testosterone factory. And other color schemes, red is a must.

[5/14] Historical fantasy weapons: Kanabō - Page 2 PSX-20211111-133752-2

Diana

Diana
HOLY COW YESSSSSSSS!!!! bouncebouncebounce

Valiarde

Valiarde
These still life images of Shield, armor, axe and helmet are some of the best creations I've seen in 1/6! I also love the presentation of them on the "wool".  I think you can hardly do this stuff any better, not even real metal would do it here, as the weight might cause other problems. So we have a winner Smile

Very good job sir ovy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
We have a winner for sure. It is funny how well this does suit for historical purposes, even if it is intended for a fantasy post-apocalyptic character. The first glimpse of her is already very cool. The promise of more characters in appropriately matching style and different color arrangement, very promising. Oh, and the budding new mythology... Yappateru from Jupiter? Is his female counterpart Yammateru? Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Oh cool, we make weapons exactly the same way lol! I thought for some reason you were 3D printing it all (something I'd be useless at!).

Ovy

Ovy
Diana wrote:HOLY COW YESSSSSSSS!!!! bouncebouncebounce
bounce  bounce  bounce  Yeah I will try to get it online in the next hour.

Valiarde wrote:These still life images of Shield, armor, axe and helmet are some of the best creations I've seen in 1/6! I also love the presentation of them on the "wool".  I think you can hardly do this stuff any better, not even real metal would do it here, as the weight might cause other problems. So we have a winner Smile

Very good job sir ovy
Thanks a lot!  Yeah don't know about the metal and the weight, but with the right equipment and skills, there is incredibly detailed stuff to be made.
But I will stick to Plastikk and Putty, for now. Razz

GubernatorFan wrote:We have a winner for sure. It is funny how well this does suit for historical purposes, even if it is intended for a fantasy post-apocalyptic character. The first glimpse of her is already very cool. The promise of more characters in appropriately matching style and different color arrangement, very promising. Oh, and the budding new mythology... Yappateru from Jupiter? Is his female counterpart Yammateru? Smile
Thanks a lot. Yeah, the more you think about functionality when researching fantasy equipment, the more of the old reliable forms are to be found. No spikey shoulderpads anymore I guess and now uber sized axes.  And alway wear your helmets!
And now, there is no Jupiter in this world. And I don't know if Yappateru has a gender, it is a great "IT".

shovelchop81 wrote:Oh cool, we make weapons exactly the same way lol! I thought for some reason you were 3D printing it all (something I'd be useless at!).
Thanks a lot! No I prefer stury flexible plastic card, resin can be too brittle. An no paintjob (in my skill range) beats real wood.

Not much more to say, the next weapon here might be a pole axe or some bashy thing. I will try to get the new figure thread online now.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Diana wrote:HOLY COW YESSSSSSSS!!!! bouncebouncebounce

Yes, indeed!!!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for this video. Holy cow indeed! This guy is hilarious. But so talented! Yes, I can't do a fraction of what you and Dan and Alex (shovelchop) can when it comes to weapons, but that is just wow... and will remain so. Thanks for clarifying Yappateru... hard to accept considering it is basically "Yo' Pater" and -u is a male suffix. Smile Perhaps I have just founded the Holy and Orthodox Church of Yappateru by accident -- they say all heresies/heterodoxies are to be blamed on overthinking it... Smile

Diana

Diana
Thank you for the video! The guy truly is hilarious and very inspiring! I will no doubt watch more of his videos. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum