OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:15 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Hi folks,
I'm a huge fan of cheesy ghost stories. No wonder, I swallowed Jonathan Stroud's "Lockwood & Co" book series, which deals with a group of teenage ghost hunters. The main protagonist Lucy Carlyle can hear and speak with ghosts that invade our reality.

Here, I tried to bash this character and her ghost companion, a skull in a jar. These are only quick snapshots, so its still a WIP.

Thanks for watching!

Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle 51393088959_3910045ea5_kCJ3A2565adj by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle 51393088644_8dc857b085_kCJ3A2551 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Fending of ghosts, using a barrier of iron chains and her trusty rapier...
Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle 51392359356_1cac76777f_kCJ3A2552 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

2Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:44 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I really like this. I’m not familiar with the source material, but this is so well done, and there are some really interesting and original concepts here. It makes me want to learn more about the characters.

3Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:19 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m not familiar with the book series, but I really like this bash a lot. Really nice job.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle C8485110

4Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:48 pm

davidd

davidd
Fantastic outfit! She's cute, yet looks independent and capable.

I love the skull in the jar!

5Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:57 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
While this is not one of the genres I'm particularly interested in, I love your custom figure -- the choice of head, the outfit and accessories, and of course the jarred ghost skull companion. By the way, what head sculpt is this, and does it look like the sculpted hair could be pried off?

6Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:03 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@ all
Thanks for the nice comments. I'm very happy that you like her.

It took me actually a long time to find a suitable jar for the skull. I finally came across a 30 cm Mr. Freeze figure whose helmet was ideal. Especially, with its cloudly look.

7Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:09 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@GubernatorFan
The head is from a Flagset Katyusha figure. I got rid of the white hair and repainted the lips in a more pale color. I really like the Katyusha head, though it is a little bit on the smaller side.

8Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:28 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very unique figure, and gorgeous photos! Interesting how you customised the hair....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

9Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:The head is from a Flagset Katyusha figure. I got rid of the white hair and repainted the lips in a more pale color. I really like the Katyusha head, though it is a little bit on the smaller side.

Thank you for the information. Your customization is a huge improvement on that head. Makes me wish I hadn't skipped it, but it just looked a bit weird to me. You have demonstrated its potential. Might work on the smaller TBLeague bodies like S25B (which is one of my favorites).

10Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:38 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Skywalkersaga
Thanks. The character demanded medium/short hair, and so I transplanted the sculpted hair piece from a SWToys Alice head to her. I thought it turned out pretty well.

11Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:45 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I played around a little Here's one more picture of Lucy...
There is actually a small LED inside the head to make it glow from the inside.

Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle 51393850459_bd350cf9ef_kCJ3A2567cut by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

12Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice effect with the light inside the skull.

13Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:19 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Brilliant bash! definitely has a 'supernatural' feel to it, she would make an excellent hunter, as they are called in the tv show. The jar is an excellent touch! I wonder what mystical powers it may hold??

14Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:29 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Randam Hajile wrote:@Skywalkersaga
Thanks. The character demanded medium/short hair, and so I transplanted the sculpted hair piece from a SWToys Alice head to her. I thought it turned out pretty well.  

Seems like it worked perfectly! : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

15Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:00 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a pretty cool effect. And I think you did a great job with the hair transplant, I honestly thought the head came that way.

16Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:10 am

Skippy

Randam Hajile wrote:
Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle 51393088959_3910045ea5_kCJ3A2565adj by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

I love that head sculpt, and what you did with it.

You made a great looking character!

17Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:37 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Cool, not a character that I know but she looks great, that skull is very cool, specially the container it's in.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle 1f60e

18Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:32 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@ all
Thanks for all the nice comments.

I've bashed together another one of Lucy's companions. Anthony Lockwood is the primary paranormal investigator and her best friend. I wished that a had a better suit for him.

Investigating spectres in the woods...

Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle 51398363016_fc8913b239_kCJ3A2599 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

19Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:54 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look great together.

20Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:53 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Brilliant! they really do look great together as the gaffer said. I hope we get to see more of these two and maybe a few stories?

21Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:51 pm

Illusion

Illusion
Nice couple!
cool outfits
really like the female HS

22Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:13 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
You really have an eye for putting figures together. Everything just fits together so well.

23Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:12 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Great attention to detail, and that’s a nice head sculpt. Who/what is that originally from?

24Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:57 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Stryker2011
The male HS is from a Very Cool "Light speed boy" figure. Mine is an original, but there are fine looking copies on Ebay for abot 20$.

25Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Empty Re: Ghost hunter Lucy Carlyle Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:14 am

Diana

Diana
They both look wonderful. And what an adorable face she has! The outfit looks very believable. What an amazing coat! I love everything about her, even the sculpted hair. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum