OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Empty Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Sat 21 Aug 2021 - 18:06

Ghost808

Ghost808
As the titles says. What would sci-fi fans want to see in female figure form most, from companies like TBLeague, Vstoys, Verycool, etc?

We've got medieval ladies raining from the skies, and soldier girls galore, but sci-fi female figures....tumbleweeds! (I'm still pretending galaxy soldier doesn't exist)

I'd personally love to see more high-tech, or cyberpunk style female figures, but what would you folks like to see? Dystopian? Post apocalypse? Steampunk?

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? 7584xz10
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? 0f5d9710
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? 44421510

davidd

davidd
Caroline Munro as Margiana from The Golden Voyage of Sinbad

Linda Harrison as Nova from Planet of the Apes/Beneath the Planet of the Apes

Julie Adams as Kay Lawrence from Creature from the Black Lagoon

Gabrielle Fitzpatrick as Dulcea from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie

Kathy Ireland as Wanda Saknussemm from Alien from LA

Louise Bourgoin as Adele Blanc-Sec from The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Adele_blancsec2
You'll get right on this, TBLeague/Executive Replicas, won't you, please?

shazzdan

shazzdan
Characters from the older British Sci-Fi TV shows such as Blake's 7 and Dr. Who

Ghost808

Ghost808
davidd wrote:Caroline Munro as Margiana from The Golden Voyage of Sinbad

Linda Harrison as Nova from Planet of the Apes/Beneath the Planet of the Apes

Julie Adams as Kay Lawrence from Creature from the Black Lagoon

Gabrielle Fitzpatrick as Dulcea from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie

Kathy Ireland as Wanda Saknussemm from Alien from LA

Louise Bourgoin as Adele Blanc-Sec from The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Adele_blancsec2
You'll get right on this, TBLeague/Executive Replicas, won't you, please?
I reckon Margiana falls more into the category of fantasy, rather than Sci-fi, but she would definitely make a great figure! She certainly grabbed my attention as a kid!!

The rest are really interesting choices. I'd never even heard of Adele Blanc-Sec until now. Cool character with a really crazy back story. I'd also like to see a figure of her, including pterodactyl! 

Ghost808

Ghost808
shazzdan wrote:Characters from the older British Sci-Fi TV shows such as Blake's 7 and Dr. Who
I used to work for a comic shop when I was in my early 20s. A guy asked about blakes 7 and I, assuming he'd seen the show already, inadvertently totally spoilered the series ending! He did not end up buying the box set!! And i learned to say "not seen it, sorry" instead! 😄

I was never a big Who fan, but I reckon the "crystal" covered woman, from the Tom Baker era Dr Who, could be a pretty interesting figure. I forget the name.

davidd

davidd
Ghost808 wrote:The rest are really interesting choices. I'd never even heard of Adele Blanc-Sec until now. Cool character with a really crazy back story. I'd also like to see a figure of her, including pterodactyl!

The movie is well worth checking out. IMHO, 'natch! We all have different tastes to a degree. Wink

If we're talking Doctor Who characters, I'd like to see Louise Jameson as Leela, obviously; and Sarah Sutton as Nyssa (she was so pretty!).

And as long as TBLeague is on their "Egyptian" kick, how about JoAnna Cameron as Isis/Andrea Thomas from The Secrets of Isis TV series from the mid-1970s? Now that would be a figure I'd pre-order in a hot second!

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I’d like to see figures along the lines of Capricia here from the comic Crux.

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? C25d0810

doodlehobby

I would love to see Houquet et Rose from Mospeada (or aka Rook from Robotech) with her transformable Ride Armor. Or maybe the Knight Sabers from Bubblegum Crisis and their Motoroids. That would just be awesome. Provided they can engineer it right with the proper tolerances and durability. LOL

Or on the alien side a female Predator?

Also adding:
Samus Aran - Metroid
Kerrigan (both as Ghost and Zerg Queen) - Starcraft
Female Protoss - Starcraft
Tali'Zorah nar Rayya - Mass Effect
Iria - Zeiram

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I would say that there aren't exactly *historically accurate* 'medieval ladies' raining from the skies -- if there were, I'd be collecting them. Razz  As it is, we just have tbleague-style psuedo-medieval fantasy figures, which don't do it for me at all.

But in terms of sci-fi, well, I collect Star Wars, so I'll always be wishing for more female characters from that 'verse (especially alien ladies), but since there's actually a high chance of many of those eventually being made by either Sideshow or HT (and some I am in the process of making myself), I won't list them here.

Current 'other' sci-fi figures I'd like to see would be pretty much any of the female characters from both Firefly and The Expanse.

Usually, I tend to not go for 'generic' figures and prefer to collect those that depict characters I already have some kind of emotional attachment to. That said, I would possibly consider collecting some random female figures if they had outfits I liked enough, especially if those outfits were well made and not overly-sexualised.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shazzdan

shazzdan
skywalkersaga wrote:
Usually, I tend to not go for 'generic' figures and prefer to collect those that depict characters I already have some kind of emotional attachment to. That said, I would possibly consider collecting some random female figures if they had outfits I liked enough, especially if those outfits were well made and not overly-sexualised.
One possibility is to forget about finished figures and look for clothing that you like instead. You can put together your own figures. There are a lot of decent medieval dresses available and some are very well priced.

Here is one example:
https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/1071889503/purple-medieval-gown-for-tonner-tyler-16

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Il_794xN.3327955357_14fv

She has a lot of other items for sale that all look pretty good at reasonable prices.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Sewlishus

Sellers like this usually accept custom orders so it should be possible to recreate a specific character if you want.

Ghost808

Ghost808
skywalkersaga wrote:I would say that there aren't exactly *historically accurate* 'medieval ladies' raining from the skies -- if there were, I'd be collecting them. Razz  As it is, we just have tbleague-style psuedo-medieval fantasy figures, which don't do it for me at all.

Current 'other' sci-fi figures I'd like to see would be pretty much any of the female characters from both Firefly and The Expanse.

What do you mean? Are you saying high heels and bare...everything, isn't historically accurate? 🤣 I may have been using the term "medieval" loosely in this instance.

Agree on the expanse. I'd especially like some Martian armour. And a Gina Torres from firefly would be great.

I'm the other way. I like to kit bash and generally just go for a "look" more than anything. I've bashed a few sci-fi figures, but they just aren't quite right. There just aren't enough good parts out there. I even looked at 3d printing, but even that is lacking. Mostly catering to male figures.
I will go for particular established characters, if I like them enough, but I tend to find that most of those characters don't get made.

Also agree on the over sexualization. I've much preferred TBLeagues more covered offerings of late. More believable, and more interesting.

Ghost808

Ghost808
doodlehobby wrote:I would love to see Houquet et Rose from Mospeada (or aka Rook from Robotech) with her transformable Ride Armor. Or maybe the Knight Sabers from Bubblegum Crisis and their Motoroids. That would just be awesome. Provided they can engineer it right with the proper tolerances and durability. LOL

Or on the alien side a female Predator?

Also adding:
Samus Aran - Metroid
Kerrigan (both as Ghost and Zerg Queen) - Starcraft
Female Protoss - Starcraft
Tali'Zorah nar Rayya - Mass Effect
Iria - Zeiram
We certainly have similar tastes! I'd like to see everything from your list get made! 

A Samus figure would be amazing, but given the difficulty of making a figure that heavily armoured AND still able to move, I'd bet it would cost a fortune! I'm surprised it hasn't happened though, given the characters enduring popularity. And if they can make iron man work in 1/6, Samus shouldn't be that hard.

Likewise I'm surprised Starcraft don't make 1/6. Blizzard certainly has the fan base to sell it to. I think they did do a space marine a while back? But that may have been a statue??

It's actually a good thing they don't make Mass Effect figures. (Beyond the old Shep figure, which I missed)  I'd go broke buying the entire crew! 😄

Ghost808

Ghost808
Xavion2004 wrote:I’d like to see figures along the lines of Capricia here from the comic Crux.

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? C25d0810
I'm not familiar with this character or source, but it certainly looks like something TBLeague would produce. Not an overly complicated outfit to recreate, and it wouldn't be the first time they did comic characters. Out of everyone on the thread so far, I reckon you have the best shot at wish fulfilment! 😄

Ghost808

Ghost808
I can see why you might want a figure of her!...
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Https_10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Updated versions of Arnold from Terminator 2 & Predator (along with an updated Predator).
The entire cast of the original Planet of the Apes with Charlton Heston
Sigourney Weaver, Michael Biehn, Bill Paxton, Carrie Henn & Jenette Goldstein from Aliens
Gil Gerard, Erin Grey & Pamela Hensley (Buck Rogers In the 25th Century)
Richard Hatch, Dirk Benedict & Lorne Greene (the original Battlestar Galactica)
Jamie Bamber, Katee Sackhoff, Edward James Olmos, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park & Aaron Douglas (updated Battlestar Galactica)
Jane Fonda from Barbarella
The entire crew of Firefly
The entire crew of Farscape (including Scorpius)
Rhona Mitra from Doomsday
(I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Updated versions of Arnold from Terminator 2 & Predator (along with an updated Predator).
Jamie Bamber, Katee Sackhoff, Edward James Olmos, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park & Aaron Douglas (updated Battlestar Galactica)

Second all of these! Smile

(I think WarriorsGate did some Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict sculpts... )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And now that we have a very Stargate-evocative figure on the way, how about the entire set of protagonists from the film and original series?

Ghost808

Ghost808
Stryker2011 wrote:Updated versions of Arnold from Terminator 2 & Predator (along with an updated Predator).
The entire cast of the original Planet of the Apes with Charlton Heston
Sigourney Weaver, Michael Biehn, Bill Paxton, Carrie Henn & Jenette Goldstein from Aliens
Gil Gerard, Erin Grey & Pamela Hensley (Buck Rogers In the 25th Century)
Jane Fonda from Barbarella
The entire crew of Firefly
The entire crew of Farscape (including Scorpius)
Rhona Mitra from Doomsday
(I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head).
I would absolutely love to see another run of the Aliens cast. Preferably with better headsculpts than the last run. They are still about occasionally on eBay, but the prices are insane! There was a pretty good Alien, Sigourney recently, which included her cat, Jonesey and his cat box. I'd especially love a Bill Paxton, Hudson figure. Such a whiney character, to start, but he went out fighting like a real hero. Loved that guy.

Farscape was great. I'd love a Chiana figure. I loved Pilot too, but I don't think he existed below the waist???

There are so many great figure opportunities out there, yet we mostly just get Iron Man armour Mark XXVIXMMX!! And various versions of the same bikini warrior girls. No offence to collectors of these figures. I like them too. I'd just like a bit more variation.

I'll bet given the age of many of these properties, the license cost to produce their figures wouldn't be too bad either.
Not that a license ever got in the way, when you can just make a dead-on Arnie in leathers with a red eye, and call it "future robot killer man", or some such dodgy name! 😄

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ghost808 wrote:I'd especially love a Bill Paxton, Hudson figure. Such a whiney character, to start, but he went out fighting like a real hero. Loved that guy.

There are so many great figure opportunities out there, yet we mostly just get Iron Man armour Mark XXVIXMMX!! And various versions of the same bikini warrior girls. No offence to collectors of these figures. I like them too. I'd just like a bit more variation.

I'll bet given the age of many of these properties, the license cost to produce their figures wouldn't be too bad either.
Not that a license ever got in the way, when you can just make a dead-on Arnie in leathers with a red eye, and call it "future robot killer man", or some such dodgy name! 😄

I love Bill Baxton, period. From Weird Science to Flying Cows (Twister?) to Big Love. Such a figure would be great for itself and for its kitbash material. RIP, Bill.

I like the Avengers and Tony Stark, but yes, I can barely be bothered to look at another Iron Man (re)iteration.

There are so many excellent Arnies out there, I'm surprised people really feel the need for more (apart from reissues and tweaks). But while we are on the subject of names, how about Crypto-robot Executioner?

Smile

Ghost808

Ghost808
GubernatorFan wrote:

I love Bill Baxton, period. From Weird Science to Flying Cows (Twister?) to Big Love. Such a figure would be great for itself and for its kitbash material. RIP, Bill.

I like the Avengers and Tony Stark, but yes, I can barely be bothered to look at another Iron Man (re)iteration.

There are so many excellent Arnies out there, I'm surprised people really feel the need for more (apart from reissues and tweaks). But while we are on the subject of names, how about Crypto-robot Executioner?

Smile
Ahh weird science. I nearly bust a rib laughing at pile of poop Bill in that! 
Twister would have been an empty movie without Bill on board.
He was an absolute legend. He carried Predator 2 imo too. RIP Bill, indeed!

Crypto-robot Executioner!! Is that a license dodge of your own concoction, or is that a genuine figure. (Please be genuine!! 😄)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ghost808 wrote:Crypto-robot Executioner!! Is that a license dodge of your own concoction, or is that a genuine figure. (Please be genuine!! 😄)

Nah, just playing off of what you were suggesting. But who knows... maybe one day? Smile

Ghost808

Ghost808
GubernatorFan wrote:
Ghost808 wrote:Crypto-robot Executioner!! Is that a license dodge of your own concoction, or is that a genuine figure. (Please be genuine!! 😄)

Nah, just playing off of what you were suggesting. But who knows... maybe one day? Smile
I think the figure producers read these boards. I'll bet good money that name pops up on a Dark Fate knock-off soon. 😆

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ghost808 wrote:I think the figure producers read these boards. I'll bet good money that name pops up on a Dark Fate knock-off soon. 😆

Only time will tell. Smile

davidd

davidd
Crypto-Robot Executioner vs Future Robot Killer Man! I wanna see the movie! And the toys! And the knock-off toys!

But one of 'em's gotta be a girl - because the original topic here was which female sci-fi figure would we like to see.
Wink

Except... I'm enjoying the way the topic has broadened in scope.

And no, we do not actually need a Girl Terminator.

And yeah... Isis! I think there's still a window of opportunity to reel in a few collectors who remember her before they age out of the market!

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I’d love some generic sci fi armour and stuff I can use with my kitbashes. I’ve got several characters in the works but I’m much more comfortable making fantasy/quasi historical outfits and weapons so my sci fi lot are unfortunately always on the back burner.

I don’t collect boxed figures myself, but I agree, I’d love to see characters from The Expanse and Firefly!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum