OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:16 am

Diana

Ghost808 wrote:
Diana wrote:I would like to see Aeryn Sun and Zhaan of Farscape. I've seen pictures of them in 1/6, but they weren't good enough. Smile
Excellent choices. Aeryn Sun would be a fairly easy kitbash, if they ever did a Claudia Black head sculpt.

Zhaan, not so much! Unless your silicone painting skills are top notch!! 😄
So true! I actually thought about trying to recreate Zhaan... I am a perfectionist and I have patience, which means I'll either rock it or lose steam in the process. Neutral

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Since Zhaan was mentioned (I'd give anything to be able to complete the Farscape crew -- the whole crew, including Pilot), how about the same actress Virginia Hey from Road Warrior:

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Extern60
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Extern61
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Extern62
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Extern63

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Yes. And how about Tina Turner from the Thunderdome? Smile And, I think she got forgotten this time round, how about Valeria from the original Conan movie?

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

csyeung

Some cool suggestions. I love sci fi. I think the Dune series could be cool depending on who does them. I also kinda liked the space suits in Discovery first couple of seasons. Also mentioned in another thread, Joel Kinnaman from For all mankind, although that's closer to a regular space suit. Aloy is a great suggestion, loved that game.

Alicia Vikander from Ex Machina would be kinda neat with see through mechanical parts.

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 5153ed62c89509a05493a6a2335a9a65

I think though I'd love to have an actual Angel of Verdun from edge of tommorrow. I think someone did a limited custom way back when.

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Edge-of-tomorrow-emily-blunt-as-rita-vrataski-wallpaper-15455_L

Oh and probably cheating, I'd love westworld figures haha, mostly for the western costumes though lol.

BAMComix

BAMComix
I think a T'pol would be cool, don't think I've ever seen anyone attempt her?

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Tpol_uniform

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Ghost808 wrote:

I have the Takara Cool Girl Midori version, in grey. It's nice, but it's just too chunky. It'd pretty much fit on average or slimmer male figures. 

I wasn't even aware there was a more recent version? How did I miss that!!! Do you know what brand that was?

Sorry, I was asking if you had the Takara version or if there was another version released during the 15 years or so I was out of 1/6. I don”t know of any other versions being released after Takara.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:I think a T'pol would be cool, don't think I've ever seen anyone attempt her?

Keep an eye on Exo-6. The likelihood of her, and others being done could be very high. Nanjin has teams working on each series, and depending on sales of figures in the series will depend on the number of additional characters made, and the actual number of figures made. It’s my understanding that runs will mostly be based on POs — ie, there won’t be large quantities of extras (if any), and he’s already teased the four Captains (aside from Janeway) from TNG, DS9 and Enterpirse. He’s also planning Wrath of Khan, has to do Discovery (contractually), but not sure about the Kelvan Timeline (the recent movies with Chris Pine, etc.). I wouldn’t be surprised to see T’Pol at some point.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:
BAMComix wrote:I think a T'pol would be cool, don't think I've ever seen anyone attempt her?

Keep an eye on Exo-6. The likelihood of her, and others being done could be very high. Nanjin has teams working on each series, and depending on sales of figures in the series will depend on the number of additional characters made, and the actual number of figures made. It’s my understanding that runs will mostly be based on POs — ie, there won’t be large quantities of extras (if any), and he’s already teased the four Captains (aside from Janeway) from TNG, DS9 and Enterpirse. He’s also planning Wrath of Khan, has to do Discovery (contractually), but not sure about the Kelvan Timeline (the recent movies with Chris Pine, etc.). I wouldn’t be surprised to see T’Pol at some point.

Thanks for the info Mark bounce

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
I think it might be nice to see a Frankie Adams figure as Martian Marine Gunnery Sargeant Bobbie Draper from The Expanse.
Her power armor, formal dress uniform and civilian casual outfits give her a great range of looks and ( without intending to be crude) her figure in real life is about as close to the majority of 1/6 female bodies as it gets.
I’m going to opt out of including a picture, since the Internet can provide any reference.

60Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:15 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Yeah, those Martian armors would be great. Like Sky mentioned, anything Expanse.
On the other hand I want to make something similiar myself which might cost less.

I also hope that one day someone will make a good adaption of "The Forever War" with great space suit/armor designs.

61Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:50 pm

Ghost808

Ghost808
Ovy wrote:Yeah, those Martian armors would be great. Like Sky mentioned, anything Expanse.
On the other hand I want to make something similiar myself which might cost less.

I also hope that one day someone will make a good adaption of "The Forever War" with great space suit/armor designs.
I believe there is a Forever War movie in the works, though that has been on and off for 10 years, so it might still never happen. Ridley Scott was going to do it, at one point, but I think he dropped it to focus on his alien prequels.

So figures of that, could see the light of day, but not for a good few years yet.

Ghost808

Ghost808
GubernatorFan wrote:Yes. And how about Tina Turner from the Thunderdome? Smile And, I think she got forgotten this time round, how about Valeria from the original Conan movie?
Ahhh, thunderdome Tina would be great!!!

A double set, including her weird little sidekick with the dolls head back banner, would be even better! 

I think Valeria would make a cool figure, but she definitely falls into the fantasy category more. I reckon you could almost kitbash her, given the wealth of fantasy swords and sorcery stuff available already. Might be worth a try?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You are right, Valeria is fantasy rather than science fiction, what was I thinking? I think more than one of us would be happy to kitbash her, if only there was a good head sculpt...

davidd

davidd
The original question was specifically about female figures, but rather than start a new topic, I'll resurrect this existing topic and expand it to include "male figures" by asking: why are there no DOUG MCCLURE sci-fi action figures?

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Peter-Cushing-Caroline-Munro-Doug-McClure

McClure was the star of a number of what would now be called "steampunk style" adventure films in the 1970s, including:

At the Earth's Core
The Land that Time Forgot
The People that Time Forgot
Warlords of Atlantis

And let us not forget... or maybe we should forget... the original Humanoids from the Deep.

I'm seeing all manner of new releases of video game characters and obscure television and web series and manga characters that to me seem extremely obscure. Are the older films from the 1970s so completely forgotten that there is no market for them at all?

Yet we have recently seen at least two releases for versions of Charlie Chaplin, and Lugosi in his role from White Zombie, so it's not necessarily a matter of being old. Why can't we get a Doug McClure?

And while they're at it, how about some versions of Peter Cushing other than Star Wars related?

Really, though, I want a high-quality Doug McClure action figure based on his 1970s adventure film roles.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m with you, Davidd. Also on my list of ‘70s Sci-Fi/Fantasy movies I’ve had on my list for custom figures are from The Golden Voyage of Sinbad and Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Surely you realize these are much more obscure than Chaplin and Lugosi... which is not to say they wouldn't be great to have.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Blade Runner (1982) - Rachael ( Sean Young )
Blade Runner (1982) - Pris ( Daryl Hannah )
The Fifth Element (1997) - Leeloo ( Milla Jovovich )
The Fifth Element (1997) - Check-in Attendant ( Sophia Goth )
Lifeforce (1985) - Space Girl ( Mathilda May )
Species (1995) - Sil ( Natasha Henstridge )

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Blade_11

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Blade_10

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 The_fi11

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 The_fi10

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Lifefo10

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Specie10

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
What?! Shaun, you don’t want Naked Space Vampire?

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:Surely you realize these are much more obscure than Chaplin and Lugosi... which is not to say they wouldn't be great to have.

Yes, obviously Doug McClure is more obscure than Chaplin. I was thinking about the "age" issue. In a discussion a while back, an online acquaintance said the reason figures like a Doug McClure are not issued is that they are from too long ago. I can't say I've ever heard any of my online friends or acquaintances, across a variety of forums and websites, ever mention White Zombie, let alone express interest in an action figure based on a 1930s film that has largely fallen from the public eye. Same with Chaplin. I mean... who is buying these things other than a few movie buffs who might want a Chaplin fig for the display case in their home theater?

Does anyone remember when "home theaters" were all the rage? Dedicated rooms for watching movies, with surround sound systems, projection TVs, and laser disc players? Nowadays people watch movies on their phones. I doubt that phone film fanatics are buying many Charlie Chaplin display figures... or even know who he was. But I digress.

I have, over the years, had people mention Doug McClure's films, particularly the "steampunk" 1970s sci-fi adventures. Additionally, McClure (along with, I believe, Troy Donahue) inspired a long-running "second rate movie actor" character on TV's The Simpsons.

While it is true that the Land that Time Forgot series has not had the longevity of Star Wars from the same era (late-1970s), there is "cult move fandom" around films like this. Some of the recently released or announced figures, like "Chainsaw Head Demon Man" or whatever he is called, are from extremely niche properties. I would think there would be equal or greater interest in characters and actors from film franchises with longer-term cult fan bases.

But... the figures aren't out there, so maybe not.

Ghost808

Ghost808
I've wanted a Bladrunner Rachel figure, forever!!! Especially when she wears the fur coat. Pris would be another I'd love to have. (Anything bladerunner really)

But those are all solid choices ukshaun. A Ruby Rod figure would be funny to have to go with the air hostess. They could flirt on the display shelf!

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:What?! Shaun, you don’t want Naked Space Vampire?

That's an optional choice.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Ghost808 wrote:I've wanted a Bladrunner Rachel figure, forever!!! Especially when she wears the fur coat. Pris would be another I'd love to have. (Anything bladerunner really)

But those are all solid choices ukshaun. A Ruby Rod figure would be funny to have to go with the air hostess. They could flirt on the display shelf!

I never understood why Hot Toys never picked up the Blade Runner license?
The movie is a cult classic. It will never go out of fashion.
100 years from now people will still be watching Blade Runner Smile

When it comes to Hot Toys, i get the impression, business being business, Star Wars, Marvel and DC hog most of the attention.
From time to time Hot Toys do offer characters outside of the big 3

73Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:04 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Air Hostess? Ruby Rod? But not Bruce Willis? I'd love to see the Diva (Plava Laguna?).

74Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:19 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:Air Hostess? Ruby Rod? But not Bruce Willis? I'd love to see the Diva (Plava Laguna?).

from OP
'As the titles says. What would sci-fi fans want to see in female figure form most, from companies like TBLeague, Vstoys, Verycool, etc?'

Blade Runner - Deckard ( Harrison Ford ) would be awesome!

75Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:32 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Air Hostess? Ruby Rod? But not Bruce Willis? I'd love to see the Diva (Plava Laguna?).

from OP
'As the titles says. What would sci-fi fans want to see in female figure form most, from companies like TBLeague, Vstoys, Verycool, etc?'

Yes but later he asked about male figures.

76Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:43 pm

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:

from OP

Yes but later he asked about male figures.

Technically, the OP (Ghost808) did not expand the topic. As the discussion had gone dormant, I, a mere "member" and "participant," elected to expand the discussion rather than starting a similar, separate topic about male figures.

The new prompt has, one must admit, served to considerably rejuvenate the already-interesting discussion by broadening the conversation while remaining largely on-topic!

And, amusingly, the discussion quickly veered back to female film characters anyway!

I guess nobody really wants male sci-fi characters in figure form, not Doug McClure or anyone else! lol!

77Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:46 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hey! Not true. I wouldn’t mind a Doug McClure sculpt. I could always use him in my Western stuff, since that’s pretty much where he got his start (The Virginian TV series). There are so many actors and actresses that have never been done, mainly because the younger Millennials & Gen Zs don’t seem to realize their was life before 2000 (and movies that were far more entertaining, if you ask me).

78Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:15 am

davidd

davidd
Stryker2011 wrote:mainly because the younger Millennials & Gen Zs don’t seem to realize their was life before 2000 (and movies that were far more entertaining, if you ask me).

My niece once told me that she has never seen a movie made prior to 2000. Rolling Eyes

79Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:29 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't think it has aged well, but Blake's 7 was sorta interesting to me when I was growing up. It had a number of interesting characters of both sexes, even though the British are famous for supposedly subordinating looks to good acting.
One obvious choice would be Servalan.
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 3 Blakes7servalan-205d758

Ironically, among the male characters the titular Blake is probably less interesting as a hero (action figure) than his replacement Tarrant and the brilliantly caustic Avon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum