OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Ghost808

GubernatorFan wrote:
Ghost808 wrote:Crypto-robot Executioner!! Is that a license dodge of your own concoction, or is that a genuine figure. (Please be genuine!! 😄)

Nah, just playing off of what you were suggesting. But who knows... maybe one day? Smile
I think the figure producers read these boards. I'll bet good money that name pops up on a Dark Fate knock-off soon. 😆

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Ghost808 wrote:I think the figure producers read these boards. I'll bet good money that name pops up on a Dark Fate knock-off soon. 😆

Only time will tell. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

davidd

Crypto-Robot Executioner vs Future Robot Killer Man! I wanna see the movie! And the toys! And the knock-off toys!

But one of 'em's gotta be a girl - because the original topic here was which female sci-fi figure would we like to see.
Wink

Except... I'm enjoying the way the topic has broadened in scope.

And no, we do not actually need a Girl Terminator.

And yeah... Isis! I think there's still a window of opportunity to reel in a few collectors who remember her before they age out of the market!

Lynkhart

I’d love some generic sci fi armour and stuff I can use with my kitbashes. I’ve got several characters in the works but I’m much more comfortable making fantasy/quasi historical outfits and weapons so my sci fi lot are unfortunately always on the back burner.

I don’t collect boxed figures myself, but I agree, I’d love to see characters from The Expanse and Firefly!

http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk

Ghost808

Ghost808
davidd wrote:Crypto-Robot Executioner vs Future Robot Killer Man! I wanna see the movie! And the toys! And the knock-off toys!

But one of 'em's gotta be a girl - because the original topic here was which female sci-fi figure would we like to see.
Wink

Except... I'm enjoying the way the topic has broadened in scope.

And no, we do not actually need a Girl Terminator.

And yeah... Isis! I think there's still a window of opportunity to reel in a few collectors who remember her before they age out of the market!
Well spotted. It was originally meant to be focused on female figures, primarily because the sci-fi genre already gets a pretty good representation in male figures. Iron man, killzone, titanfall, stormtroopers, future-tech military stuff, Terminator, etc. All get a lot of love, but female sci-fi gets left behind. And there are so many great female sci-fi characters out there, especially in games and manga. It seems producers only seem interested in scantily clad fantasy women (with the exception of some recent more clothed figures).

But it's true, the broader subject is better. I too have realised just how many male sci-fi figures dont get made, or don't get enough coverage, that I'd also love to have. From Aliens especially.

I so need to see Crypto-Robot Executioner Vs. Future Robot Killer man!! 😆 I'm getting a distinct B-movie, sharknado vibe!

I have to confess, without Google I wouldn't have known who that Isis character was, but if they could get that headsculpt even close, I'd be fully on board!

Ghost808

Ghost808
Lynkhart wrote:I’d love some generic sci fi armour and stuff I can use with my kitbashes. I’ve got several characters in the works but I’m much more comfortable making fantasy/quasi historical outfits and weapons so my sci fi lot are unfortunately always on the back burner.

I don’t collect boxed figures myself, but I agree, I’d love to see characters from The Expanse and Firefly!
Same. I've got a few cyberpunk or sci-fi figure bashes that just need some shin armour here, or a chest plate there, but there just isn't the stuff out there.
I've got a female future cop figure I've wanted to do for years, based on some concept artwork I did years ago, but can't find anything remotely suitable. 

An Amos figure from the expanse would be great, especially if they got his proportions right, he'd make pretty imposing figure for the shelf.

Ghost808

Ghost808
A figure I'd love to have, that also bridges the gap between sci-fi subject and fantasy appearance. I'm surprised it's not been done already...
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Img_0211

Ghost808

Ghost808
I reckon this one might be in with a slim chance of existing, if the Dune movie remake is a success. Though I'd narrowly prefer the Sean Young version from the 80s version. Just out of nostalgia.
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Image10

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I also would really like to see an Aloy figure from "Horizon: Zero Dawn". Maybe, there is a chance, if the second part will be a commercial success in the near future... Keep your finger crossed!

DJ

DJ
I know it may seem corny, but I really want these three from Cleopatra 2525.
Especially Sarge and those incredible pants.
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Cleopatra2050-serie-aff

DJ

DJ
Of course this one that no body has released in one sixth scale.
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 GRACE-LEE-WHITNEY-SIGNED-AUTOGRAPHED-8x10-PHOTO-RAND

Ghost808

Ghost808
DJ wrote:I know it may seem corny, but I really want these three from Cleopatra 2525.
Wow, that is a textbook bit of 90s sci-fi, right there!! I'd completely forgotten about that show.

I'm not sure if it's the pants that are impressive, or the legs that fill them? She certainly never skipped leg day!

DJ

DJ
Ghost808 wrote:
DJ wrote:I know it may seem corny, but I really want these three from Cleopatra 2525.
Wow, that is a textbook bit of 90s sci-fi, right there!! I'd completely forgotten about that show.

I'm not sure if it's the pants that are impressive, or the legs that fill them? She certainly never skipped leg day!

The original show release date was 01/2000. Good point on the pants, makes me ponder.  I don't think Victoria Pratt skipped any days!

Ghost808

Ghost808
DJ wrote:
Ghost808 wrote:

The original show release date was 01/2000. Good point on the pants, makes me ponder.  I don't think Victoria Pratt skipped any days!
Oh it might have been released in 2000, but it was 100% 1996 in spirit 😄

Good point. She has a powerful physique, all round. The S23 by tbleague looks a bit exaggerated, until you see Victoria Pratt! Then you realise. Actually, S23 looks a bit wimpy 😆

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
I seriously would like to see another go at Deunan Knute from Appleseed,

Ghost808

Ghost808
ZeroDelta wrote:I seriously would like to see another go at Deunan Knute from Appleseed,  
Agree. It's one of the best sci-fi tactical suit designs imo, and it'd be a great one for sci-fi kitbashers too, if it was a proper fully removable modular outfit.

Diana

Diana
I would like to see Aeryn Sun and Zhaan of Farscape. I've seen pictures of them in 1/6, but they weren't good enough. Smile

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Aeryns13 Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Aeryns14 Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Aeryns15
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Zhaan11 Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Zhaan012

Talon65

Bubble Gum Crisis would be awesome but I would just be happy with non licensed, future and near future sci fi clothes, armor and weapons.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Talon65 wrote: Bubble Gum Crisis would be awesome but I would just be happy with non licensed, future and near future sci fi clothes, armor and weapons.
I'd be happy with the same. Sadly most of the sci-fi-esque stuff that does come out, are...for want of a better term...lazy. Mostly just consisting of a catsuit and some wrist guards, (if we're lucky). They're fine, but they've been done 100 times before.

I'd love some fitted armour. Similar to the female Kerberos figure, but better fitting, and a bit more elegant. And some detailed rubberized under armour bodysuits, would be great!

I'm really surprised that there aren't more sci-fi weapons, now that you mention it. Maybe they just don't get parted out much?

davidd

davidd
Ghost808 wrote:

I'm really surprised that there aren't more sci-fi weapons, now that you mention it.

Yeah, I agree. We need more laser guns! Old school Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers style laser pistols!

Speaking of which, another character I'd love to see re-created in seamless 1/6 form is Princess Aura from the Flash Gordon movie serials:

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Ming_aura_1940

And while we're talking space babes and ray guns, how about Nyah... The Devil Girl From Mars!

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Nyah

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Ahhhh yes, Aloy would be incredible! 😍

Also hell yes to Farscape figs! I’d love to see Chiana in 1/6th scale! Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 1f60d

Ghost808

Ghost808
davidd wrote:

Speaking of which, another character I'd love to see re-created in seamless 1/6 form is Princess Aura from the Flash Gordon movie serials:

And while we're talking space babes and ray guns, how about Nyah... The Devil Girl From Mars!
Im not familiar with the Devil Girl From Mars, and I've never seen the original Flash, but I'd definitely like the princess from the super camp 80's Flash Gordon. She was one of my earliest crushes! 

A Brian Blessed Hawkman would be pretty awesome too.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Diana wrote:I would like to see Aeryn Sun and Zhaan of Farscape. I've seen pictures of them in 1/6, but they weren't good enough. Smile
Excellent choices. Aeryn Sun would be a fairly easy kitbash, if they ever did a Claudia Black head sculpt.

Zhaan, not so much! Unless your silicone painting skills are top notch!! 😄

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Ghost808 wrote:
I'd love some fitted armour. Similar to the female Kerberos figure, but better fitting, and a bit more elegant. And some detailed rubberized under armour bodysuits, would be great!

I’m not sure if you’re referring to the Takara Cool Girl Kerberos figure or one that’s come out since then, but I would love to see an update/reimagining of the Cy Girls/Cool Girls line. That line definitely had a big Sci-Fi element going for it.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Xavion2004 wrote:

I’m not sure if you’re referring to the Takara Cool Girl Kerberos figure or one that’s come out since then, but I would love to see an update/reimagining of the Cy Girls/Cool Girls line.  That line definitely had a big Sci-Fi element going for it.
I have the Takara Cool Girl Midori version, in grey. It's nice, but it's just too chunky. It'd pretty much fit on average or slimmer male figures. 

I wasn't even aware there was a more recent version? How did I miss that!!! Do you know what brand that was?

Diana

Diana
Ghost808 wrote:
Diana wrote:I would like to see Aeryn Sun and Zhaan of Farscape. I've seen pictures of them in 1/6, but they weren't good enough. Smile
Excellent choices. Aeryn Sun would be a fairly easy kitbash, if they ever did a Claudia Black head sculpt.

Zhaan, not so much! Unless your silicone painting skills are top notch!! 😄
So true! I actually thought about trying to recreate Zhaan... I am a perfectionist and I have patience, which means I'll either rock it or lose steam in the process. Neutral

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Since Zhaan was mentioned (I'd give anything to be able to complete the Farscape crew -- the whole crew, including Pilot), how about the same actress Virginia Hey from Road Warrior:

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Extern60
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Extern61
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Extern62
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Extern63

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes. And how about Tina Turner from the Thunderdome? Smile And, I think she got forgotten this time round, how about Valeria from the original Conan movie?

csyeung

csyeung
Some cool suggestions. I love sci fi. I think the Dune series could be cool depending on who does them. I also kinda liked the space suits in Discovery first couple of seasons. Also mentioned in another thread, Joel Kinnaman from For all mankind, although that's closer to a regular space suit. Aloy is a great suggestion, loved that game.

Alicia Vikander from Ex Machina would be kinda neat with see through mechanical parts.

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 5153ed62c89509a05493a6a2335a9a65

I think though I'd love to have an actual Angel of Verdun from edge of tommorrow. I think someone did a limited custom way back when.

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Edge-of-tomorrow-emily-blunt-as-rita-vrataski-wallpaper-15455_L

Oh and probably cheating, I'd love westworld figures haha, mostly for the western costumes though lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum