OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

davidd

GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Air Hostess? Ruby Rod? But not Bruce Willis? I'd love to see the Diva (Plava Laguna?).

from OP
'As the titles says. What would sci-fi fans want to see in female figure form most, from companies like TBLeague, Vstoys, Verycool, etc?'

Blade Runner - Deckard ( Harrison Ford ) would be awesome!
Yes but later he asked about male figures.

Technically, the OP (Ghost808) did not expand the topic. As the discussion had gone dormant, I, a mere "member" and "participant," elected to expand the discussion rather than starting a similar, separate topic about male figures.

The new prompt has, one must admit, served to considerably rejuvenate the already-interesting discussion by broadening the conversation while remaining largely on-topic!

And, amusingly, the discussion quickly veered back to female film characters anyway!

I guess nobody really wants male sci-fi characters in figure form, not Doug McClure or anyone else! lol!

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Hey! Not true. I wouldn’t mind a Doug McClure sculpt. I could always use him in my Western stuff, since that’s pretty much where he got his start (The Virginian TV series). There are so many actors and actresses that have never been done, mainly because the younger Millennials & Gen Zs don’t seem to realize their was life before 2000 (and movies that were far more entertaining, if you ask me).

davidd

Stryker2011 wrote:mainly because the younger Millennials & Gen Zs don’t seem to realize their was life before 2000 (and movies that were far more entertaining, if you ask me).

My niece once told me that she has never seen a movie made prior to 2000. Rolling Eyes

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I don't think it has aged well, but Blake's 7 was sorta interesting to me when I was growing up. It had a number of interesting characters of both sexes, even though the British are famous for supposedly subordinating looks to good acting.
One obvious choice would be Servalan.
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Blakes7servalan-205d758

Ironically, among the male characters the titular Blake is probably less interesting as a hero (action figure) than his replacement Tarrant and the brilliantly caustic Avon.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
davidd wrote:My niece once told me that she has never seen a movie made prior to 2000.  Rolling Eyes

And that right there is why so much mediocrity to absolute garbage is considered “great” in the eyes of these youngsters. They haven’t seen enough truly good to great movies to realize most of what’s been made since 2000 is utter trash. That’s not to say that there haven’t been good movies here and there, or that the mindless stuff isn’t entertaining, those things are just few and far between imho.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:I think a T'pol would be cool, don't think I've ever seen anyone attempt her?

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Tpol_uniform

Here’s a couple teases of the upcoming T’pol (and “The Motion Picture” Spock) from Exo-6:

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 6bc82810
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 63c59710

m76

m76
Flash Gordon

Ornella Muti as Princess Aura

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Om10

Brian Blessed as Prince Vultan

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Pv10

http://madblog.shacknet.us

ukshaun

ukshaun
m76 wrote:Flash Gordon

Around 1991 my mum owned a small Café, and Brian Blessed was known to frequent the place.
I never got to meet him, although he is just as loud in real-life as his on screen persona, apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:
BAMComix wrote:I think a T'pol would be cool, don't think I've ever seen anyone attempt her?

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Tpol_uniform

Here’s a couple teases of the upcoming T’pol (and “The Motion Picture” Spock) from Exo-6:

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 6bc82810
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 63c59710

Very cool, any ideas when she comes out?

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Well, with the popularity of Cyberpunk 2077 and well, the genre in general, I think its time we see more figures based around that particular take on Scifi. I mean, some more scifi military stuff would be great and there are various franchises that could be adapted into 1:6 figures, or even come up with a original line of figures, like what JACKAL X is doing.

Talon65

I'd love stuff like your pics. Sci fi and cyber punk armor, clothes and gear. I've never understood why none of the manufacturers make individual sci fi themed weapons packs. Sci fi or near future rifles, pistols, laser swords, etc.

Edit: Forgot to mention armored Knight Sabers figures from Bubblegum Crisis!

Ghost808

Ghost808
m76 wrote:Flash Gordon

I had quite the crush on Ms Muti back then! Watched Flash Gordon a good few times, thanks entirely to her.
A figure of her could be dangerous. I wouldn't get any work done, with that figure on my shelf! (And the Mrs would HATE it! lol)

Ghost808

Ghost808
GubernatorFan wrote:I don't think it has aged well, but Blake's 7 was sorta interesting to me when I was growing up. It had a number of interesting characters of both sexes, even though the British are famous for supposedly subordinating looks to good acting.
One obvious choice would be Servalan.
Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Blakes7servalan-205d758

Ironically, among the male characters the titular Blake is probably less interesting as a hero (action figure) than his replacement Tarrant and the brilliantly caustic Avon.

-----‐---------‐------------
Blake's 7 spoilers ahead!!!
----------------------------

I had an awkward experience thanks to Blake's 7.
I briefly worked security for a large comic chain.
I got cornered by some guy asking about DVDs, while I was subtly trying to watch a suspected shoplifter.
He asked if the Blake's 7 DVD had good extras, like behind the scenes stuff, etc.
In a rush to get rid of him, I said something along the lines of, "no idea. They all die at the end anyway". The poor guys face dropped like a stone.
I assumed from his age, and him being into sci-fi, he must have seen it already...he had not! 🤦‍�
He slapped the DVD down, and loudly growled "thanks very much", causing the lifter to spot me and dump out his bag of goodies.
He cost me a collar, but i still feel bad for ruining that show for him!

Blake's was slightly before my time. I watched some of it with my dad, via reruns (or VHS? I forget) in the 80's, but never really got into it.
Good looking character though. She reminds me of Ursa from the old superman 2.

Ghost808

Ghost808
davidd wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Air Hostess? Ruby Rod? But not Bruce Willis? I'd love to see the Diva (Plava Laguna?).

from OP
'As the titles says. What would sci-fi fans want to see in female figure form most, from companies like TBLeague, Vstoys, Verycool, etc?'

Blade Runner - Deckard ( Harrison Ford ) would be awesome!
Yes but later he asked about male figures.

Technically, the OP (Ghost808) did not expand the topic. As the discussion had gone dormant, I, a mere "member" and "participant," elected to expand the discussion rather than starting a similar, separate topic about male figures.

The new prompt has, one must admit, served to considerably rejuvenate the already-interesting discussion by broadening the conversation while remaining largely on-topic!

And, amusingly, the discussion quickly veered back to female film characters anyway!

I guess nobody really wants male sci-fi characters in figure form, not Doug McClure or anyone else!   lol!

I think the real reason, (Besides just aesthetically liking female figs more), that I went with a female sci-fi thread, is that male figures (with the notible exception of Doug McClure lol) are quite well represented already. Or at least the sci-fi kitbash potential is greater with male figures.
Terminators, Iron Men (oh, the mountains of Iron Men!), tactical future military, Halo spartans, star wars, star trek, (both of which are largely sausage-fests), etc.

However sci-fi women don't get much love. It's all bikini warriors! If a female character does pop up, it'll generally be a very well known, or already done marvel character. Not many good generic female sci-fi figs around, and not a lot of parts to create your own.

That being said, it's an old thread, so if you wanna expand it to the more niche, forgotten male heroes, then have at it. That's interesting too.

90Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:01 pm

Ghost808

Ghost808
ukshaun wrote:
Ghost808 wrote:I've wanted a Bladrunner Rachel figure, forever!!! Especially when she wears the fur coat. Pris would be another I'd love to have. (Anything bladerunner really)

But those are all solid choices ukshaun. A Ruby Rod figure would be funny to have to go with the air hostess. They could flirt on the display shelf!

I never understood why Hot Toys never picked up the Blade Runner license?
The movie is a cult classic. It will never go out of fashion.
100 years from now people will still be watching Blade Runner Smile

When it comes to Hot Toys, i get the impression, business being business, Star Wars, Marvel and DC hog most of the attention.
From time to time Hot Toys do offer characters outside of the big 3

From a money standpoint, I totally get why they retread the same few things. Its a shame though.

I've never understood why bladerunner never got more attention in general, but especially from Hot Toys. As you rightly say, its a genre defining movie, so it will never lose it's appeal.
They did a few unlicensed figs of Deckard, Joy and "Joe" from 2049, and i vaguely remember a figure of Gaff (though I may have dreamt that one), but none of them really blew me away. (Plus I was broke when they all came out! Lol)

I always wanted a Rachel figure with the victory roll hair (i had a mega teenage crush on Sean Young in that role and as Chani in Dune), and I wanted a Roy Batty with that cool long coat. In fact the full set of "villains" from the original would be awesome. A Sylvia Hoeks "Luv" from 2049 would make a striking figure too. I'm really surprised she got missed in the recent unlicensed releases.
So much missed potential.

91Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:28 am

Willmatron

I don't know if you've seen the show Lexx. Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Latest?cb=20091025170223

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 66235140da5921e7f94bacca63cae3c8

92Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:49 am

Ghost808

Ghost808
Willmatron wrote:I don't know if you've seen the show Lexx. Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Latest?cb=20091025170223

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 66235140da5921e7f94bacca63cae3c8

Who could forget a show about a love slave crossed with a killer worm, riding around space in a giant dragonfly, with an emo assassin, a horny robots severed head, and a weasily janitor?

That show was bonkers. In the best way possible, of course.

Willmatron

My other ideas is the T-X from Terminator 3, the last good Terminator movie.

And these two other women:

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Bride10

Some James Bond should count as scifi.

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Barbar10

Ghost808

Ghost808
Willmatron wrote:My other ideas is the T-X from Terminator 3, the last good Terminator movie.

And these two other women:

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Bride10

Some James Bond should count as scifi.

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Barbar10

I can't possibly imagine why you would want a figure of that bond girl???🤔 🤣
With all the gadgets and even trips into space, I'd say Bond just sneaks into sci-fi.

I was about to say that the bride of frankenstein isn't really sci-fi, but actually, she's probably a very good example of early sci-fi, in truth. Frankenstein is the original sci-fi body-horror book.
Given the popularity of those Hammer era movies, I'm surprised there aren't more figures. They did do a legosi recently, I think? So you might get lucky on that one eventually?

95Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:37 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Kaustic/Infinite teased an upcoming project, though not sci-fi, so maybe a Frankenstein isn’t out of the question.

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 D7cb1a10

And LEXX was awesome (at least until that final season, where it was clear they were running out of money).

Willmatron

I've had the sudden thought of a completely clear either male or female body. Most likely completely or mostly plastic. We can then buy clothes for an invisible man or woman.

I might have missed it, but are there heads based on Liv Tyler, either Lord of the Rings or the Incredible Hulk?

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
So, here is an idea: Figures based on the anime series "Dirty Pair". Kei and Yuri deserve some 1:6 treatment, both the original "Dirty pair Flash" and the Adam Warren version, would love to have em.

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 P7D1IjxilgQGBoo42YZaAkcTFIQ

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Dirty_pair_illo_for_flatiron_magazine__full_color_by_adamwarren_d8l10pt-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTM1NyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzU3OGMyZGQ4LTY3Y2QtNGI0ZS05OTExLTI3ZWU3MDdiY2MxOVwvZDhsMTBwdC0wZjFjMmNmNS02MzU0LTQ4N2ItOWUwOS02OWU2ODM4YTc5M2QuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ

I mean, comon, that is a no brainer here! Who does not like scantly clad ass kicking woman with BIG GUNS?

Speaking of: Duke Nukem would make for an awesome 1:6 scale figure, in my opinion. It would not even be so hard to do. M35 body as a base, custom head, jeans, boots, red muscle shirt, webbing and as extras you get his full arsenal of guns from the various games, a jetpack, pill bottle with Vitamin X, Medkit, Scuba Gear, Holo Duke and whatnot.

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Duke_nukem_3d___alien_armageddon_poster_by_sebabdukeboss20_dcjwhw2-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTc2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMjBiOTEzMWMtYjI2Ni00YWI1LTlkNjUtYWViYzYxYWRkNGM4XC9kY2p3aHcyLWFlMWUwYzA4LWI0MGEtNDBiNC05MmY0LTA5YmE1NGRjMDAwZC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19

Ya know, screw it, gonna do him myself!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
@ Willmatron: there has actually been 2 versions of Liv Tyler/Arwen by Asmus. Version 2.0, also called Frock version was better than the first version in her riding outfit when we first see her in The Fellowship.

@ZeroDelta: Dirty Pair would indeed be a no brainer. I have all the Manga series.

Willmatron

Stryker2011 wrote:@ Willmatron: there has actually been 2 versions of Liv Tyler/Arwen by Asmus. Version 2.0, also called Frock version was better than the first version in her riding outfit when we first see her in The Fellowship.

@ZeroDelta: Dirty Pair would indeed be a no brainer. I have all the Manga series.

I've only recently gotten into this level of collecting so I haven't done enough research to see all the heads they made.

My recent idea after seeing companies make wigs for heads, I either a generic female head that's bald.

Or have a Milla Jovovich head, that's bald with wigs based on various characters she played.

My other option is an April O'Neil, head, camera and yellow jumpsuit based on the 80s cartoon. I have to watch website I look up pictures of the character because some filters aren't that good, but I figure no picture is needed.

100Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:59 am

davidd

davidd
Willmatron wrote:My other option is an April O'Neil, head, camera and yellow jumpsuit based on the 80s cartoon. I have to watch website I look up pictures of the character because some filters aren't that good, but I figure no picture is needed.

A company called Newshen released a 1/6 April O'Neil figure a few years ago (2017, I believe):

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Boxed_Figure_DreamEX_Ninja_Turtles_April_DEX_A_p/dxb0005.htm

It is long out of stock. There are three of them listed on eBay at the moment: one at $600 USD, one at $800 USD, and one at $950 USD.

101Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:31 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Stryker2011 wrote:Kaustic/Infinite teased an upcoming project, though not sci-fi, so maybe a Frankenstein isn’t out of the question.

Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 D7cb1a10

And LEXX was awesome (at least until that final season, where it was clear they were running out of money).

Oh a classic Van Helsing and a Vampire ? I see images in my head of a vampire story with 1:6 figures, candlelight... scary. With a dance of the vampire touch. Thanks for showing all the nice ideas

102Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:06 am

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
And thats not just any Vampire, thats Dracula played by non-other than Christopher Lee.

103Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:16 am

davidd

davidd
ZeroDelta wrote:And thats not just any Vampire, thats Dracula played by non-other than Christopher Lee.

And Van Helsing portrayed by Peter Cushing!

I was just saying recently that I'd like to see a non-Star Wars Peter Cushing figure! I'll be watching for more info on this release with some interest!

104Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? - Page 4 Empty Re: Sci-fi lovers, what do you want to see? Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:30 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:
And Van Helsing portrayed by Peter Cushing!

I was just saying recently that I'd like to see a non-Star Wars Peter Cushing figure! I'll be watching for more info on this release with some interest!
To be honest, when I saw this, I thought it portrayed him just as he realized he was going to blow up (and his hair had grown up in that instant). Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum