OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:57 am

londonroadhog

This was my very first diorama… It’s probably a bit too tidy, but I am going to say he is just OCD and hates it all messy. Very Happy

Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) 50069186227_df7cc7ee0d_b

I had the Anvil, Hammer, and tongs made by a real 1:1 blacksmith. He even stamped the Anvil with my initials.

If anyone would like to see a How-I-Made-It, please let me know in the comments.

2Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:09 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Very nice, I love ancient/medieval scenes. What materials did you use for the parts?

And there is always time to add stuff to a diorama whenever you see sth that could fit.

3Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:23 am

londonroadhog

Valiarde wrote:Very nice, I love ancient/medieval scenes. What materials did you use for the parts?

And there is always time to add stuff to a diorama whenever you see sth that could fit.

Thank you.

For the walls and forge they were all done with foam board (the stuff covered with a paper liner and very thin, like 5mm), I used textured paper on the walls. The tools along the back are dowels, wire and foil, painted. Desk also made from form board. The oil drum with coals, was a plastic money box, painted, and then put aquarium gravel in. The forge was hollow, and enabled me to add a battery tea light, and used a little bit of clear plastic from a Phicen doll box to allow the light to shine through the top, and add more aquarium gravel… The stump was created from a metal tube covered in foil, then kitchen paper covered in PVA, and painted.

As I mentioned, if you want to see a how-to on the whole thing, I do have one available that I could post in the appropriate section on this forum if you wish to see the complete process on everything there.

4Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:37 am

shazzdan

shazzdan

5Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:44 am

londonroadhog

shazzdan wrote:Nice one. Reminds me that I haven't finished mine.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t903-scratchbuild-blacksmith-s-workshop

Thanks...

Nice... Your Smithy looks as though it'll be great. Be good to see the final product. A different approach to some of the items. But it does look as though we both went in search of other Smithies to get ideas on the look.

6Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:02 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That's pretty cool. Nice job. (I'd be interested in a WIP addition to see how it was done).

And Dan, yeah... where is that finished workshop...? Wink

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) C8485110

7Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:30 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really cool, love the little details like the forge and the table and the window.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) 1f60e

8Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:33 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Really excellent job for your first one... : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

9Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:06 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, it looks excellent, and incorporates so many neat effects and accessories that it really comes to life. Very impressive use of lighting. While I might have gone for another look -- darker, maybe wood planks or larger bricks/stones on the wall -- I think this works fine, and as I was looking up images of traditional smithies, I did find some with sand on the floor and with white-washed brick walls. As for being overly neat, maybe the cleaning "wench" had just been in? Smile Anyway, I too, would love to see a how-you-made it post -- maybe in Tutorials?

10Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:46 pm

londonroadhog

Stryker2011 wrote:That's pretty cool. Nice job. (I'd be interested in a WIP addition to see how it was done).

And Dan, yeah... where is that finished workshop...? Wink

Thanks Stryker... It was dun to do... I'll have to post the how it was done post in a moment.

11Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:47 pm

londonroadhog

Theboo-bomb wrote:Really cool, love the little details like the forge and the table and the window.

Thank you Theboo-bomb...

12Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:48 pm

londonroadhog

skywalkersaga wrote:Really excellent job for your first one... : )

Thank you Skywalkersaga... It seemed like a lot of work at the time, but in the end seemed to come together. I was happy with it. As with all my dios, they are all flat-packable, so it is in the attic here all collapsed, until the next time I decide to work on it. If, that is...

13Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:51 pm

londonroadhog

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, it looks excellent, and incorporates so many neat effects and accessories that it really comes to life. Very impressive use of lighting. While I might have gone for another look -- darker, maybe wood planks or larger bricks/stones on the wall -- I think this works fine, and as I was looking up images of traditional smithies, I did find some with sand on the floor and with white-washed brick walls. As for being overly neat, maybe the cleaning "wench" had just been in? Smile Anyway, I too, would love to see a how-you-made it post -- maybe in Tutorials?

Thanks GubernatorFan... I did struggle over how I was going to make it look. Wood planks, and bricks did come into mind when I was looking at Smithies... But I started talking to a smithy and he kind of influenced some of the direction I took when he showed me his forge.

I am about to find the details of the How-To, and see if I can figure out where to post it...

14Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:47 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
londonroadhog wrote:Thanks GubernatorFan... I did struggle over how I was going to make it look. Wood planks, and bricks did come into mind when I was looking at Smithies... But I started talking to a smithy and he kind of influenced some of the direction I took when he showed me his forge.

I am about to find the details of the How-To, and see if I can figure out where to post it...

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing it, the Tutorials section is here -- different forum sections can be accessed from the Home page --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/f6-tutorials

By the way, you can respond to multiple posts in a single post: click on Multi-quote in every post you mean to reply to, then click on Post Reply at the bottom, which will quote each separate post and allow you to address them all in one post.

15Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:08 pm

londonroadhog

GubernatorFan wrote:
londonroadhog wrote:Thanks GubernatorFan... I did struggle over how I was going to make it look. Wood planks, and bricks did come into mind when I was looking at Smithies... But I started talking to a smithy and he kind of influenced some of the direction I took when he showed me his forge.

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing it, the Tutorials section is here -- different forum sections can be accessed from the Home page --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/f6-tutorials

By the way, you can respond to multiple posts in a single post: click on Multi-quote in every post you mean to reply to, then click on Post Reply at the bottom, which will quote each separate post and allow you to address them all in one post.

Thanks. I found the section.. I have just finished posting it all... It took several posts, so I didn't make it into one unreadable block...

As for the multi-quote. I wondered what that was for, and how it worked.... Thanks for the info.

16Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:57 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
londonroadhog wrote:Thanks. I found the section.. I have just finished posting it all... It took several posts, so I didn't make it into one unreadable block...

As for the multi-quote. I wondered what that was for, and how it worked.... Thanks for the info.

No problem, happy to help.

Will go check out that tutorial.

17Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:26 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
You know I really like this setting Colin, you did a truly excellent job!

18Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Empty Re: Phicen Blacksmith (Medieval) Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:29 am

londonroadhog

BAMComix wrote:You know I really like this setting Colin, you did a truly excellent job!

Thanks Dal...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum